X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Onto the head coaching position...

it looks like Flip Saunders is the guy they are going to go after...I like Saunders...but he has no fucking playoff history to speak of other than last year...but could be an interesting choice...

and of course...Phil Jackson will be mentioned...and Larry Brown...and some others...

I don't know that Jackson will ever consider Cleveland...although they may be in a similar position as the Bulls were when he came there...

I'm not a fan of Saunders either...another Silas if you ask me...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Cleveland needs a win against Detroit...and are losing...gotta give props to Detroit in this one...with nothing to gain...they are going all out...

Cleveland is a game up on New Jersey...will lose the tie break if they tie...have knocked out Wallace...and at one point Rip Hamilton out of this game...and are down 4...

not only that...there's this going around...

ESPN's Greg Anthony and Tim Legler, along with TNT's Kenny Smith, have been reported as candidates as either the next GM or coach of the Cavaliers.

Just what the Cavs need...fucking TV analysts running the club...

fuck the Cavs...why don't they just call New York today...and say..."Hey...we'll give you LeBron for a SWIFT KICK IN THE FUCKING ASS..."
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...the Tribe rebounds with a good pitching performance from their always injured "ace."

They won because a beaning...but who gives a fuck...just goes to show you that the error and beaning are part of the Twins game...lmfao...

Here's to July 21st...

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Keep laughin, punchy... LOL

Get 8-21 tatoo'd on yer ass.
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

8-21? WTF kind of calendars do they have in Minnesota...

or have you changed your belief to August 21st...lmfao...dumbass...

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

1954 is the year of the last Cleveland Indians championship.

LMFAO.

Or, is it 1948?

Really LMFAO.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

and pssst...EVH...let me let you in on a clue...and you know it as well as I do...

4 or 5 years for the Yankees...is 50 to the Tribe...

You can throw the big numbers around like 27 championships (which is fucking incredible by the way) all day long...but when you have the talent they have year in and year out...they should win every other year.

The past is the past...and this current team...and the ones of past years have all underachieved...congrats...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Cavaliers Fire GM Jim Paxson

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

CLEVELAND - Jim Paxson was fired Thursday as general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers, whose stunning second-half collapse this season cost them their first trip to the NBA playoffs in seven years.

Paxson's dismissal has been expected for weeks and came exactly one month after Paul Silas was fired as coach by owner Dan Gilbert, who has had a tumultuous first 50 days running the franchise.

The Cavaliers were 31-21 on Feb. 25, and 34-30 when Silas was fired. But the team fell apart down the stretch despite the play of LeBron James and finished 42-40, losing a tiebreaker with New Jersey for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

Gilbert, who took over as principal owner from Gordon Gund on March 1, said he released Paxson with two years and $2 million left on the GM's contract because he said change was necessary.

"We felt the team had made progress in the past two years," Gilbert said. "But to get to a championship level we felt we needed to bring our own people in."

Gilbert also said interim coach Brendan Malone, who went 8-10 after taking over for Silas, will not be a candidate to be the Cavs' next coach. Malone, however, will remain with the organization.

In missing the playoffs again, the Cavaliers wasted an MVP-caliber year from James, who averaged 27.2 points, 7.4 rebounds and 7.2 assists in his second pro season. Gilbert, who made his fortune in online mortgage banking, understands the importance of bringing in better players to complement James.

"We've got who we feel is the best basketball player in the game," Gilbert said. "We need to build a team around him and not settle for mediocrity or a .500 season. We want to win a championship or more."

Gilbert said he doesn't have names for a possible successor to Paxson. He wants Cleveland's next GM to hire the team's coach.

Gilbert said Paxson handled his dismissal as well as could be expected.

"Jim has been a class act the entire time," he said. "He has a wealth of knowledge and has been the consummate professional."

A two-time All-Star as a player, Paxson's six-year tenure as Cleveland's GM will be remembered for poor draft picks, a litany of head coaching changes, the arrival of LeBron James, Carlos Boozer's defection as a free agent, but perhaps most importantly, no playoff appearances.

Although critics are quick to point out Paxson's failings, he was also responsible for ridding the team of some burdensome contracts — leftovers from previous GM Wayne Embry — that had prevented the Cavaliers from improving with offseason moves.

Paxson traded Shawn Kemp and his four-year $70.8 million contract to Portland in 2000. He also was responsible for freeing the team of deals that Embry and former principal owner Gordon Gund gave to players including Lamond Murray, Bob Sura, Wes Person, Brevin Knight and Cedric Henderson.

Paxson has finally put the Cavaliers in position to spend money on free agents this summer, but now he won't get the chance.

Paxson joined the Cavaliers as their vice president of basketball operations in 1998 and succeeded Embry as GM the following year. He got a contract extension and promotion last July from Gund, who has retained a 15 percent share in the team now owned by Gilbert.

The Cavaliers were 185-307 in Paxson's six seasons in charge.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

bye bye Jimmy, you fucking worthless piece of shit.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

now i gotta return those playoff tix.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Well...I'm looking forward to next year...they have Cap room...now we'll see if they fucking get the right guy to run this organization...

But I'll tell you this...if it's Tolbert or fucking Kenny Smith...

They need to go out and get someone who fucking knows what they are doing...and is respected in the league...not tv know-it-alls...who will fall flat on their face...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Cavs are going to make a run at Larry Brown for head coach...a smart move...

and are going to be in play for one or two of the following...Redd, Larry Hughes, Ray Allen or Joe Johnson. Would love to see them sign Hughes and Johnson...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Larry Brown won't be a head coach...looks like they are looking at him for GM...

I wonder if they could talk him into nabbing Phil Jackson...

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I still think Phil will go back to LA.

I think for all his Kobe is a troublemaker talk, he finds him an interesting test.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Jackson could nullify the "nobody wants to play with Kobe" factor as well...

If Jackson is willing to go back...then other NBA players will follow...

It would be a smart move on the Lakers' part...

a step in the right direction...

and they'd have the two of them hugging and kissing on the front page of every paper in the country...

Comment

Working...