Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woot! Danica Patrick Nabs Pole Position (????) In Daytona 500!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You could drive onto a golf course and get that other asshole Tiger Woods.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    GOD, yes!!! Tiger did us wrong! You don't cheat on our girl and get away with it.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That should be another 500 points, we could make it PPV!

Sent from my Nexus 7

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    GOD, yes!!! Tiger did us wrong! You don't cheat on our girl and get away with it.
    Yeah my wife is of swedish decent. She's a Gotland girl. You don't fuck with them. Tiger should have known better.

Swedish Love Pump ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah my wife is of swedish decent. She's a Gotland girl. You don't fuck with them. Tiger should have known better.
    Gotland is really beautiful. It's nothing like the rest of the Sweden. Have you ever been there?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by envy_me View Post
    Gotland is really beautiful. It's nothing like the rest of the Sweden. Have you ever been there?
    I've been to Norway, Denmark, Finland (Took the train from Helsinki to Leningrad in the old USSR days). I've been everywhere around Sweden but I never have been to Sweden. LOL! I've even been to Iceland. My mother in-law was born in Gotland.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You should stop by GOATland. it's nice there too

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    You should stop by GOATland. it's nice there too

Goatland is amazing!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Is there a NASCAR translator app?
    Here's a simple example of regular drafting and a side draft...

You're on an interstate highway or multi-lane freeway. Cruising at around 60-70 MPH. You approach an 18 wheeler truck and when you get about 3/4 of a car length away from the rear it feels like you are getting pulled towards it and you can actually reduce your throttle and still maintain speed. That's regular drafting.

Side draft take the same scenario... but change lanes a begin to pass the truck. When you are about to the middle of the trailer it feels like you're being pulled in toward the trailer plus it feels like you need to press the gas more to get by the beast... if it has those new side skirts you'll notice that doesn't happen as much. Then when your front end begins to pass the truck's front end you feel your vehicle being pushed away from the truck and it feels like you accelerate just a tad more... that's side drafting.

It's all learning how to work with the bubble of air being created by another vehicle. If you've ever rode motorcycles on the highway you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Just in NASCAR you do this at 198 MPH with 42 other outfits riding your ass...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The biggest issue involving the supercars here in the states isn't the competition, which appears to be terrific. It has more to do with the appallingly poor coverage of what is going on. Apparently, there isn't much of a budget for televising these events, which means only a handful of cameras cover things, leading to howlingly awful cuts from the front to the back of the pack, missed passes for the lead and virtually zero replays of anything. And the announcers certainly do not help matters, more often than not getting involved in a discussion that has little (if anything) to do with the action they are supposed to be describing.

Hell, even the log-heads at F-1 figured this out and brought in the pros from SPEED TV to handle things. At the moment, Formula One racing is the best covered racing sport there is, while NASCAR seems to be relegated to an awkward NFL-like broadcast scheme that is not only off-putting at times, yet it is highly insulting to both the fans and the subject at hand.
    it hurts me to hear your critique mate; here it is covered to the tiniest bolt, and what it does for the race car... don't miss it!!

did you guys know the in car cam was perfected here?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    it hurts me to hear your critique mate; here it is covered to the tiniest bolt, and what it does for the race car... don't miss it!!

did you guys know the in car cam was perfected here?
    You have to realise that here, the racing is cut/edited in such a way as to fit into a certain time span that includes commercial interruptions, yet must still fit within the parameters of the broadcast schedule. As a result, no matter what the product is you might be seeing locally, here, it is a cut to pieces, jumbled up mess that is nearly impossible to follow.

I guess the blame can be evenly split amongst the American tv programmers and the racing sanctioning body that allow such a mediocre broadcast to go forward. And it's a crying shame, as I stated earlier, the racing (from what I've been able to discern) appears to be terrific. It reminds me of what used to be referred to as saloon car racing from Europe in the 1980s, and although hard to find on tv, was always a rewarding experience.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    You have to realise that here, the racing is cut/edited in such a way as to fit into a certain time span that includes commercial interruptions, yet must still fit within the parameters of the broadcast schedule. As a result, no matter what the product is you might be seeing locally, here, it is a cut to pieces, jumbled up mess that is nearly impossible to follow.

I guess the blame can be evenly split amongst the American tv programmers and the racing sanctioning body that allow such a mediocre broadcast to go forward. And it's a crying shame, as I stated earlier, the racing (from what I've been able to discern) appears to be terrific. It reminds me of what used to be referred to as saloon car racing from Europe in the 1980s, and although hard to find on tv, was always a rewarding experience.
    They're starting to do more picture in picture in Nascar during the commercials so you don't miss as much.
    Beware of Dog

Thread Information