X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I miss the days of general admission. There were no seats. Getting up close to the stage meant showing up at the venue early and being able to run fast once the gates opened. But yeah you did buy your tickets from the stoner behind the counter at some small record shop. You could also buy your Zig Zags from the same shop and use the album cover to roll your joints for the big night. God I'm glad I started going to concerts in the late 70's.
    Geez you just described my concert experience in the 70's and 80's to a tee!! Day on the Green in Oakland, Ca nothing beats it... $12 -$15 bucks... sit where you want. 50 cent beer and nobody hassling you if you burn one.

I don't know why music concert tickets have to be the way they are today. Gone to a few NASCAR races and you can purchase tickets easily and choose from available seats with ease. Plus the costs are much lower... even for events with 50,000 - 70,000 attending.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      In your case, there are fees for removing the stupid Kunt from the premises.
      Oh, SNAP!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

I don't know why music concert tickets have to be the way they are today...
        I do...it's this bum's fault.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I knew a guy in college who was studying journalism who had actually met and interviewed Henley. He went on and on that out of all the people he interviewed (mildly famous or not) Henley was the by far the biggest prick he had ever met in his life not sure how much of Henley's arrogance he could stomach.

I've been to Aspen and seen his house. Fucking monstrously huge.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
            yup - crazy - buy two tickets and it practically cost as much as the face value of 3

VH cancelled Rochester NY and it kills me I missed Buffalo - seeing CVH live is like seeing a blue moon, while other bands never go away
            You missed an excellent concert...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              I haven't had to "buy" tickets in many years [Thank God for House Guest Lists]

But I've had plenty of dealings with Ticketbastard from the other end, and it's no better from the Venue/Promoter side either.

So long as mega firms such as AEG and Live Nation control 90% of the venues, this will never change.
              I got decent tickets and service from Ticketbastard for the VH show in Buffalo. But I resent the hell out of the surcharges they pull out of their asses and certainly don't share with the band or venue. Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam were right! One would think with the internet we don't even need these crooks!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                It's even worse with sports nowadays... Most pro and major college teams have 100% authorized "TicketExchange" sections on their websites for season ticket holders to scalp, er, sell their seats, with absolutely zero regulations for jacking the prices.... And of course, those teams couldn't do that on their website without authorization from their respective leagues....

And there you have it, authorized scalping....
                I know Sabres season ticket holders that can pay for a good chunk of the season simply by selling their Toronto Maple Leafs game tix to canuckleheads...

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

If I really love the band, I try to be in the front row or I don't go. If I don't care about the performer and just go for the party then I don't care where my seat is. We just run around anyway.
                  The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

Working...