Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woot! Danica Patrick Nabs Pole Position (????) In Daytona 500!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    So the safety police made it boring? It's car racing. It's supposed to be dangerous. People don't come to see the race. They come to see the crash. People who want a safe job become accountants.
    Yeah well, they don't come to races to have stock cars land in their laps...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    injuring or killing your fan base is pretty much a bad idea.
    True. Ok if the drivers kill each other though.

They oughta allow vehicles that look like shit out of Road Warrior, complete with flame throwers, cow-catchers, spiked wheels and all that other shit.

You get a big payout just for finishing the race at all, much less placing in it.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-24-2013 at 06:59 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Racing with no torque is like fucking with no dick.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    NASCAR's are powered with crude, retrograde technology that lacks sophistication. The 150mph billboard thing is also way overdone and annoying as shit with every square inch of the cars festooned with some stupid engine additive or tampons..
    People can choose to like or dislike whatever they want. No matter how much it pisses you off.
    Beware of Dog

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    People can choose to like or dislike whatever they want. No matter how much it pisses you off.
    Pissed off? I could give a fuck what people like...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pissed off? I could give a fuck what people like...
    Is that from the trollMod manifesto?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is that from the trollMod manifesto?
    For fucks sake can you stfu and give it a rest for ONE fucking thread with that shit?

Or do you really need to whine about mods here EVERY FUCKING THREAD?

If only you cared this much about getting a job.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah well, they don't come to races to have stock cars land in their laps...
    Some come to watch stock cars land in the laps of others.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    street circuits are a lot more interesting than a constant left hand turn.

this is why F1 and our V8 supercar series is more of a spectacle. nissan and mercedes have entered the comp here this year; next weekend's clipsal 500 will be compelling viewing. racing 10/10ths through the streets of adelaide in 700hp tintops.

if you're a fan of motorsport, try and find it (or a replay) on your local tv

fastdatsun.jpg
    Last edited by ashstralia; 02-25-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    street circuits are a lot more interesting than a constant left hand turn.

this is why F1 and our V8 supercar series is more of a spectacle. nissan and mercedes have entered the comp here this year; next weekend's clipsal 500 will be compelling viewing. racing 10/10ths through the streets of adelaide in 700hp tintops.

if you're a fan of motorsport, try and find it (or a replay) on your local tv
    The biggest issue involving the supercars here in the states isn't the competition, which appears to be terrific. It has more to do with the appallingly poor coverage of what is going on. Apparently, there isn't much of a budget for televising these events, which means only a handful of cameras cover things, leading to howlingly awful cuts from the front to the back of the pack, missed passes for the lead and virtually zero replays of anything. And the announcers certainly do not help matters, more often than not getting involved in a discussion that has little (if anything) to do with the action they are supposed to be describing.

Hell, even the log-heads at F-1 figured this out and brought in the pros from SPEED TV to handle things. At the moment, Formula One racing is the best covered racing sport there is, while NASCAR seems to be relegated to an awkward NFL-like broadcast scheme that is not only off-putting at times, yet it is highly insulting to both the fans and the subject at hand.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    That race absolutely sucked....
    More or less yeah... But it somewhat beat the tandum crap we've had the last couple of years.

If they can figure out an aero adjustment that will allow more side by side drafting or less disruption then I think good racing could resume at Daytona & Talledegga.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The thing is that currently, the only place to run is the outside lane. Drop low, and the laws of physics and inertia demand that you are forced to go slower.

Also, the front and rear bumpers of the new cars are now all different, so any normal form of drafting has been chucked straight out of the window. No one wants to see a return to the 2 car jitterbug racing from the past few seasons, but crap, this event was tedious to watch. Even seeing a Lionel train set run around your Christmas tree would be more riveting.

Even stranger, NASCAR has introduced a bigger rear wing to increase down-force at non-super speedways. Which means that the races from Phoenix, Las Vegas, LA and Kansas should become even more ponderous. Seriously, if the name of each track wasn't posted on the grandstands, could you conceivably tell them apart?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some come to watch stock cars land in the laps of others.
    Much like football, sitting home and watching it on TV is now much better for that!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looks like we are back to freight train, single file racing, where no one car has the power to pass another. This is progress? Probably the biggest racing snore-fest I've seen in years. Too bad it wasn't a night race, I could have gone to bed early...then again, I would have missed the Walking Dead and Bar Rescue.
    It was better than the two car pack racing that's gone on for the last couple years. That was boring.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The thing is that currently, the only place to run is the outside lane. Drop low, and the laws of physics and inertia demand that you are forced to go slower.

Also, the front and rear bumpers of the new cars are now all different, so any normal form of drafting has been chucked straight out of the window. No one wants to see a return to the 2 car jitterbug racing from the past few seasons, but crap, this event was tedious to watch. Even seeing a Lionel train set run around your Christmas tree would be more riveting.

Even stranger, NASCAR has introduced a bigger rear wing to increase down-force at non-super speedways. Which means that the races from Phoenix, Las Vegas, LA and Kansas should become even more ponderous. Seriously, if the name of each track wasn't posted on the grandstands, could you conceivably tell them apart?
    They were talking about raising the cars up to increase competition but after this it won't happen.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    For fucks sake can you stfu and give it a rest for ONE fucking thread with that shit?

Or do you really need to whine about mods here EVERY FUCKING THREAD?

