Status
    Thanks

Shit, Poj. Check it out.

BUCKS/WOLVERQUEENS

STILLERS/BROWNS

ON THE SAME FUCKING WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Vs.

12. RIVALRY WEEKEND, BUCKEYE STYLE
    Sat., Nov. 18: Michigan at Ohio State (Columbus)
    College football's most enduring rivalry has gone the Buckeyes' way four of the last five times. Maybe the Wolverines should invite John Cooper to the Horseshoe. His mere presence usually ensures a Michigan win.

Vs.

Sun., Nov. 19: Pittsburgh at Cleveland
    So, this rivalry has gone south since the Bernie Kosar era, but that could be changing under the guidance of Romeo Crennel. The Super Bowl champs provide a litmus test.

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/new...t&lid=tab1pos1

ESPN's is calling the Ultimate Sports Weekend for Ohio, This is going to be Fucking grate Bro.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah...I saw that already...

a good weekend...no doubt...

at least Ohio will get one good win out of it...

and no Al...not the Browns...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It looks like the Bulls are thinking of offering the Cavs their #2 pick to the Cavs for Zydrunas Ilgauskis..

this would be a great deal...

not a great draft...but no doubt the Cavs would be able to address one of their needs with the #2...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

my guess is that Cleveland would be going after LaMarcus Aldridge...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There's also a rumor that Cleveland could deal Z...sign and trade Gooden...

to Milwaukee for Jamal Magliore (a more athletic center)...and get Aldridge...

Magliore/Aldreidge (Bosh-like...but probably stronger) would be a HUGE improvement over Z/Gooden IMO...

it won't happen...because no way Milwaukee deals Jamal to the Cavs...but it would be outstanding if it did...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Savage is optimistic
    Thursday, June 1, 2006
    By Steve Doerschuk Repository sports writer

CANTON - Phil Savage seems a little angry with Reuben Droughns, and a lot optimistic about his team.

During a fundraising speech for the Children’s Network of Stark County on Wednesday, the Browns’ general manager punctuated an it’s-time-to-win rant with a one-liner that drew quick applause:

“Let’s go do some damage to Pittsburgh for a change.”

Before his talk for the Canton Browns Backers function at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Savage fleshed out his stance on Droughns. The running back was arrested in Colorado last week on domestic violence charges.

“Anytime a player has an issue off the field, you’re concerned about it,” Savage said. “We extended Reuben this spring, and with that comes more responsibility.”

Savage was talking about a new contract that runs through 2009, coming off Droughns’ 1,232-yard rushing year.

“I think he’s expressed sorrow to us about it,” Savage said. “It’s something that we’ll monitor over the next few months. We certainly don’t want it to happen again.”

The Browns will begin voluntary spring practice today, leading up to a mandatory minicamp June 16 through 18.

“(Droughns) is back here in Cleveland,” Savage said. “He’ll start our (practice) tomorrow. I’ve spoken to him. Romeo (Crennel) has spoken to him. I’ve spoken to his representative.”

Savage seemed optimistic Droughns’ legal proceedings can be resolved by early July.

“Hopefully, all of this will be rectified before we ever even get under way with training camp,” Savage said.

Droughns might have re-opened the door for forgotten man William Green, a first-round draft pick in 2002 whose Cleveland contract expires after this season. Savage volunteered Green’s name a couple of times Wednesday in a general discussion of the team’s running prospects.

Plan A remains getting Droughns back on the field as the feature back, but Lee Suggs — signed through 2007 — also might have additional opportunities.

Savage suggested Suggs can play a key role if he proves he can stay healthy.

“Lee is a talent. We don’t want to short-change talent,” Savage said. “Sometimes durability and dependability override pure ability.”

Savage didn’t mention Droughns during his speech. He did touch on a January front-office blow-up that left him standing and President John Collins out.

Savage and owner Randy Lerner both say they worked through the ordeal and have a good relationship.

“I met with Randy today,” Savage told a capacity crowd. “This is the job I thought I was getting when I walked in the door. It took a little time to get there ...

“I’m convinced the Browns can win. I’m convinced the Browns will win. And that’s exciting news for a fan base that’s been starved for a consistent winner.”

This was Savage’s second appearance at a Browns backers fundraiser for the Children’s Network. A lot has happened since the previous one last spring.

