Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A tragedy like this naturally focuses attention but every year in the US over 200 children under 10 are killed by firearms.

So one way to look at this is that it's just a 10% increase this year...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    A tragedy like this naturally focuses attention but every year in the US over 200 children under 10 are killed by firearms.

So one way to look at this is that it's just a 10% increase this year...
    And the majority of those could have also been prevented by gun safes, as they were the result of a kid playing with a gun.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's really no excuse for not having a gun safe. You can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks - less than the cost of an average pistol.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't believe that after the events of y/day that some of you on here find this the time to pontificate on your rights to bear arms and ram your religious beliefs down our throats, fuck guns, fuck religion and fuck the whackjobs that cause these atrocities. Those poor kids and victims family's need your support not your opinion.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It must be an extra stress for you guys who are parents in the US.

You basically have to rely on every parent of every child your kid plays with to always be vigilant with guns.

Someone asked what was meant by a 'gun culture'. My kids are at a school of 700 pupils none of whose parents will own a firearm, that's what not having a gun culture means.

Shit of course can still happen but I personally prefer it this way.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraToraTora View Post
    I can't believe that after the events of y/day that some of you on here find this the time to pontificate on your rights to bear arms and ram your religious beliefs down our throats, fuck guns, fuck religion and fuck the whackjobs that cause these atrocities. Those poor kids and victims family's need your support not your opinion.
    Have a drink. Have 2. And then worry about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2543277.stm

1996: Massacre in Dunblane school gym
    A lone gunman has gone on a shooting spree at a school in Dunblane, Scotland, killing 16 children and their teacher.

The killer sprayed shots at random around the school gym in an attack that lasted just three minutes, but caused carnage in a class of five and six year olds. He then turned the gun on himself.

Twelve other children were taken to hospital in Stirling, where one is reported to have later died of his injuries.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well exactly Jack which is maybe why the 2 Scottish people here have strong opinions on this.

I was at the ER that day and saw the parents faces and have a good friend who was one of the first doctors on the scene.

I'm glad to say that we banned all handguns in this country after that...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 12-15-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Those kids in Dunblane should have been celebrating their 21st birthdays this year......................

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Gun culture is a perverse, fetishistic love of guns based on paranoia, machismo, racism, and Hollywood. It is a culture where any problem and/or bitch you have with someone else that doesn't agree you is solved by the use of a bullet. Gun culture desensitizes (yes, desensitizes) the actual killing of another human being without conscious. Gun culture is largely an American invention that makes violence sexy, symbolic and stupid. Gun culture deludes people - especially rednecks and the uneducated types like yourself to feel "big" when you penis is small and is underlying problem why you need a semi-automatic weapon to fuel you unfounded suspicions that the government/Obama is somehow going to turn you into a liberal zombie overnight. Gun culture is a disease/social cancer that brutally kills innocents everyday. Gun culture is a coward that hides and distorts the very Amendment that allows it.
    If that's your definition of "gun culture," then the vast majority of legal gun owners and also members of the NRA are not members of this gun culture.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    If that's your definition of "gun culture," then the vast majority of legal gun owners and also members of the NRA are not members of this gun culture.
    Even if your right, in this case, minority rules. Bad apples ruin things for the whole bunch. Just accept it already FFS. If guitars suddenly became the weapon of choice for psychopathic mass murderers, I'd understand the reasoning behind making it more difficult to acquire one.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    While we're talking guns, I'm thinking the US military, and hence NATO, should go to a 6.8mm round vice 5.56. Too many troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are saying the 5.56 doesn't have enough knock-down power and just "doesn't get the job done." Whaddya say?
    I've heard the argument my whole life. The M-16 is a support weapon. In war artillery and heavy machine guns do most the killing. If the 5.56 NATO and M-16 had real serious problems they would have dumped them both by now.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It must be an extra stress for you guys who are parents in the US.

You basically have to rely on every parent of every child your kid plays with to always be vigilant with guns.

Someone asked what was meant by a 'gun culture'. My kids are at a school of 700 pupils none of whose parents will own a firearm, that's what not having a gun culture means.

