Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Count the rings dude ... its not how, its how many.

Period.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Cavs play in the East.

The Spurs play in the West. Even if the Cavs win, it won't affect the Spurs in the West. Teams like Dallas and Phoenix, and now in the future, maybe Portland, will decide how far the Spurs rule the West.

LeBron needs help. He needs a "Pippen" of sorts. I'd like to see them add a bonafide point guard and a legit power forward. I think they should have went after Ben Wallace last season and kept him away from Chicago. He could have played that PF spot, allowed Gooden to come off the bench for offense.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ALinChainz

Period.
    I know dude..I respect them for that...but My lord...They've got to be the most boring Dynasty in Sports..
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Unchainme
    The Crowd really didn't care either..They acted like a Woman's team was there..Their PR department needs to step that up quickly...Theres no doubting the Spurs Beat us...But my lord..it was so boring to watch..No high energy plays..just very boring basketball...A very vanilla team
    The Spurs are a reflection of our city. Very laid back and modest. We have won 3 championships, 0 riots. Look at my man David Robinson, he was not born here, but he stayed here. As of 2007 he has donated more of HIS own money to charity, than any professional athlete in history. 11 million and counting. His David Robinson foundation has donated a couple more. The reason the USA basketball team keeps getting beat now, is because the players of today have gone away from the simple fundamentals of the game. The rest of the world learned from the original dream team (1992) and the USA kids of today, want to dunk and do fancy stuff that doesn't work againt a good defensive/well discipline team. Until we fix the problem, our Olympic Basketball team will continue to lose. The way we can fix this problem, is to recognize that AND1 and street balling style of play, is not doing any good. The Spurs are a vanilla team, but try to stop them. The Spurs vanilla team, has beaten a flashy team like the Suns, 23 out of 31 games since Nash arrived. And that includes a 12 and 3 record in the playoffs. Admit it, if the Spurs were your team, you would be loving them. The Cowboys in the 90's had a vanilla team too, and had 15 main offensive plays, but nobody could stop them. Unlike some of the Cowboys, The Spurs are great role model team. If my Sons grow up half of what a great person David is, I'm a happy Dad. The Moral of this story, please respect and appreciate my Spurs. Because we need more teams like them. Please excuse my grammer, I destroyed my brain cells in the late 70's early 80's, listening to Classic VH. What can I say!

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No worries Bro..I don't hate the spurs..Again the folks are probably great people, same with the ballplayers...Just their style isn't my cup of tea is all, Not Very fun for a kid like me to watch..You are right in saying the Cowboys are not exactly the best role models..Especially, With T.O.

LOL..Though..let us get a chance to win won championship though is all I ask....We need it..

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    2-3-2 format could be interesting
    Roth Army Canada

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Unchainme
    No worries Bro..I don't hate the spurs..Again the folks are probably great people, same with the ballplayers...Just their style isn't my cup of tea is all, Not Very fun for a kid like me to watch..You are right in saying the Cowboys are not exactly the best role models..Especially, With T.O.

LOL..Though..let us get a chance to win won championship though is all I ask....We need it..
    You might one year, I hope not this year. The Cavs are a couple of years ahead of schedule. Mike is a good coach, who learned from Greg, who learned from Larry Brown. Who is in my opinion, the greatest basketball teacher ever. With Danny as GM, and Mike as coach, you guys will be a mirror image ouf the Spurs. The difference is, Lebron has more pizzazz in his pinky finger, than Duncan has in his whole body. Danny Ferry, Lance Blanks, Hank Egan and Mike Brown left the Spurs to go the Cavs. Down here, the media is calling the Cavs "The Baby Spurs." Did you know that Mike and Danny still have a house in SA? They are still well liked around here. People have forgotten that the Spurs still own the rights to Luis Scola. The very good Argintinian power forward. Ginobili was considerd the 2nd best player the on that Olympic gold medal team, while Scola was considerd the best. I believe Horry and Finley will retire or move on. paving the way for Scola. That would be 3 starting players from that Gold medal team. The best of the US couldn't hang with them. So I see the Spurs Getting better next year. Good luck, even though I'm rooting against the Cavs and the Browns. The worst the Browns do this coming year, the better the draft pick my Cowboys get. I think that move was good for the Browns and the Cowboys. You get Brady and we get Spencer and a #1 next year. Oh.. by the way. I'm a rollercoaster freak, is Cedar Point worth driving from SA to Ohio?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Spurs had a week layoff ... lots of rust ... I don't know that rust constitutes holes.

