Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Why never mind? You don't believe in your idea, or you agree that what you proposed is next to impossible?
    No, I don't believe in telling other people what to do and I was getting ahead of myself...

But are there any requirements to purchase a kill game ??
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    My wife plays modern warfare occasionally but I think it's stupid...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I still find myself blaming...
    That's the problem with this whole fucking society. Everybody else is always to blame for something. No accountability on anyones part for anything.
    It's certainly easy enough to judge anyone for anything though none has the facts.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'm just sharing my thoughts after reading up on it...

I'm more interested in what leads to this behavior than anything else...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

But are there any requirements to purchase a kill game ??
    Beyond a rating system that likely gets ignored on the retail level? No, I don't think so.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm just sharing my thoughts after reading up on it...

I'm more interested in what leads to this behavior than anything else...
    I'm not singling you out Elbow, I just used your post to illustrate my point.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

...although you do seem to do an awful lot of judging yourself.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'll admit that...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    A voice of reason...

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

More evidence that this douchebag's mother was just as fucked in the head as he was.....

Sandy Hook Shooter's Mother Collected Guns In Preparation For Economic Collapse
    Jon Swaine, The Telegraph | Dec. 16, 2012, 6:10 PM |

The mother of the gunman who killed 20 children and seven adults in America’s worst school massacre, was a gun-proud “survivalist” preparing for economic collapse, it has emerged.

Nancy Lanza, whose gun collection was raided by her son Adam for Friday’s massacre at Sandy Hook school, was part of the “prepper” movement, which urges readiness for social chaos by hoarding supplies and training with weapons.

“She prepared for the worst,” her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters. “Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping – are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

It also emerged that Mrs Lanza had spoken of her fears less than a week before the attack that she was “losing” her son. “She said it was getting worse. She was having trouble reaching him,” said a friend of Mrs Lanza who did not want to be named.

Police disclosed that the 52-year-old had five legally registered guns – at least three of which her 20-year-old son carried with him. Most victims were shot with an assault rifle, while Lanza also carried two handguns and left a shotgun in his car.

President Barack Obama was on his way to Connecticut to comfort families of the victims, amid mounting pressure for political action in Washington on gun control.

Democrats are preparing to introduce a new bill to ban assault rifles , but the difficulty of achieving any consensus was well illustrated after one Republican congressman said staff at the school should have been armed to protect themselves.

Fresh details emerged of the massacre which has caused shock waves across America as well as internationally.

Lanza was reported to have wiped out one complete class of six and seven-year-olds along with their teacher. Dr H Wayne Carver, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner, said the injuries were the worst he had seen in his career with some of the children shot 11 times.

One of the victims, six-year-old Dylan Hockley, was the British-born son of a couple who moved their family to Connecticut from Hampshire two years ago.

His mother, Nicole, had described the area as “a wonderful place to live”, with “incredible” neighbours and “amazing” schools”.

Dannel Malloy, the Connecticut governor, said the death toll might have been much greater and Lanza may have planned to kill even more.

“We surmise that… he heard responders coming and apparently at that, decided to take his own life,” Mr Malloy said.

Candlelit vigils were held over the weekend for the victims.

One was for Victoria Soto, a 27-year-old teacher who was killed after telling Lanza the children were in another room, allowing some of the children to escape. “She was selfless – selfless,” Jessica Zrallack, a former schoolmate, told The Daily Telegraph.

Newtown’s residents were forced to endure fresh anguish yesterday, when a Roman Catholic church that has become a centre of support for the grieving, was evacuated following a telephoned-in security threat. St Rose of Lima was later given the all-clear.

Mr Obama was preparing to visit the town last night in order to comfort the families of those killed and speak at an interfaith vigil.

The president, who failed to deliver on a 2008 election promise to reinstate an assault weapons ban, is now under mounting pressure from within his own party to throw his political weight behind new laws.

Despite the outpouring of national grief, the Bill is likely to be highly divisive; Congress has not passed significant gun legislation for almost 20 years, amid partisan gridlock.

A poll by CNN in August found that 57 per cent of Americans favour a ban on semi-automatic assault weapons, while 60 per cent favour outlawing high-capacity ammunition clips.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A voice of reason...
    A voice like Droopy Dog, and rarely reasonable. Thank all that's unholy the Senate is about to be rid of him.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

There was definitely something fucked up about the family. As I said before, reading and hearing only a little - it sounds like her neighbors really didn't like the mother and said the kind of things you say about someone you couldn't stand that's died...

*Just read Ford's article post after writing the above....