Shit of course can still happen but I personally prefer it this way.
    I'm more worried about the people driving cars on the street. Where I live is safer than London.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    And the majority of those could have also been prevented by gun safes, as they were the result of a kid playing with a gun.
    You don't even need the big gun safes, you can take a part of the gun so it can't shoot and lock that up in a separate location. Not everyone lives where a big huge gun safe is practical. We were always told to store the rifles with the bolts out of them and store the ammunition separate. That's what my dad did.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    Hale, the words, gun culture are a tool by liberals to take blame away from the liberal ideals, that blame is placed as far away from the truth as posssible.

To segregate society as if we are blind fools to reality..sadly most are.

There is no such thing as a gun culture except for idiots who get there lifestyle outline from the media and the cult of one dimensional thinking...you know, morons.
    What "liberal ideals?" Like you not touching dirty women? Fuck off Thome. Who gave you the right, cunt....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I'm not even sure what's would be so good about eternal life anyway.
    I said something similar once in a college class on literature discussing all of this, and everyone looked at me like I had three heads. There's a reason why even the vampires in Anne Rice's literary universe often commit suicide....

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    You don't even need the big gun safes, you can take a part of the gun so it can't shoot and lock that up in a separate location. Not everyone lives where a big huge gun safe is practical. We were always told to store the rifles with the bolts out of them and store the ammunition separate. That's what my dad did.

Yes, my old man did the same,... and you allready know what I am going to say... a 20 year old knows his mothers safe combination or where the key is and more than likely can assemble a bolt into a reciever and probably knows where she keeps the ammo and from my experience if you really want to you can cold chisel a triger lock in two in about one minute.

So the amswer to the question is a question....as I have mentioned in this thread already, why are children these days not held responsible for thier actions when the parent isn't around,... who is thier God,.... who do they respect,..... who do the answer to...no one, because of the destruction of the family unit by political and social free thinkers who think they are God themselves.

Taking God out of the pledge of allegience was a bad stone to give children to carry ..what is a allegience without a image to respect?

God and Country dudes that is what is missing in todays children the liberals aren't freeing social interaction they are perverting what we already figured out years ago as a bad example.

But they think they know it all due to thier concepts of themselves as God.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 12-15-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Let's all take a moment...

Charlotte Bacon, 6, (F)
    Daniel Barden, 7, (M)
    Rachel Davino, 29, (F)
    Olivia Engel , 6, (F)
    Josephine Gay, 7, (F)
    Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6 (F)
    Dylan Hockley, 6 (M)
    Dawn Hochsprung, 47 (F)
    Madeleine F. Hsu, 6, (F)
    Catherine V. Hubbard , 6, (F)
    Chase Kowalski, 7, (M)
    Jesse Lewis, 6, (M)
    James Mattioli, 6, (M)
    Grace McDonnell, 7, (F)
    Anne Marie Murphy, 52 (F)
    Emilie Parker, 6 (F)
    Jack Pinto, 6, (M)
    Noah Pozner, 6, (M)
    Caroline Previdi, 6, (F)
    Jessica Rekos, 6, (F)
    Avielle Richman, 6 (F)
    Lauren Rousseau, 30, (F)
    Mary Sherlach, 56, (F)
    Victoria Soto, 27 (F)
    Benjamin Wheeler, 6, (M)
    Allison N. Wyatt , 6 (F)
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    There's really no excuse for not having a gun safe. You can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks - less than the cost of an average pistol.
    This. To be a gun owner with children and not have one would be negligent.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    This. To be a gun owner with children and not have one would be negligent.
    I bought the floor model of one of these and got it for $800. These are great safes period. You can customize the inside to put whatever you want in them.
    http://ftknoxtexas.com/safes.htm

Good for locking away collectable guitars too.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    While we're talking guns, I'm thinking the US military, and hence NATO, should go to a 6.8mm round vice 5.56. Too many troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are saying the 5.56 doesn't have enough knock-down power and just "doesn't get the job done." Whaddya say?
    I say I'm reasonably comfortable with the size of my penis so have absolutely no opinion on the matter.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    Yes, my old man did the same,... and you allready know what I am going to say... a 20 year old knows his mothers safe combination or where the key is and more than likely can assemble a bolt into a reciever and probably knows where she keeps the ammo and from my experience if you really want to you can cold chisel a triger lock in two in about one minute.