“I think now we can stand up and start talking about winning,” Savage said. “It’s not just about being representative and ‘hold the thing together and let’s see what we have.’ That was last year.

“This year is gonna be more about trying to win, and ... get out there and compete ... win our division, win our division games. You know ...”

After a short pause, he delivered the line that brought the applause: “Let’s go do some damage to Pittsburgh for a change.”

When the Browns face Pittsburgh on Nov. 19, it will have been more than three years since they last beat the Steelers. Pittsburgh won the last meeting 41-0 on Christmas Eve.

Since then, Savage has added several key agents, including Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley, who attended Wednesday’s dinner. He drafted pass rusher Kamerion Wimbley, whom he said is “an A-plus person and we think he’s gonna be an A-plus on the field in due time.”

The key man is second-year pro Charlie Frye, the starting quarterback.

“I think Charlie can do it,” Savage said. “He better be able to do it, or you’ll have a different speaker.”

The Droughns issue notwithstanding, Savage said, “We’ve had various issues with this team since last January. We’ve done a good job of cleaning the locker room up. I think we’ve got a good group of guys, a really good group of players.

“I feel 1,000 percent better than I did a year ago.”

Reach Repository sports writer Steve Doerschuk at (330) 580-8347 or e-mail: steve.doerschuk@cantonrep.com

http://www.browns247.com/forums/inde...showtopic=3400

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...they better focus on more than the Steelers...lmfao...

believe me...the mark of a great team generally doesn't focus on one team...

which will be the Bengals and Browns mistakes this year...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Well...they better focus on more than the Steelers...lmfao...

believe me...the mark of a great team generally doesn't focus on one team...

which will be the Bengals and Browns mistakes this year...
    I think though, That 41-0 blanking finally woke them up. Someone said on another board they ran into Charlie Frye and told him "Beat The Steelers this year bro" or something along those lines. And they said that he had this look in his eyes, Like he truly wants to beat them.

Thats the grate part about getting Local guys (Frye, Cribbs, Juerivicious, Bentley, Zastudil. etc.), They understand what the Rivalry means to this town, and why we want to beat them.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can't disagree with that...

Tressel came into Columbus with one thing in mind...

beating Michigan...

and that worked for him a bit...

especially once he started grabbing all the Ohio players again...

that that fucking homo Cooper forgot to do...

fucking cunt...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yup, Pained my Heart to see Cooper lose some awesome players from my homestate to the WolverQueens.

That is the goal this year, If we could beat the Steelers once or twice this year, it would make me a happy man, that and Winning the Super Bowl, But We all know thats not going to happen.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah...we all know beating the Steelers isn't going to happen...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Frye starts job as No. 1
    Friday, June 2, 2006
    By Steve Doerschuk REPOSITORY SPORTS WRITER

link

It seemed official Thursday. Young Charlie Frye was on the edge of the hot seat.

The Browns ran through their first voluntary spring practice, launching Frye’s run as the team’s undisputed starting quarterback.

For the first time in public, during a talk at a Canton Browns Backers dinner, General Manager Phil Savage revealed the background of how Frye came so far, so fast.

The 2005 draft had steamed through two rounds. Savage had picked wideout Braylon Edwards at No. 3 overall and safety Brodney Pool at No. 34.

“We ranked 150 players on our board,” Savage said. “Charlie was our 45th-ranked player. People say, ‘Is that a second-round grade?’ We just let players fall off the board and said, ‘If he’s still there when the players ahead of him are gone, we’ll take him.’

“There was one name ahead of Charlie Frye when it was our turn in the third round.‘’

The name was Ellis Hobbs. He had played for a nondescript Iowa State team, but he did turn out to be something of a find for the Patriots.

New England grabbed him late in the third round, at No. 84. Hobbs started the Patriots’ last 10 games at left cornerback, and they went 7-3.

The Browns had been on the clock in the third round with the 67th pick.

“We’re sitting there talking about it,” Savage aid, “and I’m like ... ‘OK, Ellis Hobbs is ... probably gonna be a nickel corner. He might be a starting corner at some point, but ... he’s 5-foot-9, 180-some pounds, and he’s he only guy standing between Charlie Frye and the Cleveland Browns.

