Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    "I'm your parent, and I love you, but I'm not your friend." Something my kids hear a lot.
    The very thought of you reproducing yourself makes my skin crawl.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I bet they can't wait to get out of that fucking trailer...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    If the parent bought it, then that parent obviously thinks their kid can handle it. Maybe the kid can't handle it, but that's not up to the guy running the register to decide. It's not up to you to decide, and it sure as hell ain't up to the government to decide.
    Not saying I should decide, or would even want to. Just saying it's a fact and one piece of a very convoluted puzzle.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thought a truce had been announced for this thread. You guys may have broken an Israel/Palestine broken truce record on this one...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's how it goes...

People suck...

Doesn't matter if it's here or Israel or whatever...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "I'm your parent, and I love you, but I'm not your friend." Something my kids hear a lot.
    I can only hope your interaction with your children contains more depth than this statement. The dynamics of friendship can be broad and run from very shallow acquaintances to deep inner-personal relationships.

The intricacies of a healthy parent/child relationship has many elements and vary widely even between one kid to the next. We're all unique individuals as are our kids.

The core component of any functional relationship is communication and a good parent should engage on many levels... at times authoritarian when it's needed. At times discussing feelings towards events/incidents... 2-way interaction. There are perfectly good times to sit down and play together... especially at younger ages. This develops a firm foundation when parenting becomes a real challenge...

Teenagers and early adult ages is a real critical time in their development. It's also one of the most challenging to engage from a parental perspective because they are growing into their own independently thinking person. It's a real balancing act in allowing them to experience freedom, make choices, understand consequences and know when to reel them back in for their own good. If you didn't develop solid communication and trust when they were younger than you're most likely going to experience total hell when they reach 15/16. Point is you better have some element of "friendship" or at least the basic trust and communication avenues to engage them as young adults because I can guarantee you... going hard ass authoritative on them isn't going to get through to them no matter how tough you choose to be.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    The very thought of you reproducing yourself makes my skin crawl.
    STFU, skank!
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I can only hope your interaction with your children contains more depth than this statement.
    Uh...Uh...I can't even believe you typed that statement.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Reading a bit on the subject... there's been stories on the mother and the murderer. Clearly there's some red flags and concerns with her managing whatever this jackass's issues were and obviously her choices in owning and possessing numerous lethal firearms and ammo...

Not much has been reported on the father and older brother... only that they've been estranged from the murderer for a few years. Did he just bail on them and left the mother to handle whatever was going on with the murderer..?

I can understand why they are hiding in shame... but suspect they are part of explaining this mess...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Uh...Uh...I can't even believe you typed that statement.
    Well then engage in the discussion... don't just go seagull on it... fly in, crap some, make some noise and fly off...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Not much has been reported on the father and older brother... only that they've been estranged from the murderer for a few years. Did he just bail on them and left the mother to handle whatever was going on with the murderer..?

I can understand why they are hiding in shame... but suspect they are part of explaining this mess...
    Thats an interesting point...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well then engage in the discussion... don't just go seagull on it... fly in, crap some, make some noise and fly off...
    Like telling your kid you're not their friend...

That should help them sleep well at night...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "I'm your parent, and I love you, but when you grow up you'll realize I'm insane." Something my kids hear a lot.

Along with "your dad is a douche", no doubt...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Along with "your dad is a douche", no doubt...
    I didn't know your dad was a douche. That explains a lot, that and the fact that you were in-bred.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, that'd be you, Cletus.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oooh, good comeback! :sarcasm:

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "You're Goddamned right!" is something you hear back a lot.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Reading a bit on the subject... there's been stories on the mother and the murderer. Clearly there's some red flags and concerns with her managing whatever this jackass's issues were and obviously her choices in owning and possessing numerous lethal firearms and ammo...

As far as it has been reported she was a Glenn Beck-ish disciple and highly paranoid apocalyptic nutcase who felt an arsenal of semi-automatic weapons was somehow going to save her from a heard of oncoming Mayan brain eating zombies. Ironic indeed. Apparently, she was well-to-do receiving an average of $290,000 in alimony payments and lived in a mega-square foot house that was entirely paid for. Who knew how much in the way of outside social contact she had with her neighbors and community or what her true beliefs were when feeding her paranoia to her allegedly autistic son. To me, it wasn't so much about the guns but the anger her mother must have had at...somebody (the school?) that her son picked up on and believed to be his own problems as well. This is where your development comes in...who knew what was going on inside his head to take action on a school of elementary children he had no interaction with.

