Thread: David Lee Roth Vents About Van Halen's Future

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2013 @ 05:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chi-town324;174430 3
    however you want to interpret what Dave is saying, it's not good news for the current Van Halen lineup.. we all want one more album ..one more U.S tour, but it may never happen.
    You misspelled Europe
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 4 users say thank you to envy_me for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (02-12-2013),GreenEyedMurder (02-13-2013),vandeleur (02-12-2013),VHscraps (02-12-2013)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    I tell ya what I get outta that interview :
    Dave is anxious , possibly a bit frustrated , and brimming with motivation and creativity . The Van Halens ( Edward ) are content to sit and stagnate . In so many words , Dave said the proverbial Van Halen is still relevant clock is ticking . At some point , it's gonna be way too late and all this potential for new Van Halen music is gonna go by the wayside . Meanwhile , David Lee Roth in all his restlessness , is gonna take his creative toys and go play elsewhere .
    Good Post.

DLR keeps moving, Ed is a slower guy to get in gear.

I said in the thread about this sugury ( Ed) he probaly won't do anything for a solid year.

Shit like that sets you back a little at his age.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Ed is not "stagnating". He just underwent serious surgery not too long ago, and should definitely be relaxing.

I figure the plan is for them not to do anything until the Aussie/Japan tour dates, and by that time they will have made plans for whatever happens afterwards.

Here is the thing: It is going to get to a point (I feel) where they only way they are going to be able to stay on top is to get Mikey back. Interest in the current lineup will wain, Wolfy will find his own way and go off and do his own thing, the public will start to yawn with their short attention-spans.

Getting Mikey back will be the last chance at creating a ruckus in the public eye.

I have to agree that a REAL VH reunion with Mike is about the only cash cow EVH has left in the bag at this point. Outside of his accountant, no one really knows how much cash Ed or Al have in their bank accounts and that is the real determinant factor about how much more "new" VH material & tours we get from this point forward. It's common knowledge they only rejoined with McHaggis in 2004 because Ed and Al were both bankrupted by costly divorces (if you believe what Sambo wrote in his book).

I sorta halfway believe Valerie's statement that ADKOT & tour were only because Ed wanted to jam with Wolfie --- but I still think Ed's retirement fund is what motivates him. For all we know, he might have a shitload of money generated from the last 2 tours + music equipment branding to last him until death and that's why he's not interested in any new music with Dave. EVH hasnt really produced a full album of new music since 1998 and even then his creative spark had vanished like a fart in the wind. The last original decent stuff he made was "Humans Being" in 1995 --- 18 fucking years ago!

I think this RS article may be the death knell for any future tours or projects with Dave. This sort of brash talk is what got Sobolewski booted from the band --- doesnt sit well with "You cant be in two bands, man" frame of mind that EVH always dictated to his non-family subordinates. Dave did a creepishly good job of laying low from 2008-2011 and not giving any interviews about the future of VH and that's what Eddie likes. But now this RS article might open a can of worms that EVH will snowball into another "you always wanted to be a solo artist, so go back to being one, Dave" type of dismissal.

Oh well --- 2 great reunion tours and a new CVH album is nothing to sneeze at. It's more than I would've predicted in 2005 when all hope seemed lost.

Thanks for the memories, Roth Van Halen --- you had a great ride (1978 to 2013).

5. 3 users say thank you to TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

1980Invasion (02-13-2013),CdnDlrfan (02-14-2013),twobad (02-13-2013)

Atomic Drunk
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-10-2022 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

... a whole lotta Shakespeare going on.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Alex and I have been begging to become part of that, and Glastonbury and Reading and Hyde Park. We keep being shuttled into the heavy metal world, and that's a very exclusive neighborhood, but here we are – we're back knocking on the doors begging for Bonnaroo and begging for Lollapalooza and Coachella, not even as an advancement of career, but there's a whole new audience who doesn't know and doesn't give a shit about Van Halen, and that's exactly the best audience to sharpen your spirit on. That will compel you to the very best that you have. I can't wait for those opportunities and wish us well. We've been asking for those shows since I've gotten back with the band six years ago, and I'll be very curious to see where we wind up come next season.
    As much as you guys are posting depressing shit about "RIP VH 1978-2013" This statement tells me that the door hasn't closed on the Van Halen saga yet.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Dave doesn't want the door to close is what I got out of it...