So the amswer to the question is a question....as I have mentioned in this thread already, why are children these days not held responsible for thier actions when the parent isn't around,... who is thier God,.... who do they respect,..... who do the answer to...no one, because of the destruction of the family unit by political and social free thinkers who think they are God themselves.

Taking God out of the pledge of allegience was a bad stone to give children to carry ..what is a allegience without a image to respect?

God and Country dudes that is what is missing in todays children the liberals aren't freeing social interaction they are perverting what we already figured out years ago as a bad example.

But they think they know it all due to thier concepts of themselves as God.
    When I was a kid sitting in Sunday School and going through seminary we were told we were the generation that would see great and terrible things. What would happen in the future was laid out and we were told society would separate and there would be no middle ground anymore. Families would destruct and the result would bring society and even whole governments down with it. Amazingly everything I was told as a kid that would happen is happening in great detail.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think a lot of it was the dads at the time grew up through the great depression some served in World War II or Korea.
    Yeah the good old days...

Check your statistics - now is the best time in the history of the planet to be alive.

I wish there was an afterlife where you had to stand up in an arena of the 30 million potential people that didn't live because you were the fastest sperm that night in your mother and give a fucking speech on how you spent your life moaning and complaining all the fucking time about how terrible it was being born to the wealthiest 1% of humans on the planet in the 21st century. Or maybe you could do a speaking tour in the Third World.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah the good old days...

Check your statistics - now is the best time in the history of the planet to be alive.

I wish there was an afterlife where you had to stand up in an arena of the 30 million potential people that didn't live because you were the fastest sperm that night in your mother and give a fucking speech on how you spent your life moaning and complaining all the fucking time about how terrible it was being born to the wealthiest 1% of humans on the planet in the 21st century. Or maybe you could do a speaking tour in the Third World.
    That isn't saying much for the human race. Oh yeah the family and home situation is really great right now and the brightest people are hired to make weapons while technology that could actually make everyone's lives better is put on a back shelf. Talk to anyone who works in law enforcement or a school today and they will tell you things are far from being rosy and they have degenerated a huge amount in the past 40 years. Other than some electronic gizmos giving you more and more for less and less everything else is becoming more expensive and we have less choices on the important things than ever. Speaking of the 1%, yeah, they have more wealth than ever because everyone got distracted and bought off and just gave it to them.

I guess if you are an atheist you have to sugar coat the reality because of course this is it. Once your heart stops it's the end. It would suck to think that your little 15 minutes of existence sucks.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-15-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why don't you start a fucking appropriate thread on it, then? Don't you think this one about the mass murder of kindergarteners has been trivialized enough?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That isn't saying much for the human race. Oh yeah the family and home situation is really great right now and the brightest people are hired to make weapons while technology that could actually make everyone's lives better is put on a back shelf. Talk to anyone who works in law enforcement or a school today and they will tell you things are far from being rosy and they have degenerated a huge amount in the past 40 years. Other than some electronic gizmos giving you more and more for less and less everything else is becoming more expensive and we have less choices on the important things than ever. Speaking of the 1%, yeah, they have more wealth than ever because everyone got distracted and bought off and just gave it to them.

I guess if you are an atheist you have to sugar coat the reality because of course this is it. Once your heart stops it's the end. It would suck to think that your little 15 minutes of existence sucks.
    If that's your speech I think you would get booed off...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Why don't you start a fucking appropriate thread on it, then? Don't you think this one about the mass murder of kindergarteners has been trivialized enough?
    Sometimes BBB comes across as an average Joe, not super clever but whatever.

Then every so often he posts something that makes you think he's just a silly unpleasant cunt.

No offence.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    You're all fucked up! You say this above and then start arguing with nitro about The definition of carbine, what is small caliber and talking about NATO rounds and what looks like an M-14 or not. Hypocrite.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sometimes BBB comes across as an average Joe, not super clever but whatever.

Then every so often he posts something that makes you think he's just a silly unpleasant cunt.

