wooohoo! go browns!

Chad Henne is a joke!

Joe Haden is a beast
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Don't gloat, you won by a field goal. Then again, it came off a Henne interception.

Never mind, go ahead and gloat.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

after losing all of them like this earlier this year, I'll take the last couple weeks of close wins.
          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Chad Henne still can't beat a team from Ohio...

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
              Chad Henne still can't beat a team from Ohio...
              Really, what about the Bengals a few weeks ago?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Really, what about the Bengals a few weeks ago?
                OHIO, we define ciny as Kentucky .

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

I do have a question

being that the browns are on the rise in the AFC North, and the Bengals seemed to be returning to last place, could the browns at least make it more of a three-team division year in and year out?

The Rats and Steelers have a pretty big chokehold on the division, but I'm not sure yet if the Browns can do it. They are trying to play catch up with two of the best managed teams in the NFL, and are still fairly far off from talent.

The question, what would be more likely in order for some form of success, the browns being able to make it a three-team race, or the ravens/steelers declining in some way?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

it's an up and down league. the Steelers weren't very good last year, so that will happen in cycles. the difference between the good organizations and the bad ones is how long the cycles last. Pittsburgh will have a down year every 4 or 5; the Browns might get lucky to have a good one that often.

even as dreadful as the Browns have been since coming back, they've still been decent once every five years (playoffs in '02. 10-6, but no playoffs in '07). there's a feeling that maybe they are starting to have an organizational shift right now, but time will tell. they are still short on talent, but there is some promise. a normal Browns team in a season like this (toughest schedule in the league - have played all 6 of the top 6 in espn's power rankings, with two more to go with 2nd games vs. Bal/Pit) would be 1-11. but this year they are 5-7 and have been competitive every week.

again, we'll see if it's a shift or not. my fear is that this is the occasional up year, but has been hammered down by the schedule.

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

welp..peter king just said the browns are targeting fucking marty morniweg.

kill me now.

literally with that hire, holmgren will get run the fuck out of town.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                        welp..peter king just said the browns are targeting fucking marty morniweg.

kill me now.

literally with that hire, holmgren will get run the fuck out of town.
                        I said this a few weeks ago: The only reason Morniweg's name is getting mentioned is because Kevin Kolb got injured. I was just telling POJO how amazing it is that one good season in the NFL can change people's perception of a player or coach. Look at Charlie Weis. A year ago he was getting ridden out of Notre Dame on a rail. Now he's expected to be the new offensive coordinator for the Gators.
                        Last edited by chefcraig; 01-02-2011, 09:56 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I just don't think people realize the difference between a coordinator and a head coach. Any good head coach oversees offense, defense, special teams, schemes...the whole shebang, and the great coaches know each scheme as though they were the coordinator. Now that's not to mention knowing schedules, who's doing what...so on and so forth. While all NFL teams have management to take care of it...the coach has to WORRY about it all.

A coordinator has one job. They don't have to worry about much of anything but coaching the offense, or the defense, so on and so forth.

So, just because a guy blows ass as a coach, they generally can step into a coordinator role the following year without taking a hit in that regard. I don't think anyone questions Weis as an offensive coordinator. Look at Kansas City this year as they learned his system.

Florida made a good hire...but I would never hire Weis as a head coach, unless I was at Piss City University, and needed a name for my program.

As for Mornhingweg--he's NEVER really been a renowned coordinator. He made his name as a QB coach for Favray...and we all know Favray is who put his name on the map. He went to San Fran after that, and had Steve Young as his QB. Once Young got hurt and retired, the 9ers offense was prolific, but the team fucking sucked. Their first winning season under Garcia came the year after Mornhingweg left. Then came the Lions gig...then a bunch of underling jobs...and of course...this year with Vick. Where did that get him, and seriously...Vick's great games were Vick...

So anyways...if he's ever a head coach again, then the owners need to take themselves behind a barn and shoot themselves in the head.

As for Shurmur getting hired...while I think they should have hired a commodity, it's fairly apparent that Holmgren wants a coach he can control a bit. Shurmur will listen to Holmgren, and his uncle...so Holmgren can coach without actually coaching...and if something happens, he can step right in and they'll be running the same schemes he normally runs.

He's an offensive guy, and he's smart...so we shall see. I'm fairly curious at who they'll hire as a DC...I hear Dick Jauron...which would be a good hire...again...a great coordinator...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Dear LeBitch...

How's that Karma treating you?

Heat is what...0-3 since you opened your fucking trap? You rolled your ankle? Bosh is hurt?

Fuck off big mouth...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              Dear LeBitch...

How's that Karma treating you?

Heat is what...0-3 since you opened your fucking trap? You rolled your ankle? Bosh is hurt?

Fuck off big mouth...
                              By now, you can pretty much guess how pleased I feel about this, but just to take things a step further, let's review how this current situation came about. Initially, Le Bone makes a twitter statement that mocks the Cavaliers. Instead of just going after the team's owner, the statements are wide ranging enough that he winds up not only insulting his former team, but the entire city. A day later, rather than owning the issue, he denies ever having made the statements. Later that same day, he again contradicts himself by saying the statements had merit. HUH?

One day this goofball announces to the world he enjoys the role of villain, the next he proves that he doesn't have the sack for such a designation. So rather than coming off as a Bond villain, he ends up looking like Dr. Evil in an Austin Powers movie: Completely oblivious to his own cluelessness. And standing next to him are Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, both looking uncomfortably like Mini me and Number Two.
                              Last edited by chefcraig; 01-16-2011, 12:06 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                As for Shurmur getting hired...while I think they should have hired a commodity, it's fairly apparent that Holmgren wants a coach he can control a bit. Shurmur will listen to Holmgren, and his uncle...so Holmgren can coach without actually coaching...and if something happens, he can step right in and they'll be running the same schemes he normally runs.
                                i think Fritz is dead. unless you mean he'll listen to his uncle Luke Skywalker/Ben Kenobi-style.

now Holmgren is on the clock. he's got his coach, and his second draft coming up. but then, Lerner is supposedly smitten with his soccer team enough that what happens here is not a big thing to him.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...