“ ‘Guys, there’s no way we pass up Charlie Frye, who potentially might be our quarterback in a year or two, because this kid ... has got grit, moxie, mobility. He’s got just enough arm. Let’s do it.’ ”

Savage’s first hard look at Frye came in 2004 while in Baltimore.

“One of the Ravens’ scouts wanted to go to Penn State, which was playing ... Akron,” Savage said. “I told him I’d ride up there with him ... Akron had this quarterback, Charlie Frye.”

Savage talked with former Browns linebacker Frank Stams, who was doing radio work for Akron. Stams raved about Frye’s toughness and mobility. Akron wound up getting waxed, 48-10, but Savage liked the way Frye hung in.

Months passed before Savage saw Frye again, this time as the Browns’ new GM, at the Senior Bowl that set the stage for the 2005 draft. Senior Bowl practices draw hundreds of NFL scouts to Mobile, Ala.

“Charlie is not gonna wow you with physical gifts or throwing a pretty ball,” Savage said, “so we sat in the bleachers ... (and) watched Charlie throw left to right, right to left, down low, up high, and we were like ... ‘I don’t know about this guy. He just throws kind of average.’ ‘’

Most scouts make Senior Bowl judgments via practices and leave before the game.

“A handful of us stayed for the game,” Savage said. “Who emerged as the MVP but Charlie Frye?”

Two months later, Frye threw for scouts at Akron’s Pro Day.

“I didn’t really want to go,” Savage said. “In that environment, he’s just going to be throwing ‘on air.’

“I acted like I was watching him, but I really wasn’t. I didn’t want to skew our vision of him.’ ”

Savage drove from there to a speaking engagement near Uniontown, then drove to a private meeting with Frye.

“For two hours,” Savage said, “we watched film and talked about the Browns and his career at Akron.

“I’m sitting there listening to this guy thinking, ‘This is not a silver-platter quarterback.’ This is a guy who has earned his way, coming from the small town of Willard, Ohio, probably overlooked to a degree.

“He’s led a less-than-stellar college team into Iowa, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin and Penn State. There’s something a little unique about this guy.”

Savage consulted with coaches and scouts. Films were studied. A consensus was formed. It wasn’t as glowing as reports that projected Frye as a Brett Favre-style improviser — Frye doesn’t have Favre’s arm. But it placed a certain premium on his “intangibles.”

The Browns picked Frye in Round 3 and wound up installing him as the starter after going with Trent Dilfer for 11 games. Dilfer is gone. Frye was the hot-button name at Thursday’s start of spring practice.

“I feel like with LeCharles Bentley and some of the offensive linemen we have, a healthy K2 (Kellen Winslow Jr.) back ...,” Savage said. “The team built around Charlie will be able to hold him up when he does have to struggle at times.

“Yet, he has that little bit of a dimension that when the other guys are flat, he might be able to lift them up. I think he can do that late in games.

“He did that against the Ravens when we were down 16-6 and came back to win. That’s kind of been his M.O..”

By now, Frye seems a natural for the job. How different the Browns’ spring would seem if the pick had been Hobbs.

BACKERS’ BIG NIGHT

Savage’s appearance helped raise $35,000 for the Children’s Network of Stark County, according to Canton Browns Backers President Chuck Schuster.

Schuster and a network of volunteers put together the program, which featured donated auction items.

“We nearly doubled what we raised in 2005,” Schuster said. “It was a night to remember, and it’s going to be tough to beat next year.”

Browns players LeCharles Bentley and Josh Cribbs attended Wednesday’s dinner and told Schuster they want to attend the Network’s Children’s Christmas Party this year.

http://www.browns247.com/forums/inde...showtopic=3408

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2003 @ 08:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Frye starts job as No. 1
    Friday, June 2, 2006
    By Steve Doerschuk REPOSITORY SPORTS WRITER

link

It seemed official Thursday. Young Charlie Frye was on the edge of the hot seat.

The Browns ran through their first voluntary spring practice, launching Frye’s run as the team’s undisputed starting quarterback.

For the first time in public, during a talk at a Canton Browns Backers dinner, General Manager Phil Savage revealed the background of how Frye came so far, so fast.

The 2005 draft had steamed through two rounds. Savage had picked wideout Braylon Edwards at No. 3 overall and safety Brodney Pool at No. 34.