To me, this article is Dave relaying to Edward to shit or get off the pot...

He submitted his material from his project with John 5 to the Van Halens with apparently no bite...

So, what should Dave do, wait for Edwad ??

Or play the fair circuit with Lowery ??

9. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (02-12-2013)

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    07-16-2015 @ 07:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I believe that Eddie is finally sober (for awhile now) and will realize that Dave is still his hyper old self and will let this slide. I truly believe that Dave, Al, and Ed know what they have together and know that they can produce revenue when they want. Dave didn't bash them, but was just being truthful about the past year and how it frustrates him that they aren't playing or writing more.

I do not feel this is the end of VH as we know it.

What I am wondering about is the "big surprise" or "something big" comment about early this year -which is now. What was being referenced at that time that couldn't be discussed further?

No doom and gloom here - just honesty that I think is finally appreciated by the bro's now.

Girth

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Dave doesn't want the door to close is what I got out of it...

To me, this article is Dave relaying to Edward to shit or get off the pot...

Basically this..

There was an interview with Dave about 10 years ago, I think, where he spoke of time being wasted. I get the same feel from this interview. He wants to go-go-go and I can't fault him for realizing time is limited. I believe it was Classic Rock magazine? If anyone has that I'd love to a link..

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 06:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Basically this..

There was an interview with Dave about 10 years ago, I think, where he spoke of time being wasted. I get the same feel from this interview. He wants to go-go-go and I can't fault him for realizing time is limited. I believe it was Classic Rock magazine? If anyone has that I'd love to a link..
    Think it might be this - 'Gripes of Roth', by James Halbert:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?3399-Interview-w-DLR-The-Gripes-Of-Roth

13. Thanked VHscraps for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (02-12-2013)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Note his comments about "You should see my x-rays".

I think he is VERY aware of time slipping away.

But as even HE said a couple of times......and we have all known this for decades, Uncle Dave does not like to let the grass grow beneath his feet.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    So, what should Dave do, wait for Edwad ??

Or play the fair circuit with Lowery ??
    I think Dave should do what he wants to do. I read back in 2010 that Dave was worth about 40 Million at that time. I'm sure the last tour didn't hurt his bank account. I admire him for not wanting to rest on what they have done and draw a pay day whenever Ed feels like rolling out. If he wants to make new music and it meant playing clubs again who gives a shit?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Ed's got a lotta physical ailments. Sad thing is, he's at a stage of life where odds are the best he can hope for is to retain what he has left. At the beginning of 2012 when Roth was extrapolating on how the ADKOT tour was gonna take the band through all of 2012 and beyond, well, as much as I would have liked to have seen that happen I wouldn't have wagered money on it: Roth and the Van Halens aren't spring chickens.

I'd imagine it must be frustrating for Dave to think that he's been working with the band for 6 1/2 years now and all that has transpired are two tours and an album that relied heavily on reworked old demos. In some ways, it must be like Chinese water torture for him when considering the amount of stuff Roth did between 1996 and 2006: regardless of the commerical success of the ventures, one can't say Dave wasn't active.

It is encouraging to read that Roth is still open to (in fact, advocating) Mike Anthony's return to the band. At least Dave still gets the notion that, as good as what the band has done with Wolfgang is (and I'll give the kid credit), one has to believe that a large number of fans still want to see the CVH lineup working again...even if it is just for one last hurrah...be it an album, a tour or both.

But the band (to throw out an overused phrase) is what it is now. While one would hope that Ed is just recovering physically and the hiatus is temporary, it could well be that Ed is mentally somewhere else/not on the same page as Dave in terms of where Van Halen goes from here.

Hey, if it's all done, so be it. This band created some of my favorite rock music. There's no point for me to lament time misused or things they could have done "if only". As a fan, I'm at a place where win, lose or draw re: the future, I'm cool with whatever.

17. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

hambon4lif (02-13-2013),TJMKID (02-12-2013)

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Lots going on in my head after reading that D-Ro interview - so bear with me as this may be all over the place. One: I admire Dave's energy and his passion to be creative, to always be learning. He seems to be the eternal student - always wanting to expand his knowledge and explore his territory. This was quite honestly the best interview I've read from Dave in probably the last decade, if not longer. Full of fire and pulling no punches, our man made it clear that he's never going to be content resting on his laurels waiting for Edward. And while I applaud his frankness in this matter, I can't help but see some synchronicity with 1985, and again in 1996. Am I reading to much into the past here? Most definitely. But then again, here is a band that never seems to learn from their mistakes.

Two: Michael Anthony. I mean... Holy Jack Daniels! I didn't see that coming. I never thought DLR gave MA a second thought, particularly now that Wolfie appears to be a permanent fixture in the band. While I wholeheartedly agree with his sentiment (bringing Michael back, if not for a new album then at least for a guest appearance on a future tour) is a smart move financially and may provide the catalyst for a proper 'farewell' tour, since it seems that is the direction Ed is heading anyway. I'm thrilled that Dave made his feelings known about this as it is a bit of closure that is near and dear to true Van Halen fans - but I'm also shocked and apprehensive that Dave made his feelings known about this. With Wolfie being the key band member in this discussion - any wrong move could bring the wrath of Ed, and like I said - this band never seems to learn from its mistakes...

Three: Alex Van Halen. Good buddies with Dave? Talking on the phone every day? Wanting to bring Van Halen to a new generation of fans? My gut feeling on this is great - love to hear this. But I also think Al's main focus with Van Halen has got to be his brother's health. I think that no matter how Al feels about the future of the band, he will always defer to Ed. And who knows - Ed may have said, I don't want to tour again. The temptation to take a drink is too great. I've been sober for too long to screw this up now. I'd rather not tour and stay clean than risk falling off the wagon . Of course, this is all just speculation on my part - but bottom line is: Al is going to take care of his little brother (the 2004 train wreck illustrates perfectly why forcing a tour when Ed is not mentally stable is not a good idea). If nothing else, I feel that an open line of dialogue between Dave and Al may lead to the vaults being open someday and some of those classic live performances finally seeing the light of day.

Four: A Jukebox Musical? We've all heard of Dave's John 5 project - but a musical? And yet - in the grand scheme of all things DLR - it seems to make perfect sense. What the hell. Why not? I'd go see it. Probably buy the soundtrack too. Again - this gives me deja-vu of Diamond Dave getting restless back in the mid 80's waiting for Ed and wanting to keep himself busy. I'll say this: the guy never ceases to amaze me. His interests are varied and wide, and he's never been satisfied with the status quo (hence his 'heavy metal' comment regarding the band being pigeonholed into a category when it comes to playing to a younger crowd at festivals).

Five: Hope. My immediate reaction to this article was: "VH is fucked." What can I say - we probably all feel a little gun-shy with this stuff considering Van Halen's history of self destruction. However, I do have a certain degree of hope. A bit of optimism if you will. While I am immensely grateful for 'A Different Kind of Truth' - which itself is the most incredible swan song a band could ever have - I can't help but feel the 2012 tour was not the farewell David Lee Roth was hoping for. I'll be the first to admit it: Dave was the weak link on that tour and didn't always sound the greatest. I think he could do better. I think he wants to do better. I think he knows in his heart that selling out MSG for two nights in New York is not going to happen on his own, and he's not quite ready to give up that rush. A proper tour in which they're all 85% healthy (because lets face it - at their age they're never going to be 100% healthy) and possibly adding Michael Anthony in the mix seems like the best way to draw the kind of crowd Dave is aiming for. Plus they haven't played the Super Bowl yet - so they can't break up!

When the dust has cleared from this interview, I'm hoping to see... something. What I don't want to hear is: No news is good news. I don't want silence. I don't want Ed pouting down in 5150 that "Dave is just being Dave and I can't work with the guy." I'm hoping for baby steps - like Wolfie finishing up his commitment to Tremonti. Like Ed fully recovering from his latest surgery. Like Van Halen playing their shows in Japan. They seemed to be on such a roll in 2012 - I'm hoping Dave's Rolling Stone interview is simply the start of something amazing in 2013 and beyond.

