Thread: The Gun Control Thread

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Local gun shop owner posted this on his blog today. He always refers to the president as "Obuma." I will also leave the typos in, this guy used to be a teacher.
    Where did you get this from?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Dude, I'm pretty sure it was on an episode of Law & Order, so it must be true. Then again, I drink a great deal, so it might have actually cropped up in a Matlock rerun.

I'm thinking it might have been The Fall Guy episode where that Oscar Goldman actor makes a guest appearance with that ex-Steve Austen guy. It all runs together with the gas and isopropyl fumes in my apartment...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Where did you get this from?
    http://www.burtonblog.com/
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I'm thinking it might have been The Fall Guy episode where that Oscar Goldman actor makes a guest appearance with that ex-Steve Austen guy. It all runs together with the gas and isopropyl fumes in my apartment...
    That was an odd-as-all-shit type of show. They'd steal entire sections of movies and splice them into made-up scenes to fill time and constitute a plot. The most blatant example was when they lifted about 85% of the action scenes from Race With The Devil and added them into some nutso RV chase.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was an odd-as-all-shit type of show. They'd steal entire sections of movies and splice them into made-up scenes to fill time and constitute a plot. The most blatant example was when they lifted about 85% of the action scenes from Race With The Devil and added them into some nutso RV chase.
    Yes, but back in the day all the Heather Thomas bikini shots made you forget all about the "plot".

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Yes, but back in the day all the Heather Thomas bikini shots made you forget all about the "plot".
    There was a plot??
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    There was a plot??
    I guess whatever set up each week's premise of why Colt was jumping off a building/from a plane/moving vehicle etc. counted as that, right? I just realized though I watched that show religiously, I can't recall what a single episode was about... I remember he was a bounty hunter (like "Dog" without the combover mullet and racial epithets), but it was all about Heather Thomas...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At the time she was a honey
    fuck your fucking framing

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    She's not horrendous looking these days, either...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They had plots?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't be dissin' The Fall Guy!!

Hulu has the entire first season. Or you can get it on DVD - but just the first season. Not that I would know anything about that
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've read Feinstein's proposed bill... somewhat a start in eliminating high capacity capabilities. I don't agree with all the grandfathering... this barely qualifies as a band-aid.

I don't think this goes far enough...

I have no delusions that restrictions will prevent much of anything. But I also don't think that we can allow the proliferation of high capacity weapons, armor piercing ammo, etc that only have one intended use and it ain't hunting or target practice.

Were we discussing gun control here or gun enthusiasm?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I've read Feinstein's proposed bill... somewhat a start in eliminating high capacity capabilities. I don't agree with all the grandfathering... this barely qualifies as a band-aid.

I don't think this goes far enough...

I have no delusions that restrictions will prevent much of anything. But I also don't think that we can allow the proliferation of high capacity weapons, armor piercing ammo, etc that only have one intended use and it ain't hunting or target practice.

Were we discussing gun control here or gun enthusiasm?
    The bigger picture is we have a social meltdown in this country. It's been going on for decades about parallel with the economic breakdown. We have a bunch of criminals on both sides of the isle that really don't care about anything but more power for themselves and they are owned by the banks. Banks that got busted for money laundering for drug cartels. The same drug cartels our own government got caught supplying weapons to.

People need to get past this whole Democrat and Republican thing. They both are corrupt and could care less about you. They just play one side off the other trying to use that to leverage more power for themselves.

The system is corrupt folks. Nobody has any solutions and it's going to run it's course and the shit is going to hit the fan. People are too screwed up as a whole to fix anything. In their homes. In their communities. In the government. Oh there will be pockets of good people but there is something wrong in the big picture and it's past the point of any kind of laws fixing. All the government does is makes thing worse because it's ran by corrupt people who only care about stealing more for themselves and their buddies in the banks and corporations.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I'm sorry but this might one of your more idiotic posts filled with masturbatory conjecture bullshit misinformation masked as some sort of knowledge. Our gov't isn't supplying Mexican drug lords with assault rifles, our fucking gun stores are where they are legally purchased by fronts on behalf of Mexican cartels, then they're smuggled down there. And where is the evidence the Chinese or Russians would sell them guns? That's sort of retarded actually. The Colombian Communist-Narcoterrorist guerrilla group FARC might get firemarms from arms dealers, but never the Russian or Chinese gov't. The level of violence in Mexico would be far lower and the gov't more effective without the relative ease of access of American sourced firearms...
    We gave them guns through Fast and Furious and what was the object of that operation? To make it look like the guns coming into Mexico from legitimate gun dealers in the US was a bigger problem than it really is. Plus, the drug cartels have fully automatic weapons. Ask anyone who lives on the Arizona/Mexico border and they will tell you that. Sorry. Those aren't coming from legitimate gun stores in the US. Also the black market weapons industry worldwide is huge. Like I said, the Chinese have been caught smuggling them in here in shipping containers. The Chinese own the shipping containers, ships and own or lease the ports. The make lots of weapons and ship them all over. So do the Russians. Some of the larges banks launder drug money and the government does nothing to them because they own the politicians.

