Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I zoomed in and saw what might be a tiny tear to the outside of Obama's eye...

I don't question his grief...

I question his instant reaction to not let a good crisis go to waste...
    Exactly. I think he was moved...and grieving...but he was not tearing up or crying.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So many people missing the entire point, very sad. This shouldn't be about a fuckin political agenda, mourn for the children and the staff lost in this tragedy, it is ridiculous that this has turned into a fucking pissing contest.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The mother of the suspected Sandy Hook Elementary School gunman, herself slain at the outset of the murderous rampage, was an avid gun enthusiast who liked to take her sons to the shooting range to practice their marksmanship, a friend tells NBC News.

I can't read too much into it, but the comments regarding this lady in the media by her neighbors seem to be the typical things said by people who didn't like someone very much who's died but are trying to be nice....

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    After digesting several of the various aspects of this tragedy I've come to some conclusions... some positive some not. It's going to take quite awhile to come to any comfortable answers...

It's good that people are talking about guns and what to do about that. It's good that people are questioning mental health care... current use/abuse and also the impacts of lack of providing care for those that can snap and do such horrific shit.

It's impressive how people around the world have stepped up to offer support and condolences to the victims of this tragedy. Human compassion is an amazing thing and something we should continue to encourage and be proud of. Most likely it's the glue that prevents us from offing all of us.

It's sad to see smart and intelligent people fighting here and carrying on personal bashing... just a shame that this focus and energy can't bring folks together for a common cause rather than divide and fuel petty bickering...

As a parent I've been watching my kids... for the most part my 11 & 14 year old daughters seem to be oblivious to the whole incident and totally consumed with their busy little lives far away from what's occurred in Connecticut. I've chosen to not bring much of this to their attention. They're aware, but don't seem to be engaged. I have a feeling that will change tomorrow once they return to school and interact with their peers...

At the moment I'm trying to find a sense of trust to load my kids in the truck and drop them off at school tomorrow... trust that security measures at their school will be enough... trust that some other jackass locally won't decide it's their day and those close to them take all measures possible to prevent things like this from occurring... My instincts tell me I need to protect my kids... my common sense tells me we can't let this stop us from living life to it's fullest. It's going to be real rough tomorrow morning to open that door and watch them walk into the school and not worry me...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Amazing, I actually watched the first part of this (minus the Alex Jones part) and agreed with most of it. This shooting WILL rally the anti-gun nuts and anti-gun culture to take away our second amendment rights.

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Obama was faking the tears bit...appearing to wipe away tears that never were visible. He could have done a better fake crying job. Maybe he should have had some of his Hollywood buddies to give him an acting lesson.
    So conspiratorial horseshit and mindless conjecture is kind of cool if it plays into your paranoias and beliefs?

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Exactly. I think he was moved...and grieving...but he was not tearing up or crying.
    His words were what mattered most, and I think he did as well a one could do in this situation. From the very outset, he was speaking as a parent. Zooming in to see if there were actual tears? Are you kidding me? Some of you guys couldn't cut this president some slack if you had guns to your heads. Of course, that wouldn't phase some of you either.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Because Obama and the people in the white house have proven to be untrustworthy...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nick, I really like the line under your avatar.

FYI: Endor was an inside job.

death-star-1.jpg
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Because Obama and the people in the white house have proven to be untrustworthy...
    How many people in the White House did you trust prior to 2008? I didn't trust Bush as far as I could throw him, but he had a human, compassionate way of addressing tragedies of this sort. Obama did fine. Your just looking for another way to voice displeasure with him. How much shit do you plan to tackle in one thread?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I said he did fine with his compassion...

I tried to trust the government...

I won't make that mistake again...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    So many people missing the entire point, very sad. This shouldn't be about a fuckin political agenda, mourn for the children and the staff lost in this tragedy, it is ridiculous that this has turned into a fucking pissing contest.
    This...

Go view this page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandy...42591449223701

Take a good look at the pictures of the little kids... You most likely will find a tear in your eye rather worrying about President Obama's...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mass shootings connected to LIBOR.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So are the people at your church like your pastor...

The funny, ironic thing about it all is that while you call the President and his White House untrustworthy, something I don't totally disagree with actually, you seem to get your views from a radio-douche bag with a documented penchant and track record of lying and being wrong and making silly fucking predictions that don't ever come through. Then Alex Jones completely ignores said predictions after the fact while making new, bullshit predictions with no basis in facts or evidence. It's funny when you act so skeptical but believe complete bullshit at the same time when it suits you...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    This...

Go view this page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandy...42591449223701

Take a good look at the pictures of the little kids... You most likely will find a tear in your eye rather worrying about President Obama's...

I have no words. How the FUCK! do you look into the eyes of these children & then snuff them out? I'm a grown man and I'm here crying like a baby. This whole thing is totally wrecking me.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was thinking of the gun culture/violence thing last night. Thinking of the past incidents & how this is really the first with a majority of very young children. I couldn't help but compare it to Anakin slaughtering the young Jedis as he became Darth Vader. That scene was glorified as his transformation to the dark side & becoming super powerful. i'm sure the shooter had seen this movie. not blaming Star Wars. Just saying it reminded me of that scene.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As we remember & cry over all these children, I want to make a special post for this lady. Such a brave final act. I find it amazing what some people can rise to when called upon.

Victoria Soto, a 27 year old first grade teacher, hid her students in closets and cabinets. When the shooter reached her classroom and asked her where her students were, she lied and told him she took them to the gym. He shot her on the spot and left. Her entire classroom survived. You're a hero, Victoria. Rest in peace.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    As we remember & cry over all these children, I want to make a special post for this lady. Such a brave final act. I find it amazing what some people can rise to when called upon.

