Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

They should have been more proactive...and went after Mangini...

a young coach...instead of Crennel...the old guy...

doesn't Crennel remind you a bit of...

well...

Belicheck when he was in Cleveland?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

yeah.

and then Cleveland will fire Crennel, and he will go on to success elsewhere. the Browns will then hire another flavor of the month coordinator with no head coaching experience, and in three years will be no better off than they are this year.

just hang on to Crennel and get him some better players.

Randy Lerner is good at one thing so far...paying coaches not to work.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 12-03-2006 at 08:02 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

lmfao...

I still don't know why the don't go out and get themselves an actual head coach...

but who knows.

I think there aren't as many issues as one would think. You fix that line, and things get better quick...

The thing is...THEY HAVE TO STOP DRAFTING SHITTY RECEIVERS WITH THEIR TOP THREE PICKS?

Christ...how many have they drafted in the past four years?...or five even...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I accidentally posted this in the OSU thread...

so I'll post it here as well...

Cleveland Browns football sucks...

period...

Pittsburgh evens the lifetime series...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

That's life (that's life), that's what all the people say
    You're ridin' high in April, shot down in May
    But I know I'm gonna change that tune
    When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life (that's life), and as funny as it may seem
    Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream
    But I don't let it, let it get me down
    'cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around

oh Well...See ya Romeo..

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

here today, gone later today?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Crennel is obviously not the solution at head coach that the Browns need. They're not improving any, and only getting worse, which means it's time for Romeo to hit the road, although he's only been on the job for two seasons. I watched some of that game last night, and the Browns are so horribly bad it's pathetic! The rookie QB didn't do too bad, and I don't understand why they wouldn't let him throw on third down most of the game...shitty playcalling.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bottom...line...

NO offensive line...NO defensive line...

period...

end of story...

When it's all said and done though, the defense was a fucking joke though...

Cleveland now, may be further away than they've ever been at being good...

as far as Derek Anderson...he looked good because Pittsburgh knew it could shut down the run, Troy wasn't in...Ryan Clark wasn't in...and the regular Steeler secondary just isn't that good this year...

as far as the Cleveland QB...

Charlie Frye has been sacked FAR MORE than Tim Couch in a like amount of games...

now THAT is a telling story...

Couch was beat up like a poor, dumb step-child...

Frye? It's amazing he's alive...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

they're not improving any because you can't teach shitty players how to improve.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You can teach them...lmfao...

that doesn't mean they'll learn...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

in today's paper...Grossi is a smartass...

Q: Hey, Tony: Is it just my TV reception here in St. Louis, or do an awful lot of Browns fans show up disguised as empty seats? - Jonathan Kirk

A: Hey, Jonathan: Those are real people with faces painted orange. They blend in with the smattering of empty seats in the stands.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cache of cash will buoy Browns

Sunday, December 10, 2006
    Tony Grossi
    Plain Dealer Reporter

The Browns will have a lot of holes to fill in the third off-season of the reign of General Manager Phil Savage as general manager. And they will have plenty of money and room under the salary cap to fill them.

NFL teams were informed last week that the salary cap will increase to $109 million in 2007 (up from $102 million this year) and it will rise in 2008 to $116 million.

According to figures published by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Browns currently rank fifth in the league in projected salary cap room for 2007. They have $33.3 million to spend. The only teams with more room are San Francisco ($42.1 million), Buffalo ($39.7 million), Arizona ($36.7 million) and Tennessee ($36 million).

Last year, Savage was one of the league's top spenders in free agency. He doled out more than $100 million in maximum value contracts to sign center LeCharles Bentley, left tackle Kevin Shaffer, linebacker Willie McGinest, nose tackle Ted Washington, receiver Joe Jurevicius, punter Dave Zastudil, tight end Darnell Dinkins and center/guard Bob Hallen.

The returns have been mixed, to say the least.

The Browns are currently reviewing their needs for 2007 and gauging the players available in free agency against those positions in the draft.

They will have needs on offensive and defensive line, cornerback, running back and quarterback.

In addition, the Browns figure to lose some players to free agency. Scheduled to become unrestricted free agents after this season are: offensive linemen Cosey Coleman, Hank Fraley and Lennie Friedman; defensive linemen Alvin McKinley and Nick Eason; cornerback Ralph Brown; receiver/returner Dennis Northcutt; and safety Brian Russell.

