Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DLR On Huffpost Live

Enjoy....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Well, the chick seems to be sorta dull......I mean, just not getting in on the vibe.

Though I would skullfuck her in a heartbeat.

She is probably having difficulty handling the fact that she is talking to the Toastmaster General of The Immoral Majority.

Love the story about the plot of the movie.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-26-2013 at 11:19 PM.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave never left VH in 1985. Eddie accidentally asked him a question...went & hired Sammy...toured & made albums...came back to the room in 1996 and Dave was just finishing up his answer so they did the MTV awards when Eddie accidentally asked him another question.......2007.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Well, the chick seems to be sorta dull......I mean, just not getting in on the vibe.

something very familiar about her. Also reminds me of punky brewster chick. But yeah, she doesn't get Dave at all. He never did answer the new music question.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    something very familiar about her. Also reminds me of punky brewster chick. But yeah, she doesn't get Dave at all. He never did answer the new music question.
    She used to have a news show on RT. You have probably seen clips of that I posted in the Front Line.

I was wondering what the Hell happened to her.....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    She used to have a news show on RT. You have probably seen clips of that I posted in the Front Line.

I was wondering what the Hell happened to her.....

Must be it because I know I have seen her before. Pretty cute too.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Must be it because I know I have seen her before. Pretty cute too.

There was some bubblehead on Faux News who interviewed Dave in 2006 right before the reunion. He had her giggling up a storm and drenching her panties. You know he tapped that shit later at his hotel.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's a great interview, so good to see and hear Dave free wheeling it.. I think the chick was having a good time and was overwhelmed with Dave.. The guy takes ownership of a room like no other.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Enjoyed it and Dave seemed very relaxed and cool . One thing I noticed and once I did it bugged me was the distance the interviewer was away from Dave , I know there was a screen etc but she seemed a bit removed and I did wonder if that maybe effected how she received Daves banter . She didnt seem particularly into it and maybe she needed Dave a bit more in her face to get the full effect.
    Any how good to see Dave being Dave.
    fuck your fucking framing

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What does Roth say 'If I was blind would I still be here?'

With her and so many others in the media probably not.

Her entire research seemed to be that the main story was that everyone was clamoring for new VH music, I don't think that is exactly right.

Fun though.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Born in Moscow, Minkovski was raised in California. She is a daughter of the Russian figure skater Irina Rodnina and entrepreneur Leonid Minkovski, a Russian Jew.[2] At age four, Alyona Minkovski emigrated to the U.S. with her family, who ultimately settled in Lake Arrowhead, California. She graduated with a degree in political science from the University of California, Santa Cruz. After graduation she went to work for RT in its Washington, DC studios as an intern.[3] As a producer in December 2008 she was given an on-air assignment on Inauguration Day in January 2009. After doing a second pilot show, she was tapped to become host of RT's first live show[4] which premiered in October, 2009.[5]

Minkovski was one of the first journalists to speak with Julian Assange, interviewing him about the 12 July 2007 Baghdad airstrike controversy. She has taken a pro-WikiLeaks position and given airtime to hackers who allegedly attacked both American and non-American companies in retaliation for banks that refused to work with WikiLeaks.[6]

On 15 July 2011 Minkovski was interviewed for one hour by Brian Lamb on the C-SPAN Sunday evening Q&A show. She describes her political views as liberal.[7] In 2011 Forbes magazine named her one of the 30 most influential media personalities under the age of 30.[8]

Minkovski joined The Huffington Post's new video network, HuffPost Live, based in Los Angeles and launched August 13, as a host/producer.[9]

I was watching Alyona interview Gerald Celente when she was on Russia Today. I couldn't help think this girl is really cute. I always liked the cute girl next door types who have natural beauty to them. She falls in that category. There are plenty of peroxide blondes with lots of makeup on. When a girl is more natural and different it's good.

She does a good job interviewing, covering stories, and doing commentaries if it's regular news. As far as entertainment goes, she doesn't have the personality for that. She comes off dull. Dave comes out of a very different America. I can't believe how boring and dull America is now compared to what it was 30 plus years ago. I think a lot of these younger people are like deer in the headlights when a vortex to that energy of the past opens up. They never experienced that level of expression and freedom. They grew up in the political correct age where you have to be careful of everything you say or you might get in real trouble. They have no idea what it is like to say whatever the heck you want to, cruise the main drag on a Saturday night, or drag race muscle cars down a deserted street. They have no idea. They really don't. Dave is hitting the throttle and burning the tires and shifting the gears and swerving all over the road just for shits and grins. They don't get it. It's a different world they never experienced.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-27-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Enjoyed it and Dave seemed very relaxed and cool . One thing I noticed and once I did it bugged me was the distance the interviewer was away from Dave , I know there was a screen etc but she seemed a bit removed and I did wonder if that maybe effected how she received Daves banter . She didnt seem particularly into it and maybe she needed Dave a bit more in her face to get the full effect.
    Any how good to see Dave being Dave.
    I think it's a generation gap. Dave was even in a toned down mood. If it was the coked out hyper Dave of the past that girl would be lost. She would freak. But then of course, It's DAVID FUCKING LEE ROTH! She was in the presence of an entertainment god and all that energy rolling off him, floored the poor girl.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder where they are rehearsing...

