X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Man I miss the Jake...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

So...the Twinkies get spanked tonight...

and Cleveland...8 1/2 behind Chicago...

3 1/2 behind Minnesota...

hmmmm....
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

and only three teams ahead of them for the wild card slot...early to talk about it...but christ...it's been a few years...just glad to be into June...and able to talk about .500+ baseball...seems that this team is taking the next step...last year it was all about the cusp...then falling back...they've passed the cusp...now the magical 10 games over .500...

I remember thinking the same thing 11 years ago...before the strike...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

8 in a row for Cleveland...

They've won 11 of 12...

36-30 record...

the White Sox win again...so they are 8 1/2 back...damn it...

but...those Twinkies lose again today...

and are 6 1/2 games back...

that's right folks...the Tribe is 2 games behind DLoc's shitwinkies...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

If hotshot Indians keep winning, they will be ahead of schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            By Peter Gammons
            Special to ESPN.com

June 18

It's the 18th of June and the Cleveland Indians are six games over .500, one game better than the Braves in the won-lost column, 1½ better than the Yankees, two better than the Cubs, better than the entire National League West.

Five weeks earlier, the Indians were 12-18 and floundering. Mark Shapiro resisted the temptation that general managers sometime find irresistible -- to feed their egos by making trades to show the fans and media they are "doing something" -- and stuck with what he and manager Eric Wedge believe is a building team that can and will contend next season. "We believed that we are closer to what we hit last season than the first six weeks of 2005," says Shapiro.

As Coco Crisp, Travis Hafner, Ronnie Belliard and most everyone other than Victor Martinez has crept toward their expected norms, the Indians have developed two middle-of-the-diamond regulars in their first full seasons. Grady Sizemore, 22, has an .834 OPS, second best among AL center fielders behind Johnny Damon. Jhonny Peralta, 23, has an .848 OPS, third among AL shortstops after Miguel Tejada and Michael Young.

Outfielder Coco Crisp is one of a host of young Indians players meeting expectations.

With the presence of Bob Wickman at the end of games, Cleveland's bullpen has been the best in the league: Its 2.54 ERA through Friday was .30 lower than runner-up Minnesota, and it has led in strikeout/walk ratio and -- as a stuff indicator -- lowest OPS against. That has allowed C.C. Sabathia, Cliff Lee and, now that he has some support, Jake Westbrook to build as a rotation with Kevin Millwood. Incidentally, Millwood has earned deep respect from his general manager. "This is a guy who threw 200 innings four times before he turned 30," says Shapiro. "When I see that and I see how he stays in games even when he doesn't have his best stuff makes me appreciate how badly he wants it and how he does not ever give in. He's been a very positive influence on the younger pitchers."

Beginning with the 2006 season, the Indians will be able to enter the free-agent market. But they will also have several young pitchers ready for the major leagues, like relievers Fernando Cabrera (5-0, 0.97, 52-7 K/BB in 37 IP) and left-hander Brian Tallet. And Double-A starters Dan Denham (5-3, 3.10, but .201 opponents' average) and J.D. Martin, who in eight starts has a 2.82 ERA and a 56-7 K/BB ratio in 44 2/3 innings. Then there are also two starters who may be on the horizon by this time next year, top prospect Adam Miller, returning from arm problems, and lefty Jeremy Sowers, their 2004 first-round pick from Vanderbilt.

Not that this season is over. The Indians were three games out of the wild card on Saturday, a far cry from where they were five weeks ago, and right where they thought they might be when the season began. Another reminder that even when you're 12-18, only a fifth of your season has been played.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

The FUTURE looks fucking bright...that is for sure...

lots of arms...and we'll get a couple of players next year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Cleveland wins their 9th in a row...

Minnesota loses again...

Cleveland 8 1/2 back of the Sox...who won again...

but only a game behind the Twins...and closing in on that Wild Card slot...

damn if there isn't fucking 3 months left...lmfao...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Cavs are giving their GM job to Danny Ferry...

rumor is...they're going to trade LeBron James to San Antonio for him...Harper wasn't good enough the first time around...

Jesus Christ...

What a carnival of clowns this is going to be...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

fuck Ferry.

if another white guy from Duke never gets a job in Cleveland i'll be happy.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Pojo, you gotta check out www.carlosloozer.com. too fucking funny...
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

lmfao...

CARLOS LOOZER and the Revenge of the Stiffed...

with Gilbert as Princess Leia...

Charles Barkley as Jabba the Hutt...

LeBron as Han Solo...

and the loser as Darth Loozer...

shit if that was fucking classic...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I had a feeling you'd be posting in here...

it's all good Dave's PA...It's all good...

long season...

the Indian youngsters are still finding their footing...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Sabathia was throwing GAS last night...he got rattled easily...

Comment

Working...