SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Psychotic North Korea

North Korea warns U.S. of preemptive nuclear strike
    By Jack Kim | Reuters – 1 hr 10 mins ago

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea threatened the United States on Thursday with a preemptive nuclear strike, raising the level of rhetoric while the U.N. Security Council considers new sanctions against the reclusive country.

North Korea has accused the United States of using military drills in South Korea as a launch pad for a nuclear war and has scrapped the armistice with Washington that ended hostilities in the 1950-53 Korean War.

North Korea, which has one major ally, neighboring China, threatens the United States and its "puppet", South Korea, on an almost daily basis.

"Since the United States is about to ignite a nuclear war, we will be exercising our right to preemptive nuclear attack against the headquarters of the aggressor in order to protect our supreme interest," the North's foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.

North Korea conducted a third nuclear test on February 12, in defiance of U.N. resolutions, and declared it had achieved progress in securing a functioning atomic arsenal. It is widely believed the North does not have the capacity to deliver a nuclear strike on the mainland United States.

The North's unnamed foreign ministry spokesman also said it would be entitled to take military action as of March 11 when U.S.-South Korea military drills move into a full-scale phase as it had declared the truce invalid.

It is the latest in an escalation of tough words from both sides of the armed Korean border this week as the U.N. Security Council deliberates a resolution to tighten financial sanctions and a naval blockade against the North.

North Korea, which held a mass military rally in Pyongyang on Thursday in support of its recent threats, has protested against the U.N. censures of its rocket launches. It says they are part of a peaceful space program and that the criticism is an exercise of double standards by the United States.

But North Korea's shrill rhetoric rarely goes beyond just that. Its latest armed aggression against the South in 2010 came unannounced, bombing a South Korean island killing two civilians. It is widely accused of sinking a South Korean navy ship earlier in the year, killing 46 sailors.

North Korea was conducting a series of military drills and getting ready for state-wide war practice of an unusual scale, South Korea's defense ministry said earlier on Thursday.

South Korea and the United States, which are conducting annual military drills until the end of April, are watching the North's activities for signs they turn from an exercise to an actual attack, a South Korean official said.

"It hasn't been frequent that the North conducted military exercise at the state level," South Korea's defense ministry spokesman, Kim Min-seok, said. "The North is currently conducting various drills on land, at sea and aerially.

"We are watching the North's activities and stepping up readiness under the assumption that these drills can lead to provocation at any time."

Kim declined to confirm news reports that the North has imposed no-fly zones off its coasts in a possible move to fire missiles, but he said any flight ban limited to near the coast would not be for weapons with meaningful ranges.

A top North Korean general said on Tuesday said Pyongyang was scrapping the armistice. But the two sides remain technically at war as the civil war did not end with a treaty.

South Korea's military said in a rare warning on Wednesday that it would strike back at the North and target its leadership if Pyongyang launched an attack.

(Editing by Nick Macfie)

Yahoo News

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The idea of NK reaching the US with nukes is slightly LESS probable than the idea of them invading the US.... as they did in that recent horrible remake of Red Dawn.

BTW, if you haven't seen it yet, don't bother. Or at least get really high first so you can laugh your ass off at the stupidity of it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    North Korea invading the USA?

I'm sure most of their ships aren't even seaworthy, added to the obvious fact that they have no refueling aircraft. Plus, the last time they invaded, big daddy Mao had to help them. And that won't be happening this time around since China has joined in the UN sanctions.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'd rather be invaded by South Korea..... as long as they brought lots of kimchee, bulgogi, and 100mbps internet access with them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like Korean food. I sometimes eat Korean noodles that are hot as hell. I mean you start sweating when you eat them (good snow shack food). I even like Kim Chee which is a hate it or love it type food.

As far as the tensions go, let's settle it with a game of basketball. Obama and Kim can play one on one.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-07-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Kim playing with some of his toys. When you are the dear leader you get to have gold plated binoculars.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have a korean close friend, and I have some books of korean cuisine, sometimes I cook some basic korean dishes,
    they have a special fridge to keep only the kim chee, because it´s so strong. And I love Melona ice pop.

She invited me to her wedding and to her 1st. year daughter birthday, it is a big celebration for them.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I like Korean food. I sometimes eat Korean noodles that are hot as hell. I mean you start sweating when you eat them (good snow shack food). I even like Kim Chee which is a hate it or love it type food.