If only you cared this much about getting a job.....
    I see you're here to talk about Nascar. Good post.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They were talking about raising the cars up to increase competition but after this it won't happen.
    Remember around five years ago when the crews would set up the cars to virtually run sideways down the straights like crabs in order to deal with the aero package and negotiate the turns? I wonder how long things will go on (probably about two weeks) until we see a return to that baloney.

Even better, I can't wait for the hype and fascination about this Gen 6 car to wear off, and Kyle Busch starts telling anyone who'll listen that in fact, the thing's a turd and quite frankly, sucks.

"Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" my ass.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Remember around five years ago when the crews would set up the cars to virtually run sideways down the straights like crabs in order to deal with the aero package and negotiate the turns? I wonder how long things will go on (probably about two weeks) until we see a return to that baloney.

Even better, I can't wait for the hype and fascination about this Gen 6 car to wear off, and Kyle Busch starts telling anyone who'll listen that in fact, the thing's a turd and quite frankly, sucks.

"Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" my ass.
    At least the manufacturers are making a little effort to make cars that look somewhat like the ones they run in Nascar. The new Chevy looks like something that might catch on.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To me, it's just to early to tell. A restrictor plated race is no guarantee or barometer of what can play out over an inexcusably long season with several different sized (but mostly anonymous) featured tracks. Having the best aero package means little at destruction derby tracks like Bristol, Martinsville and even Richmond, so the real proof will come down not to a manufacturer's ability to replicate a show room model, but as to how fast the car is and precisely who is driving the damned thing. And at this point, it appears that even you or I could get behind the wheel and do a reasonable job. And if we wreck? Hell son, even Stewart and Harvick can manage that.

Seriously, Jeff Gordon gets a Twinkie wrapper on the front of his car, and the whole thing is so fragile that it overheats and sends him to the rear of the pack for the majority of the race? Sort of sends the message that a potential car buyer shouldn't think about driving a Chevy unless the weather is perfect, ya know?

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have seen some stuff from Monza. But never Nascar.
    Is that the same thing?
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    Ill probably watch the beginning and end of this..these driver intros are awkward..funny to watch
    Kind of like rHomo playing QB

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    I have seen some stuff from Monza. But never Nascar.
    Is that the same thing?
    Without all the corners and teeth

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have seen some stuff from Monza.
    Is that a cheese?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

It seems with lowering the side panels along with that new side shelf in the body profile has created a side draft that really inhibits passing. Also noticed there were people actually getting loose which was rare in the COT cars... plus it was mostly the upper groove cars getting loose. There was a turbulence in the Gen 4 cars that allowed freight trains but at least multiple grooves. I'd rather see that than this single groove freight trains.

Can't say what this Gen-6 car will do at intermediate tracks... allegedly it's supposed to increase grip and lessen aero-sensitivity to allow more side by side racing... We'll know in a few weeks if that's the case.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Is that a cheese?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    LOL No It's Monza... It's just Monza. How do you explain it. It's a city with races.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You won't see that anymore... NASCAR introduced about 20 pages of rear end camber and rear axle offset specs. They even designed a laser rack at inspection that will measure all the suspension geometry within a 1000th of an inch...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    It seems with lowering the side panels along with that new side shelf in the body profile has created a side draft that really inhibits passing. Also noticed there were people actually getting loose which was rare in the COT cars... plus it was mostly the upper groove cars getting loose. There was a turbulence in the Gen 4 cars that allowed freight trains but at least multiple grooves. I'd rather see that than this single groove freight trains.

Can't say what this Gen-6 car will do at intermediate tracks... allegedly it's supposed to increase grip and lessen aero-sensitivity to allow more side by side racing... We'll know in a few weeks if that's the case.
    Is there a NASCAR translator app?
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    Without all the corners and teeth
    I just googled Nascar course, it looks just like one of those Burda patterns my mom used to sew.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL No It's Monza... It's just Monza. How do you explain it. It's a city with races.
    Racing through an actual city? That could be interesting. Do you get points for what you run over?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Is there a NASCAR translator app?
    Drink beer until it makes sense or you just don't care anymore, either way you win!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Racing through an actual city? That could be interesting. Do you get points for what you run over?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    LOL!!! They aren't racing through a city. It's just called Monza races (I think, we call it that anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.UB-cRlvoh74

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL!!! They aren't racing through a city. It's just called Monza races (I think, we call it that anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.UB-cRlvoh74
    Damn, racing through a city sounded interesting, running down granny as she crosses the street, sending her walker two blocks backwards, scores the driver 100 points, whoever has the most points in two hours wins.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn, racing through a city sounded interesting, running down granny as she crosses the street, sending her walker two blocks backwards, scores the driver 100 points, whoever has the most points in two hours wins.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I wanna run over a granny. As soon as I get my drivers license, I'll run over a granny just for you, and film it

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wanna run over a granny. As soon as I get my drivers license, I'll run over a granny just for you, and film it
    Look out NASCAR!

Sent from my Nexus 7

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stock car racing used to be on the streets and roads. It was called making a moonshine run. The whole damn thing originally started in the streets and roads with moonshiners souping up old Fords to outrun the police in.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Easy points. Go for a jogger. They are bigger assholes and faster. Get an old Volvo. Those things are tanks. You could plow into a bicyclist and probably not even scratch the paint.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Joggers and bicyclists AKA Fender Fodder

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Easy points. Go for a jogger. They are bigger assholes and faster.
    We could give 150 per jogger, 200 for cyclists, 500 if it is Lance Armstrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I like the way you think.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Might as well go for Lance. I need some new shoes.

Thread Information