What are you drinking right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
    This thread reminds me I have to drive 48 miles to the liquor store tomorrow to restock... damn backwards hillbilly idiots and their dry county liquor laws...
    Those are the worst. A few years back I spent a lot of time in Southern Illinois and got to experience dry counties. It's mind blowing when you've never experienced it..
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Dry county?
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Originally posted by envy_me View Post
        Dry county?
        no alcohol sales
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
          no alcohol sales
          What??? Why? Can they do that??? Oh well, if pot is illegal, why not alcohol too...

Comment

What??? Why? Can they do that???
            Yeah, that's pretty much the first reaction when you get there..
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Enjoying a Yuengling on a lazy Saturday..

Comment

• Originally posted by VAiN View Post
                Yeah, that's pretty much the first reaction when you get there..
                This one's dry too. But most of the towns have liquor by the drink so it's not an issue. And Sunday sales too, after noon. So the days of having to buy your Sunday beer on Saturday are over. Liquor stores are closed on Sundays tho.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Crown Royal Reserve on the rocks. Deadbeat brother in law is over for the weekend, so I suspect it will be a doozy trying to stay medicated enough not to tell him how it is...

Comment

What??? Why? Can they do that??? Oh well, if pot is illegal, why not alcohol too...
                    Jack Daniel's is a brand of sour mash Tennessee whiskey that is the highest selling American whiskey in the world.[1][2] It is known for its square bottles and black label. It is produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee by the Jack Daniel Distillery, which has been owned by the Brown-Forman Corporation since 1956.[3] Despite being the location of a major operational distillery, Jack Daniel's home county of Moore is a dry county, so the product is not available for consumption at stores or restaurants within the county. However, the distillery does sell commemorative bottles of whiskey in the White Rabbit Bottle Shop, but due to Tennessee state law it cannot sell whiskey on Sunday.[
                    Jack Daniel's is actually made in a dry county. If you take the distillery tour they go,"Wiskey, whiskey everywhere and not a drop to drink." Why countys went dry is there was such a drinking problem with the men, the wives politically organized and pushed the politicians to make booze illegal. This is where the national prohibition came from but because of all the resulting gangster violence it was repealed. Some countys still hold onto prohibition. Oddly enough where they make all the bourbon and whiskey. I think people must have been drunk all the time and completely useless due to the easy access of booze. The wives got fed up and pushed their husbands to sobriety with the law.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-30-2013, 07:12 PM.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
                      This one's dry too. But most of the towns have liquor by the drink so it's not an issue. And Sunday sales too, after noon. So the days of having to buy your Sunday beer on Saturday are over. Liquor stores are closed on Sundays tho.
                      I lived in Utah for awhile. Bars can't serve mixed drinks unless they are a private club. If you go to the bar at the downtown Marriott the bartender can not serve you let's say Jack and Coke. Across the hall is a liquor store. You can go over and buy a whole fifth of Jack Daniel's. The bartender can serve the Coke and you pour your Jack in yourself.

So in Utah you don't buy a drink. You buy a drunk. They had great state liquor stores though. The prices were reasonable and they had great selection of beers, wines, and of course the hard stuff.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
                        I lived in Utah for awhile. Bars can't serve mixed drinks unless they are a private club. If you go to the bar at the downtown Marriott the bartender can not serve you let's say Jack and Coke. Across the hall is a liquor store. You can go over and buy a whole fifth of Jack Daniel's. The bartender can serve the Coke and you pour your Jack in yourself.

So in Utah you don't buy a drink. You buy a drunk. They had great state liquor stores though. The prices were reasonable and they had great selection of beers, wines, and of course the hard stuff.
                        Here we call that brown bagging. And restaurants in dry towns can get a brown bag permit which allows the patrons to bring in your own booze to have with dinner. They serve "mixers" and you add your own liquor to the drink. Or you can bring in beer. It's fun when you're 21 but seems like too much work now
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• It all seems so silly in 2013

Comment

• Red Stripe. Oh baby... Bring on VH in Oz!
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Here we call that brown bagging. And restaurants in dry towns can get a brown bag permit which allows the patrons to bring in your own booze to have with dinner. They serve "mixers" and you add your own liquor to the drink. Or you can bring in beer. It's fun when you're 21 but seems like too much work now
                              LMAO!!! That is hillarious! Imagine coming to a restaurant and waitor asks you what you'd like to drink and you go "Don't worry about that, I brought my own"

Comment

I can't imagine many restaurant owners (and even the help) are happy with this. Liquor is one of the biggest boosters of the bottom line...

Comment

Working...
                                X