Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DLR in groupie's book

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DLR in groupie's book

An 80s groupie (mostly into metal) wrote a book last year about how she banged her way through just about every rock act that passed through Nebraska -- and her obsession with one David Lee Roth. She wrote that she got to meet him a number of times and had her way with him, and how she was in love with him, how she was kept away from him during one tour because he had a girlfriend, blah blah blah.

Overall, the book was kind of boring after a while (snort coke, screw rocker, rinse, repeat), although the way she isn't afraid to name names and give some juicy details. Just kind of...meh. http://onceuponarockstarbook.com

I did a search and didn't find a thread already on this topic, so I apologize if this has already been covered.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting... Thanks for the post and nice to see you around again GEM!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Thanks! It's nice to be back, after an eventful year!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's something similar on Metal Sludge... "the Penis chart" or some shit, where groupies tell their exploits and comment on what certain rock dudes are packing (or not).

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    There's something similar on Metal Sludge... "the Penis chart" or some shit, where groupies tell their exploits and comment on what certain rock dudes are packing (or not).
    I have little if any interest is viewing such a thing. I've got enough problems with my own reputation (or lack of one). Plus, there is this somewhat uncomfortable aspect to the subject...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One of my girlfriends directed me to it because of something extremely unflattering (and yet funny as shit) that was posted about a guitarist (not any of the ones I've mentioned here) I"ve worked for, does that count? Something to the effect he was "minute and a minuteman"...

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think I've seen that site. But are the groupies/commenters anonymous, or using their real names? This woman is using her (sort of) real name, with lots of pix of herself -- while talking about whom she nailed when she was underage, who was great in bed, who's an awful lover, etc. She also tattled on her friends, even when they were sleeping with married rock stars.
    The book was a freebie on Kindle for a while last night, so I downloaded it and glanced through it. It was kind of repetitive after a while, which makes it no surprise that it was self-published.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedMurder View Post
    I think I've seen that site. But are the groupies/commenters anonymous, or using their real names? This woman is using her (sort of) real name, with lots of pix of herself -- while talking about whom she nailed when she was underage, who was great in bed, who's an awful lover, etc. She also tattled on her friends, even when they were sleeping with married rock stars.
    The book was a freebie on Kindle for a while last night, so I downloaded it and glanced through it. It was kind of repetitive after a while, which makes it no surprise that it was self-published.
    Pretty sure for the most part it's anonymous as far as the groupies go, but the rock stars they're telling all the above mentioned details about are definitely named...

Not at all interested in who's packing what either, but I'll admit it was kinda funny to read about a person I know to be quite the braggart's review, which was essentially "I could've had a V8!"

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty sure for the most part it's anonymous as far as the groupies go, but the rock stars they're telling all the above mentioned details about are definitely named...

Not at all interested in who's packing what either, but I'll admit it was kinda funny to read about a person I know to be quite the braggart's review, which was essentially "I could've had a V8!"
    Yeah, I remember them naming the rock stars, but when the commenters are totally anonymous, they can say anything they want, with impunity. Having worked in the media *way* too long, I know all too well about people who want to remain anonymous while settling grudges, wishful thinking, etc.

Heisenberg
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool

Heh, heh, heh. Groupies.

I recall watching a talk show years ago, maybe Geraldo or Maury Povich, not sure which one, but they had groupies discussing their tales of conquest, and evidently, Huey Lewis is packing an impressive unit, while DLR, supposedly, is just a size medium.

Also recently read Peter Criss' book, in which he say's Paul Stanley stuffed his crotch. Go figure.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by big fatty View Post
    Also recently read Peter Criss' book, in which he say's Paul Stanley stuffed his crotch. Go figure.
    That's been going on for decades now, sometimes with less than spectacular results...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    fuck your fucking framing

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    . It was kind of repetitive after a while,
    So was "Fifty Shades of Gray" and look where that book(s) went!