As far as the tensions go, let's settle it with a game of basketball. Obama and Kim can play one on one.
    Korean "noodles"? WTF? In Wyoming?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Korean "noodles"? WTF? In Wyoming?
    Yeah. We have Chinese food too. I wish we had a decent Japanese place.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-07-2013 at 11:40 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by katina View Post
    I have a korean close friend, and I have some books of korean cuisine, sometimes I cook some basic korean dishes,
    they have a special fridge to keep only the kim chee, because it´s so strong. And I love Melona ice pop.

She invited me to her wedding and to her 1st. year daughter birthday, it is a big celebration for them.
    I hear about it when I open the Kim Chee. I really catch a lot of shit when the kitchen is full of Kim Chee smell. I'm the only one who likes it. I actually put Kim Chee on hamburgers.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The idea of NK reaching the US with nukes is slightly LESS probable than the idea of them invading the US.... as they did in that recent horrible remake of Red Dawn.

BTW, if you haven't seen it yet, don't bother. Or at least get really high first so you can laugh your ass off at the stupidity of it.
    WOLVERINES!

To be fair, at least the film makers stayed consistent by creating a horrible remake of an equally horrible original.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LS5...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteLS5 View Post
    WOLVERINES!

To be fair, at least the film makers stayed consistent by creating a horrible remake of an equally horrible original.
    Oh c'mon, the original is stupid, but fun. It also was slightly less completely fucking implausible like a (lol) North Korean invasion of the continental U.S. I'm not sure they can any longer even invade the South Korean peninsula. At least the both the Soviets and the Cubans had strong armies with paratroops and the actual cargo aircraft to drop them...

The original script was supposed to be China I guess, but they took the easy politically correct way to a bad film because they were afraid of the fallout from the Chinese...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    North Korea can't hit America, but South Korea and Japan in range
    By Jack Kim | Reuters – 42 mins ago

North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un (C) talks with officers at a guard post during his visit to the Jangjae Islet Defence Detachment and Mu Islet Hero Defence Detachment on the front, near the border with South Korea, southwest of Pyongyang March 7, 2013 in this picture released by the North's official KCNA news agency in Pyongyang March 8, 2013. REUTERS/KCN

5 hrs ago

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea has plenty of military firepower even if its threat this week of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States is a hollow one, with South Korea most at risk from the isolated regime's artillery and rockets.

Japan, separated by less than 1,000 km (625 miles) of water and a frequent target of North Korea's ire, is also in easy range of Pyongyang's short- and mid-range missiles.

In pure numbers, North Korea's military looks formidable, much larger than the more affluent South in both personnel and equipment. The North's 1.2 million soldiers face off against 640,000 South Korean troops who are backed up by 26,000 U.S. personnel stationed in the country.

However, Pyongyang's capabilities are not what the figures would suggest. Impoverished North Korea has all but abandoned running a conventional military that can engage in sustained battle because of scarce resources and has instead focused on nuclear weapons and ballistic missile technology, experts said.

"A conventional military is very costly, and overwhelmingly so for North Korea. It quickly becomes a money fight and North Korea cannot win that," said Shin In-kyun, head of the Korea Defence Network, an alliance of defence experts based in Seoul.

Nevertheless, a defence policy statement from South Korea in December noted that North Korea's frontline artillery pieces could launch a "sudden and massive" barrage on the capital Seoul, a mere 50 km (31 miles) from the Demilitarized Zone border that separates the two Koreas.

North Korea has around 12,000 artillery guns, many arrayed near the border. It also has an arsenal of intermediate range missiles in operational deployment, some of which can travel more than 3,000 km (1,875 miles). That puts South Korea and Japan in range as well as the U.S. territory of Guam.

"They have the capability to strike anywhere in the South and Japan," said Shin.

North Korea has also shown it has submarine capabilities.

In 2010, a North Korean submarine was widely believed to have sunk a South Korean naval vessel, killing 46 sailors. Pyongyang has denied it was behind the attack. In the same year, North Korea shelled a South Korean island in a disputed area, killing civilians.

One military expert said the North might be careful before launching another blatant attack, given Seoul has vowed to respond vigorously next time.

MAXIMUM CONFUSION

"The greatest realistic threat from North Korea is a type of attack that will create maximum confusion in the South but one that will be confusing as to who instigated it so that it will not invite immediate retaliation on Pyongyang," said Song Young-keun, a retired Army general who was once head of the intelligence arm of the South's military, the Defense Security Command.

Cyber warfare or a possible attack on the intricate communication and utility networks in the South could have just as much impact as any outright military action, Song said.

Outside its artillery and missiles, North Korea struggles to match the South.

Many of the soldiers that make North Korea the world's most heavily militarized state are poorly trained or even properly fed and are deployed in hard labor or farming to supplement the meager resources of their units.

