Woot! Danica Patrick Nabs Pole Position (????) In Daytona 500!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
    it hurts me to hear your critique mate; here it is covered to the tiniest bolt, and what it does for the race car... don't miss it!!

did you guys know the in car cam was perfected here?
    You have to realise that here, the racing is cut/edited in such a way as to fit into a certain time span that includes commercial interruptions, yet must still fit within the parameters of the broadcast schedule. As a result, no matter what the product is you might be seeing locally, here, it is a cut to pieces, jumbled up mess that is nearly impossible to follow.

I guess the blame can be evenly split amongst the American tv programmers and the racing sanctioning body that allow such a mediocre broadcast to go forward. And it's a crying shame, as I stated earlier, the racing (from what I've been able to discern) appears to be terrific. It reminds me of what used to be referred to as saloon car racing from Europe in the 1980s, and although hard to find on tv, was always a rewarding experience.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
      You have to realise that here, the racing is cut/edited in such a way as to fit into a certain time span that includes commercial interruptions, yet must still fit within the parameters of the broadcast schedule. As a result, no matter what the product is you might be seeing locally, here, it is a cut to pieces, jumbled up mess that is nearly impossible to follow.

I guess the blame can be evenly split amongst the American tv programmers and the racing sanctioning body that allow such a mediocre broadcast to go forward. And it's a crying shame, as I stated earlier, the racing (from what I've been able to discern) appears to be terrific. It reminds me of what used to be referred to as saloon car racing from Europe in the 1980s, and although hard to find on tv, was always a rewarding experience.
      They're starting to do more picture in picture in Nascar during the commercials so you don't miss as much.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...