X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
    It's not just feminine, it's straight up shitty. It's a nightmare. And like all shitty Bud products it gets worse as it warms up.
    but you drank shit loads of it from boots once.....or twice
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      but you drank shit loads of it from boots once.....or twice
      It's true.. I did. BUT - I did it so no one else has to! It was a truly selfless act!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

It's true.. I did. BUT - I did it so no one else has to! It was a truly selfless act!
        scientific testing at it's finest
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

It's not just feminine, it's straight up shitty. It's a nightmare. And like all shitty Bud products it gets worse as it warms up.
          Thank you! That's what I thought!

There's a whole case of that shit leftover from a St. Patty's Day party here at the house that some asswad brought over. ("Oh, I get it, the box is green! huhuhu....DORKS!)

I get home from a hard days work I want a real fuckin' beer! Not some 'candy beer for pantywaists'!

WTF!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hambon4lif

There's a whole case of that shit leftover from a St. Patty's Day party here at the house that some asswad brought over. ("Oh, I get it, the box is green! huhuhu....DORKS!)

I get home from a hard days work I want a real fuckin' beer! Not some 'candy beer for pantywaists'!

WTF!

Comment

• Northern Girl
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

d507af9ee49b5d6535cd04c8f938fe23.jpg

Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                What they don't tell you is moderation is a thimble full. Processing ethanol is extremely hard on your body.
                Not really. A couple a day with two off per week and one day to splurge is probably realistic. There are things you can take that help, but for the most part anyones' liver will survive that...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think ginger ale is actually a british invention. It's also called ginger beer.
                  No ginger ale is not the same as ginger beer. Ginger ale is milder and used as a mixer usually for whisky.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Not really. A couple a day with two off per week and one day to splurge is probably realistic. There are things you can take that help, but for the most part anyones' liver will survive that...
                    It may well but your liver doesn't recover that quick. Taking a couple of days off isn't enough time it has to be much longer. Also splurges are bad.

I say all this because that is the science but don't act on it at all.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also while I'm raining on our parade.

The whole 'a moderate amount of booze is good for you' argument is based on a couple of things which aren't helpful to us.

As other people have alluded to in this thread, beneficial amounts of alcohol are tiny, at the level of a mouthful of wine a week, communion levels of booze.

The other reason people would cite is that non drinkers have a higher mortality rate than people who just drink very moderately. It turns out this is very probably a statistics thing and that they have a higher mortality rate because people who are ill don't drink. Correlation <> causality kind of thing.

Say for example you have a year of chemo before checking out with cancer you may well not drink for that year because you feel like shit and that affects the figures.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Cod liver oil and Krill oil are good to take each day if you want to help your heart. That's what I take. It also helps your skin. Actually I stopped taking glucosamine because the fish and krill oil have the same affect. Also you get about 1000 IU of vitamin D3. I take the capsules so I don't have to drink the nasty stuff. In capsule form you don't even know you ate fish oil.
                        I take MegaRed krill oil. It's spendy but it's one of only a few that passed the test of hundreds on the market. There is so much crap product out there. They just put anything into a capsule and call it what they want. Gee, if you can get fish oil at the dollar store, where do you think that came from? Yikes!
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by hambon4lif

WTF!
                          Ha! I went through the same thing a few months ago.. I'm the nice guy who invites some jackass from work who brings a fucking case of that shit over! What the fuck did I do to you?? Why???
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                            Hey guys, I found Ginger Ale :-) i am drinking it right now. It tastes good, but there is no real ginger in it, just ginger aroma :-(
                            Then it's not ginger ale, lol.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I think ginger ale is actually a british invention. It's also called ginger beer. If you want something good. Mix about a jigger of London distilled dry gin in a glass of ginger ale on ice. squeeze a fresh lemon into it. It's called a gin fizz.
                              Ginger beer and ginger ale are not the same thing. Modern Ginger Ale is a Canadian invention. Invented by John McLaughlin for Canada Dry in 1907.
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                Also while I'm raining on our parade.

The whole 'a moderate amount of booze is good for you' argument is based on a couple of things which aren't helpful to us.

As other people have alluded to in this thread, beneficial amounts of alcohol are tiny, at the level of a mouthful of wine a week, communion levels of booze.

The other reason people would cite is that non drinkers have a higher mortality rate than people who just drink very moderately. It turns out this is very probably a statistics thing and that they have a higher mortality rate because people who are ill don't drink. Correlation <> causality kind of thing.

Say for example you have a year of chemo before checking out with cancer you may well not drink for that year because you feel like shit and that affects the figures.
                                I always get hung up on this talk of mortality rates... In my experience... light, regular, heavy and even 100% non-drinkers... every last one of them have a 100% mortality rate. No one escapes here alive.

Then trying to distinguish if you check out at 65 -vs- 75 or 85, 90, 95... what ever age in the range of "old"... Who's really getting short-changed on the mortality measures..?
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...