Oh dear.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    That's been going on for decades now, sometimes with less than spectacular results...

"We've got Armadillos in our trousers..."

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I think that may be a misquote. I think Peter may have said (paraphrasing) "Paul tried to stuff his Coch up his rear end."

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heh, heh, heh. Groupies.

I recall watching a talk show years ago, maybe Geraldo or Maury Povich, not sure which one, but they had groupies discussing their tales of conquest, and evidently, Huey Lewis is packing an impressive unit, while DLR, supposedly, is just a size medium.

LOL! Seriously, though, I think that most women (not groupies, just regular women) aren't all that interested in what men look like naked or how they perform in bed, unless we have a personal stake in it. For the most part, most of us are just not wired that way.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    So was "Fifty Shades of Gray" and look where that book(s) went!
    True, but that was picked up by a major published. EL James didn't have to pay to have it published, while Rita Rae Roxx did. RRR's writing wasn't great -- then again, neither is EL James's -- but I'm wondering if her penchant for naming names and outing bad behavior (married men screwing her friends, various people doing drugs, etc.) made the publishing houses avoid her, out of fear of litigation.

Heisenberg
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool

LOL! Seriously, though, I think that most women (not groupies, just regular women) aren't all that interested in what men look like naked or how they perform in bed, unless we have a personal stake in it. For the most part, most of us are just not wired that way.
    Oh, c'mon now. You're just saying that to be nice.

All of a sudden I'm reminded of Elaine telling Jerry that being naked is not a good look for a man. That the male body is utilitarian, like a Jeep, just meant for getting around. L.O.L.

Not that I need to be concerned either way, I've never had any complaints. Heh, heh, heh.
    Last edited by big fatty; 01-17-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't think I'd care to read about some ho's exploits with Dave (read ho as 'I'm jealous' ). Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of him naked though.
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But I agree with GEM..wouldn't want to see random guys' dicks. Difference between men and women. My husband tells me men can just stare at female genitalia forever. Not me (male or female genitalia).

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If she was so in love with Dave as she claims, why would she sell him out like that?
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, c'mon now. You're just saying that to be nice.

All of a sudden I'm reminded of Elaine telling Jerry that being naked is not a good look for a man. That the male body is utilitarian, like a Jeep, just meant for getting around. L.O.L.

Not that I need to be concerned either way, I've never had any complaints. Heh, heh, heh.
    I'm sure you haven't!
    But, remember: Playboy is naked women posing for men to look at, and Playgirl is naked men posing for men to look at.
    As a rule, men can get off looking at random naked people, but most women don't get turned on looking at random naked people.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    If she was so in love with Dave as she claims, why would she sell him out like that?
    Her version of love sounds a bit distorted...did she even know him? Sounds more like a desperate need to feel loved...aka attention whore.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Momshell View Post
    Don't think I'd care to read about some ho's exploits with Dave (read ho as 'I'm jealous' ). Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of him naked though.
    Personally, I have to wonder how truthful her story is.
    As for naked Dave, there were a couple of near-naked ones going around a few years ago. I won't post them (don't want to antagonize our benevolent hosts), but if you want, I can send them to you privately.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Her version of love sounds a bit distorted...did she even know him? Sounds more like a desperate need to feel loved...aka attention whore.
    We don't know what she means by "being in love". Maybe she just had a crush on him. Was very interested and attracted. Who knows... But if whatever she felt was real, why tell the world. I'd try and save some things just for me. Just keep it special.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Her attempt at fame, at being the next Pamela Des Barres? A few years ago, I saw some special on TV re the original groupies, and they all just came across as pathetisad. It's like sleeping with rockstars was their one accomplishment in life.
    I guess that's why I'm glad that all I got from Dave was a very (and I do mean very!) nice hand-holding from him.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Personally, I have to wonder how truthful her story is.
    As for naked Dave, there were a couple of near-naked ones going around a few years ago. I won't post them (don't want to antagonize our benevolent hosts), but if you want, I can send them to you privately.
    Me too, me too :-)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I got the impression that she's upset that nothing came of their few mattress sessions, and that during the 1984 tour, she was supposedly banned from going backstage.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    By the way, if anyone has a Kindle or Kindle reader application and wants to borrow the book, I can send it to you for a limited period of time (the limit is set by Amazon, not me).
    I only got it because it was free and I'd heard about the Dave stuff.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Me too, me too :-)
    So, if I can, you want me to send them to you in a private message?
    (I want to get specific permission before sending these pics!)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To sum it up:
    - She's not a particularly good writer, and her stories are repetitive. She got dressed up, thought she was hot, snorted some coke, got backstage, screwed rockstars. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    - She's still infatuated with DLR. How much of her story is true, I don't know. That the book is self-published tells me that a legit publishing house couldn't properly vet her stories (she names names and details) and didn't want to get sued into oblivion.
    - Just going by her pics, she was cute (and exotic-looking), but not more than most of the available and willing women at any show.
    - Therefore, I take her stories with a huge grain of salt.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Why else? 15 seconds (or less) of fame, and a few thousand dollars.......
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-17-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Why else? 15 seconds (or less) of fame, and a few thousand dollars.......
    Her book was self-published, so she may not have even made back her costs...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmm....who knows?

