Big brother to log your drinking habits and waist size...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
    Big brother must have pretty pathetic life to care about my drinking habits... :-/ (cause I assume we have the same big brother )
    I thought you stayed sober because your room mate guzzles all the Ouzo before you have a chance to get any.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Unless you walk in with gunshot wounds, I don't see why guns should be part of the medical discussion.

The only reason guns should have any connection to a medical database is when it comes to mental health issues, which should be sufficient reason to prevent someone from buying a gun.
      Issues with your love gun will probably be in the medical records.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        UK Govt advice for alcohol intake is:
        Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week, no more than four units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week.

Thats lesss than 10 pints a week.
        Wonder how many of us stuck to that .

I went to the doctors recently for some blood tests and lied about my intake and he still freaked out on me .......

Stopping drinking wont make you live longer but it will sure fucking feel like it
        People are nuts. They complain constantly that life sucks and the world is going to shit but yet they want to live as long as possible. I say just stomp down on the gas, rev the fucking engine past red line, hit the Nitro button and enjoy the short ride before the big fatal crash.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-02-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Balls to the wall!! Somebody pass me a cigarette and a beer!!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I thought you stayed sober because your room mate guzzles all the Ouzo before you have a chance to get any.
            I drink other stuff. God, she can drink the Ouzo....
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Ouzo brings happiness into people's lives.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                UK Govt advice for alcohol intake is:
                Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week, no more than four units in any one day, and have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
                I think they maybe upped it to 28 but there is no scientific basis for these numbers, they just grab them out the air.

There was a big Scandinavian survey years ago which found the mortality rates for teetotal people was the same as that for people who drank up to 70 units.

That said people that drank a little lived longer than both.

I guess it all depends on the years you are losing. If you miss out on 3 years shitting yourself daily in a retirement home and you don't know where you are then is that worth giving up booze for?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I think they maybe upped it to 28 but there is no scientific basis for these numbers, they just grab them out the air.

There was a big Scandinavian survey years ago which found the mortality rates for teetotal people was the same as that for people who drank up to 70 units.

That said people that drank a little lived longer than both.

I guess it all depends on the years you are losing. If you miss out on 3 years shitting yourself daily in a retirement home and you don't know where you are then is that worth giving up booze for?
                  I agree. But I do think one needs to care of the liver, which is easy to do. Taking or eating a fair amount of turmeric before drinking can block the worst effects of alcohol and milk thistle supplements have been shown to help boost liver function and help it recover. And taking a day or two off from drinking is not a bad idea...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The problem like most health things is that it's a lottery.

Some people just totally get away with it and others don't.

Winston Churchill probably drank more than 30 units a day and lived to 90 and was a pretty high achiever.

The horrible thing about booze is that very often you don't know you have been one of the unlucky people until it's too late as you can fuck yourself up without any immediate symptoms...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      The problem like most health things is that it's a lottery.

Some people just totally get away with it and others don't.

Winston Churchill probably drank more than 30 units a day and lived to 90 and was a pretty high achiever.

The horrible thing about booze is that very often you don't know you have been one of the unlucky people until it's too late as you can fuck yourself up without any immediate symptoms...
                      Not to mention he was overweight, out of shape, probably ate poorly and smoked cigars.

Someone should market a Winston Churchill health plan. It involves smoking cigars, drinking lots of Johnny Walker Black, eating big steaks, and doing very little activity and never giving up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

If you are 50 years old and are still doing this type of thing well you might need to grow up a little.

Comment

• Headly1984
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2011

I would make alcohol illegal if I were King lol!

Maybe people should have to register as drinkers and sign for their alcohol purchase like a prescription drug & bars should have to swipe their card for every round - when pulled over a leo would be able to see how much alcohol was purchased by that person, that day =) !!

Alcohol is a horrible drug - very few people use it responsibly - & if ya ask any leo when they pull over a drunk driver how many drinks the typical drunk says they had before driving , it is usually 2

If the majority of drinkers did have 1 or 2 drinks when they went out or after diner I may feel different , but from what I have seen, once the 1st drink is consumed, people drink the rest of the day / night

Obesity - omg - amazing how sensitive fat people get about their weight - ya can't get fat unless ya put the calories in your mouth, simple as that ... I love it when people get defensive about their weight - well it was the holidays, or I have a slow metabolism .. lol ! your FAT!! eat less and exercise SOME ! hahaha !!! fat children = lazy parents pacifying the kid with food

I liked Obamacare when it contained a public option, the current model is a travesty- it does nothing to challenge the double digit health insurance rate increases that have been annual for over a decade and are probably the biggest reason for wage stagnation, employers cannot afford to increase wages and increase contribution to health care - too bad Hillary was vilified when Bill was President for trying to takle HC costs, and Obamacare got people frenzied to the point of supporting the current system which is hurting the middle class wages while the poorest have medicaid and the well off don't have to care about health premiums - the working poor are the most screwed of all - working too much for medicaid, too little to afford private health insurance coverage ..

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Interesting the UK has that "Big Brother" thing too...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
                              I would make alcohol illegal if I were King lol!

Maybe people should have to register as drinkers and sign for their alcohol purchase like a prescription drug & bars should have to swipe their card for every round - when pulled over a leo would be able to see how much alcohol was purchased by that person, that day =) !!

Alcohol is a horrible drug - very few people use it responsibly - & if ya ask any leo when they pull over a drunk driver how many drinks the typical drunk says they had before driving , it is usually 2

If the majority of drinkers did have 1 or 2 drinks when they went out or after diner I may feel different , but from what I have seen, once the 1st drink is consumed, people drink the rest of the day / night

Obesity - omg - amazing how sensitive fat people get about their weight - ya can't get fat unless ya put the calories in your mouth, simple as that ... I love it when people get defensive about their weight - well it was the holidays, or I have a slow metabolism .. lol ! your FAT!! eat less and exercise SOME ! hahaha !!! fat children = lazy parents pacifying the kid with food

I liked Obamacare when it contained a public option, the current model is a travesty- it does nothing to challenge the double digit health insurance rate increases that have been annual for over a decade and are probably the biggest reason for wage stagnation, employers cannot afford to increase wages and increase contribution to health care - too bad Hillary was vilified when Bill was President for trying to takle HC costs, and Obamacare got people frenzied to the point of supporting the current system which is hurting the middle class wages while the poorest have medicaid and the well off don't have to care about health premiums - the working poor are the most screwed of all - working too much for medicaid, too little to afford private health insurance coverage ..
                              Yeah, and that guy who went into a school and killed all those kids with alcohol, er....

Comment

Working...