Victoria Soto, a 27 year old first grade teacher, hid her students in closets and cabinets. When the shooter reached her classroom and asked her where her students were, she lied and told him she took them to the gym. He shot her on the spot and left. Her entire classroom survived. You're a hero, Victoria. Rest in peace.

It's so sad. She was a heroic and beautiful young woman...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This event has disturbed me since I heard about it on Friday. I can't imagine why this person would hurt these innocent people.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    This event has disturbed me since I heard about it on Friday. I can't imagine why this person would hurt these innocent people.

because he was the sick sun of a sick woman possessing murderous weapons.
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Clearly he is malnourished. And probably surviving on processed foods. No wonder he was disturbed.

This is no place to publish a voluble article.
    So a link will suffice. westonaprice.org/childrens-health/child-violence-is-malnutrition-the-cause

Though there may be some debate on the worth of the Weston A. Price Foundation, the article has solid references.

And as an added interest, I found this book while looking for references.

http://books.google.com/books?id=7eH...page&q&f=false
    Last edited by Blaze; 12-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was originally reported by all news sources that his mother, who was murdered in their home, was either a teacher or substitute at the school. that appears now not to be the case although the mom had some kind of beef with that school district. Why did he go off on that particular school and especially those kids like that?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He did attend that school as a young boy...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here in iowa we have the conceal carry law. I feel pretty safe anywhere I'm at at any time.
    I would feel comfortable with my children's teachers carrying a handgun, or at least a few different people in the building should have access to a firearm.

It's the only way this is ever going to stop happening, either that or turn schools into lock down facilities.

Roth And Roll

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post

I hope there weren't any kids in the gym...
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vh rides again View Post
    Here in iowa we have the conceal carry law. I feel pretty safe anywhere I'm at at any time.
    I would feel comfortable with my children's teachers carrying a handgun, or at least a few different people in the building should have access to a firearm.

It's the only way this is ever going to stop happening, either that or turn schools into lock down facilities.

Roth And Roll
    funny...how come we have no guns in our schools at all?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who gives a shit, this isn't really a gun issue...

This guy was OBVIOUSLY mentally disturbed...

He apparently had ZERO normal relationships...

He may have been prone to aggressive behavior...

He was most likely on long-term psychiatric medication and my best guess would be that he abused his medication as well as whatever else...

Combine that with video games that glorify murder with assault weapons, and a goth zombie pissed off at the world and there you go...

And we really don't know much about the story yet, but I truly believe this is more a mental health issue...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But I really don't like those fucking murder video games...

I have no problem with restricting access to that bullshit...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

video games don't kill anybody...follow your own logic...why restrict them?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who gives a shit, this isn't really a gun issue...

were the kids shot with a joystick?

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

And that's okay. When you have kids you can decide that you don't want those games in your home. But it isn't your place to tell others that they can or not.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    video games don't kill anybody...follow your own logic...why restrict them?
    Because they're realistic and can be dangerous to an unstable person...

I believe it can plant a seed that would not have been there otherwise...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    And that's okay. When you have kids you can decide that you don't want those games in your home. But it isn't your place to tell others that they can or not.
    That's not what I said...

I didn't mean ban them, just restrict them from certain people possibly...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I'm in agreement with you. I wouldn't let my son have any games that killed people when they started coming out with them. I think social media is a big problem too. We're losing the "human" aspect in socialization. These kids are growing up socializing with computer screens, ffs.

But, I do agree that it's up to parents to decide what their kids can and cannot see or do. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that should not be parents...

I also have to agree with Elvis on the mental health issue. Shit, agreeing with Elvis not once, but twice? This is a historic moment.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, I totally agree...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's not what I said...

I didn't mean ban them, just restrict them from certain people possibly...
    Good luck with that.

Who decides the definition of "certain people?"

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still find myself blaming the mother...

She taught him to shoot...

She controlled him and provided him with everything from the medication to the video games...

She was a control freak prepper who stockpiled food and guns and taught a mentally unstable kid to use weapons...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Good luck with that.

Who decides the definition of "certain people?"
    Nevermind...

Those games are bad for you though...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still find myself blaming the mother...

She taught him to shoot...

She controlled him and provided him with everything from the medication to the video games...

She was a control freak prepper who stockpiled guns and taught a mentally unstable kid to use weapons...
    I don't disagree with some of that...in particular...the guns piece of it all...

I can say that it's a lot more complicated than that, and I've seen single parents have to deal with children who present challenges on a daily basis...

I can also say that there generally seems to be the old adage..."Apple doesn't fall far from the tree..."

That's not always the case, but there does tend to be some similarity between parents and children...of course...

You can often see subtle similarities in the parents and the students...one way or the other.

Of course, I don't know that to be true in this case, and from what's being said, the mom seemed to have social graces that the son didn't have...but that can sometimes be compensation...

But a lot of time, you'll find a parent overwhelmed with a situation, to the point they don't see the major signals that are right in front of them. It's sorta like living next to the train tracks. After a few weeks, you don't hear the train, even though it shakes the house from a few feet away.

Not sure any of that makes sense, and I'm not trying to say it's "okay" to have an arsenal with a troubled child, but I can see a situation where the mother is with a child daily...and it's YOUR child, and while you know there are issues, you feel like you can fix it...because you're the parent...and while you know there are issues...you can't FATHOM that they would go this far...

I don't know...just don't know...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nevermind...

Those games are bad for you though...
    Why never mind? You don't believe in your idea, or you agree that what you proposed is next to impossible?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I don't know...just don't know...
    And I was being overly harsh...

I'm pretty sure she was trying to take care of him...

And taking care of a possibly unstable autistic child or young adult can be a challenge to say the least...

Thread Information