I think his mother programed (for lack of a better word) a lot of this paranoid hate in him. In a lot of parent/child relationships the parent isn't happy unless their child thinks like they do or is as miserable as they are. And if the rumors about this kid are true that he had trouble functioning in social situations (like many of you on here) apart from your average attention-seeking Tumblr posting goth kid, and his alleged whacky mother was he only view on the world, he was a powder keg waiting to go off.
    Last edited by Kristy; 12-18-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    "You're Goddamned right!" is something you hear back a lot.
    Except in the case of your "enemy" (that you seem to be spending a lot of time blowing each other these days) it's more of "I want to see the results of the DNA test."

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can't believe a thing that has been reported yet about this woman. Her close friends said she was not a "survivalist". Shooting
    was just a hobby and not even her main hobby. According to a "friend".
    " You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I didn't know your dad was a douche. That explains a lot, that and the fact that you were in-bred.
    Whereas your parents tried to have you outsourced. But no North Korean slave labor camp wanted your whiny complaining ass.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by private parts View Post
    You can't believe a thing that has been reported yet about this woman. Her close friends said she was not a "survivalist". Shooting
    She was a paranoid irresponsible parent.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    She left an assault weapon and unlimited ammo within the reach of her wackjob son.

That's all I need to know about the fucking bitch.

The world is a slightly better place without both of them in it. Just a fucking shame that 20 kids had to pay the price for it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    She left an assault weapon and unlimited ammo within the reach of her wackjob son.

The world is a slightly better place without both of them in it. Just a fucking shame that 20 kids had to pay the price for it.
    THIS. It's really hard to feel sorry for that woman. Her stupidity is more than partially to blame here.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shenanigans. It did happen because of a lone, crazed gunman who should have had his ass kicked by both parents instead of being the spoiled little shit he truly was. Everything else Lucinda wrote is circumstantial liberal agenda horseshit.
    One of the things I noted was her significant alimony.
    That could subconsciously or consciously be a motivating factor in the dysfunction of this family

I read an excellent article on a similar dynamic. I did a brief search for it, but I do not have time to locate it.
    They bones of the article stated that one member of the family was the the target. And that the rest of the family would revolve around this person's created or exacerbated, perceived or real, faults or illness.

I pulled some linkage from the wikipedia.

They are lacking the in-depth dynamic that the article went into, but give some concept of a beginning point to the research that went along with the article.

Lack of empathy, understanding, and sensitivity towards certain family members, while expressing extreme empathy towards one or more members (or even pets) who have real or perceived "special needs". In other words, one family member continuously receives far more than he or she deserves, while another is marginalized.

Identified patient, or "IP", is a term used in a clinical setting to describe the person in a dysfunctional family who has been subconsciously selected to act out the family's inner conflicts as a diversion; who is the split-off carrier of the (perhaps transgenerational) family disturbance.[1]

Identified patient (one child, usually selected by the mother, who is forced into going to therapy while the family's overall dysfunction is kept hidden)

Münchausen syndrome by proxy (a much more extreme situation than above, where the child is intentionally made ill by a parent seeking attention from physicians and other professionals)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysfunctional_family
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identified_patient
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitti...#Relationships
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    She had way too much time on her hands...

And I'll add that she lived in a Lilllie-white suburban community made of of NYC finance expatriates with probably a nil crime rate and still felt the need to turn her house into the local National Guard armory...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hard to make any reasonable judgement on the mother... the news articles siting friends/bartenders/neighbors appear to paint her as a decent, friendly person socially but very guarded regarding raising her murderer son. Sounds like she hung at the bar regularly, played dice games with the neighbors and ignored her murderer, didn't have his psychological issues evaluated/treated but gave him plenty of guns and ammo to fill his time...

