HOLY KRAP! Country Star Mindy McReady Committed Suicide!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Has Dr. Drew had any success stories on that show? Just curious. Haven't had MTV for 10 years.
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
      Has Dr. Drew had any success stories on that show? Just curious. Haven't had MTV for 10 years.
      Tom Sizemore seems to be doing well. And last I heard, Steven Adler was staying out of trouble. Of course that wasn't the first trip to rehab for either of them.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Of course I have friends who were friends with Mindy. Lotta sadness in Nashville for the next week....

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
          We have been trying....lost my mom to manic-depressive....this guy is a grown man determined to meet the same fate....he needs professional help and not my fist stopping him....I hope his rock bottom is just jail...not suicide. My boss and myself have spent all weekend and months before that trying to save his life....he just wants to drink himself to death.
          that's horrible. heartbreaking, dude. feeling for ya.

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

This pisses me off. I am aware that many of you won't agree with me.
            She has two suicide attempts behind her before this one. Yet she chose to put another child into this world just last year. What's wrong with people? She was aware that she has huge problems yet chose to make two human beings dependent on her.
            The only ones I feel sorry for are her kids.

And I can understand about wanting to end your own life. I know the death can sometimes feel like a more humane option then the terrible suffering of psychological conditions. But if you wanna have the option of a suicide, don't make any children.
            Last edited by envy_me; 02-18-2013, 03:09 AM.
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
              We have been trying....lost my mom to manic-depressive....this guy is a grown man determined to meet the same fate....he needs professional help and not my fist stopping him....I hope his rock bottom is just jail...not suicide. My boss and myself have spent all weekend and months before that trying to save his life....he just wants to drink himself to death.
              I have a friend who is bi-polar. She got diagnosed when we went to school, she was 17. Had a really bad psychosis. And she is also alcoholic by now. We have been trying to help her for years and years now.
              Alcohol isn't helping her condition.
              Last edited by envy_me; 02-18-2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                I have a friend who is bi-polar. She got diagnosed when we went to school, she was 17. Had a really bad psychosis. And she is also alcoholic by now. We have been trying to help her for years and years now.
                Alcohol isn't helping her condition.
                Our next door neighbor has a daughter who is bipolar. She didn't have a drinking problem but she just was nuts to the level it destroyed her marriage and she ended up back home living with her parents. Her daughter would come over and play with our daughter so we got to know her through that relationship. Her depression would go in waves and then her dad died. That threw her way out of whack and she never pulled out of it. Frankly we were worried she would commit suicide and her aged mom couldn't handle the situation. Her ex-husband came and got the daughter and she was committed to the state mental hospital. She got the help she needed and they got her on the right medication and she's out and can work a job. She graduated from college with a very high grade point average and is not a stupid person, she was just nuts and nobody knew how to help her. Sometimes a professional can save them. Getting sent to the mental hospital probably saved her life. Some people need that level of help to go on with life. People need to understand it's not always a negative thing. Her family did everything they could think of but this was a case that needed a professional and fortunately the people at the state mental hospital did an excellent job with her.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

This pisses me off. I am aware that many of you won't agree with me.
                  She has two suicide attempts behind her before this one. Yet she chose to put another child into this world just last year. What's wrong with people? She was aware that she has huge problems yet chose to make two human beings dependent on her.
                  The only ones I feel sorry for are her kids.

And I can understand about wanting to end your own life. I know the death can sometimes feel like a more humane option then the terrible suffering of psychological conditions. But if you wanna have the option of a suicide, don't make any children.
                  You have to realize you are thinking logically but she isn't. People with those kind of problems are in a whole different kind of mind state.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

A lot of people who are suicidal are in a situation they just want the bullshit to stop. They want it to end. So the problem has to be defined and solved. Once that process takes place and the person can deal with it, they usually are ok.