Savage said last week that he does not foresee re-signing any of his potential free agents before the end of the regular season.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Savage's last chance...

he better get someone worth a damn...or he's done...

maybe he shouldn't have left Baltimore...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2007 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

3rd pick in the draft, right? What are they going to do with it? Will Russell come out early? Will he be on the board when the Browns pick? Will the Browns stick with the Frye/Anderson show and ignore quarterbacks?

They need a lot of help. Much will be determined through free agency, but I agree this is the last dance for Savage/Crennel if the 07 season is a bust. They need a good FA class and draft and to see SOME improvement (I'm guessing at least a .500 record) to ensure any kind of chance of returning.

(Who's going to be the big injury next season that will be "the reason" they had a hard time succeeding?)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2023 @ 06:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

They need an offensive tackle and bolster the defensive line. For every team it must start there and the ones that struggle (Arizona) can't seem to figure that out.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2007 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I wonder if Alan Branch is going to come out. Much as I hate Michigan, he seems like he'd be a good place to start. (Though, I don't know if #3 is too good for him. But, if Russell's off the board, I wouldn't mind seeing the Browns trade down a couple of spots and get a FEW picks out of their original pick.)

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Any of you cats coming up Milwaukee way to see the Indians take on the Angels?

I'll be there Wednesday night.

Oh yeah, the roof is completely worth it. Even if it did kill like 67 people.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

the commish gets his way again!

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The commish, aside from living in Milwaukee, had nothing to do with it.

The owner of the Indians suggested it because it has a roof and the Angels are going to the East Coast.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by High Life Man
    The commish, aside from living in Milwaukee, had nothing to do with it.

The owner of the Indians suggested it because it has a roof and the Angels are going to the East Coast.
    dont buy it for a second....Bud man always has his hands in things

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bud has nothing to do with it. NOTHING. The new owner is his own man...and a billionaire.

Updated: April 10, 2007
    Indians feel right at home in Milwaukee
    By Wayne Drehs
    ESPN.com

MILWAUKEE -- As the bets went around the clubhouse and the Cleveland Indians guessed how many people would show up for their 2007 home opener, 450 miles away from Jacobs Field, pitcher Joe Borowski admitted he was the cruelest.

"I thought it would be like five, maybe 500," Borowski said. "I thought it would be like an American Legion game. I mean, come on, less than 24 hours' notice? I didn't think anyone would be here."

His teammates agreed, for the most part. So imagine the look on their faces when they took the field here Tuesday night and saw Miller Park's first and second decks loaded with baseball fans. Imagine what they were thinking in the third inning, when Brewers officials had to open the outfield bleachers to accommodate even more fans. And imagine the befuddlement when, in the eighth inning, the attendance was officially announced at 19,031.

"You can't say enough about Milwaukee," Borowski said. "I was amazed. Absolutely amazed. Nobody imagined this. It actually felt like a home game."

Kelly Shoppach
    Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
    Indians catcher Kelly Shoppach sits in the dugout at Milwaukee's Miller Park before Tuesday's home game against the Angels.

The Indians did everything they could to ensure that would be the case, from bringing their own scoreboard videos showing Grady Sizemore making diving catches and Travis Hafner hitting home runs to playing each player's requested song when he stepped up to the plate. Even Slider, the team's mascot, got into the act, making the trip to Milwaukee so he could twist his way down Bernie Brewer's slide after Kelly Shoppach and Casey Blake hit Indians home runs.

In the top of the ninth, when Borowski came in to close out the game, the Miller Park sound system blasted "Wild Thing," a tribute to the baseball classic "Major League," which was filmed in Milwaukee.

No, this wasn't Jacobs Field. But considering the foot of snow that blanketed the Indians' stadium over the weekend, a dumping the team is using flatbed trucks to remove, this wasn't all that bad.

"I thought maybe there would be like 2,000 fans," reliever Roberto Hernandez said. "But the people from Milwaukee showed a lot. It felt like a regular game out there tonight."

When it all was finished, the team that hadn't played since the previous Wednesday pounded out 10 hits en route to a 7-6 win over the Los Angeles Angels. Yet afterward, the buzz in the Indians clubhouse wasn't Sizemore's three stolen bases or Shoppach's game-ending laser of a throw that nailed Erick Aybar attempting to steal second base.

