Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

you'll all excuse my scepticism i hope...

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I thought VH was playing Aussieland and Japan in April/May anyway? What is this rubbish about a "single show"???

Comment

• Jetstream
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2011

I can hear Edward now talking to the band, "Ok, we are going to take baby steps...just one show, let us not talk about anything else."
          Dave then responds, "That is bullshit, they are gonna ask what the future plans are...are we really just coming here for one show when we like have hardly ever been here."
          Edward then retorts while Dave's dog Russ starts growling at Ed's dog Kody who is taking nips as him, "Shut up or I will kick you in the balls."
          In the corner of the room, Al continues a lecture on how Starbucks coffee is about selling milk to Wolfgang
          I got lost in the...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

If Ed crawled back into the Smoking Loon bottle, we're fucked.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Kicking ass and taking names. Mike was even cool.

I'll have The Bull.
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-17-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Hey Bill. I didn't know you were an actor. Them girls didn't earn their keep on the dance floor that's for sure. LOL!

Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-17-2013, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You gotta wonder if there's any tapes of those club gigs out there somewhere that are actually listenable.

I probably have a copy of that Gazzari's show somewhere, but it's one I downloaded in MP3 form back in the Napster days, and never bothered upgrading it, because the FLAC version wouldn't have sounded any better.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    You gotta wonder if there's any tapes of those club gigs out there somewhere that are actually listenable.

I probably have a copy of that Gazzari's show somewhere, but it's one I downloaded in MP3 form back in the Napster days, and never bothered upgrading it, because the FLAC version wouldn't have sounded any better.
                    It would be nice to have good video and recordings but I'm glad we have something of a historical record.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I just can't believe by the mid 70's nobody got a better recording than that. Shit, I've heard early Quarrymen (Beatles) demos from fucking 1958 that sound better than these tapes, and you know John & Paul probably weren't using a top of the line multi-track recorder in those days.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Dave is going gray. I'm going gray. We all are going gray. Lame.

Van Halen, Billy Joel heading Down Under

Kathy McCabe, National Music Writer
                        February 17, 2013 3:05PM
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Angel
                          The Van Halen a Different Kind of Timeline FB page has posted it...
                          That page has some amazing pictures.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VHscraps
                            Maybe my mind is befuddled, but I seem to remember reading an interview with Billy Joel back in the 80s, and I am pretty certain that he said Eddie Van Halen had met with him about the possibility of co-producing what became the album 5150 ...
                            I thought the story was that Joel asked Ed to produce Storm Front and Ed was a little to drunk and coked up to pull it together and do it.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

If this is legit, that God damn Buck Cherry better start thanking their lucky stars. They put out a powerful first CD and have followed it with shit ever since. An now they have a new one out whereby all of the songs are based on the seven sins. There's a page torn right from the Spinal Tap play book for ya.
                              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-17-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ashstralia
                                you'll all excuse my scepticism i hope...
                                Indeed ...

ya know, I was at Glenn Hughes's Facebook yesterday and today, and he is in Kings of Chaos. Apparently second on the bill on Van Halen's day. He was interacting with people on there yesterday while he was waiting to catch a flight at Minneapolis airport. I posted something about the Stone music festival TWICE, saying "see ya there fella", and after a while both posts disappeared.

So, I'm wondering why does he not want his fans to know about this? The gig looks like a big deal to me - you'd think he'd wanna sell some tickets.

It's 8 weeks to go, and no one is talking about this, apart from this interview with a guy called 'Lee Roth' and a couple of stories that are just taking the same info from the original interview.

Excuse my scepticism ... !! Even if VH have agreed to this, my guess is that the ticket sales will be so poor that it is cancelled.

I guess I am getting so exercised by this because if it was true, I'm thinking of making the trip - seeing as I can't see them coming to Europe, and I have time and funds, whereas I didn't have with the US tour in 2012. But, heck, air fares are fckn non-refundable. I just wish they'd make an official announcement on the band website that they are doing it.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...