X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    It's Australia, not some third world county. You think they don't know Van Halen? If they know Aerosmith and loved them so much, they sure as hell know Van Halen. But with only a couple shows on the docket at places they haven't been in forever (except for WI) do you really think they are going to plan a whole new set and learn new [old] songs?

Also there are only a small percentage of us "die-hards" left that would know the more obscure. Do you really think they are going to gear an entire show for us? That would just be stupid!

Look at how many regulars there are at this site and the others? Are we going to fill the stadiums? Of course not! You are going to get the corporate yahoos that know nothing about the band, the casual fans that think it would be cool to say they saw the legendary Van Halen even if they only know Jump and Panama, and those that loved them way back when, then went away as they got older with different priorities but just want to relive their youth for one night. That's who's filling the seats these days. The band knows that and that's who they are going to play for. Us "die-hards" aren't going to pay their bills.
    Well, I'd check the chart stats on that. OK, I haven't but Aerosmith are just more well-known. I think when I say 'hits' I am thinking chart hits, whereas for you folks in the US / Canada, radio hits are HITS. In Van Halen's heyday a hit in this part of the world could only have one meaning - Top 40. That's all I am saying - you can count their Australian 'hits' on the fingers of one hand.

And that has zero to do with Australia being a 'backward country'.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VHscraps
      And that has zero to do with Australia being a 'backward country'.
      upside down
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
        upside down
        Indeed! I used to dig holes in my back garden when I was a kid because I thought if I did it for long enough I'd reach Australia - as did many other kids, I'm sure ...
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VHscraps
          Indeed! I used to dig holes in my back garden when I was a kid because I thought if I did it for long enough I'd reach Australia - as did many other kids, I'm sure ...
          we finally got the hole done and a burnt up kangaroo carcass came up on it's head
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by pete's brother
            we finally got the hole done and a burnt up kangaroo carcass came up on it's head
            what the ?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
              what the ?

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                what the ?
                It's caused by the center of the Earth being full of molten lava. Some folks claim it to be hell, but many of us believe that hell is merely other people.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  It's caused by the center of the Earth being full of molten lava. Some folks claim it to be hell, but many of us believe that hell is merely other people.
                  it makes a good roo roaster

Comment

• Silexxx
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2010

Tattoo.

Comment

• Silexxx
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Sep 2010

Doctor and China Town.

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Just an FYI to Aerosmith fans - don't know if this has been posted elsewhere - if so, apologies...

Aerosmith Bassist Tom Hamilton Forced to Leave Australian Tour

By Jon Wiederhorn

Aerosmith will play the last two shows of their Australian tour without bassist Tom Hamilton, who has gone back home to recover from a chest infection. In his place, the band flew in Dirty Angels founder David Hull to Melbourne for last night’s show at the Melbourne Myer Music Bowl.

Hull is expected to remain with Aerosmith for at least the final two dates of their Australian tour, May 1 in Brisbane and May 4 in Melbourne. It is unclear whether Hamilton will be ready to rejoin the band in time for their May 8 show in Manila, Philippines or their May 11 concert in Jakarta, Indonesia. After that, the band will take a two month breaking after the Jakarta show, leaving Hamilton plenty of time to recover. Aerosmith is currently touring for its latest album Music From Another Dimension, which came out November 6, 2012 and debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 200 album chart.

Hull is no stranger to the Aerosmith camp. He is a member of guitarist Joe Perry’s side band The Joe Perry Project and filled in for Hamilton during Aerosmith’s entire Root of All Evil Tour in 2006 while the bassist was recovering from throat cancer. Hull stood in for Hamilton again for several shows three years later during the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Presents tour while Hamilton recuperated from minor surgery. Hull is also a solo artist who released the album Soul in Motion in 2010 and has written music for films and TV shows, including NCIS.
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx

Tattoo.
                          "Tattoo"'s still one of my fave ADKOT songs - they really rendered it, though the screamed vocal parts were tough for Dave
                          who sounded a bit "asthmatic"...
                          That's how it goes on stage when you've sung your lungs and guts out in the studio, it's hard to get close to it.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

hey clara!!!! this is the aussie space program for easy upskirt views...

aussie rocket.jpg

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              hey clara!!!! this is the aussie space program for easy upskirt views...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9938[/ATTACH]
                              I haz me some new pics from, Vacation Cat!©®™

Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-22-2013, 06:47 PM.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...