“We ranked 150 players on our board,” Savage said. “Charlie was our 45th-ranked player. People say, ‘Is that a second-round grade?’ We just let players fall off the board and said, ‘If he’s still there when the players ahead of him are gone, we’ll take him.’

“There was one name ahead of Charlie Frye when it was our turn in the third round.‘’

The name was Ellis Hobbs. He had played for a nondescript Iowa State team, but he did turn out to be something of a find for the Patriots.

New England grabbed him late in the third round, at No. 84. Hobbs started the Patriots’ last 10 games at left cornerback, and they went 7-3.

The Browns had been on the clock in the third round with the 67th pick.

“We’re sitting there talking about it,” Savage aid, “and I’m like ... ‘OK, Ellis Hobbs is ... probably gonna be a nickel corner. He might be a starting corner at some point, but ... he’s 5-foot-9, 180-some pounds, and he’s he only guy standing between Charlie Frye and the Cleveland Browns.

“ ‘Guys, there’s no way we pass up Charlie Frye, who potentially might be our quarterback in a year or two, because this kid ... has got grit, moxie, mobility. He’s got just enough arm. Let’s do it.’ ”

Savage’s first hard look at Frye came in 2004 while in Baltimore.

“One of the Ravens’ scouts wanted to go to Penn State, which was playing ... Akron,” Savage said. “I told him I’d ride up there with him ... Akron had this quarterback, Charlie Frye.”

Savage talked with former Browns linebacker Frank Stams, who was doing radio work for Akron. Stams raved about Frye’s toughness and mobility. Akron wound up getting waxed, 48-10, but Savage liked the way Frye hung in.

Months passed before Savage saw Frye again, this time as the Browns’ new GM, at the Senior Bowl that set the stage for the 2005 draft. Senior Bowl practices draw hundreds of NFL scouts to Mobile, Ala.

“Charlie is not gonna wow you with physical gifts or throwing a pretty ball,” Savage said, “so we sat in the bleachers ... (and) watched Charlie throw left to right, right to left, down low, up high, and we were like ... ‘I don’t know about this guy. He just throws kind of average.’ ‘’

Most scouts make Senior Bowl judgments via practices and leave before the game.

“A handful of us stayed for the game,” Savage said. “Who emerged as the MVP but Charlie Frye?”

Two months later, Frye threw for scouts at Akron’s Pro Day.

“I didn’t really want to go,” Savage said. “In that environment, he’s just going to be throwing ‘on air.’

“I acted like I was watching him, but I really wasn’t. I didn’t want to skew our vision of him.’ ”

Savage drove from there to a speaking engagement near Uniontown, then drove to a private meeting with Frye.

“For two hours,” Savage said, “we watched film and talked about the Browns and his career at Akron.

“I’m sitting there listening to this guy thinking, ‘This is not a silver-platter quarterback.’ This is a guy who has earned his way, coming from the small town of Willard, Ohio, probably overlooked to a degree.

“He’s led a less-than-stellar college team into Iowa, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin and Penn State. There’s something a little unique about this guy.”

Savage consulted with coaches and scouts. Films were studied. A consensus was formed. It wasn’t as glowing as reports that projected Frye as a Brett Favre-style improviser — Frye doesn’t have Favre’s arm. But it placed a certain premium on his “intangibles.”

The Browns picked Frye in Round 3 and wound up installing him as the starter after going with Trent Dilfer for 11 games. Dilfer is gone. Frye was the hot-button name at Thursday’s start of spring practice.

“I feel like with LeCharles Bentley and some of the offensive linemen we have, a healthy K2 (Kellen Winslow Jr.) back ...,” Savage said. “The team built around Charlie will be able to hold him up when he does have to struggle at times.

“Yet, he has that little bit of a dimension that when the other guys are flat, he might be able to lift them up. I think he can do that late in games.

“He did that against the Ravens when we were down 16-6 and came back to win. That’s kind of been his M.O..”

By now, Frye seems a natural for the job. How different the Browns’ spring would seem if the pick had been Hobbs.

BACKERS’ BIG NIGHT

Savage’s appearance helped raise $35,000 for the Children’s Network of Stark County, according to Canton Browns Backers President Chuck Schuster.

Schuster and a network of volunteers put together the program, which featured donated auction items.