In addition, I saw something on CNN where they interviewed the ex-babysitter for her sons. He said Adam was basically operating on a very inhibited emotional level and would get upset if he couldn't watch TV anymore and acted like a much younger child than he was. He was also told to always keep an eye on Adam and never leave him alone. Good thing she had a vast gun collection...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-17-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: *added

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's not what I said...

I didn't mean ban them, just restrict them from certain people possibly...
    Um, really? You're worried about the games? This kid had a bigger problem than games. He had a mother that acknowledged he had severe developmental disabilities - probably over and above his reported Asperger Syndrome - and she still maintained an armory...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-17-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,004 Posts

Blog Entries
    Because they're realistic and can be dangerous to an unstable person...

I believe it can plant a seed that would not have been there otherwise...
    You can't discount the influence of TV, movies and video games on kids today... but I can't say that any of that is really at the core of the issue with this generation of kids today.

Those of us who grew up in the 60's, 70's and 80's were exposed to violence and murder on a regular basis via movies and TV. Every week Marshall Dillion or Little Joe or Hoss or the Rifleman or Clint Eastwood or John Wayne or Audy Murfee or Roy Rogers were shootin somebody who was shootin somebody else... In cartoons Popeye and Bluto were constantly beating the shit out of each other and look at the hanious violent crimes perpetrated by Wille E Coyote and Foghorn Leghorn every week.

We also had access to guns... lots of guns, ammo, etc... It was right of passage around 8 to get your first Red Rider or Daisy BB gun and our rich friends ended up getting pump pellet guns. We ran around with them publicly shootin up all kinds of stuff, birds, muskrats, gophers, squirrels, cans, bottles, car windows, barns, etc...

But we never shot each other... nor did anyone no matter how terrible you got treated at school by teachers, bullies or whatever... raid their dad's unlocked gun cabinet and go shoot up your school.

This crap didn't happen and even today my generation doesn't do these things for the most part... But somehow we've managed to raise kids or grandkids that do...

There's something else that's changed and I can't say it's violence on TV, movies or even games which we didn't have. I can't say it's easier access to guns because it's actually a bit more difficult to access weapons than it was 30-40 years ago.

We got to dig a little deeper as there's no easy answer...

15. 4 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DlocRoth (12-17-2012),ELVIS (12-17-2012),Guitar Shark (12-17-2012),Kristy (12-18-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Anyone ever heard The Jesus Christ Show ??

26 Souls 12/16/12

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We don't get that show down here.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden
    By By ADAM GELLER | Associated Press – 2 hrs 48 mins ago

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — At the bar, everybody knew her name.

Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.

Two or three nights a week, Lanza — the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre — came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor. The divorced mother of two — still smooth-skinned and ash blonde at 52 — clearly didn't have to work, but was always glad to share talk of her beloved Red Sox, gardening and a growing enthusiasm for target shooting.

But while Lanza spoke proudly about her sons and brought them in for breakfast when they were younger, friends say she held one card very close: home life, especially its trials and setbacks, was off limits.

Now, the secrets Lanza kept are at the center of the questions that envelop this New England town, grieving over the slaughter unleashed by her 20-year-old son Adam, who investigators say killed his mother Friday with one of her own guns before murdering 26 children and teachers at a nearby school.

"Her family life was her family life. She kept it private, when we were together. That was her own thing," said Louise Tambascio, who runs the warmly lit pizzeria and bar with her own sons, and became a shopping and dining companion of Nancy Lanza's.

Friends had met Lanza's younger son, who stared down at the floor and didn't speak when she brought him in. They knew he'd switched schools more than once and that she'd tried home schooling him. But while she occasionally expressed concern about his future during evenings at the bar, she never complained about anything at all.

"I heard her as a parent. I always said that I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. But I thought, 'Wow. She holds it well,'" said Tambascio's son, John.

Friends told NBC's "Today" show on Monday that Lanza was a devoted mother, especially to her son Adam, and that shooting guns was simply a hobby for her.

Russell Hanoman said Adam Lanza was "clearly a troubled child."

Hanoman said Nancy Lanza told him she introduced guns to Adam as a way to teach him responsibility.

"Guns require a lot of respect, and she really tried to instill that responsibility within him, and he took to it. He loved being careful with them. He made it a source of pride," he said.

California resident Ryan Kraft told KCAL-TV in Los Angeles that when he was a teenager he lived a few doors down from the Lanza family and used to babysit Adam Lanza, then nine or 10 years old. He said the boy "struck me as an introverted kid."

