• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToraToraTora
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Larry Pratt

A gunman whose name we do not need to memorialize took advantage of our gun control laws to slaughter some 20 children and seven adults in a Newton, Connecticut elementary school.

In addition to the gunman, blood is on the hands of members of Congress and the Connecticut legislators who voted to ban guns from all schools in Connecticut (and most other states). They are the ones who made it illegal to defend oneself with a gun in a school when that is the only effective way of resisting a gunman.

What a lethal, false security are the Gun Free Zone laws. All of our mass murders in the last 20 years have occurred in Gun Free Zones. The two people murdered a couple of days earlier in the shopping center in Oregon were also in a Gun Free Zone.

Hopefully the Connecticut tragedy will be the tipping point after which a rising chorus of Americans will demand elimination of the Gun Free Zone laws that are in fact Criminal Safe Zones.

One measure of insanity is repeating the same failure time after time hoping that the next time the failure will turn out to be a success. Gun Free Zones are a lethal insanity.

We must tell our elected officials that they are acting as the criminals’ friends as long as they continue to support legislation that only protects criminals, not decent people.

Oh, and we must also insist that these criminal friendly elected officials not even try to blame gun owners and our “gun culture” for what a criminal did. Had a few of us been available with guns at the Newton school, most of the victims might still be alive.

Didn't the 1st murder occur in a house full of fucking guns???? didn't help Mother did it? That wasn't a gun free zone.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2010

Sorry guys, America's gun laws are something i know nothing about, so i'll shut up now.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

The dead mother is maybe an accomplice by circumstance...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Don't bring that fucking moron into this thread.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ToraToraTora
              Didn't the 1st murder occur in a house full of fucking guns???? didn't help Mother did it? That wasn't a gun free zone.
              If Mom hadn't had those guns in the house to begin with...that's all I'm going to say....
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

In all honesty, if we're discussing arming elementary schools, and don't see the bigger issue here...

...and I'm not trying to get into it here...with anyone...I hear the viewpoints...and get them all...

Here's what I can tell you. I guarantee you that I own more guns than most people on this forum. I have two kids who have used them, and I can safely tell you that my kids will NEVER use them inappropriately because of the culture my whole family has in place.

But...in an insane world...there are families that have similar weapons in their house, and deal with it differently....and in an unhealthy way...

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but it does.

As per arming teachers...I just have nothing for it...for several reasons...

Proceed to discuss...and I suppose there really is something to take from all of this...and all of the ideas here...

But at the end of the day, if the fix is to continue to arm more...then our society will ultimately fail.

...and that has nothing and everything to do with how we HANDLE guns...

Because teaching the respect that u need to handle any weapon just isn't there. Seriously...go sit in an elementary school sometime and really watch the kids...and you'll get my point...

Have a good one gents...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Fuck off, whore...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    But at the end of the day, if the fix is to continue to arm more...then our society will ultimately fail.
                    Personally, I think the opposite is true...

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

And so the racist trailer trash Elvis shows his true colors once again.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        And so the racist trailer trash Elvis shows his true colors once again.
                        You're not a whore ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Personally, I think the opposite is true...
                          Yeah, because a return to Deadwood clearly ensures a safe, healthy, long and prosperous life for one and all. Arming everyone to the teeth is not the answer.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

But passing more legislation will fix it, right ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm of the opinion that something rather than nothing must be done. I'm not anti gun, but arming everyone everywhere only ensures a big step backwards in time will occur. Every dispute will end in someone being the quicker draw. That's insanity.

Did you ever see the movie the Incredibles? There's a great scene where the villain, Syndrome, who's powers are artificial (basically he's armed to the teeth with inventive weaponry) tells a shackled Mr. Incredible that he's going to sell all of his inventions to everybody so that everyone can be super. He closes with this truthful line, "and when everybody's super... no one will be."

You can't shun the concept of atleast entertaining the notion of how passing legislation may do something rather than nothing. What's the harm in a conversation being had?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                I'm of the opinion that something rather than nothing must be done. I'm not anti gun, but arming everyone everywhere only ensures a big step backwards in time will occur. Every dispute will end in someone being the quicker draw. That's insanity.

Did you ever see the movie the Incredibles? There's a great scene where the villain, Syndrome, who's powers are artificial (basically he's armed to the teeth with inventive weaponry) tells a shackled Mr. Incredible that he's going to sell all of his inventions to everybody so that everyone can be super. He closes with this truthful line, "and when everybody's super... no one will be."

You can't shun the concept of atleast entertaining the notion of how passing legislation may do something rather than nothing. What's the harm in a conversation being had?
                                brilliant post...

but the harm is the lunatic fringe...

they don't want ANY conversation...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...