Krazeh?

I tend to agree with all of the above, lol.

I have no interest in this....it is sensationalist tabloid fodder, true or not.
    If I want to know about people having sex, there is pr0n for light years in cyberspace, lol.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-17-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Hmm....who knows?

Krazeh?

I tend to agree with all of the above, lol.

I have no interest in this....it is sensationalist tabloid fodder, true or not.
    If I want to know about people having sex, there is pr0n for light years in cyberspace, lol.
    True. I guess I'm just fascinated (but not all that surprised) at the pull DLR has on some people.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But I agree with GEM..wouldn't want to see random guys' dicks. Difference between men and women. My husband tells me men can just stare at female genitalia forever. Not me (male or female genitalia).
    Actually...

You know, there IS a difference between pussies & not just how they're groomed.

I have seen some BEAUTIFUL pussies, so beautiful I wouldn't mind living with it near my face at all times. Wouldn't mind at all.

I have also seen some that were not so beautiful. I don't know if they always looked like mashed cabbages, or ended up like that from overuse, but I won't get near one of those with my face, no way in hell.

Then there's the in-between, etc.

The point is, I can't speak for every man, but I certainly don't want to look at random pictures of random pussies, you get some nasty surprises.

I DO want to see the pussy of someone I am attracted to. I have developed a poker face for when I do. Results haven't always been brilliant.

Cheers! :bottle:

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Imapus Sylicker View Post
    Actually...

You know, there IS a difference between pussies & not just how they're groomed.

I have seen some BEAUTIFUL pussies, so beautiful I wouldn't mind living with it near my face at all times. Wouldn't mind at all.

I have also seen some that were not so beautiful. I don't know if they always looked like mashed cabbages, or ended up like that from overuse, but I won't get near one of those with my face, no way in hell.

Then there's the in-between, etc.

The point is, I can't speak for every man, but I certainly don't want to look at random pictures of random pussies, you get some nasty surprises.

I DO want to see the pussy of someone I am attracted to. I have developed a poker face for when I do. Results haven't always been brilliant.

Cheers! :bottle:

And you are 12? With guys like this, no wonder women feel insecure about their bodies... Everybody is beautiful.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gotta agree with Imapus. I remember one cooch that was so dazzling looking that I was absolutely stopped in mid air. It was so gorgeous I started babbling and telling the chick how perfect it was. I shoulda took pictures...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here: They are all different, all normal and beautiful!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My favorite instructions are as follows:

1. Insert Tab A into Slot B

2. Repeat

In my case these instructions to be followed with a hot chick of my preference...

Thread Information