No offence.
    I think even cunts are offended by that post...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're all fucked up! You say this above and then start arguing with nitro about The definition of carbine, what is small caliber and talking about NATO rounds and what looks like an M-14 or not. Hypocrite.
    Because he's reciting the same fucking propagandist talking points that typically try to minimize the characterization of the assault rifle. That's fucking why you jackass! But reread and I answered your silly, macho caliber topic! Jerk!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I made a vow a couple of years ago to not to insult people on the internet any more but...

I dunno I guess this whole thing has just brought back some pretty unpleasant memories.

I can still see the faces of those Dunblane parents 16 years on and it haunts my 'little 15 minutes of existence'.

I guess that's my problem not anyone posting here, you can only take offence not give it.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The problem with gun rights arguments is that neither side can quit screaming and pissing long enough to find a reasonable middle ground.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah I think a problem most Europeans have with the issue is the failure to understand that you are coming from a different starting point.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    The problem with gun rights arguments is that neither side can quit screaming and pissing long enough to find a reasonable middle ground.
    Heck. That's the problem with everything. We just need two countries and that's probably over time where it's going to go.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't believe what i'm about to say...

The person I think I agree with most in this thread is...LoungeMachine. Just go back and read his posts.

First of all, it's Saturday morning and I still got a knot in my stomach. i can't even put my feelings into words.

I believe in 2nd amendment rights to keep and bear arms, but I also believe in responsible gun control.

Banning all weapons will not work and will not ever happen in this country. Guns didn't kill these people. Guns are a tool. A sick, psychotic, EVIL person killed these people.

Nick posted regs in New York State and Blaze posted a graphic that made somewhat sense. Go read them again.

I find it amazing that I had to take a day long (8.5 hrs) course in Hunter Education just so I could go hunting and also get my Concealed Carry Permit, yet to buy a gun nothing of the sort is required.

Firearms can be a fantastic tool for sporting events (hunting and target shooting sports), though I don't recommend a person buy one strictly for self defense. Too many people that aren't proficient with a weapon under those circumstances get hurt.

Somehow, some way, better screening needs to be done in order for people to buy a weapon. This fuck was sick in the head yet he used weapons owned by his mom that weren't even locked up in a gun safe.
    I heard he's been reading a new book that's given him a different perspective on life.

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, they're vast members of a mental asylum.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let's just accept society has become more evil. I blame Satan for it.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Sounds like the dead mother may have some degree of responsibility in this case...

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The mother of the suspected Sandy Hook Elementary School gunman, herself slain at the outset of the murderous rampage, was an avid gun enthusiast who liked to take her sons to the shooting range to practice their marksmanship, a friend tells NBC News.

Dan Holmes, a local landscaper and a friend of Nancy Lanza, mother of 20-year-old suspected gunman Adam Lanza, said she also was a collector.

“She had a pretty extensive gun collection,” Holmes said. “She was a collector, she was pretty proud of that. She always mentioned that she really loved the act of shooting.”

Holmes recalled that she said she was able to “focus in” while shooting.

Federal officials tell NBC News that Adam Lanza took three weapons with him to the school – two pistols, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, and a Bushmaster .223-caliber semi-automatic assault-style rifle – all of which were registered to Nancy Lanza.

It is unclear whether all the guns were used in the attack. At a news briefing on Saturday, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, who led the team that autopsied the victims, said, “All the (injuries) … I know of were caused by the rifle.”

The Associated Press reported that authorities investigating the school shooting later recovered additional weapons -- a Henry repeating rifle, an Enfield rifle and a shotgun. It was not clear where those weapons were found.

Holmes, Nancy Lanza’s friend, said the 47-year-old single mother also frequently talked about how she was worried about Adam.

Investigators and former classmates of Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza say he was bright, but extremely shy and remote.

She talked about “how he was an unstable kid,” he said. “She would talk about that. “She was very protective of him. I don’t … think she ever got major help for him. She just tried to handle it on her own. It was something she was definitely disturbed about.”

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let's just accept society has become more evil. I blame Satan for it.
    Fuck off!

You mortals need to start taking responsibility for your own shit.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unfortunately for Mrs Lanza, she sounds like your typical gun nut.... completely unconcerned with whether a complete psycho could get his hands on weapons. In this case, hers. Which he then used on her, and 26 others, mostly children.

Score another 666 points on the NRA stupidity scale.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It has zero to do with the NRA...

Thread Information