Naw. The world economy runs on drugs and weapons more than people thing. Both are huge businesses and make a ton of underground money. The only problem is they have to get all that cash into the banking system. Enter HSBC. Now you know why so many HSBC branches are in Mexico.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wasn't The Fall Guy a tv version of Burt Reynold's Hooper movie? Whatever, to this very day, I want to meet and marry (or at least spend a few memorable hours with) a girl just like Sally Field in that red t shirt and super tight shorts (see below photo). Yeah, like that's gonna fucking happen.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sally Field was SO hot in those Reynolds films...Hooper and "The End".

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mmmmm Sally fields in tight shorts . There's a thought.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Movie previews really sucked back in those days

I watched a kinda recent interview with Burt at a film festival. Getting old sucks.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The bigger picture is we have a social meltdown in this country. It's been going on for decades about parallel with the economic breakdown. We have a bunch of criminals on both sides of the isle that really don't care about anything but more power for themselves and they are owned by the banks. Banks that got busted for money laundering for drug cartels. The same drug cartels our own government got caught supplying weapons to.

People need to get past this whole Democrat and Republican thing. They both are corrupt and could care less about you. They just play one side off the other trying to use that to leverage more power for themselves.

The system is corrupt folks. Nobody has any solutions and it's going to run it's course and the shit is going to hit the fan. People are too screwed up as a whole to fix anything. In their homes. In their communities. In the government. Oh there will be pockets of good people but there is something wrong in the big picture and it's past the point of any kind of laws fixing. All the government does is makes thing worse because it's ran by corrupt people who only care about stealing more for themselves and their buddies in the banks and corporations.
    I get that the whole society and financial infrastructure is messed up... lots of things need fixing. My point is continuing to allow people to arm and stock-pile heavy weapons isn't going solve anything. It is somewhat disturbing looking at the run people have made on gun dealers this week. Oh great more options in the hands of people that most likely won't manage their new found armory responsibly.

But back to the issue... gun control and the 2nd amendment. It was intended to allow citizens to arm themselves against tyranny of governments. That made sense from a 1700's perspective. It's the 21st century... no group of intelligent, thoughtful people are going to arm themselves and go forcibly make a run on Washington or any state capitol and forcibly remove any element of our government. It's not reasonably feasible... nor even remotely necessary. Forget anyone invading our borders... we already have more than enough illegals in-house to constitute the largest foreign occupation in history... but they are mostly interested in a meal and a slice of the pie... not ruling anything.

So my point is... the basis for the 2nd amendment has little applicable use in our society today. I agree wholeheartedly that our social meltdown is well on it's way. Now the bigger question is... Do we really want to continue arming a socially unstable populous at it's current rate with the ability to have very high kill rate weapons?

I really don't want to be around when that tipping point shifts to widespread civil unrest...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Movie previews really sucked back in those days

I watched a kinda recent interview with Burt at a film festival. Getting old sucks.
    Don't you have a movie thread in Non you can go cuddle up with ChefCraig, jhale and vandeleur and share popcorn..?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't you have a movie thread in Non you can go cuddle up with ChefCraig, jhale and vandeleur and share popcorn..?
    don't forget the gadfly
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What?? I thought you were bringing the popcorn?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I get that the whole society and financial infrastructure is messed up... lots of things need fixing. My point is continuing to allow people to arm and stock-pile heavy weapons isn't going solve anything. It is somewhat disturbing looking at the run people have made on gun dealers this week. Oh great more options in the hands of people that most likely won't manage their new found armory responsibly.

