Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    I like the way Sesh and others try to make God real
    in what universe did Sesh ever try to make God real?

while everybody argues on proving intangibles, I'm just going to acknowledge that at least Elvis is quoting Mike Adams instead of the other guy, which is a step in a positive direction, although I only know of the guy as a health advocate not someone who comments on media.
    The bit about antidepressants as a common denominator is accurate, as well as the assessment that they were probably toast in the mental department to begin with. Big pharma stuff will never be addressed in the mainstream media.

There are a lot of gung ho God people who are completely off their rocker and there are some that use what's offered in a way that makes them better people. The only thing that compares it to prejudice is that both are generalizations in different contexts.
    Sorry this thread turned into every other one.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I will say some of the guns you can buy in this day in age are fucking way over the top. And really have no point to them. They are NOT hunting guns. Or for protection.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post

while everybody argues on proving intangibles, I'm just going to acknowledge that at least Elvis is quoting Mike Adams instead of the other guy, which is a step in a positive direction, although I only know of the guy as a health advocate not someone who comments on media.
    The bit about antidepressants as a common denominator is accurate, as well as the assessment that they were probably toast in the mental department to begin with. Big pharma stuff will never be addressed in the mainstream media.

There are a lot of gung ho God people who are completely off their rocker and there are some that use what's offered in a way that makes them better people. The only thing that compares it to prejudice is that both are generalizations in different contexts.

Out of thanks, but thanks...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    OK, he's back. Thought your account had gotten hacked earlier, one of your posts actually made sense and was seemingly agenda-free...
    Some of us have other things to do than remain here 24/7. Your a shit hot guitarist with real feel and finesse. You should be playing on the beach here on weekends drinking tequila and rum shots.

That being said....
    I'll protect myself from the beach trash here that would stick a guy for 17 bucks to get their tweak for the night.

And leaving innocent children to be hunted without protection is reprehensible.
    Last edited by jacksmar; 12-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nadler is a cunt.

Nadler voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime.

Nadler is a cunt.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrian View Post
    tough titty! I'm posting bible verses next. You heathens had best close your eyes.

“for god so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." john 3:16
    king james was so much cooler...
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Gun shows are required to abide by Federal laws.
    Now if only the people who them them did.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post

In exactly the same way bible thumpers and christians and muslims and buddists and others etc... humans, make him real.

Just like non-believers make him or the idea of, real.

By assuming it is something tangible to be discussed.

Define me...lable me...blame me...the arrogance of everyone ....That, is the deffinition of what is wrong.

Someday, I want to see a post here by anyone who has some idea of what reasons people assume they are so smart and sure they know it all.

I am quite sure all people everywhere cry into the same dream every night...then wake to believe only what they have been given, to you that today, you think you own it.

.........and that is what gets us by...... but this talk, all your silly shit, that we are all different and some ask for wisdom others say they have enough, all you want.............................. I know better.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 12-15-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    78/84 ..I will say some of the guns you can buy in this day in age are fucking way over the top. And really have no point to them. They are NOT hunting guns. Or for protection.

This thread/post reminds me of people who are doomsday preppers....like they don't understand the meaning of the words....I can't help but laugh.

Like when all the nukes hit or the asteroid hits we are suddenly going to forget 100,000 years of existence and all wake ip with cromagnon backs and the innability to make flint pud pounding tools.

About two days after all this armageddon happends I am sure everyone will pop there head up and say ...do you hear that I think it's the cable guy I wonder if the Tulane game is on...

There are alot of confused people on this planet and they lack guidence from adults and the unity of family all undemined by free thinkers and the left.

You know the ones who have all the answers.

By dissmantling the family and elevating idiots to places of authority, politics and the media, loud mother fuckers with a bone to pick and nothing trully interesting to say, all over the place lacking any true direction, we are destroying a childs ability to learn ideals that will guide them thru life in times of trials and tribulation.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 12-15-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I'll get over it....