No, the Indians wanted to talk about this crowd. And more specifically, a slow-motion wave the fans did during the seventh inning that nearly put the team in a trance. The slow-motion wave is a tradition that was started during football games at the University of Wisconsin.

"It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen," Borowski said. "I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me."

"I had never seen the slo-mo wave before," manager Eric Wedge said. "That locked me up."

Tuesday's crowd was decidedly pro-Indian, understandable considering Milwaukee's relative proximity to Cleveland as opposed to Anaheim. Several fans wore headdresses and war paint. One held up a sign that read, "Jobu needs a refill," another tribute to "Major League."

During batting practice, all the Indians had to do was look seven rows behind their dugout and they would have had an idea what was in store for them. There, an hour-and-a-half before doors opened to the public, two Indians die-hards watched the team hit with the exuberance of two toddlers on Christmas morning.

But these weren't your ordinary Indians backers. One of them, John Lowther, works for the Brewers as the Italian sausage in Miller Park's famous sausage race.

"It's true," Lowther said. "We snuck in the employee entrance so I could watch batting practice. I love the Indians. They're my hometown team. Just make sure everyone knows I cheer for the Brewers, too."

Officials from both teams, as well as Major League Baseball, didn't decide until late Monday morning to play the series in Milwaukee, and only then after it was discovered that other potential locations -- mainly Houston and St. Petersburg, Fla., -- couldn't accommodate the necessary hotel rooms for both teams.

The decision left Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers' executive vice president of business operations, with a daunting task: put on a major league baseball game, complete with ushers, ticket takers, parking attendants, police officers, concessions, clubhouse attendants and a laundry list of other folks in a little more than 24 hours.

His staff had to do everything from order food -- because many of the concessions are perishables and the Brewers aren't due home until April 19 -- to clean out the Brewers locker room so the Angels could use it.

"And I was supposed to be home early last night," Schlesinger joked. "But you know what? Our staff came together and really made a commitment to get this done. And it worked."

When Indians and Brewers officials agreed to sell tickets for $10, the goal was to fill Miller Park's first level with an estimated 9,000 fans. Three seasons ago, when the Florida Marlins faced the Montreal Expos at Chicago's U.S. Cellular Field because of Hurricane Ivan, just over 4,000 fans showed up. But by game time Tuesday night, the first and second levels of Miller Park were nearly filled. By the top of the third inning, cars were still backed up waiting to enter the parking lot. Concession lines ran 20 to 25 people deep. And stadium officials opened the outfield bleacher seats to accommodate even more fans.

"I don't know what we would have done if even more people would have showed up," one Brewers official said. "We might have been in trouble."

Depending on the weather, big crowds are expected for the rest of the series as well. Ten thousand tickets already have been sold for Wednesday night's game and 6,000 for Thursday afternoon. Tuesday, 8,000 fans bought a ticket in the three hours leading up to the game.

"This just shows people in Milwaukee are big baseball fans," Schlesinger said. "They take pride in their ballpark; they take pride in their piece in all of this. It shows you how proud they are and how much they love baseball. This is truly a great baseball city."

The Brewers will not make any money on the series. Nor will the Indians and Angels lose money they would have earned on ticket sales or concessions. Major League Baseball told Schlesinger to keep track of his expenses as well as revenue from the series and that MLB would decide later how the teams would be reimbursed.

MLB representatives did not return a phone message Tuesday, but spokesman Rich Levin told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Monday that any shortfall of income for the series will come out of an MLB contingency fund.

"They informed us to do what we needed to do to pull this off," Schlesinger said. "So that's what we worried about."

The scene Tuesday night was both surreal and perfect. After all, there were the Indians, in their home whites, taking the field in someone else's stadium. And there was the voice of Bob Uecker, 1,500 miles away in Miami, calling the Brewers and Marlins on the stadium's audio feed.

Yet at the same time, it was a night for the fan. Luxury suites were closed. The front rows weren't filled with suits and ties but rather with college kids and families who otherwise wouldn't get a chance to get an up-close view of America's pastime. Tuesday night, toddlers ran up and down Miller Park's aisles. Families took their kids to their first game. And everyone seemed to smile. In the seventh inning, when the fans executed the slo-mo wave to perfection, the stadium erupted. It did the same in the ninth, when Borowski entered to "Wild Thing."