We have to hope. We're Van Halen fans. It's what we do.

Stay Frosty.

19. 14 users say thank you to Zing! for this KICKASS post:

CreatureFrmTheC (02-16-2013),DLR Bridge (02-12-2013),fraroc (02-12-2013),IceCreamBlondie (02-14-2013),jhale667 (02-12-2013),Nickdfresh (02-13-2013),private parts (02-13-2013),SparkieD (02-14-2013),SunisinuS (02-12-2013),Terry (02-13-2013),ThatArtGuy (02-12-2013),TJMKID (02-12-2013),Tot Brengen (02-13-2013),vandeleur (02-13-2013)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girth View Post
    What I am wondering about is the "big surprise" or "something big" comment about early this year -which is now. What was being referenced at that time that couldn't be discussed further?

No doom and gloom here - just honesty that I think is finally appreciated by the bro's now.

Girth
    I'm afraid that is the new box set with no extra tracks.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 11:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I like what Dave had to say.

To tell ya the truth, I'm tired of all their bullshit.
    I have 7 great albums from them, I can't decide which one i want to listen too more .

Fuck Eddie vanhalen , he's a lazy fucking snob, I hope he has fun smokin meth for the rest of his life up in his mansion, I couldn't care less.

22. 2 users say thank you to vh rides again for this KICKASS post:

1980Invasion (02-13-2013),TJMKID (02-12-2013)

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hasnt wrote new stuff with EVH in 20 years?
    Stay Frosty ????
    Wasn't that just in The Roth Show ?
    As Scooby Doo would say " Rut Roh Shaggy"...

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    06-10-2015 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    you know what, Wolfgang is young and should be running with the younger crowd (and players) of his age. Michael Anthony should be back in the band but if not no biggie. Dave said there is no bigger joy then playing with the brothers, so he's not pissed at Edward, Dave just wants to play and have fun. I'm glad Alex and Dave talk all the time, I'm glad he asked them to all get together in Hawaii (but I guess Edward didn't want to). I love that Dave has worked with John 5, who I think is (at this time) a better player then Edward (no disrespect), also Rob Zombie & Marylin Manson are in this project with Dave & John. They will (Van Halen) play again together but I just think things will be different and for the good.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mh5150 View Post
    Stay Frosty ????
    He corrected himself in the article....

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    God Dammit.

Fuck they couldn't wait until they wrote at least one more fuckin' album.

Next: Eddie: The lead singer want's to make a movie (a musical). Alex: I will egg him on like in 96'. Eddie, Van Halen is now a 3 piece...with Tremonti on Guest lead vocals (he is my soul mate). Dave becomes Liberace.

Guess you were right Palin': That hopey changey thing didn't work out for me.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mh5150 View Post
    Stay Frosty ????
    He wrote all of it, the words and the music, Ed didn't contribute.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2018 @ 08:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Am hoping that things have simply slowed down a bit (due to Eddies health, lifestyle)
    and that things are not over for good.

Just hope they do not try to wait another 10-12 years......

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,445 Posts

The déjà vu thing is a bit crazy, when you think of it. John 5 is Vai this time around. Rainbow Bar & Grill is the Crazy From The Heat movie this time around.

The new key player to all of this is the Internet. Back in the '80s, trouble took it's sweet time brewing in cheesy metal mag rumors and MTV hype. These days, every remark hits everyone's eyes and ears immediately and draws instant ire and almost equally instant retaliation. What does Ed think about this latest interview? I'll bet we're gonna know soon enough.

I'd like to think Ed will atleast understand where Dave is coming from regarding the bulk of this, but I fear he may be set off by the manner in which it was done. Dave used the word "disappointment" atleast 3 times. That could yield a retort along the lines of "nobody's holding holding you hostage. If you're unhappy, there's the door." That would surely suck.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    11-03-2018 @ 10:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well, we waited for over five years for DLR to tell us what was really going on with the band.

Now we know.

