Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

RIP Rick Majerus

64 years old...and he's passed...

This isn't really news, as his health has been pretty bad for years and years and years...

He's always been an interesting coach to me...a great one...but a guy with some enigmatic traits to say the least.

He couldn't stay away from coaching, but the lifestyle is what ultimately did him in...so many times he had to step back...quit...but he couldn't stay away...and his body just gave in...

Great coach though...and if he were healthy...IMO...would have been a top five or six coach all time...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rick Majerus was a good guy and he was well liked and highly respected here in St. Louis . I'm not too much of a basketball fan but he turned the SLU basketball program around in pretty short order . Now they actually have some decent talent , more attention , and certainly more respect as a program . It seems like wherever he went , that particular program elevated . He had a winners touch .
    Sadly we could see the decline of his health here locally . Rumors and stories would surface amid much speculation and before you knew it , he would be in the hospital yet again after yet another health scare .
    He was generous with his time as far as fans , the local media , and charities were concerned . As soon as he got here he dived head first into local causes . He was a good guy and he touched a lot of lives . I've never heard a bad thing about him .
    RIP Mr. Majerus . You will be missed .

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He was a legend around here....and anyone who lives here and is over 50 has a Majerus story. I hate Marquette, but liked Rick.

Sad news...but no surprise.

Thread Information