"It was quite a scene out there," Sizemore said. "Something I don't think anyone expected."

Yet for all the fans who were here for the baseball or the cheap tickets or an inexpensive night on the town, for all the feel-good moments Tuesday night's game brought on and off the field, there were those who were drawn to Miller Park for other reasons. Take the group of college kids wandering around the second level with empty cartons of Miller Lite on their heads, one of them holding a sign that revealed their ultimate focus:

WE'RE HERE FOR THE BEER.

Wayne Drehs is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at wayne.drehs@espn3.com.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BUMP

For obvious reasons..

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LeBron bewilders Pistons as Cavaliers inch closer to NBA finals

ssociated Press
    AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- LeBron James used one of the most spectacular performances in playoff history to lift the Cleveland Cavaliers to the verge of their greatest season.

James' career playoff-high 48 points -- including 29 of his team's final 30 -- carried the Cavaliers to within a win of the NBA finals for the first time in franchise history with a 109-107 double-overtime victory over the Detroit Pistons on Thursday night.

James made a go-ahead layup with 2.2 seconds left and Detroit's Chauncey Billups missed a shot in the lane on the ensuing possession.

It was one of the many driving shots that James made look easy.

"Why should I be surprised? I was making a lot of great moves," James said. "They are definitely a great defensive team, but I was determined to attack."

The Pistons blew a seven-point lead with 3:15 left in regulation and lost the third straight game in the series after winning the first two at home.

Game 6 is Saturday night in Cleveland and if necessary, Game 7 will be Monday night back at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

The San Antonio Spurs, who eliminated Utah on Wednesday, have a week off before hosting Game 1 of the NBA finals.

Detroit can only hope the series ends like its last postseason matchup with the Cavs.

The Pistons won the first two games of the conference semifinals last year, then lost three straight and needed to win on the road and then at home in Game 7.

James was 18-of-33 from the field, making both of his 3-pointers, and 10-of-14 from the free throw line. He also had nine rebounds, seven assists and two steals in a performance that might end up be a defining game of his career.

"We tried to trap him and get it out of his hands, but he attacked," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "We'll definitely have to do something different next time."

The 22-year-old star showed he's human, though, airballing a shot just before the shot clock expired with 6.6 seconds left in the first overtime that gave Detroit a chance to force another period.

James put Billups on the line with 3.1 seconds left and he made two free throws to make it 100-all.

The Cavs have prided themselves on not being a one-man show, but James just about did it alone against a team in the conference finals for the fifth straight year.

He simply took over late in regulation and in both overtimes, choosing to attack the basket with driving layups and dunks instead of deferring to teammates.

James scored 32 more points than Cleveland's second-leading scorer, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who fouled out with 16 points. Rookie Daniel Gibson, who also fouled out, was the only other double-digit scorer, with 11.

"Somebody told me that in the locker room that he scored 29 of our last 30 points and I could not believe it," Cavs coach Mike Brown said. "Everybody keeps asking for more, and he keeps giving more.

"I feel bad that my words don't do justice what he did."

The Pistons, meanwhile, seemed to finally put a complete game together and each of their starters scored at least 10.

Richard Hamilton scored 26, Chauncey Billups had 21 and Chris Webber scored 20. Rasheed Wallace had 17 points and Tayshaun Prince added 10.

It wasn't enough.

Game notes
    Both teams were slowed by foul trouble and Detroit had to play the final three quarters without its top reserve, forward Antonio McDyess, because his right arm appeared to hit Anderson Varejao's neck as he went in for a layup and he was automatically ejected with a flagrant-two foul. ... James averaged 28 1/2 points in two games at home after scoring 29 total in the first two games, including a playoff-low 10 points in the series opener. ... Faces in the crowd included Anita Baker, New Orleans point guard Chris Paul and Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek, who said he still doesn't know if he will retire or return to Detroit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270531008

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LwCvy8vSSl0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LwCvy8vSSl0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Jesus Christ! LeBron was incredible tonight in the two OT's. Sure was fun to watch.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

EPIC...They could have pulled 4 fans out of the stands and the Cavs still would have won...im a believer!!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Originally posted by chi-town324
    EPIC...They could have pulled 4 fans out of the stands and the Cavs still would have won...im a believer!!
    LOL. Funny shit, but dead on. Anyone who can singlehandedly beat Webber & Rasheed has got something special.

ps

FUCK YOU KOBE!

