Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Van Halen Tape Vault Info

Got the latest issue of TapeOp magazine a few days ago.

There is an interview with a guy named Brian Kehew.

His gig is to go through tape vaults at major labels and look for outtakes, and other stuff by A-list artists which have never been released before.

In the magazine article, he makes a brief mention of Van Halen:

Q: I would guess that a lot of songs that you've mixed are never going to be heard.

A: Sadly. Some of the best stuff is still not out, for political or band reasons. There are lots of amazing Van Halen tracks that could come out.

Then, there is a bonus interview at their website here:

http://www.tapeop.com/interviews/93/brian-kehew-bonus/

Van Halen

Unfortunately - and this is sadly true - most people throw away outtakes. On all the Van Halen tapes, all the alternate takes are usually gone. I have tons of Van Halen no one has ever heard, amazing stuff they recorded and never released. But they threw out every other take of "Hot For Teacher" except the master. The Van Halen tapes were incredible to work on. We were given a project for a proposed box set of the David Lee Roth years, outtakes and rarities. We went through every tape that's in the vault, mixing some truly great, unheard music. They were perhaps the last famous band that grew up by playing bars and clubs doing cover songs, so they had skills like the Beatles from working covers and originals. Don Landee did a great job recording Eddie's guitar. It was so interesting and distinctive. Not what other people were doing.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 19 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

Cato (02-03-2013),Coyote (02-03-2013),Diamondjimi (02-04-2013),DLR Bridge (02-05-2013),DONNIEP (02-03-2013),FORD (02-03-2013),Halen High (02-03-2013),jhale667 (02-03-2013),Little Texan (02-06-2013),Never was (02-03-2013),philouze (02-03-2013),private parts (02-04-2013),Terry (02-03-2013),TJMKID (02-04-2013),tojoro (02-05-2013),Va Beach VH Fan (02-03-2013),VAiN (02-04-2013),vandeleur (02-03-2013),VHscraps (02-03-2013)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

"We were given the project for a proposed box set of the DLR years".

So, even if they threw out lots, or recorded new rales over old ones, etc., there was obviously enough still there to hire this guy ...

Get the feeling we'll not see this stuff until either a significant anniversary, or until the band is over for good.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    Flappo's Disciple
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2016 @ 03:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    Get the feeling we'll never see this stuff.
    Fixed it for you...

5. Thanked philouze for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-04-2013)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

It doesn't surprise me that they exist, what DOES surprise me is that someone outside of the VH organization has actually heard them.
    And I'm not as interested in alternative takes of songs we already know as I am of songs we've never heard before.

Ed can be a perfectionist to the point where it can be annoying (especially during the classic years), and he probably threw away songs he felt weren't good enough...that would awesomely fuck everyone's head up to listen to.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Well, at least this is an indication that somebody (other than us lunatics on this board) was taking the idea of a Van HALEN box set seriously.

That in and of itself is more promising than anything else that's been said about the subject (mostly by us) since 2000 or so. As far as the "political" issues referenced by the interview, my guess is that this has to do with the obvious participation of one Michael Sobolewski in this material and the fact that Eddie might not want to pay him for any of this. Which would mean the only material eligible for release would be the Cherokee Studios demo from 1973, which had Mark Stone playing bass, or anything from the 1984 sessions which may well have had Eddie himself on bass.

I'd hate to see it come down to this. Even if Mikey will never be in the band again, he definitely WAS in the band then, and there's no point trying to erase or tamper with history.

8. 5 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-04-2013),DLR Bridge (02-03-2013),Hardrock69 (02-04-2013),jhale667 (02-03-2013),Terry (02-03-2013)

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

So, even if they threw out lots, or recorded new rales over old ones, etc., there was obviously enough still there to hire this guy ...

Get the feeling we'll not see this stuff until either a significant anniversary, or until the band is over for good.
    That should be 'recorded new takes over old ones'

Big fingers, small iPhone keys, etc,

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I contacted Brian with questions about what he knows about FILM/VIDEO in the vaults.

If I hear any reply, I will surely post it here.

11. 5 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

Halen High (02-03-2013),Nickdfresh (02-05-2013),private parts (02-04-2013),Terry (02-03-2013),TJMKID (02-04-2013)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Good find HR

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

"I have tons of Van Halen no one has ever heard, amazing stuff they recorded and never released."

Alright, time to get a bribe pot going.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

These are the kind of things that make me wish Gene Simmons was manager of the band.

15. Thanked Fairwrning for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-03-2013)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm convinced they are saving a lot of this stuff for when the band is retired. They can keep the band 'alive' for many more years by drip-feeding unreleased music, alternate versions, film footage on DVDs etc.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halen High View Post
    I'm convinced they are saving a lot of this stuff for when the band is retired. They can keep the band 'alive' for many more years by drip-feeding unreleased music, alternate versions, film footage on DVDs etc.
    It's really inexplicable to me as to why the Roth-era releases haven't been augmented in recent years with bonus tracks, live video releases, outtakes, etc.