The Spurs in 5.
    lmfao...

yo Al...

would they have been holes if the Pistons were in the finals?...

you are insinuating that the Spurs are rusty and have no holes?

c'mon man...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Period.
    Hmmm...I wondered what would have happened to the Pistons in 1989 had they counted their rings against the Lakers?

That's not what it's about at all...

People keep talking about experience...and I agree to a point...

but the rings you have don't mean a thing if the other team is playing better than you...

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Hmmm...I wondered what would have happened to the Pistons in 1989 had they counted their rings against the Lakers?

That's not what it's about at all...

People keep talking about experience...and I agree to a point...

but the rings you have don't mean a thing if the other team is playing better than you...
    yup

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeBron needs help. He needs a "Pippen" of sorts. I'd like to see them add a bonafide point guard and a legit power forward. I think they should have went after Ben Wallace last season and kept him away from Chicago. He could have played that PF spot, allowed Gooden to come off the bench for offense.
    I agree with this...although not with the Wallace signing...

At his age...and for what he wanted, you just can't sign him to that deal. I agree that Gooden would be better off the bench...but had they have signed Wallace...they wouldn't have been able to sign Gooden.

If I were the Cavs...this is what I would do...find ANYONE to take Larry Hughes. I just don't think there will be anyone...

Cleveland will probably resign Andy Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic...that will take some cash...

They'll probably watch out for Mike Bibby and his early termination option...if he does...it's possible he could sign with the Cavs...although he'd have to take an exception, or wait until the Cavs deal Larry Hughes...if they can (doubtful).

I also think Chauncey Billups will be on their radar...but again...that would be contingent on Hughes being dealt.

With Gibson stepping up...I don't think they'll focus on PG...

Gibson reminds me a bunch of Tony Parker six years ago...during his rookie year...

Cleveland does need another player that can score though. I still maintain that the BEST player in the league for the Cavs is Michael Redd because of his unconscious outside shooting...

but that will never happen...

so who knows...

they'll have to get creative, and I'm not sure Ferry can GET that creative...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gibson could work, although I think Parker may have the better size and strength. He can shoot from the outside when open, so that helps. I think Billups would be better than Bibby just that I believe he is better defensively (All-Defense, 2nd team a couple years running I believe) and cna be very clutch, when he isn't trying to draw the contact.

He bitches the least of the Pistons.

They have to keep the two you mentioned.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You unchainme...

HAVE YOU WATCHED THE CAVS THIS YEAR?

Seriously...for every exciting show put on by Lebron...I can count five Cavs games that made me want to rip my eyeballs out...

the Cavs PLAY LIKE San Antonio...

but with only one really sensational player...

instead of San Antonios 3 All-Stars...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gibson is actually bigger...I think...

His midrange jumpers are okay...but his 3 point shot is outstanding...

he can drive...he's just inexperienced...

I don't know what the Cavs will do...they are so far over the cap...and have $$$ in Marshall and Jones and a bunch of other bums...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Pistons would bitch less without that whore from UNC...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It doesn't matter how much of a leader Billups is...

as long as that whore Wallace is on that team...they'll take on his personality...

because Flip Saunders is a giant pussy...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

They'll probably watch out for Mike Bibby and his early termination option...if he does...it's possible he could sign with the Cavs...although he'd have to take an exception, or wait until the Cavs deal Larry Hughes...if they can (doubtful).

I also think Chauncey Billups will be on their radar...but again...that would be contingent on Hughes being dealt.

You know, I think I like Bibby with the Cavs.

He can shoot the three and distribute.

Defense is not his thing, but he has the fire.

He can be clutch as well.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think he'd be cheaper than Billups as well...

it will be interesting though...

I think this coming season will tell me if Danny Ferry is any good at this job...

or the bum I think he really is...

They have no draft picks in a deep draft...and a team wrapped up in shitty contracts. He either has to trade into the draft...

or dump some salary...

he better do something...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It doesn't matter how much of a leader Billups is...

as long as that whore Wallace is on that team...they'll take on his personality...

because Flip Saunders is a giant pussy...
    I guess I would keep Billups, Hamilton, and Prince.

Other than that, Dumars and Davidson should clean the rest out, including Saunders, whom I've never liked.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like that kid they had bangin' around on the inside...never saw him before...

can't remember his name...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maxiell ... yeah, he lit it up in game one ... played 3 minutes in game two .. non-existent after that.

Fucking Flip ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He had a Mahornish presence...

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You unchainme...