Clearly not a definitive picture and she was a victim to an extent... but doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hard to make any reasonable judgement on the mother... the news articles siting friends/bartenders/neighbors appear to paint her as a decent, friendly person socially but very guarded regarding raising her murderer son. Sounds like she hung at the bar regularly, played dice games with the neighbors and ignored her murderer, didn't have his psychological issues evaluated/treated but gave him plenty of guns and ammo to fill his time.
    Reminds me of that tune by Kate Bush:

She knows that Ive been doing something wrong,
    But she wont say anything. She thinks that I was with my friends yesterday,
    But she wont mind me lying, Because

Mother stands for comfort. Mother will hide the murderer

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

Ok. Now your just making stuff up like the media. We don't know HOW he got the weapons yet.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    'eres one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's a story breaking where the Discovery Channel just told Ted Nugent to go and fuck himself and that he will not be back in "any form or fashion."

Now if only LardMachine can get a coronary this would be a wonderful Christmas.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, as long as we're throwing out blame, here's one that hasn't been brought up yet...

The corporate insurance industry.

Why?

Because if we had single payer health care, like all those other countries that don't have these kind of random mass murders (or have them very seldom) then mental health would be covered along with everything else.

And that needs to be as much a part of this "national conversation" as the gun madness does. And for that matter, so does the question of whether a lot of these pharmaceutical chemicals actually solve problems, or make them worse.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As far as it has been reported she was a Glenn Beck-ish disciple and highly paranoid apocalyptic nutcase who felt an arsenal of semi-automatic weapons was somehow going to save her from a heard of oncoming Mayan brain eating zombies. Ironic indeed. Apparently, she was well-to-do receiving an average of $290,000 in alimony payments and lived in a mega-square foot house that was entirely paid for. Who knew how much in the way of outside social contact she had with her neighbors and community or what her true beliefs were when feeding her paranoia to her allegedly autistic son. To me, it wasn't so much about the guns but the anger her mother must have had at...somebody (the school?) that her son picked up on and believed to be his own problems as well. This is where your development comes in...who knew what was going on inside his head to take action on a school of elementary children he had no interaction with.

I think his mother programed (for lack of a better word) a lot of this paranoid hate in him. In a lot of parent/child relationships the parent isn't happy unless their child thinks like they do or is as miserable as they are. And if the rumors about this kid are true that he had trouble functioning in social situations (like many of you on here) apart from your average attention-seeking Tumblr posting goth kid, and his alleged whacky mother was he only view on the world, he was a powder keg waiting to go off.
    I think you're fucking whacked in the head...

It's a good thing you're not a psychologist...

You have zero natural talent...

Of course, you're looking at the world through medicated glasses...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post

Of course, you're looking at the world through medicated glasses...

If that were true, it beats looking at the world through racist ones. Now go back to hanging your rusted engine block from your tree and be sure to pick up all your lawn darts.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've been looking for a set of real Jarts...

You know, the dangerous ones ??

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's a story breaking where the Discovery Channel just told Ted Nugent to go and fuck himself and that he will not be back in "any form or fashion."
    And with good reason, as the pilot episode of his show was just about the dullest piece of crap the channel has come up with yet. What's sort of disingenuous is that Discovery has all of these "Hey yall, let's blow up or shoot this" kinds of shows, but suddenly it announces it's getting rid of Nugent, along with the equally dismal and scarcely watched American Guns show, while not mentioning the fact that arguably it's highest rated show (next to Mythbusters) Sons Of Guns, which pretty much follows the same premise of a family that builds weapons, has been renewed.

As usual, moral turpitude gets outranked by the ratings, every time.

LINK: Discovery Channel kicks Ted Nugent to the curb
    Last edited by chefcraig; 12-18-2012 at 02:57 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The only thing you ever wait for is the McDonald's employee to turn their head away long enough for you to steal the napkins for those times you run out of toilet paper.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Used to have those, but I think they got lost in the garage sale that my parents had right before they sold the old house. Should have grabbed them....probably could have made a small fortune on ebay

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    And with good reason, as the pilot episode of his show was just about the dullest piece of crap the channel has come up with yet.
    More so than the American Chopper Build Off? I've never seen Ted's dismal show but knowing it was produced by the 'tards at the Discovery Channel who are into showing all sorts of shit being blown up or burned down and daring to call it "educational" doesn't surprise me in the least. Since when does that shitty network have standards?

Thread Information