But back to the issue... gun control and the 2nd amendment. It was intended to allow citizens to arm themselves against tyranny of governments. That made sense from a 1700's perspective. It's the 21st century... no group of intelligent, thoughtful people are going to arm themselves and go forcibly make a run on Washington or any state capitol and forcibly remove any element of our government. It's not reasonably feasible... nor even remotely necessary. Forget anyone invading our borders... we already have more than enough illegals in-house to constitute the largest foreign occupation in history... but they are mostly interested in a meal and a slice of the pie... not ruling anything.

So my point is... the basis for the 2nd amendment has little applicable use in our society today. I agree wholeheartedly that our social meltdown is well on it's way. Now the bigger question is... Do we really want to continue arming a socially unstable populous at it's current rate with the ability to have very high kill rate weapons?

I really don't want to be around when that tipping point shifts to widespread civil unrest...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    We gave them guns through Fast and Furious and what was the object of that operation?
    Who's "we?" A few ATF Agents mismanaged a sting and trace operation. The were tracing how the guns got into Mexico and they lost track. There's a whole big thread here that VA posted a while ago, you obviously didn't read it because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about..

To make it look like the guns coming into Mexico from legitimate gun dealers in the US was a bigger problem than it really is.
    If you believe that, you're completely retarded. That's like saying the the Japanese didn't put out some fires in pic's to make Hiroshima look worse than it is...

Plus, the drug cartels have fully automatic weapons. Ask anyone who lives on the Arizona/Mexico border and they will tell you that. Sorry. Those aren't coming from legitimate gun stores in the US.
    So basically you're lying when you said you "used to work on AR's" because it's pretty clear you're clueless as a competent gunsmith can pretty easily convert semi-autos to selective fire automatic weapons. Especially with lots of money...

Also the black market weapons industry worldwide is huge. Like I said, the Chinese have been caught smuggling them in here in shipping containers. The Chinese own the shipping containers, ships and own or lease the ports. The make lots of weapons and ship them all over. So do the Russians. Some of the larges banks launder drug money and the government does nothing to them because they own the politicians. Naw. The world economy runs on drugs and weapons more than people thing. Both are huge businesses and make a ton of underground money. The only problem is they have to get all that cash into the banking system. Enter HSBC. Now you know why so many HSBC branches are in Mexico.
    Maybe the Chinese ATF secretly smuggled those guns here to make the problem look worse than it is?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All I want is a Remington 870 Tactical with an 18.5 in barrel and a 7+1 magazine. Fuck all this assault rifle shit. Is that too much to ask?

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FLASH: NRA plans news conference Friday, stayed quiet out of respect for families, offers "meaningful contributions" to prevent massacres
    https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/281149776890839040
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ino group of intelligent, thoughtful people are going to arm themselves and go forcibly make a run on Washington or any state capitol and forcibly remove any element of our government.
    Keep telling yourself that...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    FLASH: NRA plans news conference Friday, stayed quiet out of respect for families, offers "meaningful contributions" to prevent massacres
    https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/281149776890839040
    We saw it in the other thread...

Isn't it time for your mind altering medication ??

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    don't forget the gadfly
    Excuse me, it's "annoying little gadfly"

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Blather due to Elbow's discomfort concerning the gun control subject with a little side of a abusive cowing toward me due to his lack of humanity.

Letter To America From A Liberal Gun Owner

By Sarah Zacharias

I am a liberal gun owner. I can outshoot my husband. For our first date, we ate venison and salad with wild mushrooms. I value my second amendment rights. I respect them as a part of America.

I am also a mom. My six and nine year old sons practice lockdowns at school. They have custom made cubbies to hide in that lock from the inside. I cannot help but wonder, why do we teach our children to be responsible to not get shot instead of teaching our gun owners not to allow children to be shot?

I don’t agree with gun prohibition. I have a gun in my closet and I have no intention of giving it up. Let me just say this, it is time for our conversation on reasonable gun control, and to aid the conversation I have created a list of 8 gun ideologies that have got to go. Let’s dive right in.

1). “But then only criminals will have guns.”

Today, and MSNBC commentator on the Martin Bashir Show reported that Gun owners are twelve to eighteen times as likely to die of a gunshot wound. So, if only criminals have guns, then only criminals will face that risk.