I mean, for official video of those years on dvd you've got...what...Van Halen Video Hits Vol.1, which has the three 1984 promo videos and nothing else Roth-related...and you've got the 6-pack and that's it.

In a 2003 interview Roth was at a loss to explain as to why this stuff hadn't been released, other than his then-belief that the Van Halens didn't want to embrace that part of their history. This may have made sense at that point, when a reunion didn't look like it was gonna happen. I can't understand why it hasn't happened in the last 5 years, though. If the band are willing to rework old demos for a new album, I can't imagine there should be any resistance to putting previously unreleased old material out there...not sure that I buy the theory that it's to avoid paying Mike Anthony any royalties...

Maybe it WILL be a case of the band not wanting to do it until they've decided to retire, as a means of keeping people somewhat focused on the present more so than the past (or at least as much as they're able to).

18. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (02-03-2013)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    In a 2003 interview Roth was at a loss to explain as to why this stuff hadn't been released, other than his then-belief that the Van Halens didn't want to embrace that part of their history.
    I remember that interview, he said there was a ton of stuff that should've been released, and that it's a 'responsibility' for the band to release that stuff to the fans.

The fact that they haven't makes me jealous of AC/DC fans. You'll see stuff on the store shelves like "Family Jewels", or most recently "Live At Riverplate", and think "Damn! that band gives their fans exactly everything they want!" And they couldn't be happier if they were getting a $50 lapdance.

Ed will probably wake the fuck up and decide to release the Oakland '81 show in its entirety, but it won't really matter. It'll be in the fall of 2032, when we will either stop giving a shit, or be dead by then.

20. Thanked hambon4lif for this KICKASS post:

big fatty (02-05-2013)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I blame Eddie. Dave's on record as saying this stuff should be released. And Mikey, hell, he'd be the last guy to say no - I bet even if he wasn't getting paid. So Ed's gotta be the one. I want all of it. Every second of video, every outtake, hours and hours of tape from every recording session. I want it all. And I want it shipped to me in a big red and black and white striped box that's the size of a Buick. So Eddie - crank up the DVD burners. My credit card is locked and loaded...

22. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Coyote (02-04-2013)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    The fact that they haven't makes me jealous of AC/DC fans. You'll see stuff on the store shelves like "Family Jewels", or most recently "Live At Riverplate", and think "Damn! that band gives their fans exactly everything they want!"
    Well that's not exactly true either. Ac/Dc still hasn't released their first four albums as they were originally recorded anywhere outside of Australia. I think most of the songs themselves were eventually released, but you had to buy a half a dozen box sets to get all of them. It took the Beatles until 1987 to reconcile their album catalog deficiencies, and the Stones didn't really do so until 2002 (with a series of CD's that were only pressed once) so there's still hope that Ac/Dc will do this eventually. Thankfully I still have my Australian issued "Volume I" box set of CD's, along with the first two albums on vinyl.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I blame Eddie. Dave's on record as saying this stuff should be released. And Mikey, hell, he'd be the last guy to say no - I bet even if he wasn't getting paid. So Ed's gotta be the one. I want all of it. Every second of video, every outtake, hours and hours of tape from every recording session. I want it all. And I want it shipped to me in a big red and black and white striped box that's the size of a Buick. So Eddie - crank up the DVD burners. My credit card is locked and loaded...
    Maybe Gene $immons needs to do an intervention?

25. Thanked Zing! for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (02-03-2013)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I blame Ed, too. If it wasn't for the loyal fans of this band at Roth Army and DDLR that circulated them, we wouldn't even have the US Fest, Venezuela, Largo, etc.

When I think about the demand of anything CVH, I want to scream "WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GONNA TAKE, ED?!! MY MONEY'S AS GOOD AS ON THE COUNTER!!!"

FFS! They brought Dave back because they heard us (and he is the only, true singer of this band), but as far as merchandising, Van Halen is one of the laziest, foot-dragging bands on this planet.
    Last edited by hambon4lif; 02-03-2013 at 09:55 PM.

27. 2 users say thank you to hambon4lif for this KICKASS post:

private parts (02-04-2013),Zing! (02-03-2013)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well that's not exactly true either. Ac/Dc still hasn't released their first four albums as they were originally recorded anywhere outside of Australia. I think most of the songs themselves were eventually released, but you had to buy a half a dozen box sets to get all of them. It took the Beatles until 1987 to reconcile their album catalog deficiencies, and the Stones didn't really do so until 2002 (with a series of CD's that were only pressed once) so there's still hope that Ac/Dc will do this eventually. Thankfully I still have my Australian issued "Volume I" box set of CD's, along with the first two albums on vinyl.
    We could split hairs all we want, but as a CVH fan, if they released DVD's with the regularity and consistency that AC/DC has, I wouldn't complain at all.