“We nearly doubled what we raised in 2005,” Schuster said. “It was a night to remember, and it’s going to be tough to beat next year.”

Browns players LeCharles Bentley and Josh Cribbs attended Wednesday’s dinner and told Schuster they want to attend the Network’s Children’s Christmas Party this year.

http://www.browns247.com/forums/inde...showtopic=3408
    Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So Frye is going to be starter, I'm wondering how he will do, there is not a lot of high expectations for him, being that he wasn't drafted in the 1st round. But I think he can make it happen. Still don't have complete faith in the guy. Though I suppose if he screws up, We could pick Up Troy Smith in Next years draft .

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2007 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm so tired of hoping for a rejuvenation of the Cleveland Browns. (Aside from 2002, it has only been a contest to see how many games below .500 we'd be and the year we got in were only 1 game above .500.)

But, being the eternal Browns fan (notice I didn't say optimist), I'll always be a glutton for punishment. Maybe a little of the Cavs good fortune will rub off on the Browns and they'll make a good run. I just hope Frye can be even a strong minimalist, not turning over the ball, making bad throws, or taking sacks. It'll be great if he can do more, but just not making mistakes will be a Godsend because, as of now, there's nothing waiting in the wings if Frye doesn't succeed. (I know, give him a chance.)

The best part is, I can never not be anxious for the season to get here because there's always the hope that "this is the year".

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Their line is better...much better...

.500 or better isn't out of the question if Frye isn't overrated...and I think he is..

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Their line is better...much better...

.500 or better isn't out of the question if Frye isn't overrated...and I think he is..

See I don't feel a good vibe with him, Don't entirely trust the guy, Until he does something impressive like what Roethlisberger did with Pittsburgh, I'd be waiting to get Troy Smith next year.

BTW, Welcome SA ME WHO, Grate to have another browns fan here.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cavs definitely need to unload Z on someone though. And if they can find a suitor, as long as they're not taking an ass-raping as well, they should do the deal and get rid of Z ASAP.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Z is fine...but how man traditional, back to the basket centers are there in basketball?

Not many...

Nothing against Z...but he just doesn't fit the Cavs' plans...

signing him was a mistake...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cleveland is 23-10 in games where starters have gone 6 or more innings...

4-17 when they don't...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Time for some of the staff to step up to the plate, so to speak.

The first week or two, things looked promising (if for no other reason than their horrendous start last year sabotaged any post-season hopes they had. Not so much since. It's June boys. Time to start getting the ball in motion. (I'm not even going to say rolling. I'll settle for motion at this point.)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They'll be fine...

just have to make sure the Tigers aren't for real...

but I expect Cleveland to end up somewhere around 100 wins this year...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yo Poj. or VA, I was reading this and they said that Rooney and Wilson for Buffalo voted against the browns moving, Why is that? I could never figure out why Pittsburgh our Biggest Rivals wanted us to stay/

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do you guys have any idea why?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rooney is a diehard NFLer...and his belief was that the NFL was a better place with the Browns as a part of it. I agree with him. Rooney knew...as a fan in a similar market...that Rooney was full of shit...and that ultimately...Cleveland would give that team a new stadium...

He also feared that Cleveland...one of the original NFL franchises...moving...would set a shitty precedent. Thankfully...with Rooney's help...he made sure that not only would Cleveland get their team back...but they'd get their history back from fucking Modell as well...

Rooney is perhaps the classiest owner ever...and I'm not kidding when I say that...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rooney is a diehard NFLer...and his belief was that the NFL was a better place with the Browns as a part of it. I agree with him. Rooney knew...as a fan in a similar market...that Rooney was full of shit...and that ultimately...Cleveland would give that team a new stadium...

He also feared that Cleveland...one of the original NFL franchises...moving...would set a shitty precedent. Thankfully...with Rooney's help...he made sure that not only would Cleveland get their team back...but they'd get their history back from fucking Modell as well...

Rooney is perhaps the classiest owner ever...and I'm not kidding when I say that...

http://www.browns247.com/forums/inde...=0&#entry34460

I asked the browns fan there, they said a lot of the same reasons. Rooney is a class act, Would never want to see the Steelers move as well, It would never be the same. We need to get this Rivalry going back up again, No more of this 41-0 bullshit, lets get some down- to-the-wire-for -the-divison-title games going. And I think this will start very soon.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Unchainme

BTW, Welcome SA ME WHO, Grate to have another browns fan here.
    Thanks Chain! I'm a diehard that, no matter how much we suck, can't change, so, it's good to know there's someone to cry in a beer with.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Poj. Have you heard the rumors?