2). “If it wasn’t a gun, it would be a knife.”

Actually, fate granted us a random study of this on Friday morning. On the same day that twenty children were shot to death in Newton, CT there were 22 children stabbed in China. Not one of those children died. Given a choice between a semi automatic weapon and a knife, I pick knife.

3). “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people”

Well, let’s look at the NRA’s statistics. In 2008 there were 592 accidental fire arm deaths. That is the equivalent of nearly 23 Newton Connecticuts. Remember those tears you fought back all day Saturday as you held your kids close? Multiply it 23 times, every year, for all those lost to guns that killed people on accident, for all those times that people didn’t kill people but bullets did.

4). “If only one of the staff members at the elementary school had a gun.”

This is just an offshoot of, “I need a gun for self defense.” There are only about 215 justifiable homicides with fire arms in the US each year, according to FBI statistics. That’s less than half of the 592 that die accidentally.

This means that the 350 million guns in America are more than twice as likely to kill people on accident as they are to be used as tools by people who purposely and justifiably kill someone in an act of self defense. I am not willing to take those odds in an elementary school.

In fact, Lanza’s first victim on Friday wasn’t just his mom, or his teacher, she was also a gun owner who was murdered by her own son with her own gun.

5). “The right to bear arms is to protect our citizenry from tyranny.”

I have trouble knowing how I ought to address this. Am I to seriously understand that you think that there is a particular point at which it becomes justifiable to take up arms against the United States Government? Even if I could take this as a reasonable argument, I cannot fathom any citizen, or even a group of citizens, who has the firepower to do anything but hurt themselves. How on earth does any gun compare to the military might of the US Armed Forces? Which weapon exactly, do I use to take down an MQ9 Reaper Drone? What handgun do I use to defeat an Active Denial System, you know… those tanks that emit waves of radiation that burn the top layer of your skin off… Which handgun will stop a tyrannical oppressor with one of those?

6). “We need guns for hunting, without them, we won’t eat.”

Let’s add this up.
    $50 for deer license
    $100 fuel
    $100 clothing
    $60 food
    $ 75 ammo
    $350 gun
    4 days off work, missing $280 pay at minimum wage
    $ 150 to process deer meat
    $90 to run a deep freezer all winter

That makes $1265.00 to procure one deer for your family. If you get a lot of meat from a deer, say 125 pounds then you are paying roughly $9.88 per pound. Don’tcha think you could buy hamburger for cheaper?

7). “It is about mental health, not guns”

Let us assume a certain amount of truth in this. What if mental health troubles ate a common thread in gun violence, especially in cases of mass murder? Does that mean that mental health access and treatment will prevent mass murder? I don’t think so.

Even with easy access, and the availability of a cure we cannot ensure that a person who is sick enough to kill elementary children will seek help. In fact, many of these people are never even known to be sick except in bloody 20/20 hindsight.

8. “Any control at all is a slippery slope to full gun ban.”

This is an absurd argument. I, as a liberal, say the same thing when it is claimed that outlawing third trimester abortions is a slippery slope to complete ban of abortion. We have to be reasonable. We have to work on the actual problem at hand, dead first graders. The problem isn’t going away if we hide behind cop out arguments like the slippery slope. It can only go away if we all sit down, and honestly discuss solutions. Rhetoric, avoidance, blame shifting, faulty logic, and apathy have gotten us where we are today, with two children in caskets and 24 victims left to bury. If we as gun owners want to keep our guns, while ensuring the safety of our children, we must holster our fear of a slippery slope and put safety first no matter what.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fact #11

Blaze is on mind-altering pharmaceuticals...

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fact #11

Blaze is on mind-altering pharmaceuticals...
    Name them. You are being a God be damning hateful abusive human.
    Old man, how many more trips around the sun you got?
    I want to be sure and celebrate your final trip.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wasn't The Fall Guy a tv version of Burt Reynold's Hooper movie?
    Hooper wasn't a bounty hunter/stuntman, just a stuntman. I always liked that flick, have to watch it again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    All I want is a Remington 870 Tactical with an 18.5 in barrel and a 7+1 magazine. Fuck all this assault rifle shit. Is that too much to ask?
    I may get a Mossberg shotty for the house. Not real concerned about getting a CCW yet, but I'm considering it. Not so much because I NEED one, but for the simple fact that I CAN.