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    What does Roth say 'If I was blind would I still be here?'

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I think a lot of these are like deer in the headlights when a vortex to that energy of the past opens up. They never experienced that level of expression and freedom. They grew up in the political correct age where you have to be careful of everything you say or you might get in real trouble. They have no idea what it is like to say whatever the heck you want to, cruise the main drag on a Saturday night, or drag race muscle cars down a deserted street. They have no idea. They really don't.
    I do...

Some of the smug assholes on this website don't...

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's damn fine to see Dave being Diamond Dave on a regular basis. I appreciate the sacrifice he made to stay muzzled in order to get the two tours and album done even more now.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave looks like an idiot in that clip, and his voice sounds like shit...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hate all of these shows with their background settings of some jaggoffs staring at their laptops with purpose. Get these A-holes out of the picture.

Only half way through this. Dave sort of non-sequitured his ass out of the new music question. Dammit Dave, just say we got 14 more tunes headin' their way into your car stereos by summertime!

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I hate all of these shows with their background settings of some jaggoffs staring at their laptops with purpose. Get these A-holes out of the picture.
    Thought the same thing with the douche asking about the CFTH movie (did the host say he was a music critic?) Have you WATCHED The Roth Show? Dave pretty much devoted an entire episode to this. Do your fucking homework before asking such an idiotic question.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing! View Post
    Have you WATCHED The Roth Show?
    I made it through about two.5 clips...

So, no...

I for one, have not...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Only half way through this. Dave sort of non-sequitured his ass out of the new music question. Dammit Dave, just say we got 14 more tunes headin' their way into your car stereos by summertime!
    Somewhere after the 4:00 mark Dave used the analogy that you only see a James Bond movie about every 3 years... otherwise you get asked weren't you just here last week.

Bottom line message I got... no new music on the way this year. Most likely no firm plans for anything... but leave them guessing. Standard Van Halen dodge...

If Dave's gonna do so damn many interviews/couch-chats back to back he needs to spread his one-liners better or diversify his wise-cracks. He's still locked into the old assumption that each channel in the media only serves a local market and listening audience. As with terrestrial radio in the 70's/80's he was addressing a new set of ears each time out... No more with the internet... Buying fucking dental floss in Japan being an adventure sounded entertaining the first time a few weeks ago... today for the 10th time wrapped in the same barrage of one-liners referencing so many summers ago it's sounding tired, worn and not so interesting...

Are we too tuned in... or is he too tuned out..?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is tuned out...

he looks and acts like he's been asleep for 100 years...

He's obviously still oblivious to the instant access the Internet provides...

And the Huck Finn outfit needs to go...

Same for his stage garb and the blue Jap suit...

And the headset mic

And the dance floor

And Jump

And the confetti...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gee E. What exactly is keeping you here these days?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Halen...

I don't have to like every stupid thing Dave does, or ignore the obvious just to post here, do I ??

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Somewhere after the 4:00 mark Dave used the analogy that you only see a James Bond movie about every 3 years... otherwise you get asked weren't you just here last week.

Bottom line message I got... no new music on the way this year. Most likely no firm plans for anything... but leave them guessing. Standard Van Halen dodge...
    Yeah, I got that message, but the Bond effect was nowhere to be found in camp VH between '78 and '84. The faithful were none the happier.

In Sam's shitty book, he takes credit (for pretty much everything he didn't do) for the band spacing their album releases by 3 years. From a fans perspective, that's a colossal error. We're all kids FFS! Who wants to space out their favorite escape?

Oh and we're way too tuned in. No big 'ting.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Van Halen...

I don't have to like every stupid thing Dave does, or ignore the obvious just to post here, do I ??
    Of coursnot! Just seemed like you spitting razor blades for a minute.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I put a biggrin in there...

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is tuned out...

he looks and acts like he's been asleep for 100 years...

He's obviously still oblivious to the instant access the Internet provides...

And the Huck Finn outfit needs to go...

Same for his stage garb and the blue Jap suit...

And the headset mic

And the dance floor

And Jump

And the confetti...

I happen to like Jump and the confetti. But it should be tens of thousands of tiny "VH" logos. Now that would be cool.

Agree with most the rest.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jump and the confetti were tolerable in 2007, but lame as fuck last go 'round...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I do...

Some of the smug assholes on this website don't...

The problem is people today have been conditioned to follow group think. Being a team player or bringing everyone down so things are fair are the norm. That was done on purpose to make the American public more controllable. To make them fall in line. Now I see people getting ripped off and putting up with things they shouldn't. They don't negotiate or they don't say NO! They take it up the ass because for whatever reason they are scared of stepping out and bringing attention on themselves.

