Can we get a "no thanks" or "dislike" button?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

I think having that back would not be too inappropriate.

Got a lot of good laffs out of it, and it was quite useful in an abrupt sort of way.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      If it's set up fully, they are a way to "punish" "misbehaving" users.....

For example, if someone accumulates, say, 3 infractions, the Webmasters can put the user in a group established that might give no access to some forums..... That's just an example though...

But I don't believe Sarge has it configured like that....
      Interesting discussion my silly post generated... My questions in no way were intended at advocate we adopt any punishment system. Just so everyone is clear...

Given the historic nature of legendary debauchery presented and in some cases invented at the Roth Army... I figured sporting a few infraction points would be worn as a badge of honor in a humorous way. There's so few rules here you really have to work hard to push the limits.

On a serious note... the few to almost no rules aspect is something I love about this place and the former DDLR.com board which carried the spirit and haunted the halls during some down time here.

A lot of us remember the stupid "Karma" system and constant bannings at the Pleasure Dome... that was lame. Links went through some choppy times with bannings and a short stint at creating a "Tard Barn" forum to put people in time-out. As many of us who have moderated/webbied on these sites over the years... it's just too damn much work to manage people and control the cyber-carnage. If you do you have to tolerate a shit-load of whiny bitching that few can stomach. Better to let the inmates run the asylum and sort things out among themselves!!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        A lot of us remember the stupid "Karma" system and constant bannings at the Pleasure Dome... that was lame.
        Day #1 at the Dome - "Personal attacks will not be tolerated".....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Day #1 at the Dome - "Personal attacks will not be tolerated".....
          It was the first message board I ever landed on and I land to try to find out if Dave was really returning since there was a buzz about it at the time.

I couldn't fathom the karma system and personal attacks and then there's a thread that says "Would you rather set your testicles on Fire or listen to OU812?" I'm thinking am I reading this right?
          Then I learn about the RothArmy and thinking man these fuckers are out of hand but very creative.
          I was relieved to find out there were fans who felt the same way about the 2 singers as I did.

It was a shame that we were told by the webmaster that the VH people never told him anything about the status of the band, which of course just fueled the tension that already existed on that board.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
            I couldn't fathom the karma system and personal attacks and then there's a thread that says "Would you rather set your testicles on Fire or listen to OU812?" I'm thinking am I reading this right?
            Hahaha... I remember that thread. Can't remember who started it though. Hitch? WARF?

The karma crap was so stupid...
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guitar shark
              hahaha... I remember that thread. Can't remember who started it though. Hitch? Warf?

The karma crap was so stupid...
              warf.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

The worst board I ever saw with heavy-handed moderators was the William Shatner board...back when he first launched his own website....

They were so militant about PC.....a bunch of whiny do-gooders who would not allow anyone to make ANY disparaging comments about ANYTHING.

I committed the Cardinal Sin of posting a dumb blonde joke, and was promptly banned for insulting stupid people AND people with blonde hair.

What a bunch of fucking thin-skinned idiots.

Comment

Working...