They need to acknowledge and start giving a shit!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Right on Hambon. After I got my first boots earlier this year I went on a binge for six straight months sending copies all over the damn world. And if I can do it - for FREE and never asking for one fucking trade - I know they can afford it. But instead it's been up to us, the fans, to distribute what's out there. And I love it - there's nothing better than sharing a show with somebody who's looking for it. But it's way past time for Ed to turn over the goods. If I can send out over 350 DVDs, then there is definitely a market.

30. 5 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (02-03-2013),DLR Bridge (02-03-2013),jhale667 (02-03-2013),private parts (02-04-2013),Zing! (02-03-2013)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If I can send out over 350 DVDs, then there is definitely a market.
    Exactly! If they put this stuff out, there can't possibly be the fear of losing money!

People want to see this stuff! Hell, once people who wouldn't otherwise care get exposed to the awesome lethality of a Van Halen show, they'll be digging it too.

I know folks that became Van Halen fans from watching Largo at my fuckin' house!

It baffles me, it really does.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think the Kissology releases pretty much illustrate this point. Diehard fans will watch (and pay good money for) any and all classic releases from their favorite band.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    I think the Kissology releases pretty much illustrate this point. Diehard fans will watch (and pay good money for) any and all classic releases from their favorite band.
    And a lot of that Kissology stuff is really just old bootlegs. They didn't make any attempt to clean it up and remaster it, like Page did with the Zeppelin DVD, for example.

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Zep DVD still blows my mind, even now. Makes me wish Oakland would get even half that effort...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's one of those things that just defies logic. Why not? Why not release the stuff? Ed and Al should have enough cash now to cruise into their later years. Why? Is it really because of Mikey? Because he's tight with Slappy? Who fucking cares? Is it because it's going backwards? Can't be. Is it because Dave was and is Van Halen to so many fans? Maybe. But again, who cares? Just put the shit out there and let the fans have what we want and are willing to pay good money for.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

I remember Ed saying he had footage of his high school talent show that he played in. He was rather blasé about the possibility of releasing that and the like some day. He knows we want it. He's just in no hurry to act on it. Sucks to be us.

37. Thanked DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Never was (02-04-2013)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Would be nice if Wolfie tapped daddy on the shoulder and said "release all of it..."

39. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (02-04-2013)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

It would have made sense to be periodically pumping this stuff out during the 98 - 2007 time period to keep the band out in front of fans while essentially not functional.
    I think it all just comes down to Eddie just not liking anything and being a perfectionist. He also never struck me as a nostalgic guy so to him its ehhh whatever. I also wonder how much is complications with ownership of material. The ss Van Halen has not always been the most professionally runned shipped so it is conceivable that that some of it may not be clear. Clearly releasing that acoustic dvd highlights Dave doesn't seem to mind rough material being released.

41. Thanked Never was for this KICKASS post:

Zing! (02-04-2013)

PFC Roth Army
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 08:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Would be nice if Wolfie tapped daddy on the shoulder and said "release all of it..."
    Yep. Somebody needs to get Wolfie on this. May be our only hope. Although one day

Wolfie might do it on his own without needing to ask permission.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

44. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (02-04-2013)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's one of those things that just defies logic. Why not? Why not release the stuff? Ed and Al should have enough cash now to cruise into their later years. Why? Is it really because of Mikey? Because he's tight with Slappy? Who fucking cares? Is it because it's going backwards? Can't be. Is it because Dave was and is Van Halen to so many fans? Maybe. But again, who cares? Just put the shit out there and let the fans have what we want and are willing to pay good money for.

I can remember reading interviews during the Van Haggis era where Eddie was asked about releasing old bootleg film footage and unheard demos from the Dave days and his reply was along the lines of --- "I was never happy how the live recordings turned out" --- which was code-speak that he didnt like Roth's vocals during shows. I'm still surprised the three Oakland '81 videos ever got released to MTV because Eddie was still in that "we only hired him because he owned a PA" bullshit frame of mind.

I used to believe the old bootleg film and audio stuff would get released as an official VH production because EVH was hard up for cash, but he always throws together a tour when his cash supply runs low so that's not a viable theory anymore. I never once believe he would release it merely as a nice gesture to the loyal fanbase --- like Jimmy Page did for the Zep fans.

At this point, I think the only way it will get released is when EVH kicks the bucket and Wolf gets full control of the VH rights to all material. Apart from Dave, Wolfie is the only guy who seems to have any idea how important this old unseen stuff is to the fanbase and wants to get it out there and not let it decompose in a dark vault. EVH coud turn out to be like Keith Richards and live to be 90 yrs. old so no use holding our breath to see the full '81 Oakland show or even Dave's full film stock of the '78 Anaheim gig he's already released snippets of.