I can remember when things were just the opposite. People were dynamic and interesting and had passion. Now it's a boring even keel. Is it the Prozac? Are that many people on that shit?

I just talked to someone who spent a year in Ecuador. He said the first thing he noticed coming back to the states is a lot of people are really fat. Second, they are in an unemotional daze. He says it's nice to be able to flush the toilet paper down the toilet but he says in Ecuador people are still human beings and not sheep. He says they don't have all the gizmos and real life dictates what they do. They have to re thatch the roof, or they have to cut the bananas or they have to go weed the garden. They are busy living a real life and nature seems to dictate what they do during the day opposed to some kind of program. They don't have a lot and have to work hard but for the most part, they seem more real and more happy than most Americans today. In the US everything has become a program and you are no longer a human being. You are a human resource. We are becoming like the borg.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-27-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I usually have trouble following "group think"... generally because I'm too busy thinking for myself.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Unhappy

The problem is people today have been conditioned to follow group think. Being a team player or bringing everyone down so things are fair are the norm. That was done on purpose to make the American public more controllable. To make them fall in line. Now I see people getting ripped off and putting up with things they shouldn't. They don't negotiate or they don't say NO! They take it up the ass because for whatever reason they are scared of stepping out and bringing attention on themselves.

I can remember when things were just the opposite. People were dynamic and interesting and had passion. Now it's a boring even keel. Is it the Prozac? Are that many people on that shit?

I just talked to someone who spent a year in Ecuador. He said the first thing he noticed coming back to the states is a lot of people are really fat. Second, they are in an unemotional daze. He says it's nice to be able to flush the toilet paper down the toilet but he says in Ecuador people are still human beings and not sheep. He says they don't have all the gizmos and real life dictates what they do. They have to re thatch the roof, or they have to cut the bananas or they have to go weed the garden. They are busy living a real life and nature seems to dictate what they do during the day opposed to some kind of program. They don't have a lot and have to work hard but for the most part, they seem more real and more happy than most Americans today. In the US everything has become a program and you are no longer a human being. You are a human resource. We are becoming like the borg.

Have you ever seen the Disney movie Wall-e? The middle to the ending of that movie personifies where human life is going. Sadly, America is leading the pack in the race down the road to cultural ruin.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have you ever seen the Disney movie Wall-e? The middle to the ending of that movie personifies where human life is going. Sadly, America is leading the pack in the race down the road to cultural ruin.
    It's bigger than just the US. It's the industrialized west. The bankers used the wealth to rape the rest of the world for it's resources. The US had the most wealth which basically was the result of people having a government that gave them the freedom to be themselves and chase their dreams the resulting innovation and motivation built the highest standard of living in the world. Then it was systematically stolen by the banks once they got their Federal Reserve system into place. What really screwed the world was the international banking system that has traditionally been ran out of Europe and the US. What ruined the west was the destruction of the traditional family. Once you have a mass level of broken homes it takes everything down with it. That has been a well known fact historically.

A lot of nations just are going to die off. They aren't having enough children. One thing for sure is the the debt bubble everyone is in is going to pop in the future and quantitative easing will no longer be an option. The countries who have young, educated people with a work ethic are who will pull out of the ashes of it all. India and southeast asia are probably where the future action will be. I don't think the US will be the numero uno economy anymore but it might not be the disaster everyone thinks it's going to be either. The countries that have aging populations and a lot of debt are going to be the ones who are going to have a real hard time in the future. Actually Iran with it's young educated population could be a future player if they can get past that religious shit holding them down.

Economies are people and their lifestyles. What creates huge economic booms are kids growing up, getting educated, getting jobs and buying stuff. When you have a baby boom that starts buying homes,cars, and other things that creates an upturn in the economy. That has way more to do with it than any government program. Government programs usually only affect the short-term. The government doesn't make babies. Married couples do and how those babies are raised determines your future economy. If you don't have any, you die off regardless of how educated you are, how good your science is, and how much technology you have. Fucking a sex robot has diminishing returns in the overall picture. Children really are the future. Something wise societies have always understood.

Nature always gets the last laugh. Man can never beat the natural cycle no matter how hard he tries to control it.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-27-2013 at 02:15 PM.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was gonna write all of that, but I'm at work.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nature always gets the last laugh. Man can never beat the natural cycle no matter how hard he tries to control it.
    "Nature always finds a way." - Dr. Ian Malcolm

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Men make plans and nature laughs.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was gonna write all of that, but I'm at work.
    So am I. I'm a fast typer.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So am I. I'm a fast typer.
    Oh yeah, you have a "fast right hand."

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh yeah, you have a "fast right hand."
    Naw. That's makes you cum too fast.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Was referencing the Speed Barrier thread chop busting I gave ya.

Thread Information