Rock/Metal Concerts: When asked to sit down, do you sit or fight back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

Rock/Metal Concerts: When asked to sit down, do you sit or fight back?

It was during the Kiss and Motley crue show. I was standing up when they did "Shout at The Devil" And some asshole who was filming the concert pushed me and told me to sit down because he couldn't see the big screen and that I was in the way. And I actually told him in these words to his face "I want to stand up and have a good time, and you can go fuck yourself." And then my bitch mom tells me to sit down. So I assume the guy asked her "excuse me? are you that boy's mother?" So I gave him the middle finger and carried on rocking out while sitting down. I regret not punching him right square in the face right then and there. Another instance was when I saw Foreigner, and I stood up when they did "Juke Box Hero" And some old cunt told me to sit down. So I gave her the finger also and sat down. I'm one kajillion percent against striking women, but I was so tempted to fucking bitchslap that old cunt across the face. What the fuck is she even doing at a rock concert anyway?

So when some asshole tells you to sit down during a rock concert, do you fight back and tell them to go fuck themselves, or do you do as they ask?
    Last edited by fraroc; 11-10-2012, 11:56 AM.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Part of me says if you want to stand, buy a ticket for the floor. But really it depends, if I can't see I'm standing up.

I am bothered more by the noise other people make. At one Stones show I went to this chick did some Indian "i yiy yiy" through the whole show and it drove me nuts.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

The guy pushed you and was an asshole first.

But usually I try to be respectful and mindful of people around me. If the guy is going to sit the whole show and wants me to sit as well, fuck him. I paid to rock out and he needs to stand the fuck up.....this ain't Andrea Bocelli show.

But you always risk getting tossed out, beaten up, spilling your $12 beer.....just ain't worth it. Ignore, move on, enjoy the expensive concert you've been waiting for.

But who the fuck sits during Shout At The Devil? You paid the same ticket price as everyone else. Rock shows are meant for standing. As long as you aren't 6'8" with a humongous afro doing some crazy Lithuanian death metal dance in front of everyone......they can suck it.

*I think the solution next time is bail from your seats & try to get closer to the stage. Somewhere everyone is standing and having a blast. More likely to have your ass squeezed by some dried up 80's rocker chick than get in a fight. (I love 80's rocker chicks)
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

I try and be respectful to people behind me that dont want to stand the whole time. But if I can't see I sure as hell am going too ! Tickets are to much not to see whats going on. Stay the fuck home man. It's a concert !

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          . At one Stones show I went to this chick did some Indian "i yiy yiy" through the whole show and it drove me nuts.

Same thing happened to me at a Colin Hay show. Turns out it was Colins hippie wife and she was onstage with him. I guess a lot of people hated it so she doesn't get to go onstage with him any more. The flute part of Down Under was done by her.......she hippie voiced it. Swear to fucking God. So irritating it pretty much ruined it. The times she wasn't doing hippie chanting to the songs she was doing some weird cosmic hippie acid trip dance on stage.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I was thinking "man...this dude is badass", until you told us your mom told you to sit.
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
              I was thinking "man...this dude is badass", until you told us your mom told you to sit.
              I was having too much fun at that show to argue with her.

And besides we fight a lot already.

Comment

• mh5150
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2010

Your MOM ?

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• fraroc
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by mh5150
                  Your MOM ?
                  I'm only 19, remember I'm probably the youngest Rotharmy soldier.

And yeah, Italian American families are pretty tight-knit.

Comment

• vaijuju
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2008

I always took tickets for the floor .Monday I'm going to see Deep Purple ! I like see Rock/hard/metal concert Stand !
                    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mh5150
                      Your MOM ?
                      Haha, I also reacted to that
                      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Most the concerts I went to were general admission. I hated the ones in arenas with seating. People would just stand on top of the seats. General admission was once you got your contraband past the front gates, it was party time. It was pot and bottles of this and that being passed around. At one show some crazy mo fo was lighting firecrackers and then holding the bottom of them while they exploded.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Honestly I have never been asked to sit down at a concert,But then again I have only been in seating at one gig and everyone was standing on the seats anyhow.I imagine i would try moving over slightly so everyone can see.No need to start fights or cause trouble.The way I see it everyone has paid a lot of money to go and have a good time,There is no need to start giving people the finger or punching people right square in the face.That kinda thing just ruins the experience for everyone around you.I will say this though fraroc,If your Mom goes to see Kiss and Motley Crue with you don't call her a bitch,That sounds like a pretty cool Mom to me.I would like it if my family liked the same music as I do.
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                            I'm only 19, remember I'm probably the youngest Rotharmy soldier.

And yeah, Italian American families are pretty tight-knit.
                            I went to see Megadeth with a friend when I was 14,Seedy thrash/death metal gigs at 15 plus I went to Download(Formerly Donnington Monsters of Rock)with a friend at 18.And my family are full blooded Italian

Live a little there fella
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm fucking sick of people filming gigs on their phones.

Does anyone go home and watch these again and again? I think not, it's a big waste of time - people who can't live in the moment.

I was standing in the second row at a show on Friday and could hardly see because the 2 people in front of me were holding up big fuckin Samsung phones over their heads for the whole night.

I ended up having to watch half the gig on their fucking phones!

Comment

Working...