X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Beck/Vaughn

Look, this isn't exactly spectacular, yet is somewhat entertaining. Thought I'd share the damned thing, as I found it in a search for another subject.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Anything with Jeff Beck and SRV playing together is cool.

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Saw SRV open for Robert Plant and, at the time, don't think I appreciated what a talent SRV was.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

I'm gonna get slammed for this but Jeff Beck is an amature next to SRV...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Saw them both in '90. The entire arena was disappointed that it was SRV's turn to open the show as they were trading off on that tour. It almost appeared as if the place went into a sleep waiting for Beck's set to end and only livened up once Stevie came out for Freeway Jam.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Saw SRV in 88, left half thinking I should sell my guitars and take up a sport and half thinking fucking wow that's how it's done .
            Turned out am no great shakes at sport either
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
              I'm gonna get slammed for this but Jeff Beck is an amature next to SRV...

I think Beck is fantastic at what he does. But sometimes I think the guy should grab a pick and slam some bare cords ! I saw Stevie a month before he died, and the night before he died. I was just starting to get into blues music. He was fantastic. The dvd with him and Albert King is priceless ! The last song is funny as fuck when King fucks up his guitar and gets out a file to do his finger nails while Stevie finishes the song. Classic.

Comment

• Van Squalen
                Groupie
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Look, this isn't exactly spectacular, yet is somewhat entertaining. Thought I'd share the damned thing, as I found it in a search for another subject.

Saw them on that double bill tour live in '90 not long before the helicopter accident. SRV remains an unparalleled master. Easily in the top five of all time, and possibly Number One when it comes to axemen playing the blues with their utter soul.

Comment

• Cato
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Van Squalen
                  Saw them on that double bill tour live in '90 not long before the helicopter accident. SRV remains an unparalleled master. Easily in the top five of all time, and possibly Number One when it comes to axemen playing the blues with their utter soul.
                  hey, I heard a rumour that you and Tom Vu are the same person. is it true?
                  Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I saw the Beck/SRV tour at the Miami Arena.. I was about 15/16 then.. I didn't fully appreciate what I was seeing, but I did love the Guitar Shop album and I had heard a lot of SRV from my buddy who went as well... SRV closed, and I remember him playing a Hendrix tune(Little Wing or Voodoo chile) and it was amazing... he had a real command of the guitar. It felt electric... That's what I remember from seeing him live..
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

SRV....a MASTER guitar player....even CLAPTON acknowledges not wanting to follow him onstage

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Must be something in the water in Austin....the Vaughan bros, Eric Johnson, Junior Brown......

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, from what I hear, Austin is like an oasis of sanity, surrounded by the rest of Texas, and all the crazy that implies.

So I can see why it would be easy to have the blues there. And if you're gonna have the blues, why not learn to play the blues?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

What crazy does "the rest of Texas" imply ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Comment

Working...