The North's air force has more than 820 fighter jets, according to South Korea's Defence Ministry, but it does not have enough fuel to fly sorties or conduct needed drills to maintain combat effectiveness. South Korea has 460 jets.

North Korea has 4,200 tanks, according to South Korea, although Seoul's 2,400 are more modern and better maintained.

The question of North Korea's atomic capability was thrust to the headlines when Pyongyang on Thursday threatened the United States with a nuclear strike.

That came in the wake of accusations from Pyongyang that Washington was using military drills in South Korea as a launch pad for a nuclear war.

Experts say North Korea is years away from being able to hit continental America with a nuclear weapon despite a decades-long push toward an atomic capability.

The core of the North's unconventional military focus is a stockpile of fissile material that could be enough for six to eight nuclear weapons, and up to 5,000 metric tons of biological and chemical weapons that can wipe out a mid-size industrial city.

North Korea claims to have developed a miniaturized nuclear weapon while the launch of a long-range rocket in December that for the first time put an object into orbit indicated progress in its attempt to build an intercontinental nuclear missile.

"But for a weapons system to be viable, it has to be in production and deployed. I don't think we can say that about the Unha-3," Shin said, referring to the rocket launched on December 12.

Song said the general consensus was the North had yet to shrink a nuclear warhead to put on an intercontinental ballistic missile and more crucially there had been no tests to prove it has mastered the re-entry technology needed to bring a payload back into the atmosphere.

"It's hogwash, blackmail," Song said of Thursday's threat against the United States.

(Editing by Dean Yates)

Yahoo News

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The original was making the rounds about a week ago on one of the cable channels. Some of the acting is pure (though unintentional) comedy gold. And excellent weapons handling technique by "Baby" from Dirty Dancing, lol.

What's amazing is the number of actors in that film that were recycled into what seemed to be damn near every movie made for a 3 year stretch in the 80's. Funny to see the dad shout "avenge me", and then change the channel and see him comforting Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink.

Isn't that new Olympus Has Fallen movie also about an NK invasion? Man, that one looks like a real stinker.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Haven't seen Olympus, but I think it might be some sort of Bond SPECTRE-like thing...

Yeah, a group of high school kids lasting against Soviet or Cuban regulars is silly. The script was written by a psychopath who had Stalingrad-envy...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What really pissed me off about the remake was the blatant right wing propaganda undertones..... The North Koreans invade the west coast, and the Russians take the east coast, but all the "red states" are still "free". The NK propaganda posters and speeches using Occupy Wall Street slogans...... what a bunch of bullshit.

I mean obviously the guys who wrote the original had their heads firmly planted up Ronald Reagan's ass with all the "evil empire" exaggerations, but at least they managed to find some humor in it. The scene where the Russians "interpret" the sign at that national monument still cracks me up.....

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hear about it when I open the Kim Chee. I really catch a lot of shit when the kitchen is full of Kim Chee smell. I'm the only one who likes it. I actually put Kim Chee on hamburgers.
    I will never forget when I bought Kim Chee the first time...It´s better to use rubber gloves to handle it and to keep it in heavy glass containers.
    I think there is a thread for recipes and cooking, I will post there an easy recipe of Kim Chee with ground meat pancacke,
    Kimchijon, I think you will like it.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would like to see a HUGE CLOWN PAINTED hot air balloon with a HUGE bunker buster bomb like the ones we used against Saddam that bomb that looks like a cartoon bomb from the looney tunes.

We hang the bomb about a mile below the balloon then float it across the Pacific Ocean with full media coverage and position it to hover over Kim the Youngers Residence.

Just let it sit there.

So if he ever launches a nuke his people will know what's gonna happen next.

I seriously doubt we or any nation will turn the other cheek if someone lauches, Iran or anyone.

I doubt one of our presidents will say, we can't retaliate with nukes, we will carpet bomb them and land war on them untill they are destroyed to lessen nuclear damage for the rest of the world.

There will be hell to pay.
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-08-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You have Dennis Rodman going over to North Korea and he calls the dictator a friend for life and then as soon as Rodman gets home the dictator starts threatening the US with nuclear war. LOL! You can't make this shit up. You couldn't make it up even if you were pulling a buzz on the best absinthe.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    I would like to see a HUGE CLOWN PAINTED hot air balloon with a HUGE bunker buster bomb like the ones we used against Saddam that bomb that looks like a cartoon bomb from the looney tunes.

We hang the bomb about a mile below the balloon then float it across the Pacific Ocean with full media coverage and position it to hover over Kim the Youngers Residence.

Just let it sit there.