I hope the Lakers trade you for Wade & Shaq and the Lakers win 3 more titles in a row.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Remeber though..IT is Cleveland we're talking about here..Murphy's Law is always in effect here.....

We shall see though..Maybe, Just Maybe

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BUMP..

Was at the game last night...Fucking awesome game...A comeback in the 9th..Whole place was going crazy, This probably the happiest I've seen folks around here for a while..

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Flopaliers.

I have never seen an NBA team do it as much as they do, and even Lebron got in on it.

And I've been a Piston fan all my life, I've seen Laimbeer play.

I know what flopping looks like. The Pistons are playing their worst ball of the year. They won the division and have home court.

They're folding tent. They are losing the series. Stats say they are the best in the league in not turning the ball over.

Look how much they are turning it over.

Regardless of the winner of this series, Spurs sweep the Finals.

Enjoy.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ALinChainz
    The Flopaliers.

I have never seen an NBA team do it as much as they do, and even Lebron got in on it.

And I've been a Piston fan all my life, I've seen Laimbeer play.

I know what flopping looks like. The Pistons are playing their worst ball of the year. They won the division and have home court.

They're folding tent. They are losing the series. Stats say they are the best in the league in not turning the ball over.

Look how much they are turning it over.

Regardless of the winner of this series, Spurs sweep the Finals.

Enjoy.
    Oh Please Al.....The officiating for the first two games was a JOKE...LeBron got hacked beyound belief...Even if they were flopping, it was probably because the Cavs wouldn't get the calls at all bro.

Anyways...Yeah, Billups and Hamilton have committed Rookie-like mistakes as of late..Whats been up with them dude?

I overheard a lot of Detroit fans at the Tribe game last night, You guys sound like you've really given up on them..

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Gimme a break.

He doesn't get fouled on every play like he believes. He isn't Jordan, not yet anyway.

The coach is instructing the players to "jump into their chests", which means don't worry about hitting the shot, you're going to get the call.

Look at the Cavs playoff run so far, have they played well?

The call on McDyess was bullshit. A technical, sure. A Flagrant One? A stiff maybe. A Flagrant Two and an ejection with the possibility of a suspension? Bull-fucking-shit.

The fact is this: The ratings for the Finals have been in decline each season. No one wants to see the Pistons-Spurs. It is in the NBA's best interest to have LeBron in the Finals. The casual fan may tune in. The media darling will draw the ratings.

The Pistons are playing the worst ball of the year. Five straight trips to the ECF and this is how bad their playing? I don't buy the Cavs are that much better and if they get to the Spurs, I believe they'll fare worse against them than Detroit would.

Yeah, I've given up. Now we go back to Cleveland, where I know how the calls will go.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Worst play of the game was Billups trying to draw a foul on his 3-point attempt.

Verrrrry weak.

Why not just knock it down?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My biggest bitch about him ... game in and game out.

All the freakin' time ... and now some of the others are doing it and whining ..which pisses officials off.

Chauncey is always worried about drawing the foul, which fucks his shot all the time. And he can hit the shots, thats why I don't get it. Snow played good defense there and he didn't really do anything but be there, Chauncey made it a tougher shot that it was, he had just hit a giant 3 to give them the 1 point lead earlier.

Starting to think the Pistons should rebuild after this season, and not just reload. Chauncey is a FA, and will command the max, and I'm not so sure anymore if I can take it.

He smiles and shrugs shit off like no big deal, which also sucks. I didn't like his attitude at the end of the Heat series last year, and I am not liking it now.

Like I said, whether the win or lose, I'm convinced the Spurs stomp whomever they face.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And Flip Saunders ... SUCKS.

He can go .. the players don't respect him anyway.

His rotations of the bench blow.

Never liked him.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Billups talks tough on LeBron

CLEVELAND -- Chauncey Billups had an unfamiliar bounce to his step as he swaggered down the hallway after exiting the team bus this morning, his Detroit Tigers cap sitting at a cockeyed angle atop his still-spinning head.

The swagger wasn't limited to his appearance and demeanor, either. Once Billups got to talking, the words came out cocky, too.

