X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WARF
    After the Cafe Wha? show I had ZERO interest in seeing them live again. You just can't get any better than that. Why even try and top it?
    WARF you legend, some of us have yet to see Dave and Ed playing together in the same country, let alone the same room.
    Let alone LIVE IN FRONT OF YOUR NAKED STEAMING EYES!!! With emt and uncle manny stories.

You lucky bastid.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Amen!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

"but melodicrock.com has a pretty exceptional record with this sort of stuff."
        Guffaw!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
          After the Cafe Wha? show I had ZERO interest in seeing them live again. You just can't get any better than that. Why even try and top it?
          Hold on a minute, you went to the Cafe Wha? show??

That's funny, you never mention that....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

It would be nice to see a new album and like everyone else has said.......fuck MelodiCROCK!

Hell, even if they released the unfinished stuff from ADKOT, alternate takes, bonus stuff and repackaged it with ADKOT......I'd buy it.

It wouldn't take a huge amount of effort and would give the hardcore fans something till the tour restarts!
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
              Hell, even if they released the unfinished stuff from ADKOT, alternate takes, bonus stuff and repackaged it with ADKOT......I'd buy it.
              I sure the fuck wouldn't...

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Yes you would.....it would allow you to do more "research" into the ever evolving conspiracy of how Wolfie didn't play bass on any of the unreleased tracks, too
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Guffaw!
                  Is that Scottish slang for Melodicrock is full of shit..?

Ed's got a lot of recovery to go... nothin is "in the can". Remember Dave's video a few weeks ago... let's revisit. Pay real close attention... what's in the can? Nothin...

Garbage Mouth from David Lee Roth on Vimeo.

Geez the message isn't even subtle...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

I noticed Jeff Hausman has shot down Melodicrock's rumour. Apparently, they have about 30 demos recorded without vocals. It's more likely they will tour for most of next year then start work on the next album late 2013. It should be a quicker exercise next time around, with those demos ready to work with, and the confidence gained from the succesful completion of ADKOT.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Guffaw!
                      Exactly what I did over the weekend when I heard a Toronto DJ say how accurate Melodicrock is... LOL

Comment

• Never was
                        Foot Soldier
                        • May 2012

I do know many of those additional tracks actually do have Dave on em and there is enough material in varying states to put out a record. The idea of it and intent to put one out is there but this is Van Halen, ability and intent mean sometime in the next decade not months.

Still just a hunch I do think they put out something sooner than later in 2013 but anyone saying its a fact is full of it and is naive of history. Eddie just creates reasons to not put material out and always has. Hoping for the best.

A video would be great, do one for Stay Frosty make it low budget whatever but bring back the sense of humor that is so desperately missing and always worked well for Van Halen. Was Hagar years meant to be funny?

Comment

• Never was
                          Foot Soldier
                          • May 2012

Melodicrock is run by a nice enough fan but he thinks because an occassional b-level artist shoots him a pr release he is a journalist and he just is not. Problem is when people treat him like he is.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Halen High
                            I noticed Jeff Hausman has shot down Melodicrock's rumour. Apparently, they have about 30 demos recorded without vocals. It's more likely they will tour for most of next year then start work on the next album late 2013. It should be a quicker exercise next time around, with those demos ready to work with, and the confidence gained from the succesful completion of ADKOT.
                            Quicker & Van Halen don't go together these days !

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              Quicker & Van Halen don't go together these days !
                              You're probably right...but I believe Eddie is determined to give Wolfie a significant legacy in the band's history. Coupled with the ages of Eddie, Alex and Dave in mind, that's why I think we will get a couple more albums from them...and sooner rather than later.

Comment

• fwacf
                                Roadie
                                • Jul 2004

MelodiCROCK....Kangaroo Shit! Clueless down under tool bag!
                                When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

Working...