"His mom Nancy had always instructed me to keep an eye on him at all times, never turn my back or even go to the bathroom or anything like that. Which I found odd but I really didn't ask; it wasn't any of my business," said Kraft, who lives in Hermosa Beach. "But looking back at it now, I guess there was something else going on."

Despite the challenges, the trappings of Lanza's life in Newtown were comfortable. When she and then-husband Peter Lanza moved to the central Connecticut community in 1998 from southern New Hampshire, they bought a brand new 3,100-square-foot colonial set on more than two acres in the Bennett's Farm neighborhood. Nancy Lanza had previously worked as a stock broker at John Hancock in Boston and her husband was a successful executive.

When the couple divorced in 2009, he left their spacious home to Nancy Lanza and told her she would never have to work another day in her life, said Marsha Lanza of Crystal Lake, Ill., Lanza's aunt. The split-up was not acrimonious and Adam spent time with both his mother and father, she said.

Those who knew Nancy Lanza recall her as very generous, often giving money to those she met and doing volunteer work.

When a mutual friend sought a loan from an acquaintance, Jim Leff, and Leff asked for collateral, Lanza intervened.

"Nancy overheard the discussion, and, unblinkingly, told him she'd just write him a check then and there," Leff recalled on his blog in a post after Lanza's death. "While I'm far from the most generous guy in the world, it's not often that I feel stingy. But I learned something from that. I should have just written him the check. She was right."

Mark Tambascio recalled the time Lanza invited him and his brother to attend a Boston Red Sox game, buying them tickets atop the outfield wall known as the Green Monster, and refusing any talk of repayment.

There were moments when she appeared carefree. Inside My Place on Sunday, friends passed around a book of photos from a 2008 sailing trip off Newport, R.I., including one showing Lanza, her eyes gently closed and head tilted back as the sea breeze blew through her hair. "Dreamer!" read the caption.

Neighbors knew her from the monthly gathering of women who rotated between homes for games of the dice game bunko. Lanza enthused about gardening, while poking fun of the fact that few could see the result because her house was set back from the road on a low rise, partly cloaked by trees.

"She used to give me a hard time, you know, because I put out all these Christmas lights, and she said, 'I put out mine, too, but you can't even see them,'" said Rhonda Cullens, who lives one street over.

Lanza also began telling friends that she'd bought guns and had taken up target shooting, John Tambascio said.

All three of the guns that Adam Lanza carried into Sandy Hook Elementary were owned and registered by his mother — a pair of handguns and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle, his primary weapon.

Investigators said Sunday that Nancy Lanza visited shooting ranges several times and that her son also visited an area range.

Ginger Colbrun, a spokeswoman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said it's still not clear whether Nancy Lanza brought her son to the range or whether he ever fired a weapon there.

Marsha Lanza told the Chicago Sun-Times that Nancy Lanza wanted guns for protection. "She prepared for the worst," Marsha Lanza told the newspaper. "I didn't know that they (the guns) would be used on her."

Guns were her hobby," Dan Holmes, who got to know Lanza while doing landscaping work for her, told The Washington Post. "She told me she liked the single-mindedness of shooting."

But while trips to shooting ranges gave Lanza an outlet, she returned home to the ever-present challenges of raising a son with intractable problems.

At Newtown High School, Adam Lanza was often having crises that only his mother could defuse.

"He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," said Richard Novia, the school district's head of security until 2008, who got to know the family because both Lanza sons joined the school technology club he chartered.

Novia said Adam Lanza would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing," whether it was sitting in class or reading a book.

Adam Lanza "could take flight, which I think was the big issue, and it wasn't a rebellious or defiant thing," Novia said. "It was withdrawal."

The club gave the boy a place where he could be more at ease and indulge his interest in computers. His anxieties appeared to ease somewhat, but they never disappeared. When people approached him in the hallways, he would press himself against the wall or walk in a different direction, clutching tight to his black briefcase.

Marsha Lanza described Nancy Lanza as a good mother.

"If he had needed consulting, she would have gotten it," Marsha Lanza said. "Nancy wasn't one to deny reality."

But friends and neighbors said Lanza never spoke about the difficulties of raising her son. Mostly she noted how smart he was and that she hoped, even with his problems, that he'd find a way to succeed.

"We never talked about the family," John Tambascio said. "She just came in to have a great time."

___

Associated Press writer Matt Apuzzo in Southbury, Conn. and Michael Tarm in Crystal Lake, Ill. contributed to this report.

yahoo.com

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hanoman said Nancy Lanza told him she introduced guns to Adam as a way to teach him responsibility.