Yes, LeBron James had torched the Pistons for 48 points in Game 5.

And yes, the pregame talk all through the day and all throughout this city Saturday had been about what a transcendent and epic performance James had given on Thursday.

But in the insular world of the Pistons' locker room, the talk had not been about how many points James scored, but of how he scored a few of his most important baskets. James was able to get to the rim and finish with resounding authority, especially on two dunks at the end of regulation, and a certain set of latter-day Bad Boys seemed to have come to the conclusion that a repeat performance -- at least of those dunks -- was not going to be in the forecast.

"That's never happened to us, and that won't happen again. That won't happen again," Billups vowed. "I won't say he can't get 40, but he won't get 40 like that again. Not on us. Trust me. Not like that."

The message was unmistakable: When LeBron attempts to go to the hole, he needs to meet stiffer resistance than what was put up in Game 5. And if that means giving a hard foul and testing the theory that James secretly loathes taking contact, so be it.

"He gets 40 on us fading away and all that, then tip your hat to him. But he won't get that kind of 40 again," Billups said.

Saturday morning also found Billups and the rest of the Pistons experiencing another of those déjà vu moments that have sprung up from time to time in the playoffs over the past four years.

This will be the seventh time since 2003 that the Pistons have entered a Game 6 trailing a postseason series 3-2, and this will be the seventh time they entered that game fully expecting to emerge victorious, carrying a level of genuine confidence that historically has served them well.

It wasn't until last year's Eastern Conference finals that they lost a series 4-2.

In 2003, they trailed Orlando 3-1 but won Game 5 at home, Game 6 on the road and Game 7 at home.

In 2004, they trailed the New Jersey Nets 3-2 in the Eastern Conference semifinals before winning the next two, including a Game 6 victory at the Meadowlands.

In 2005, they trailed the Miami Heat 3-2 before winning Game 6 at home by 25 points and then closing out the series on the road, and they also trailed 3-2 against San Antonio in the finals before winning Game 6 on the road.

Last year, Miami won Game 6 to prevent Detroit from making a third consecutive NBA Finals appearance. But they got to the conference finals only because of what happened in the previous round against Cleveland, and yes, that too featured a comeback from a 3-2 deficit.

Last year's Game 6 in Cleveland came down to a tight final minute, and the Pistons were twice able to keep the Cavaliers from grabbing a defensive rebound in the final 1:04, allowing them to run 55 seconds off the clock. Billups and Rasheed Wallace missed free throws that would have given the Pistons a four-point lead, and when the Cavs rebounded Billups' miss with 10.1 seconds left, they did not call their final timeout.

Instead, James raced downcourt and drove hard to the basket, getting fouled when Ben Wallace gently hand-checked him just as LeBron was kicking the ball to a wide-open Flip Murray in the corner (remind anybody of this year's Game 1?) for what would have been a game-tying 3-point attempt. James then went to the line, made the first and missed the second intentionally, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas' tip-in attempt barely missed. The Pistons then went on to close out the Cavs in Game 7 back at the Palace, winning by 18 and holding Cleveland to just 61 points as James shot just 1-for-9 with no assists in the second half.

Saturday, the Pistons were expecting a repeat of last year's final result -- a momentum-swinging victory that would extend their playoff lives and give them another chance to come out of the East for the third time in four years.

They obviously have a higher regard for the Cavs than they did a year ago, and Thursday night's performance by James certainly got their attention, but to them Game 6 was going to come down to how they played -- not how the Cavs played.

About the only subtle difference was Billups' acknowledgement that the Pistons' spirits were being buoyed by the fact that all five of the previous games had been close throughout.

"In a few of these games we should have got beat by 17, 18 or 19, but they haven't been really able to pull away like that on us," Billups said. "So that's probably got something to do with us, and something to do with them, too. We're still in this series. Like I said, it we were getting beat by 17, 18, it'd be different. But we're right there."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ris&id=2891151

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yea Chaucy, go out on a limb and say he wont do it again...after one of the greatest performances ever....what a tool

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hmmm ... Detroit .... 12 FTs as a team ...

LeBron ... 11 by himself .... 25 for Cleveland ....

Oh yeah .... wonderful officiating ...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

See ... Lebron lowered the shoulder there for his first FG ... how they call that on Detroit ...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

..AND THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS ARE THE NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

Thread Information