HAVE YOU WATCHED THE CAVS THIS YEAR?

the Cavs PLAY LIKE San Antonio...

They do play like the Spurs. That's why they are in the Finals. Mike Brown and Hank Egan, used to be Pop's assistant coaches before PJ. The Cavs GM Danny Ferry, won a ring in 2003 with the Spurs. And Lance Blanks, Ferry's assistant GM was a scout for the Spurs. That's the reason the Cavs are boring. I'll take a boring winning team, instead of a flashy high scoring teams like the Suns and The Denver Thug-ets, and choke 3 years in the row. The Spurs will have a better front line next year, when they bring in Luis Scola. People have forgotten that we drafted him. We will then have 3 Gold medal winners from that good Argintinian team that will play for the Spurs. The Spurs are a great Pick & Roll/Backdoor style team. Throw in Scola, The Spurs will be unstoppable in the paint. If Larry Brown was the coach for the Pistons in the Cavs series, Pistons win in 5 or 6. Trading a Defensive Philosophy, for an Offensive Philosophy doesn't win Championships. Ask the Suns, Warriors and Denver. When was the last Offensive minded team to win a Championship in the NFL or the NBA in the last 15+ plus years? The ST. Louis Rams is the only team to come to my mind. Getting rid of Big Ben, was a horrible decision. Anyways... Good luck with your teams in the future...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are misconstruing the term boring...

as not good...

the two aren't congruent...

as for offensive minded teams...

I don't...

what about Indianapolis?...

lmfao...

this year?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know all those San Antonio relationships...by the way...which is why I made that comment...

Let me just say this...

people confuse defense...as a mutually exclusive term...

the BEST teams don't play defense first...they play both offense and defense...

The Pistons were brutal on defense in the late 80's and early 90's...but Isiah, Dumars, James Edwards and Mark Aguirre were all offensive threats...in particular...in the finals...

Truth be told...there really isn't a whole lot different between the Bad Boys Pistons and the Spurs...swarming defense and lock offensive players. The difference is the Bad Boys...there was gang like mentality...

I don't have to mention the Bulls...

The Rockets...good defense...but had Hakeem and Clyde the Glide...Vernon Maxwell, Horry and Kenny Smith...even Otis Thorpe...

Point?

It's not just about defense...OR offense...

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

what about Indianapolis?...

Man, I forgot about them. I don't think that I articulated my thoughts right. What i mean about offensive minded, is teams that want to score 120+ points a game. If my memory serves me right, The Bulls final scores would be like 95 to 83, or something like that. Right? Everyone gave Steve Nash for scoring 30 points against the Spurs all the credit, but Tony Parker goes for 29 points in the same game. They cancel each other out. The Spurs have never lost to a Steve Nash lead team in the playoffs. They are 5 and 0 against Dallas and Phoenix. Take care!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    The Spurs have never lost to a Steve Nash lead team in the playoffs. They are 5 and 0 against Dallas and Phoenix. Take care!
    Give Stern and his no-brain, weasel, Yes-man Stu Jackson credit for this series win.

They take out Amare and his replacement Diaw for nothing.

Handed them the series. A joke. The single worst decision in the history of sports.

Phoenix will beat them next year, I guarantee.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    Give Stern and his no-brain, weasel, Yes-man Stu Jackson credit for this series win.

They take out Amare and his replacement Diaw for nothing.

Handed them the series. A joke. The single worst decision in the history of sports.

Phoenix will beat them next year, I guarantee.
    Ok, lets take away game five. The Spurs are still up 3 games to 2. And Steve has never beat the Spurs 2 games in a row. STEVE IS 0 AND 5 AGAINST THE SPURS IN THE PLAYOFFS. GET OVER IT! His is the most over-rated player in the NBA. Maybe the biggest choke artist in the history of the NBA. I think he's the only 2 time MVP that has never took his team to the finals. But the media gives him a pass on this because he is "the great white hope." If Ginobili or Parker did the same as Amare/Diaw, you would have favored the NBA's decision. If you would say otherwise, you are a damn liar! GO SPURS!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Problem is that the Suns tried to win Game 5.

They had really a 6-man rotation that day and wasted themselves for game 6. They had no chance in game 6 after wasting themselves. Small edges mean everything at this level of competition,

They should have sat all their starters in protest, really.

No one who knows anything about basketball or the rule itself thinks it is fair.

Earlier Duncan and other Spurs left the bench area when one of their players was dumped under the Spurs basket. Jackson could have easily determined that their was no altracation here either, as was determined when Duncan stepped out onto the court in protest. A joke.

