Thread: What are you drinking right now?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am sometimes tempted to stock up on beer just so I don't have one of those 'ah, it's 2am and I have no booze left' moments, but I'd just drink it all, day-by-day ... until I exploded

I am currently drinking Evian. Unfortunately I can no longer party like it's 1999 ...

The wine tetra-pack did remind me of my adventure at Donnington, 1986, when I took along a box of wine - 3 litres, I think - to try and smuggle into the venue. Bringing your own booze was banned, so one of my mates went inside through the security gates first and I positioned myself outside the perimeter wall until he found a spot on the other side, sort of on a mound. I could see him and had something to aim at. So, the plan was to heave the box of wine over the wall, and - hey presto - I would have a ready supply of wine. Meaning that for once I would have enough booze to last through the day without resorting to watered down lager in plastic glasses (which meant more treks to the disgusting toilets, anyway).

But, after about three attempts at shaping up like a hammer thrower in the Olympics, and launching the boxes into the air - and then watching meekly as each time the box of wine just limply thudded into the middle of the fucking wall - a security guy caught me and threatened to confiscate my goods. "Or, you can drink it before you go in", he said. Alright, I said, thanks mate - I will down it, toot sweet, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for not ruining my day.

After he vanished, I decided the only thing to do was to rip off the actual box, and after drinking quite a bit of the wine to reduce the size of the package, conceal the silver bag of wine that is to be found inside the box around my person. There would still be a few bottles worth left, I reasoned, but I could sort of spread it out and just bury it under my jacket. Which is what I did.

The last thing I remember is sitting on someone's shoulders during Motorhead's set - early evening - and squeezing the last drops from the bag of wine into my mouth. I later woke up halfway under the bus I arrived in, which was parked a mile or so away from the actual gig.
    Last edited by VHscraps; 07-01-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Thread Information