"Guns require a lot of respect, and she really tried to instill that responsibility within him, and he took to it. He loved being careful with them. He made it a source of pride," he said.
    Really? I mean, really? She believed that fucking nonsense?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    If you want to teach responsibility give them some chores to do around the house, pay them an allowance and make them save 10% of it and see what they do with the rest of the money. If they are stupid with it call them out.

You don't use guns to teach responsibility. You have no business having one in your hands if you haven't proven you are.

21. 3 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (12-17-2012),Angel (12-17-2012),envy_me (12-17-2012)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or get him a puppy. But maybe she thought he'd strangle it?

23. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (12-17-2012)

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    If you want to teach responsibility give them some chores to do around the house, pay them an allowance and make them save 10% of it and see what they do with the rest of the money. If they are stupid with it call them out.

You don't use guns to teach responsibility. You have no business having one in your hands if you haven't proven you are.
    Exactly. One look at that kids face and you can see that there is something seriously wrong with him. Why give him a gun?

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Or get him a puppy. But maybe she thought he'd strangle it?
    No animals to crazy people. A tamagotchi maybe.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Fuck, I wouldn't even sign the permission slip for my son to get his driver's license because he wasn't responsible.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Beyond a rating system that likely gets ignored on the retail level? No, I don't think so.
    From what I've observed at the middle school level, more often than not it's being ignored by parents buying Mature rated games for their 11, 12, 13 year olds.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    "His mom Nancy had always instructed me to keep an eye on him at all times, never turn my back or even go to the bathroom or anything like that.
    That sounds like bullshit to me...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fourthcoming View Post
    This woman was a school teacher????
    No...

And 12 guns makes you a nutball ??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    From what I've observed at the middle school level, more often than not it's being ignored by parents buying Mature rated games for their 11, 12, 13 year olds.
    That's what I was thinking...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Fuck, I wouldn't even sign the permission slip for my son to get his driver's license because he wasn't responsible.
    That means you are a good mom but being a good parent isn't easy or popular. My philosophy is I'm your dad, not your buddy. In reality, deep down, kids want discipline and they want someone who cares enough to make sure it's there. Later on in life they will thank you.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Guns weren't this woman's "hobby". She was a nutball......don't mean to speak ill of the dead but she was. She had 12 guns including handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic assult rifles. She was preparing for armeggedon which she thought was going to be the end result of the financial crisis the world is currently experiencing. Her son, the shooter was an introverted, bright, completely nuts kid who at age 16 was taking college classes. Obviously, blame this kid for doing what he did. Yes, the kid was obviously sick.....but the blame cannot in any way escape him. His mother slounded like a nutball too. Real good parenting.....you realize your child is fucked up and you stockpile your house with guns. This woman was a school teacher????
    I would say there was some delusion there. Before these shootings there are always warning signs. One kid at my daughter's high school that she said was creepy told other kids he wanted to shoot up the school. Well the kids told the school authorities and the police hauled the kid in. There is someone that usually knows there is club coo coo going on. Why there is more club coo coo can be debated.

Maybe we shouldn't close Gitmo. It would be a good place to send these kids and their parents.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Am a dad but I wanna be his buddy . Am of an age when dads couldn't be that .
    My dad never spent time with his father because he was doing his job .
    My dad was working 24/7 to keep a roof over the head .
    I was lucky I have friends who interact with their dads , made me re asses my relationship with my father.
    any way I have a cool dad .... He is a person with all that goes with that .
    Yeah am a dad who would have thought I was a person to.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you get too buddy buddy with your kids and come down to the friend level you lose your respect as a parent. It's like being a boss with employees. You can be likable and friendly but never get too friendly or you lose your authority because you have become too close. You always have to make sure you have the respect factor there and you lose it becoming a chum. That's why they say it's lonely at the top. It is.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

If you get too buddy buddy with your kids and come down to the friend level you lose your respect as a parent. It's like being a boss with employees. You can be likable and friendly but never get too friendly or you lose your authority because you have become too close. You always have to make sure you have the respect factor there and you lose it becoming a chum. That's why they say it's lonely at the top. It is.
    Yup. You have to find that balance where they can come to you to talk but still respect your authority. There's plenty of time to be friends once they are adults.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Published on Saturday, December 15, 2012 by Common Dreams
    A Culture That Condones The Killing Of Children And Teaches Children To Kill
    by Lucinda Marshall

The Sandy Hook massacre isn’t just about the need for gun control laws, it is about a culture that condones the killing of children and teaches children that killing is okay.

It is about a country addicted to violence on television and movie screens.

It is about cuts in education spending.