Garnett Has been dining with Gilbert in cleveland, He wants to be a cav, Doesn't shock me, Always seemed like he likes Lebron a lot for some reason.

Iverson has been rumored to come here as well.

Either one of them, Makes us instant Title Contenders instantly and we could easily win the central with them.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

fuck Iverson, leave him where he is.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just can't see either one of them coming to the Cavs...and I'd take either...

I'm not as down on Iverson as twona...and think it being Lebron's team would be enough to tone him down...

as for Garnett...well...you have to work out a deal to get him...and I don't see it happening unless it's for Z (doubt it), or a sign and trade for Gooden...

again...you roll Z outta here...

make a deal for a point like Brevin Knight...get an athletic center...

and you make it to the finals sooner than later...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Lightbulb

I heard a rumor today that the Indians are cutting Sauerbeck and calling up Perez.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I thought Garnett and Iverson were both Free Agents this year?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah...Sauerbeck's been "designated for"

hell...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know about Iverson...

but I know Garnett isn't...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Which means if the rumors are true that Garnett was talking to the Cavs...then there would be league repurcussions...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Looks like Damon Jones will either be packaged in a deal...or cut outright...

dead weight...get rid of the fucker...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Cavs are looking at Quincy Douby (my preferred pick for the Cavs at #1), or Mike Gansey...

both can shoot...and are projected NBA point guards...

there's also rumblings that Danny Ferry is trying to reacquire Andre Miller...who would be perfect as the point for the Cavs...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

James confident about contract with Cavaliers

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

June 21, 2006

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Now that good pal Dwyane Wade has won an NBA title, LeBron James is even more driven to get his first.

"It just makes me hungrier," James said Wednesday at the groundbreaking for a $4.7 million housing project on the city's east side that he and his business team are partially funding. "The best team won it this year, D-Wade and the Miami Heat. But the NBA doesn't stop in one year.

"I've got a long time to get mine."

It's clearer than ever that James wants to win his first championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

On July 1, the club will offer him a five-year, $75 million maximum contract extension. That date has been circled on the Cavs' calendar since they drafted the 21-year-old first overall in 2003.

James is convinced he'll be in Cleveland for a long time.

"I'm very happy here with our team and I'm very excited about our future," he said. "I'm confident we'll get something done. I've got confidence in the organization and what we've done together."

During the announcement of his latest business venture, James was handed a shovel for a photo opportunity to show his commitment to rebuilding an urban area of Cleveland.

The Cavaliers can only hope it also symbolized that their superstar is digging in for a long time.

NBA rules prevent general manager Danny Ferry from publicly commenting on James' contract situation, but it's no secret the team is eager to get beyond July 1.

"It's great that LeBron is showing his commitment toward Northeast Ohio and the city," Ferry said at the ceremony. "The organization is proud of him."

James is proud of Wade, named finals MVP after leading the Heat to four straight wins over the Dallas Mavericks.

Following Miami's 95-92 series-clinching win in Game 6 on Tuesday, James spoke to his jubilant friend in Dallas.

"He was out of his mind, and he doesn't touch alcohol," James said. "I'm excited for him. I'm very happy for him. He's one of my best friends in the whole world. Hopefully, I'll get there one day and he can be excited for me."

James averaged 31.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.6 assists this season while leading the Cavs into the playoffs for the first time since 1998. He was just as good in the postseason (30.8, 8.1 and 5.8) as Cleveland beat Washington in the first round before losing in seven games to Detroit.

There will be a new road block for James next season: the NBA champions.

"We're happy for the Heat," he said. "But at the end of the day it's another step for us (Cavaliers). We want to get better."

As for the housing project, James and three friends and business partners are among the investors in the 18-unit project that will feature two- and three-bedroom, 2,000-square-foot townhouses expected to sell for $265,000 and $325,000 each.

"We're very excited about refurbishing and bringing great things to what we call the hood. Everybody else may call it the city but we call it the hood," James said to cheers at a symbolic groundbreaking for the project. "That's where we grew up at and we never ever had an opportunity like this."

