X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Joe Tait returns to broadcasting Cavs home games today.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

LeBron James' mom arrested

Where else? Florida.

ESPN

MIAMI -- The mother of Miami Heat forward LeBron James was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge early Thursday morning at a Miami Beach hotel, area media outlets reported.

Gloria James was arrested following an incident at the Fontainebleau Hotel, Miami Beach police said, according to multiple media reports. She was released early Thursday morning.

James allegedly assaulted a parking attendant at the hotel, according to WPLG-TV.

The Heat played the Milwaukee Bucks at home Wednesday night, and Gloria James has routinely attended her son's home games. The Heat lost Wednesday, 90-85.

Gloria James has been in trouble with the law in the past. She was arrested in 2006 in Ohio on a drunken driving charge.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Yeah...she's a special...special lady...

ask Delonte West...

Now that would be a story...LeBron's has a little brother...Delonte's son...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Joe Tait returns to broadcasting Cavs home games today.
          Have a good life...everybody...

The greatest...I wouldn't listen to the games on the radio...until he returned...

Now what...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Cavs got the number 1 pick in the draft due to the clippers dumbly trading away an unprotected pick

they also have the number 4 pick

Tribe is in first place..

Welcome to Cleveland Kyrie Irving
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Preview of the Browns improving offense...

...and terrible defense...

McCoy intrigues me. I'm curious to see if we can reach .500 this year, and maybe next year finally make a move for the playoffs.

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You really can't judge by preseason whether or not a team is going to be worth a shit or not as they are playing mostly rookies, walk-ons, and players that are trying to make the team. The starters might go for a series or two, but even then they are still rusty from the offseason and aren't quite into playing shape, yet. The preseason is not a good indicator of how your team has or hasn't improved...you really can't tell, and it can sure fool you once the regular season starts. I remember back in 1989 when Jimmy Johnson took over as coach of the Cowboys that they went undefeated in the preseason, and I was thinking, wow, Jimmy really has turned this team around and we're going to be good this year! They proceeded to win ONE game all season. I believe it was the Lions a few years ago that also went undefeated in preseason and ended up going winless in the regular season, so you really can't tell anything from preseason.

The Browns got rid of Mangina, so they have already improved in that respect.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

The Browns organization has a different mentality...but THIS organization (after Modell left) really knows nothing but losing, and that's tough to overcome.

I like McCoy, but still think the Browns lack a receiver that can bail him out.

Good line though...

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    The Browns organization has a different mentality...but THIS organization (after Modell left) really knows nothing but losing, and that's tough to overcome.

I like McCoy, but still think the Browns lack a receiver that can bail him out.

Good line though...
                    Line looked even better. They got rid of that bum St. Clair, and they seem to actually give McCoy time to throw.

Greg Little has looked good at Wideout, guy we got with a 2nd rounder and was even able to throw a decent crack-back block. But agreed, that needs to be worked on.

And without a question the org. has been a joke since '89 pretty much due to Modell meddeling around where he wasn't supposed to. Then the jackass couldn't manage to make money off of a team where the stadium was constantly sold out.

Don't get me wrong on this, The Lerners are good peeps (ignoring their actual, you know..line of business) for what they've tried to do to breathe life back into this organization. But they don't have a clue on how to run a football team, nor the people to hire to run such a franchise.

I will say this, I can see Holmgren working. He's brought in some people who actually seem to know what they're doing and evaluate talent correctly. A wait and see, but maybe they'll finally get it right.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

not a single post during the Browns' shitty-ass season. figures.

best Browns moment of the year was that dude yelling at the stadium on youtube. Factory of Sadness!!

Cavs might not totally such this year. Kyrie looks like the real deal. Need to be high in the lottery again this year, should be a deep class after all those guys stayed in school with the lockout looming.

Tribe still needs a first baseman.
                      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

good article/interview with Randy Lerner

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

OK, here we go, the perpetual best time of the year to be a Browns fan...the Draft!! Two number ones; let's see if we can get it right this year!

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

literally, while those of us out East were sleeping, the Tribe has rolled off 7 wins in the last 8.

Go Tribe. On the warpath!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                              literally, while those of us out East were sleeping, the Tribe has rolled off 7 wins in the last 8.

Go Tribe. On the warpath!
                              You DGT...and those 7 of 8...on the fucking road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again...

I've been saying it since the beginning of fucking April, this fucking team is built to take off in April and the first part of May...mainly with regards to their schedule...check it out the rest of this month...and next month...

we should see the infusion of a few more players...starting with Damon, followed by Sizemore...followed by Roberto Hernandez...three former all stars...far from their glory...but it's almost like a big-time trade...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

that's gonna have to pass as a big-time trade in these parts.

I think the key is Ubaldo. everyone was shitting on the trade when he struggled down the stretch last year, but I still think he can be our #1 guy. If he pitches well, it just sets up the rest of the rotation so well. That was the ballsiest move this team has made in YEARS, so I give them credit for going for it.

Comment

Working...