It is about giving the military free access to our schools where they regale our children with romanticized delusions of military righteousness.

It is about environmental and health policies that expose our children to all manner of toxins in the air, land and water.

It is about thinking we have the right to kill children with drones or by dropping toxic munitions on their countries that cause birth defects and miscarriages.

It is about saddling our children with crippling education debt and no prospect for jobs.

It is about telling boys (and men) they have to be tough and to fight and kill for what they want or think is right.

It is about a national policy that denies children basic rights and systemically teaches them that violence is okay.

And it is about a media so insensitive that it thinks it is okay to shove a microphone in the face of young victims in the name of sensationalized 24/7 cable “news” while under-reporting the root causes of this tragedy.

Sandy Hook did not happen because of a lone, disturbed young man and it is not an isolated incident. It is an epidemic and we are all to blame. And today (and tomorrow and every day after that) is the time to confront this self-inflicted tragedy.

Lucinda Marshall

Lucinda Marshall is the Founder and Director of the Feminist Peace Network, http://www.feministpeacenetwork.org. She is the author of the FPN blog as well as Reclaiming Medusa, http://www.lucindamarshall.com

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Published on Saturday, December 15, 2012 by Common Dreams
    A Culture That Condones The Killing Of Children And Teaches Children To Kill
    by Lucinda Marshall

The Sandy Hook massacre isn’t just about the need for gun control laws, it is about a culture that condones the killing of children and teaches children that killing is okay.

It is about a country addicted to violence on television and movie screens.

It is about cuts in education spending.

It is about giving the military free access to our schools where they regale our children with romanticized delusions of military righteousness.

It is about environmental and health policies that expose our children to all manner of toxins in the air, land and water.

It is about thinking we have the right to kill children with drones or by dropping toxic munitions on their countries that cause birth defects and miscarriages.

It is about saddling our children with crippling education debt and no prospect for jobs.

It is about telling boys (and men) they have to be tough and to fight and kill for what they want or think is right.

It is about a national policy that denies children basic rights and systemically teaches them that violence is okay.

And it is about a media so insensitive that it thinks it is okay to shove a microphone in the face of young victims in the name of sensationalized 24/7 cable “news” while under-reporting the root causes of this tragedy.

Sandy Hook did not happen because of a lone, disturbed young man and it is not an isolated incident. It is an epidemic and we are all to blame. And today (and tomorrow and every day after that) is the time to confront this self-inflicted tragedy.

Lucinda Marshall

Lucinda Marshall is the Founder and Director of the Feminist Peace Network, http://www.feministpeacenetwork.org. She is the author of the FPN blog as well as Reclaiming Medusa, http://www.lucindamarshall.com
    Don't forget the GMO foods our government refuses to label. Oh it's time for another youth rebellion but sadly the kids today have less balls than even the hippies had.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    If the parent bought it, then that parent obviously thinks their kid can handle it. Maybe the kid can't handle it, but that's not up to the guy running the register to decide. It's not up to you to decide, and it sure as hell ain't up to the government to decide.

If the kid goes into Gamestop and they sell the "rated M" game to the kid, with no parent/guardian around, then there's a problem.

I haven't read a whole lot about this case. Knowing all those kids died is enough for me. Most of what I have read is that the mother was a prepper who had a lot of guns. Being a prepper isn't illegal, and having a bunch of guns isn't illegal. But if she didn't have them secured properly, then yeah, there's the problem.

More gun control will not keep this from happening. There are tons of inner city (read: non-Caucasian) children killed by gunfire every year. There was at least one in Cleveland this year, a 12 year old girl caught in the crossfire of two wannabe thugs, and there's always someone who gets hit by a stray bullet shot into their home. And let's not forget the school shooting in February here, the shooter allegedly took the gun from his uncle's collection.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The problem goes way beyond gun control. Society in general is decaying.
    Bingo!!!

40. Thanked BigBadBrian for this KICKASS post:

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    To be honest, I don't think most (I said most, people) 16-year-olds are responsible enough to be driving an automobile.
    Last edited by BigBadBrian; 12-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If you get too buddy buddy with your kids and come down to the friend level you lose your respect as a parent.
    "I'm your parent, and I love you, but I'm not your friend." Something my kids hear a lot.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh Bullshit!!!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,063 Posts

Blog Entries

Lucinda Marshall
    Shenanigans. It did happen because of a lone, crazed gunman who should have had his ass kicked by both parents instead of being the spoiled little shit he truly was. Everything else Lucinda wrote is circumstantial liberal agenda horseshit.

Thread Information