Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Neil Geraldo (or whatever his name is, I'm plastered) rules.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by philouze
      Can anyone reach Pat and make her see this thread???
      Because there is Real Love & Respect here, and I'm sure she would be pleased. Pleased to know that she still makes 30-40+ yo dudes hard for her...
      Pat, get over he'a..

She is just so classy. Never had to slut it up like Lita Ford, get all dark & scary like Joan Jett, or be a sell out like so many others. Just great rock music and a fabulous voice.....BAM! And she is the one left standing after 25 years. Much respect for her & all of her music.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

She's old and had a mouth full of teeth. She's the lost chipmunk - songs like one, too. Bland, corporate rock - the female Huey Lewis.

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Yeah but she never got to play with Thin Lizzy, ba-bay.
          Too bad, it would've been cool.. Phil & Pat... God I miss Mr Lynott...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

I really liked Pat Benetar.

Liked the production, songwriting, vocals and instrumentation...she stood out and STILL stands out in a way that most of the girls who followed in her wake just don't.

I mean, I will say Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston had great voices, but their songs were just too much top-40 fluff for my tastes.

Like, how one goes from Pat Benetar to Taylor Swift and calls that progress...I mean, fuck me, you know?

Not everything of the late 1970s/early 1980s was worth being nostalgic over, but what Pat Benetar brought to the table certainly was.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Pat B Lover
              Roth Army Recruit
              • May 2014

S0 SEXY - you can say that 100 times .
              PAT

Comment

• Jack68
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                I really liked Pat Benetar.

Liked the production, songwriting, vocals and instrumentation...she stood out and STILL stands out in a way that most of the girls who followed in her wake just don't.

I mean, I will say Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston had great voices, but their songs were just too much top-40 fluff for my tastes.

Like, how one goes from Pat Benetar to Taylor Swift and calls that progress...I mean, fuck me, you know?

Not everything of the late 1970s/early 1980s was worth being nostalgic over, but what Pat Benetar brought to the table certainly was.
                Had a really great band and the songs on the first few albums were real good. Too bad the video of for shadows of the night kinda torpedoed the song .
                "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

She's 60 now?

And here I thought many of you were relics.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

So.... does that make her a GILF?

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jack68
                      Had a really great band and the songs on the first few albums were real good. Too bad the video of for shadows of the night kinda torpedoed the song .
                      Yeah, that Shadows of the Night single was a pretty clear demarcation point for me. After that and Love Is A Battlefield, I sorta lost interest. Right around 1983 or so the synths and keyboards got more and more upfront in the sound, along with drum machines starting to creep in. The music began to sound overproduced. Still, what a great rock voice she had.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...