Perhaps you should look in the mirror and reconsider why a fairy tale controls your life....
    Why do you think it does...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Define "gun culture." What is it? What does it entail? Who is a member of this "culture?" We keep hearing of this "gun culture" both here and on the media, but a term like that can mean so many things to so many people. Enlighten us!
    Gun culture is a perverse, fetishistic love of guns based on paranoia, machismo, racism, and Hollywood. It is a culture where any problem and/or bitch you have with someone else that doesn't agree you is solved by the use of a bullet. Gun culture desensitizes (yes, desensitizes) the actual killing of another human being without conscious. Gun culture is largely an American invention that makes violence sexy, symbolic and stupid. Gun culture deludes people - especially rednecks and the uneducated types like yourself to feel "big" when you penis is small and is underlying problem why you need a semi-automatic weapon to fuel you unfounded suspicions that the government/Obama is somehow going to turn you into a liberal zombie overnight. Gun culture is a disease/social cancer that brutally kills innocents everyday. Gun culture is a coward that hides and distorts the very Amendment that allows it.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    Some of us have other things to do than remain here 24/7. Your a shit hot guitarist with real feel and finesse. You should be playing on the beach here on weekends drinking tequila and rum shots.

That being said....
    I'll protect myself from the beach trash here that would stick a guy for 17 bucks to get their tweak for the night.

And leaving innocent children to be hunted without protection is reprehensible.

No one's saying you shouldn't be able to protect yourself. But do you need an assault rifle to protect yourself from the average crackhead? Totally agree schools should be the safest possible place one could entrust the care of their child in 8 hours a day or whatever, so I have no problem with armed security at schools.

And thanks... I think....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    God damn did this thread completely go off the rails when the mental cases showed up........
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's bitch culture ??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But do you need an assault rifle to protect yourself from the average crackhead?
    That depends on what neighborhood you're in...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Gun culture is a perverse, fetishistic love of guns based on paranoia, machismo, racism, and Hollywood. It is a culture where any problem and/or bitch you have with someone else that doesn't agree you is solved by the use of a bullet. Gun culture desensitizes (yes, desensitizes) the actual killing of another human being without conscious. Gun culture is largely an American invention that makes violence sexy, symbolic and stupid. Gun culture deludes people - especially rednecks and the uneducated types like yourself to feel "big" when you penis is small and is underlying problem why you need a semi-automatic weapon to fuel you unfounded suspicions that the government/Obama is somehow going to turn you into a liberal zombie overnight. Gun culture is a disease/social cancer that brutally kills innocents everyday. Gun culture is a coward that hides and distorts the very Amendment that allows it.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

As criminologist and constitutional lawyer Don B. Kates, Jr. and former HCI contributor Dr. Patricia Harris have pointed out, "[s]tudies consistently show that, on the average, gun owners are better educated and have more prestigious jobs than non-owners.... Later studies show that gun owners are less likely than non-owners to approve of police brutality, violence against dissenters, etc."

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know I like you most of all Kristy but Gun Culture is a buzzword created by people who want media attention, Costas knew when he said that on the air he wouldn't have to send out any resume's for the next 4 years.

It doesn't exist.

It is a smoke screen to blind people to the facts.

It is a offensive weapon leveled at fools so they will coral the wagons and stop asking for answers.

So. people won't accept blame for thier actions.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gun control is a moral crusade against a benighted, barbaric citizenry. This is demonstrated not only by the ineffectualness of gun control in preventing crime, and by the fact that it focuses on restricting the behavior of the law-abiding rather than apprehending and punishing the guilty, but also by the execration that gun control proponents heap on gun owners and their evil instrumentality, the NRA.

Gun owners are routinely portrayed as uneducated, paranoid rednecks fascinated by and prone to violence, i.e., exactly the type of person who opposes the liberal agenda and whose moral and social "re-education" is the object of liberal social policies.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As criminologist and constitutional lawyer Don B. Kates, Jr. and former HCI contributor Dr. Patricia Harris have pointed out, "[s]tudies consistently show that, on the average, gun owners are better educated and have more prestigious jobs than non-owners.... Later studies show that gun owners are less likely than non-owners to approve of police brutality, violence against dissenters, etc."
    Shenanigans.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shenanigans.
    The private ownership of firearms is a rebuke to this utopian zeal. To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

It is to reserve final judgment about whether the state is encroaching on freedom and liberty, to stand ready to defend that freedom with more than mere words, and to stand outside the state's totalitarian reach.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is frivolous to debate God in this context. Everything is God’s, including this horrific event. We cannot judge what is fair. Is it fair to let the black hole that will eat humanity starve? We do not know whom this suffering will save. Moreover, it is not in our right to know.