The offroad park I've been going to has a gun range, a couple times a year they bring full auto guns and let people shoot 'em for a fee. I may sign up for that one if they offer it this summer.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 12-18-2012 at 11:04 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Hooper wasn't a bounty hunter/stuntman, just a stuntman. I always liked that flick, have to watch it again soon.

I may get a Mossberg shotty for the house. Not real concerned about getting a CCW yet, but I'm considering it. Not so much because I NEED one, but for the simple fact that I CAN.

The offroad park I've been going to has a gun range, a couple times a year they bring full auto guns and let people shoot 'em for a fee. I may sign up for that one if they offer it this summer.

Looks aren't deceiving you old fart...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Name them. You are being a God be damning hateful abusive human.
    Old man, how many more trips around the sun you got?
    I want to be sure and celebrate your final trip.
    Are ya down ??

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have a refrigerator full of this weird-assed, margarita flavored-semi lime green beer
    Sounds like you can celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo all at once with that shit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Actually concealed carry did stop a mass shooting in Salt Lake City.

On February 12, 2007, at 6:44 PM MST, Sulejman Talović began a deadly shooting spree in Trolley Square resulting in the deaths of five bystanders and the shooter himself,[1] as well as the wounding of at least four others. Talović was described as wearing a white shirt, a tan trenchcoat and a mullet.[2] He carried both a shotgun with a pistol grip and a 38-caliber handgun with rubber grips,[3] as well as a backpack full of ammunition.[4]
    The gunman's rampage was stopped after trading shots with off-duty police officer Kenneth Hammond of the Ogden City Police Department and Sgt. Andrew Oblad of the Salt Lake City Police Department. The final confrontation, in which Talović was killed, occurred in the Pottery Barn Kids home furnishing store.[5] Hammond was at Trolley Square having an early Valentine's Day dinner with his pregnant wife, 911 dispatcher Sarita Hammond, when they heard gunshots. Sarita Hammond borrowed a waiter's cell phone to call 911.[6] Talović was cornered and was shooting at officers, until an active shooter contact team composed of Salt Lake City PD SWAT team members arrived and shot him. Salt Lake City police officials on February 13, 2007, thanked Hammond as a hero for saving countless lives.[4]
    It was an off duty officer with a concealed handgun that stopped the guy from shooting even more people. We were eating at the same restaurant and heard the gun shots.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-19-2012 at 01:26 AM.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Are ya down ??
    What does that mean?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Utah 6th grader takes gun to school, says parents encouraged him

By David Edwards
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 15:00 EST

An 11-year-old boy in Utah reportedly told classmates that his parents recommended that he take a gun to school for defense after the recent mass shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut.

According to KSTU, students at West Kearns Elementary School notified teachers after the sixth grader pulled a .22 caliber pistol out of his backpack on Monday morning.

“At recess, he pointed a gun to my head and said he was going to kill me,” fellow classmate Isabel Rios recalled.

Granite School District spokesperson Ben Horsley said that after the staff was informed, the boy was “apprehended in 30 to 45 seconds and immediately brought down to the office and the police were on site within five to 10 minutes.”

Several parents told the Fox station that they were disappointed that the school had only notified them with a pre-recorded message at 5:30 p.m., after the the students were already home.

“There was no lockdown,” parent John Klaus explained. “No one was called. Nothing was done. And then we had to hear it from our kids.”

Ashlee Gordon said that she had decided to keep her 7-year-old son home from school on Tuesday.

“I don’t want to have to be at work, or anything like that, and worry about my child possibly not coming home, especially before Christmas,” Gordon told KSTU.

Horsley said that it was “understandable” that several other parents had also decided to pull their children out of school for a while.

“We are going to be working with those families, making sure they are comfortable with the steps and actions the school is taking,” he insisted.

The Granite District Police Department booked the 11-year-old suspect on three counts of aggravated assault. School officials also promised a “lengthy” suspension, which would apply to all campuses in the district.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Never mind prosecuting an 11 year old kid, throw his fucking nutjob parents in prison. And take this kid away from them permanently. Along with his 11 or 12 brothers and sisters (this IS Utah, after all) and then STERILIZE THESE MISERABLE MORMON FUCKS so they can never reproduce again.

Thread Information