Jackson says he had no choice but essentially he did. Diaw literally took three steps on the sideline and stopped. Watch it. It is a complete joke. Amare did look like he wanted to start something but didn't.

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Problem is that the Suns tried to win Game 5.

They had really a 6-man rotation that day and wasted themselves for game 6. They had no chance in game 6 after wasting themselves. Small edges mean everything at this level of competition,

Fault the Suns GM, for giving 3 big contracts to Amare, Steve and Marion. By doing that, they can't afford to go out a get another player to stop Duncan. The Spurs have 1 big contract with Tim, and that allows them to sign Parker and Manu to a long term deal. We have a better GM than the Suns. We still have money next year to bring in Scola. Scola will school Amare on how to play the pick and roll. The bottom line is.... Steve is 0 and 5 against the Spurs. Steve will be 35 next year right? He Is getting heavy minutes in the regular season to make the Suns record look good, but he wears down in the playoffs. Again, that's the Suns fault. Nash is getting old. And no big money to get a quality back-up. I see you guys trading Marion. Every year the Spurs shut him down. Man, what happened to Barbosa? We made him into a one trick pony. Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson once said "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships." Take care....

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cavs down 19 middle of the second quarter...ouch!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nash is getting old. And no big money to get a quality back-up. I see you guys trading Marion. Every year the Spurs shut him down. Man, what happened to Barbosa? We made him into a one trick pony. Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson once said "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships." Take care....
    Well, Nash seems to be having better and better years each and every year.

Barbosa disappeared and Marion couldn't do much against the Spurs.

I would like to see Nash perform better against top competition, but his teammates did not do enough. Stern didn't help either.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This Finals Blows!

I sure hope Cleveland can do something at home because this is just embarrassing.

I think Kobe just found his way to get to the Finals...get traded to the East.

Although I would hardly call that contending.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Z is just useless out there.

At least they showed some life in the 4th.

Still brutal

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, Nash seems to be having better and better years each and every year.

Barbosa disappeared and Marion couldn't do much against the Spurs.

I would like to see Nash perform better against top competition, but his teammates did not do enough. Stern didn't help either.
    That's true about Nash, the last 3 years are his best. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics tells me, he will start to break down soon. They need to trade somebody. Who would you trade? To me, Marion is the obvious candidate. Nash can't be playing 40 plus minutes in the regular season. If he does that again this next season, they will lose to the Spurs in the playoffs, again. Be cool.....

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Z is just useless out there.

At least they showed some life in the 4th.

Still brutal
    The Finals ratings will be the worst ever. If the Spurs would go to the Finals every year, the NBA would go bankrupt. Nobody understands my poor Spurs.:confused: Bet Stern wishes the Suns were in the Finals now, right David?:p JK....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WHY are the last 3 years his best?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As for the finals...

There's not much I can say to refute the East vs. West.

I don't totally agree with it.

Miami did win last year.

As good as San Antonio is playing, I DON'T think they are anything all that special compared to year's past...although the top three are pretty damn solid.

But the Cavs are doing NOTHING...

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WHY are the last 3 years his best?
    He won 2 MVP's. What you think his best year was?

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fault the Suns GM, for giving 3 big contracts to Amare, Steve and Marion. By doing that, they can't afford to go out a get another player to stop Duncan. The Spurs have 1 big contract with Tim, and that allows them to sign Parker and Manu to a long term deal. We have a better GM than the Suns. We still have money next year to bring in Scola. Scola will school Amare on how to play the pick and roll. The bottom line is.... Steve is 0 and 5 against the Spurs. Steve will be 35 next year right? He Is getting heavy minutes in the regular season to make the Suns record look good, but he wears down in the playoffs. Again, that's the Suns fault. Nash is getting old. And no big money to get a quality back-up. I see you guys trading Marion. Every year the Spurs shut him down. Man, what happened to Barbosa? We made him into a one trick pony. Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson once said "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships." Take care....
    They may have a good GM, but Colangelo just left there last season to take over a WOEFUL Raptors team that had big success this season. No way is he "better".

The Showtime Lakers didn't play defense, they won championships. So its not necessarily the only factor.

Duncan has had a damn good career, but all athlete's in all sports are playing older now, and Nash's last 3 seasons, he has won the league MVP twice, Duncan's were 01-02, 02-03. Duncan 2 out of the last 4 years in the Finals, which is excellent also.

Amare lost a game due to a crap suspension, but check his numbers versus the Spurs.

Thread Information