It is ludicrous to see certain sorts here suddenly proclaim the worth of dutiful, virtuous, moral, and noble behaviors when in fact; they promote such impious, ungodly, sacrilegious, profane, and ignoble behaviors.

Perhaps it is not the gun culture, though derelict in duty that culture is.

Perhaps, it is the war culture permeates almost every aspect of the culture, along with the glorification of debauched behaviors, with which certain media sorts poison humanity’s collective brain.
    Last edited by Blaze; 12-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bottom line here is this.....

A gun nut refused to lock her god damn weapons up in a safe, and her batshit wackjob son was able to get those weapons and kill her with them.

Had the story ended there, it would have been somewhat tragic, but more or less merely a lesson for the rest of us that NRA myths about more guns being the answer are complete bullshit.

But it didn't end there, did it?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gun control is a moral crusade against a benighted, barbaric citizenry. This is demonstrated not only by the ineffectualness of gun control in preventing crime, and by the fact that it focuses on restricting the behavior of the law-abiding rather than apprehending and punishing the guilty, but also by the execration that gun control proponents heap on gun owners and their evil instrumentality, the NRA.
    The NRA has too much political power and with all power, it's corrupted. It's way past time to kick out this paranoid lobbyists cocksuckers.

Gun owners are routinely portrayed as uneducated, paranoid rednecks fascinated by and prone to violence, i.e., exactly the type of person who opposes the liberal agenda and whose moral and social "re-education" is the object of liberal social policies.
    That's because in all reality they are. Just what is the death rate among rednecks with guns? I bet it's much higher than any Harvard grad with one.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The private ownership of firearms is a rebuke to this utopian zeal. To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

It is to reserve final judgment about whether the state is encroaching on freedom and liberty, to stand ready to defend that freedom with more than mere words, and to stand outside the state's totalitarian reach.
    Shenanigans part II. That is a weak and outdated NRA argument. If that were really true the government would hand out every citizen a musket to protect them from the very hand that gave it. There is no freedom in this country.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's the thing that's killing me here, Twitter, FB... it's a fucking tragedy, and all you see is "we need more guns/god" bullshit. I don't even have kids and it's sickening. I feel terrible for those kids, and their parents.

Our collective reactions in this thread are normal. This event was beyond tragic and is incomprehensible when we actually start thinking of the young children & their last moments, the policemen that had to find them, the parents planning funerals for christmas. We want....no, we NEED to place blame on something or someone. Too many guns, not enough guns, not enough God, mental illnesses, pharmaceuticals, violence in the culture, not enough security, more laws, etc...

We are all heartbroken and having something to blame helps our minds process the unthinkable & make sense of something that otherwise can not be made sense of.

There will always be evil. Everything else we do just allows us to feel like we have some control over it.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The NRA has too much political power and with all power, it's corrupted. It's way past time to kick out this paranoid lobbyists cocksuckers.

That's because in all reality they are. Just what is the death rate among rednecks with guns? I bet it's much higher than any Harvard grad with one.

Like the ACLU?

"Rape is one of our most common crimes, but a number of studies from the 1995 to 2004 period agree that armed women and girls stop 450 rapes a day, 165,000 rapes a year, usually without firing a shot. Since 2004 the number of women carrying a concealed weapon has multiplied, so it would not surprise me at all if the 2012 numbers were twice those of 2005."

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FORD, I don't usually address you because 90% of your posts are clear not my ideas but clear...but saying the NRA has anything to do with guns and escallating violence is like saying there is no recipe for gun powder on the internet and a piece of galvanized pipe in the basement and how the two can't possibly, easily come together.

The ideas in this thread that the cat isn't out of the bag and that the rabbit hole isn't very deep..etc...reek of utopian confusion ......,way from reality.

The NRA inmop is the shoulders we all place our yoke upon to control guns and they do.