So if he ever launches a nuke his people will know what's gonna happen next.

I seriously doubt we or any nation will turn the other cheek if someone lauches, Iran or anyone.

I doubt one of our presidents will say, we can't retaliate with nukes, we will carpet bomb them and land war on them untill they are destroyed to lessen nuclear damage for the rest of the world.

There will be hell to pay.
    China uses North Korea like a bitch. It's good to aggravate the US with and it ties up a lot of our military resources. Also China can use North Korea as the middle man when it supplies other countries with weapons and contraband. North Korea gets the blame and threats while China sits back and laughs.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe kid Kim caught shit from his generals for hugging Rodman so now he's proving to them he's no girly man.

Kim could just brag that his stores are cleaner and have better service than our Wal-Mart stores.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-08-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

US soldier next to a North Korean soldier next to a South Korean soldier.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Kim could just brag that his stores are cleaner and have better service than our Wal-Mart stores.
    Yeah, but that's a really low hurdle. Wouldn't take much to be able to claim that.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    China uses North Korea like a bitch. It's good to aggravate the US with and it ties up a lot of our military resources. Also China can use North Korea as the middle man when it supplies other countries with weapons and contraband. North Korea gets the blame and threats while China sits back and laughs.
    What a hugely oversimplistic statement (one of many). The Chinese are doing what they have too out of their pragmatic self interest. I think at this point they actually would prefer the South control the country and the U.S. forces leave. But they're already having huge problems with North Koreans fleeing into China and the North is probably more of a drain on the Chinese than anything...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post

There's definitely issues with malnutrition and outright famine in North Korea, the Army is high on the food chain of course and eats second behind the Party. But I recall reading about Americans saying similar things about the Vietnamese in the 1960's...

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe kid Kim caught shit from his generals for hugging Rodman so now he's proving to them he's no girly man.

Compare the two vids

Ok I take it all back maybe we do need a Nuking or some Decorum.

de·co·rum/dɪˈkɔrəm, -ˈkoʊr-/ Show Spelled [dih-kawr-uhm, -kohr-] Show IPA
    noun
    1. dignified propriety of behavior, speech, dress, etc.
    2. the quality or state of being decorous; orderliness; regularity.
    3. Usually, decorums. an observance or requirement of polite society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
    1560–70;
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-09-2013 at 10:39 AM.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post

OK, now I'm jealous! How come I was never issued sunglasses in the USMC?

And now the obvious song tie-in!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    OK, now I'm jealous! How come I was never issued sunglasses in the USMC?

And now the obvious song tie-in!

You probably would have gotten Ray Bans if you were a USMC fly boy. See that's why I never signed up when they said I couldn't be a pilot due to red/green color blindness. I wanted the free Ray Bans not the birth control glasses shit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post

Compare the two vids

Ok I take it all back maybe we do need a Nuking or some Decorum.

de·co·rum/dɪˈkɔrəm, -ˈkoʊr-/ Show Spelled [dih-kawr-uhm, -kohr-] Show IPA
    noun
    1. dignified propriety of behavior, speech, dress, etc.
    2. the quality or state of being decorous; orderliness; regularity.
    3. Usually, decorums. an observance or requirement of polite society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
    1560–70;
    Nuke Wal-Mart and add chlorine to the gene pool.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    What a hugely oversimplistic statement (one of many). The Chinese are doing what they have too out of their pragmatic self interest. I think at this point they actually would prefer the South control the country and the U.S. forces leave. But they're already having huge problems with North Koreans fleeing into China and the North is probably more of a drain on the Chinese than anything...
    Oh yeah Nick. A David Lee Roth site is where deep geopolitical research is done. You seem to think this is a CIA research project and not a rock and roll website. What do you want foot notes and a bibliography or maybe my contacts in China who I talk to?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh yeah Nick. A David Lee Roth site is where deep geopolitical research is done. You seem to think this is a CIA research project and not a rock and roll website. What do you want foot notes and a bibliography or maybe my contacts in China who I talk to?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's a slideshow of the Democratic Peoples Worker-Peasant Ant-imperialist jackal-Repelling Army...

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures...USRTR2VGGV#a=1

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmm..I don't know....

Those North Koreans are really small targets, and they think their leader is some kind of God...

I just hope they don't become the Chinese Debt Collection Agency...

Our biggest worry ought to be how our own military has shifted gears since 9/11, and how prepared it is for a more conventional conflict.

Totally different ballgame.

It won't be quick or easy.

I predict nothing happens.

Kim Jong likes to eat. I can't see him doing anything to disrupt his own personal food supply.

Thread Information