At the very least, EVH should have the foresight to hire a film/audio restoration company to transfer that 16mm film stock and magnetic audio tape to a digital format so it can be securely stored on hard drives in underground moisture-free vaults for a long time. God only knows how much damage that stuff has taken from the cigg smoke and moist conditions going down at 5150 for the past 30 years.

Last edited by TJMKID; 02-04-2013 at 04:48 PM.

46. Thanked TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (02-04-2013)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

I wonder exactly what Mike signed away in 2004 to tour with van hagar one last time... It's my understanding that he signed away past, current and future rights to anything VH related.. I think it's more of not wanting Mike to get the exposure and not worrying about paying him.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2017 @ 01:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I seriously wish they would release some live material from the '78 - ' 84 years .

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I wonder exactly what Mike signed away in 2004 to tour with van hagar one last time... It's my understanding that he signed away past, current and future rights to anything VH related.. I think it's more of not wanting Mike to get the exposure and not worrying about paying him.
    I was under the impression it was all future rights to anything VH, with a reduction in royalty percentage, but not completely cut off. I could be wrong about that though.

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was under the impression it was all future rights to anything VH, with a reduction in royalty percentage, but not completely cut off. I could be wrong about that though.
    Me too

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    The sad thing is that even though I've got a fairly decent collection of CVHaudio and video boots from years of trades (and, in some cases, flat-out buying shows), I'd still pay a pretty penny for that same stuff if it was remastered and released officially.

The money the Van Halens have lost to bootleggers as a result of what comes down to just being stubborn must be quite a chunk of change.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This is the issue I can't get my head around. Ed would rather let some bootlegger make money off his stuff than put forth the effort to clean up the stuff and release it. Hell, I would bet money there's at least 5 people here who could do it - and do it right - and do it for free!! So why not spend a few bucks, clean up all the video and audio as best as possible and put it out there for sale. And as far as the quality - it's Van Fucking Halen!! We ain't looking for perfection here - just whatever was captured at the show!!

53. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-05-2013)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This is the issue I can't get my head around. Ed would rather let some bootlegger make money off his stuff than put forth the effort to clean up the stuff and release it. Hell, I would bet money there's at least 5 people here who could do it - and do it right - and do it for free!! So why not spend a few bucks, clean up all the video and audio as best as possible and put it out there for sale. And as far as the quality - it's Van Fucking Halen!! We ain't looking for perfection here - just whatever was captured at the show!!

You just can't help but get the feeling EVH is not a bootleg kinda guy. The three '81 Oakland videos that were shown on MTV were probably 100% due to Warner Bros. pushing the idea on him. It's well-known that he forced Haggis back into the studio to re-record all the vocals for the '93 release of the "Live: Right Here, Right Now" 2-CD set because he was so unhappy with actual live recordings of Samborita.

For a band that got signed to a record deal because of the impressive popularity of their live show --- and the sold-out world tours for just about every album they released --- you gotta wonder why EVH is so unsatisfied with the band's live recordings (film and audio) over the years. But he's a weird motherfucker so nothing really surprises me about the dude --- I'm fully expecting him to give an interview later this year telling us how Wolfgang Tremonti Band is the greatest live music he's ever heard and it will easily sell 10 million copies when it hits the shelves.

Last edited by TJMKID; 02-04-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

You're probably right..

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2016 @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Also one of the big changes I know of... Mike was taken off 1984 as a songwriter.
    Last edited by thismusicsux; 02-05-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2016 @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    You just can't help but get the feeling EVH is not a bootleg kinda guy. The three '81 Oakland videos that were shown on MTV were probably 100% due to Warner Bros. pushing the idea on him. It's well-known that he forced Haggis back into the studio to re-record all the vocals for the '93 release of the "Live: Right Here, Right Now" 2-CD set because he was so unhappy with actual live recordings of Samborita.

For a band that got signed to a record deal because of the impressive popularity of their live show --- and the sold-out world tours for just about every album they released --- you gotta wonder why EVH is so unsatisfied with the band's live recordings (film and audio) over the years. But he's a weird motherfucker so nothing really surprises me about the dude --- I'm fully expecting him to give an interview later this year telling us how Wolfgang Tremonti Band is the greatest live music he's ever heard and it will easily sell 10 million copies when it hits the shelves.

when I think... yeah EVH probably isn't happy with the old footage to release ... but wait.... they toured 2012 with massive amounts of HD bootlegging going on sounding like they did. Well musically they sounded great...but DLR isn't sounding quite the same (understandable at almost 60).

Basically releasing any official tour footage from 78-84 in their prime has got to be better than the 2012 tour. Nothing can compare to CVH when they dominated

Thread Information