There are however many fools who think the NRA is a badge of honor and not a organization of control.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 12-15-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The NRA are terrorist jack booted thugs.

No, that's not a name I gave them. It's what Poppy Bush called them when he turned in his membership card.

And that was 20 years ago. They are far more extreme now than they were then.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Good point...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Guns are not a substitute for shitty debate skills. The only way anyone needs an assault rifle to hunt deer is if the fucking deer are shooting back.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Like the ACLU?

"Rape is one of our most common crimes, but a number of studies from the 1995 to 2004 period agree that armed women and girls stop 450 rapes a day, 165,000 rapes a year, usually without firing a shot. Since 2004 the number of women carrying a concealed weapon has multiplied, so it would not surprise me at all if the 2012 numbers were twice those of 2005."
    Another weak argument. Look at the numbers of women who were raped knew their attacker and not only that, the behavior of their attacker which was violent and unpredictable and where restraining orders and the police failed to protect them. To have them carry a concealed weapon was a last resort when in fear for their life, not the initial act of rape itself. That is another distorted bias by the NRA. No gun will ever prevent rape from happening just like any redneck carrying a concealed 9mm is going to stop the likes of this school shooting ever happening again. There are already too many concealed weapons out there and di one of them stop the brutal and unspeakable killing of 25 (or so) children?

All the NRA is doing is manufacturing more violence to justify their warped paranoia. I myself own a gun (a Taurus 9mm) and oh yes, it's sexy but I never bought on the ridiculousness that the NRA says I should.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Blaze that is a comedy routine written by Skats Henderson back in 1888 just rewritten for your today brain.

Perhaps you can post it in another 59 years with the outline that we cant stop the robots that drive the space ships with smart bombs and tanks .......

You and Hale with your posters written by who...... why why whyyyyyyyy

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And now we have another one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2307505.html

I guess a orderly packing heat would have prevented this, too?

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thome, you have no reason to speak to me or about me. Please quit bringing my name up. I purposely avoided responding to your first mention of me where you misspelled my name in case I had alert running (I do not). I do not wish to correspond with you in private or public. Thank you. Good Day.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    In exactly the same way bible thumpers and christians and muslims and buddists and others etc... humans, make him real.

Just like non-believers make him or the idea of, real.

By assuming it is something tangible to be discussed.

Define me...lable me...blame me...the arrogance of everyone ....That, is the deffinition of what is wrong.

Someday, I want to see a post here by anyone who has some idea of what reasons people assume they are so smart and sure they know it all.

I am quite sure all people everywhere cry into the same dream every night...then wake to believe only what they have been given, to you that today, you think you own it.

.........and that is what gets us by...... but this talk, all your silly shit, that we are all different and some ask for wisdom others say they have enough, all you want.............................. I know better.
    thank you for clarafying. that was all I asked.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And now we have another one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2307505.html

I guess a orderly packing heat would have prevented this, too?
    You to play this?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012...gunpoint.html/

Don't pick and choose. And get a 41 mag..

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Bottom line here is this.....

A gun nut refused to lock her god damn weapons up in a safe, and her batshit wackjob son was able to get those weapons and kill her with them.

Had the story ended there, it would have been somewhat tragic, but more or less merely a lesson for the rest of us that NRA myths about more guns being the answer are complete bullshit.

But it didn't end there, did it?
    Gun safes are great. Not only can you lock your guns up you can put your important paperwork in them and other things. You can get a pretty damn nice safe for a reasonable price. Most are MADE IN THE USA. I know someone who's house did burn down and everything in his gun safe made it through fine.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The NRA are terrorist jack booted thugs.

No, that's not a name I gave them. It's what Poppy Bush called them when he turned in his membership card.

And that was 20 years ago. They are far more extreme now than they were then.
    It's also why people started other gun clubs. People felt like the dues were too high. The NRA sells your name to make money and sends you shit in the mail you didn't want and sends you a bill for it. It used to be a really good professional organization that focused on target shooting, gun safety, hunter safety and that sort of thing. What happened is it was taken over by extremists over the years.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Words from a gun owner from the midwest....

Thread Information