31. 4 users say thank you to atlantakat for this KICKASS post:

1980Invasion (02-13-2013),IceCreamBlondie (02-14-2013),Terry (02-13-2013),twobad (02-13-2013)

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-19-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    "Sometimes friends of ours have Maserati-style talent and they treat it like a fucking lawn mower."
    I really hate those moments when you're reading an article and that one single phrase just pops out, encapsulating your present point in life perfectly, while delivering a swift kick right in the nuts...
    Last edited by Coyote; 02-12-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Heisenberg
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-23-2020 @ 03:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vh rides again View Post

I have 7 great albums from them, I can't decide which one i want to listen too more .

Fuck Eddie vanhalen , he's a lazy fucking snob, I hope he has fun smokin meth for the rest of his life up in his mansion, I couldn't care less.
    FUCK YOU.

You little cocksucking piece of shit GOOF.

Eddie was sick and in the hospital. Maybe he has depression or doesn't feel like doing anything this year. He ROCKED the FUCKING SHIT outta VH less than a year ago, and some snivelling little internet puke like you chooses to mouth off . FUCK YOU and evryone else just like you.

Eddie was right about the internet. Too many fucking critics mouthing off. Fuck off.

34. 3 users say thank you to big fatty for this KICKASS post:

CreatureFrmTheC (02-16-2013),DLR Bridge (02-12-2013),fraroc (02-12-2013)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by big fatty View Post
    FUCK YOU.

Eddie was sick and in the hospital. Maybe he has depression or doesn't feel like doing anything this year. He ROCKED the FUCKING SHIT outta VH less than a year ago, and some snivelling little internet puke like you chooses to mouth off . FUCK YOU and evryone else just like you.

Eddie was right about the internet. Too many fucking critics mouthing off. Fuck off.
    There's a whole lotta Shakesphere going on in here too.

36. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Terry (02-13-2013)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VHscraps View Post
    Think it might be this - 'Gripes of Roth', by James Halbert:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?3399-Interview-w-DLR-The-Gripes-Of-Roth
    Yes!! Thank you!

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As far as the 'their not getting any younger' angle, they're always gonna be younger than Cheap Trick who's always gonna be younger than the Rolling Stones. Ailments or none, these guys are far from geriatric. Sadly, it's the time wasting Dave has always spoke of that is their greatest enemy.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Krustina? is that you?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, the world needs a bunch of CVH songs retooled into dance music. Dave must be thinking how auto-tune might be just the ticket he needs. Getting MA back would certainly make Daves shitty live vocals a bit easier to take as it seems he wants one more stab at glory. Andrew Dice Clay always talks about selling out the Garden 2 nights in a row, you know, resting on his laurels. Now DRo is doing the same? And now a musical? C'mon Dave, give us a break. A little of you goes a long way. Maybe Ed isnt ready to deal with all that again.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Basically this..

That is a great interview.

DLR: We were always disagreeing, we were always at each other's throats about what was the appropriate thing to do, but it was that belligerent, confrontational chemistry that created the music you grew up to. When the guys became relaxed and comfortable with Sam Hagar it was lost. But it doesn't need to be lost forever. I actually consider that chemistry to be a positive force, one that could bode well for the future. We could pick up the gauntlet tomorrow. I'm completely up for that; always have been.

Now, Dave just needs to be careful with that gauntlet.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big fatty View Post
    FUCK YOU.

This is obviously your first time around with the vanhalen saga.

This is 1985 all over again, almost note for note

If you think Eddie vanhalen is sitting up in his house waiting to get well enough to record a new album, your a dumb fuck.
    Dave's remark about a lawn mower is a bullseye. Eddie vanhalen is a waste of space up in the Cali hills, he should go rent a fucking shack somewhere like the unibomber.
    Eddie vanhalen gave a half assed attempt at a new album, all he did was listen to some 35 year old demos and learn how to play them again so he could rape you of 135 bucks at a concert .
    He's a lazy fucking asshole that doesn't give a shit about anything .

He's probably tearing his house to pieces over what Dave said at this moment.

Vanhalen was done in 85, get over it.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    I'll be the first to admit it: Dave was the weak link on that tour
    I think I was the first...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I am tired of it as well. I got 7 great albums. Got to see 3/4 VH again.

