Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And....it's live!

http://www.acmebargig.com/

So, just over half the price of PODfarm, and KILLS it...not bad!

Just realized the "mimic" cab feature lets you load any ANY cab IR....and I still have the trusty D6 files that didn't make it from Recabinet 2 to 3...hmmm
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

OK, absolutely stoked, to the point where I want to feign sickness and go home for the day - but won't...lol. Over the weekend I sent Richard a clean and dirty sample of my Mesa MK III which they used to make a clone in Head Case!! Can't wait to get home and try it out, but hypothetically I'll be able to nail my amp's tone 24/7 instead of only being able to record it weekends when the neighbors won't bitch!!

We only did the clean and lead channels because A) Head Case currently only does 2-channels per amp, and B) With so many actual Marshall Plexi emulations, no real need to clone my amp's second "brown" channel.

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

We only did the clean and lead channels because A) Head Case currently only does 2-channels per amp, and B) With so many actual Marshall Plexi emulations, no real need to clone my amp's second "brown" channel.
          Hmm..
          While its true that Head Case supports a clean and a dirty channel, the dirty channel also has a boost for just such an occasion. The idea is that the dirty channel will be used to create a "Brown" channel, then the boost is added to provide a lead channel. So, it could be done still..

Jay you spoke about MIMIC before, I had actually tried to post a response a few days ago about that to you to give you a little back ground and some more info.

Mimic got its name because we attempted to write some code that would allow you to use any cab wave file and change its mic position. This never really worked for us 100% of the time, it is a very difficult task, and we doubt that we would ever get it to work 100% of the time. The reason why we left it in though, is because we noticed that some cab files we would never use before, suddenly became useable by simply moving the mic a little. So if you are like me and have 5 billion gazillion cabn files, yet only ever use 3-4 of them, suddenly your whole collection is now useable in some form.

Now, some inside info to share with the Roth Army..
          The new single release of MIMIC will have a button that allows you to save your settings as a new cab file. So, you load a cabinet, make some EQ adjustments, move the mic wherever you want. Click the Make Cab button and MIMIC creates a wave file that represents the settings you have. Now you can take that file and load it into any cabinet convolution software and use it.

Or...
          Say for example your band is recording a new CD (like diamondjimmi) and you are using head case. You make your own custom head for it, and now you can also make your own custom cab for it. We think it would be cool for your fans to be able to get YOUR exact sound if they want, all they have to do is download it from your website while buying your cd. There is a million and one ways that this opportunity can be used to help market your band..

Comment

Originally posted by Ken McLaren View Post
            Hmm..
            While its true that Head Case supports a clean and a dirty channel, the dirty channel also has a boost for just such an occasion. The idea is that the dirty channel will be used to create a "Brown" channel, then the boost is added to provide a lead channel. So, it could be done still..

Jay you spoke about MIMIC before, I had actually tried to post a response a few days ago about that to you to give you a little back ground and some more info.

Mimic got its name because we attempted to write some code that would allow you to use any cab wave file and change its mic position. This never really worked for us 100% of the time, it is a very difficult task, and we doubt that we would ever get it to work 100% of the time. The reason why we left it in though, is because we noticed that some cab files we would never use before, suddenly became useable by simply moving the mic a little. So if you are like me and have 5 billion gazillion cabn files, yet only ever use 3-4 of them, suddenly your whole collection is now useable in some form.

Now, some inside info to share with the Roth Army..
            The new single release of MIMIC will have a button that allows you to save your settings as a new cab file. So, you load a cabinet, make some EQ adjustments, move the mic wherever you want. Click the Make Cab button and MIMIC creates a wave file that represents the settings you have. Now you can take that file and load it into any cabinet convolution software and use it.

Or...
            Say for example your band is recording a new CD (like diamondjimmi) and you are using head case. You make your own custom head for it, and now you can also make your own custom cab for it. We think it would be cool for your fans to be able to get YOUR exact sound if they want, all they have to do is download it from your website while buying your cd. There is a million and one ways that this opportunity can be used to help market your band..

Awesome, thanks for the insight, Ken! The boost mode is kinda its own channel, huh? Definitely adds a distinct flavor to the tone... Finally getting a chance to play around with Vadim's Mark III mod right now, and it sounds pretty killer~ I can't wait to hear Gabriel's version! I'll try to record something with and put it up on Soundcloud over the weekend. MIMIC sounds really interesting too, the idea of being able to come up with my own custom cab preset....SCHWING!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

I'm still installing new amps in Head Case and I keep finding different ones I like... the "6160" (three guesses what that's based on) absolutely smokes, as does the Dimitar V8M. They sound pretty evil in stereo and combined. Here's a track I did with the two of them:

https://soundcloud.com/jayhaleguitar/foreboding-ii

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Fuckin killer tone!
                That song made me dizzy.. Lol

Nice work bro!
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Thanks, bro! The amps they're coming up with are sick!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
                    Thanks, bro! The amps they're coming up with are sick!
                    True, they definitely have it together. Ken gets talking about the deep technical stuff and my head starts spinning. Lol!
                    The man knows his stuff.
                    I'll most likely be using Headcase on my next album.
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondjimi View Post
                      True, they definitely have it together. Ken gets talking about the deep technical stuff and my head starts spinning. Lol!
                      The man knows his stuff.
                      I'll most likely be using Headcase on my next album.
                      Yeah, sometimes I have to go "..lost me, bro" when he or Richard goes too technical, but some of the stuff they're talking about for future releases is amazing. I'll definitely be using it on my stuff.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

I've used Head Case for 100% of the guitar tracks for the last few Duncan articles in recent weeks, well over a dozen clips and am still loving the sounds I'm getting. Still feel like I'm just scratching the surface!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock69 View Post
                            Wait a minnit....I just realized something.....

YOU MEAN THAT ACME IS FINALLY MAKING A PRODUCT THAT KICKS ASS?

THIS IS A HISTORICAL EVENT! THIS SHOULD BE IN THE PRESS WORLDWIDE!

THIS SHOULD BE THE SUBJECT OF EVERY CONVERSATION ON EARTH RIGHT NOW!!!!

Ahh....I just realized something....you know, Acme always DID make products that kicked ass! ACME Dynamite....ACME Anvils....ACME Batman costumes.....it is not ACME's fault that Wile E. Coyote (Super Genius) did not follow the instructions properly when using ACME products.

So I guess I should say...ACME is continuing it's tradition of manufacturing fine high-quality products at an affordable price!

I want the earthquake pills and the instant girl.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Yes! Instant Girl! Woot!

Comment

Just add a job...

Comment

Working...
                                X