The homes will overlook the scenic Rockefeller Park near the Glenville neighborhood east of downtown.

The lakeside area, once home to the city's most affluent families, is in the beginning stages of a redevelopment after race riots in 1968 caused widespread arson and looting that chased businesses and residents away for nearly 40 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Former 'Canes reunited
    By Steve King, Staff Writer
    June 20, 2006

Kellen Winslow was often Ken Dorsey's go-to receiever at Miami (Fla.).

Photo By Getty Images
    How strange was this, seeing quarterback Ken Dorsey and tight end Kellen Winslow back together after three years on the same team - in Ohio, of all places?

Very strange, to be sure. But there they were this past weekend in the Browns full-squad minicamp.

Only 3˝ years before, a football team from Ohio, Ohio State, was the enemy, and there were few Ohioans rooting for Dorsey, Winslow and the rest of the Miami Hurricanes against the Buckeyes in the Fiesta Bowl in the national championship game following the 2002 season.

That didn't work out that night for Dorsey and Winslow, whose Hurricanes lost to Ohio State 31-24 in two overtimes. In fact, on what turned out to be the game's final play, a hurried Dorsey, facing pressure off the edge from a blitz, threw incomplete near the goal on fourth-and-goal from the OSU 1.

"That was a great game - a hard-fought game - for four quarters. Well, actually, for longer than four quarters," Dorsey, smiling, said after one of the minicamp practices.

The ex-Miami stars are hoping things turn out a lot better for them this year with the Browns.

Winslow, of course, is trying to come back after missing all but a pair of games the last two seasons due to injuries. Though Browns head coach Romeo Crennel said he was probably only 90 percent recovered, Winslow looked fully back - and then some - during the minicamp, making plays all over the field.

But the real test will come in late July when the pads go on with the start of training camp, followed by the preseason and the regular season. He should be at, or close to, 100 percent by then.

Dorsey is currently trying to make his own mark, but in a different way. Just a fourth-year pro himself with only 10 career starts and only 11 games played, the 25-year-old is the backup for young Charlie Frye, entering his second season.

As minicamp closed on Sunday, Crennel said he felt comfortable enough with Dorsey that, "I think we need to go to training camp and give him a chance.''

The easy-going Dorsey seems comfortable with that.

Since he's come to the Browns May 4 in a trade with the 49ers involving the man who was slated to compete with Frye for the starting job this season, Trent Dilfer, Dorsey seems to be easing into a real comfort level. He's learning the system, he's learning his new teammates and, to give him some familiarity, he's been reunited with Winslow.

"This is a great opportunity here for me," Dorsey said. "It's a fresh start. It's a new place. And it's an exciting place. There are a lot of positive things going on here.

Ken Dorsey.

Photo By John H. Reid III
    "Coming in here only a couple months ago, I'm trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible. I'm not thinking about anything other than picking up the offense. I'm not worried about competing for the job."

Obviously, Dorsey wants to play. What player doesn't? But right now, the Browns are intent on giving Frye every chance to succeed.

"I can be that sounding board for Charlie," Dorsey said. "There are things I bring with me. I've played three years in the league. I have the experience of going through things as a starting quarterback, and I've been in a lot of different systems. Charlie and I, we can help each other out."

And, after all those years together at Miami, no one on the Browns knows Winslow better than Dorsey. That really counts for something since Winslow, if he has no health setbacks, is set to be such a big part of this offense.

"It's great to be back throwing the ball to him again in practice," Dorsey said. "He can definitely get back to what he was before he got hurt. He's one of the hardest workers you'll ever see. He expects a lot of himself.

"And because he's so big and strong and fast, he's a great mismatch for the other team. He opens up a lot of things for you."

Just as he did for Dorsey when they were both with the Hurricanes attempting to beat Ohio State.

Now they're in Ohio trying to further a dream instead of seeing one end. The time in between has changed a lot for them.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm very curious How Winslow will work out for us, He's still basically a rookie, But he looked very impressive from what 3 GAMES, We saw of him, I cannot remeber but he was being qouted and he auctually sounded very different, I think the motorcycle accident humbled him, No more of "I'M A FUCKING SOLDIER" Bullshit, I think he finally gets it now.

Thread Information