X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

How much for this odd possibility?

So, I just got back into playing after many...MANY years off, and I am in now way interested in doing it seriously. I have a green fender strat that I bang around on, and some other random, cheap guitars. That said, I found this today, and while I can't stand that SoBe crap, I can't help but want this guitar. I'm fairly partial to the green color, and this might be fun just to own:

1b.jpg1c.jpg
    Last edited by POJO_Risin; 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Here's the headstock...which I would assume is a SoBe lizard...SoBe makes some sorta vitamin water....

1d.jpg
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

It's seems to be a fairly stock Epiphone Les Paul...so how much would you spend on this thing? If the SoBe wasn't there...it would be a no-brainer for me, but I still want it...just not sure what to offer for it...

So...any help would be...well...helpful...

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

It's not worth a ton, it's one of their starter models with a fancy paint job...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Mate, the bolt on version of an epi lp is vastly inferior to the set neck...and it looks like one of those.

I agree it's a cool conversation piece, but if it's a bolt on and they want more than $200 I'd be walking.

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Psychic j and a....

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

i like it. I drink SoBe, green is my fav color, and it has some EVH styling to it. But not sure the value. Checking ebay CLOSED auctions, it has sold for these prices recently:

$75
              $112.50
              $177.50
              $155

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...I saw all that...didn't see the $75 one though...

With shipping on nearly every one I've seen...the price point seems to be right at $175 or above...

I know that...

What I'm wanting is what you mugs would pay for it. I'm not really looking for something I'm going to be wailing on every night at the local club...really...something to bang around on at home...and be a conversation piece...which that surely would be.

What would you all pay for that guitar?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Like I said...I have a Green '82ish Fender Strat that will always be my main guitar...

I've never had an Eddie striped job before...and it'd be cool to have...and green to boot.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    No more than $200 - $250 with shipping...

A properly set-up epiphone can be a nice guitar...

The only thing that would turn me off is no dots on the neck...

I like to glance down and know where my hand is...

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Wasn't sure I liked that at first but I think it's a grower .
                      And epiphones are cool if its just for banging away round the house.
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

150 to 200.

Looks like the sobe was a limited release.

I have a cheap epiphone that I got at a pawn shop that I use for learning slide stuff. For that purpose it's excellent.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          Yeah...I saw all that...didn't see the $75 one though...

With shipping on nearly every one I've seen...the price point seems to be right at $175 or above...

I know that...

What I'm wanting is what you mugs would pay for it. I'm not really looking for something I'm going to be wailing on every night at the local club...really...something to bang around on at home...and be a conversation piece...which that surely would be.

I looked a little closer & that $75 job was busted & sold for parts. So don't factor that one in. If the one you are going for is in good shape I would go $150 - $200. Even at $250 you shouldn't have buyers remorse though. As long as you actually play it & it isn't in a closet getting dusty (like mine are).
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

The only thing that would turn me off is no dots on the neck...

Yeah that was weird. Can the dots be added easily?

Originally posted by ELVIS

I like to glance down and know where my hand is...

too easy man.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Can the dots be added easily?
                              Silver paint marker? Yes. Mother of Pearl inlay kit and a Dremel? Not so much.

Comment

Working...