X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Pretender's Thread

Is it just me, or is The Pretender's Thread fucked up in the Music Forum? I can't respond to the final post (if I wanted to respond) and it just seem to finish loading...

• chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

That is strange, as I can not get beyond post #26 (it literally stops loading roughly 3/4s of the way through the post). I tried refreshing the page, to no avail, and bear in mind I'm using No Script, which helps when a thread has a high number of taxing videos included.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

I KNOW!! I saw it this morning and was gonna write about it now when I got off from work. So strange!
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

It's happened to me too...

I usually log out/log in, and then it should work.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          That is strange, as I can not get beyond post #26 (it literally stops loading roughly 3/4s of the way through the post). I tried refreshing the page, to no avail, and bear in mind I'm using No Script, which helps when a thread has a high number of taxing videos included.
          Yep...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            It's happened to me too...

I usually log out/log in, and then it should work.....
            It don't. I even tried a cache reboot (ctrl+F5) and that didn't work. I think the YouTube scripts might be fucking things up?

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Maybe if some of the posts containing Youtube videos were to be edited with a link to the video in question instead of having the video itself in the post.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

I have been wanting to mention something to VA but, dood has enough to do, it may just be me and my underground kink that somehow I am fighting the system by still running IE7 and refusing to download 8 and get with the sheep.

Ok, here how it go: on every page including the Front Page of the Forum, the tile page we have the, Chat Box.

No matter how many pages we open up deeper and deepr into thread it needs to load and slows down my loading of the next page. Waiting for it's program to load all the way along with the viewing of the pages.

This may have been what was going on, the chat box takes some bit rates off your load I don't know why it's instant message sofware? Is additional to the VBulletin..

Is there any way to have the chat box not linked to every header on every page.

Just on the Forum Front Page.

...or you can say no fuck off carrot and get with the sheep, putz...it is just you and that wasn't the problems at all, you demanding little prick and why haven't you donated in 2 years... jeez some people...
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

You can mention it to me all you want, I can't do anything about it, I don't have the keys to make any of those types of changes to the site....

You can PM Sarge and maybe he can look into it....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    You can mention it to me all you want, I can't do anything about it, I don't have the keys to make any of those types of changes to the site....

You can PM Sarge and maybe he can look into it....

I can dig that but I wouldn't PM Sarge if I was wishing for a reinstatement after my banning.

The only time I have is to let him know I was a paying customer a couple times...I figure that is the news, worthy of PM'ing the big dog.

I figure he must get enough of those PM's titled waaah wahhh wahhh someone deleted my post....help me sarge...or poster/mod "X" needs to be banned what should we do, Sarge??

I was just using the chain of command and making a suggestion.

I don't even know if it is possible or would make any difference in load times or I just need to update and quit playing underground resistance fighter, with no- cause.

Thanks, VA.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

We might need some minor updates of vBulletin for stability stuff....

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                        I can dig that but I wouldn't PM Sarge
                        then move on or start another thread in feedback.
                        preferably one where you get to the point in the first sentence.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                          then move on or start another thread in feedback.
                          preferably one where you get to the point in the first sentence.

Just a little back story baby.

..and I had moved on with the closing words... Thanks,VA.

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                            Just a little back story baby.

..and I had moved on with the closing words... Thanks,VA.
                            Maybe you should go ahead with creating a thread. Maybe there are more users then you that feel the same way. If there are, then great that you brought it up. If there aren't then maybe nothing will happend, but at least you did your part :-)

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by envy_me
                              Maybe you should go ahead with creating a thread. Maybe there are more users then you that feel the same way. If there are, then great that you brought it up. If there aren't then maybe nothing will happend, but at least you did your part :-)
                              I made the observation and statement to VA other Mods saw it..I am not the kind to use PM for frivilous issues and certainly won't bother Sarge personally, we can continue it in this thread or you can come clean and say you have the same issue and start the thread I won't feel slighted or anything,...this thread is perhaps done because I think the issue in the, Pretenders Thread was solved hrs ago.

I will let you or others make the issue known furthur if need be, and start a thread if you wish but just me ...I am tired somewhat of making statements about issues here and standing alone in the line of fire.

Those are on a site topic, discussing type level. I am not going to start bagging on the software that is out of my expertise. I tried that once and got strangled.

Comment

Working...