There was this one guy who wanted to end it all and so he jumped off a bridge. What he didn't know is there was some suspended scaffolding under the bridge and he landed on that and broke some bones. It saved his life. When his brother asked him what went through his mind when he jumped he said relief. Then he smashed into the scaffolding and ended up in agonizing pain until someone heard his screams. Life is a bitch.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      You have to realize you are thinking logically but she isn't. People with those kind of problems are in a whole different kind of mind state.
                      But without going too personal I have had some problems. Even when I was at the bottom I knew if I would get pregnant by mistake I'd HAVE to get an abortion, for the good of everybody. Luckaly it never got to that point.
                      Maybe I was thinking like that cause ever since I was young I knew that I didn't want biological children, I always said if I was gonna have a kid I am gonna adopt.

Even now when my life is great, I don't want to put a child into this world. We are over populated as it is. And where is the world going. Economy, enviroment, globalisation, etc. I don't want to have to worry. I like my peace of mind.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The same people selling that overpopulation bit are the same people who have raped the third world through the International Monetary Fund. A bunch of bankers trying to control the world and they need a reduced population to do it. Actually if we had the financing to use our current technology the world population could live at a high standard of living. In fact, the modern western countries are aging. You need to have 2.1 children to maintain your population. A young population is actually an asset. Who is doing to take care of you when you are old? You are seeing places like Russia and Japan starting to encourage people to have children. If the French want to remain on the planet they better start popping them out. LOL! The main problem the world has is we need a different group of people over the central banking system. Then we could have a better standard of living world wide and end all the fear mongering bullshit they sell.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-18-2013, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

The same people selling that overpopulation bit are the same people who have raped the third world through the International Monetary Fund. A bunch of bankers trying to control the world and they need a reduced population to do it. Actually if we had the financing to use our current technology the world population could live at a high standard of living. In fact, the modern western countries are aging. You need to have 2.1 children to maintain your population. A young population is actually an asset. Who is doing to take care of you when you are old? You are seeing places like Russia and Japan starting to encourage people to have children. If the French want to remain on the planet they better start popping them out. LOL!
                          That is one strategy some groups of people have. Multiply to make a majority and get the power. Doesn't say anything wether we are overpopulated or not.
                          There should be a balance. The way population has grown lately is not balanced.
                          And then we have the modern colonisation that also doesn't make me wanna have kids.

There are other factors, but whatever..

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

That is one strategy some groups of people have. Multiply to make a majority and get the power. Doesn't say anything wether we are overpopulated or not.
                            There should be a balance. The way population has grown lately is not balanced.
                            And then we have the modern colonisation that also doesn't make me wanna have kids.

There are other factors, but whatever..
                            I'm just saying don't let a bunch of biased information with an agenda influence you from what you want to do. Have kids because YOU want them. Sure you have to sacrifice some things and they come first but I wouldn't trade our three kids for anything. We waited until I had a good job before we had any though. Children raised right are an asset. Trying to manage the population never works. China's one child policy is biting them on the ass. Everyone wants a boy there so they aborted or killed the girl children. Then since they have one child they spoil them rotten. It's going to be a nation of spoiled men with no women and that is one big mess.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

A lot of people who are suicidal are in a situation they just want the bullshit to stop. They want it to end. So the problem has to be defined and solved. Once that process takes place and the person can deal with it, they usually are ok.

There was this one guy who wanted to end it all and so he jumped off a bridge. What he didn't know is there was some suspended scaffolding under the bridge and he landed on that and broke some bones. It saved his life. When his brother asked him what went through his mind when he jumped he said relief. Then he smashed into the scaffolding and ended up in agonizing pain until someone heard his screams. Life is a bitch.
                              One of the big philosophies in religion is that death is the worst thing that can happend to you. The suicide is the ultimate sin.
                              That is the difference between me and religious people. There are far worst faiths in life then death. Death is pretty good compared to other things. For example, when I was about 5 years old I was visiting my grandparents in another town. One afternoon I was sitting outside alone, just playing on my own when two men drove by in a car and tried to lure me in. They'd give me candy if I got in the car. My grandmother had warned me for this cause these things happend a lot. Then they sell the kids to Italy and you figure out the rest. I ran away so they didn't get me. But I'd choose death over being sold to pedophiles. Death is to perfer.

But when you have kids, suicide just shouldn't be an option.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I've just seen too many old dudes who put off having children and then they finally marry a younger wife and have kids and they wonder why they put it off all those years. LOL!

Comment

Working...