If they imploded tomorrow I would be fine with it.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-12-2013 at 10:43 PM.

45. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

SilvioDante (02-13-2013),Terry (02-13-2013)

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Frankly, I would prefer the EEAS band to get back together as oppose to waiting on Eddie. It would be a hell of a lot more productive, that's for damn sure.

47. 2 users say thank you to BITEYOASS for this KICKASS post:

dave_is_vh (02-13-2013),Hardrock69 (02-12-2013)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    your a dumb fuck.
    The Army jokes just write themselves...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think it's a honest look into what Dave is thinking. I don't have much of a problem with the guy stating that hey we are not getting any younger here. If we are going to do a album of new stuff, and play some gigs let's get the show on the road ! That's what I got out of it. He didn't mention Ed's health but it wasn't brought up by the interviewer. This guy has never sat still ! Why would he now ? He wants too work. I think he gave hints he is willing to move on without Van Halen if the wait is too long. At the same time he brings up talking to Al every day and the Japan shows in a few months so...........I have no problem with him bringing up Mike. It was a class move by Dave. I don't take it as him disrespecting Wolf at all. It looks like from all the videos I have watched from the 2 tours he interacts with the kid alot on stage. He just thinks Mike should be up there instead. Ed might not like it but that's Ed. He doesn't seem like a reasonable guy to me. I mean fuck how cold for Mike to not even get a call from Ed saying hey man I want to play with my kid. But thanks for everything over the years. Not to mention trying to erase him for the artwork on their website ! That was pathetic ! As far as the Jump thing I couldn't care less. I don't think the original is much of a Van Halen song so if they want to fuck with it to get it played in clubs for the next 20 years so what. Now if he wants to fuck with Unchained I might have to say come on Dave give me a fucking break ! But Dave rules. He can do what he wants. I personally want him in Van Halen. But an active Van Halen !

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Although Honest he could have done it equally Honest. He could have said....I tell Eddie Van Halen every day if you want to write new music...give me absolutely no sign.

If you want me to go ahead and start making new music while you take a time out, give me absolutely no sign.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Well I have to say to Dave. Hey Dave if you want to know what the hell Ed is thinking fucking call him ! How hard is that ? I mean he is talking to Al daily it sounds like. At their age if Dave needs to go through Al to try and fiqure out what Ed is up to give me a break ! Kind of silly at this point. Even with all the Van Halan antics over the years/decades. Not that I would want to talk to that miserable guy !

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I'd like to think Ed will atleast understand where Dave is coming from regarding the bulk of this, but I fear he may be set off by the manner in which it was done. Dave used the word "disappointment" atleast 3 times. That could yield a retort along the lines of "nobody's holding holding you hostage. If you're unhappy, there's the door." That would surely suck.

This Dave article is starting to remind me of how 1996 went down --- Samborita getting pissed about being jerked around by the VH sisters --- EVH responding with "There's no I in team, Sam" and then before you know it, Ed is calling up Haggis and telling him "You jerk, you never do what I say, you liked being a solo artist, so you might as well go back to being one". I think Eddie's financial situation was pretty decent in '96 and he figured either getting Dave back or hiring a new singer would still be a viable way to generate millions for his piggy bank, so dump the Ched Head like dirty laundry and be done with that headache.

2013 could unfold the same way. EVH is living off the interest on the millions he earned from the last 2 tours and now he's not afraid to tell Dave to take a hike if he bad-mouths him in the media and doesn't want to be a "team player" (ie, writing an album with John 5). I think the idea that Dave wants Mike back to replace Wolfgang is probably burning a new hole in Eddie's colon. How dare Dave not respect Wolfie the Saviour? Ed is likely already thinking about calling Sambo up for a Van Haggard reunion tour in 2014 for a quickie $50 million cash grab and why the hell not get Sobolewski back for cheap if it helps sell tickets? Wolfie could be "backup bassist" and still be the Saviour. It all makes sense now. Dem wheels are spinning inside the brilliant pea brain of EVH.

Last edited by TJMKID; 02-12-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information