Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I was listening to Magic make some interesting statements last year...

He said something like, "Kobe...it took a couple of years for him to develop...Garnett...and Bynum we're looking at to be there in a couple as well. It take those young guys a couple of years to really develop....except for LeBron...he's special...special..."

doing a little recruiting...early recruiting...

interesting that he lumped Kobe and Garnett into a 2 year program...while saying LeBron's special...lmfao...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

last night...not last year...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Oh, I'm sure Magic would love to see LeBron in an LA uniform. I believe Johnson still owns 5% of the Lakers, so he's definately putting them ahead of his 'analyst' duties.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

OH...yeah...he owns five percent...that fucking guy is worth some fucking money though...

750 million...

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Yeah, the Lakers ownership was just something that Dr. Buss gave him for being such a trooper all those years. Magic was unbelievable when he played. One of the five greatest players ever...he could do it all. I was soo glad when he unretired for that half-season. I didn't care if he scored 5 pts a game and had 5 assists, it was worth it to see him again. He actually had a pretty good season. 15ppg 8 rpg, 7 apg.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...to bad he lost all those years though...to damn bad...

wasn't his last game in preseason the year he first retired...against the Cavs?

didn't he get cut?...

Comment

• seenbad
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                  Larry Hughes????

That doesn't make Cleveland a scary team.
                  You're kidding right? Dude, the guys a total thief and scorer. Look at his stats.

Remember Stoudamier is open as a free agent also. The dude wants a ring. He's a very solid PG.
                  sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I don't have a problem with Stoudamire...as long as he knows his role...

They need a point...I just want them to get a good one...or they are stuck with fucking Eric Snow...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Bro...give War a break...he's still frazzled a bit over the loss of Shaq...

Once he gets over that...he'll realize that Hughes is a solid addition...and will make it extremely tough to double LeBron...although...teams right now can still clog the paint...

they need a point that can score...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Okay...about Hughes' four teams in 7 years...

he was part of a HUGE deal in 2000...when he played for the 76ers...Philly was looking for more size and playoff experience...than Hughes gave them as a 2nd year guy...so they dealt him to Golden State in a deal that got them Kukoc from the Bulls...sent Bruce Bowen to the Bulls...and took Hughes and Billy Owens to the Warriors. They didn't need Hughes because he played the same position as Iverson...and as good as Hughes is...he's not Iverson...

He left Golden State as a free agent because they couldn't afford him...and went to Washington...

then left Washington as a free agent...again...to a team that could afford to pay him...

It's not like he was getting dealt like mad because of personality conflicts...he just wasn't playing for teams that could afford him...

so your point is taken...but not for the reasons that you think...

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Well, that clears that up. They made it sound like he was a bum on ESPN. Ric Bucher should have cleared that up.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Look...he's not THE GUY...I know that...you know that...everyone knows that...

but he's not a bum by any stretch...so he was full of shit...

I think everyone can agree here that the moves that were made with Hughes were either free agent signings (and you could make a case that if he were THAT good...that he would have been offered money to stay--but then you have to look at the teams...Golden State and Washington), or big deals in which the Sixers were dealing essentially a spare part at the time...a young kid...talented...but playing a point/shooting guard position that the Sixers already had...

He'll be playing a modified point in Cleveland...and I'm assuming that LeBron is going to play 2...

unless Cleveland signs the point guard from Europe...in which case Hughes will be the 2...LeBron the 3...Gooden 4...Z five (if they sign him), and you've got one badass starting 5...and good defensively...

Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that they can sign the point...and Z...I think they will...plenty of money under the cap still...

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hughes is hugely overrated, and until the last yeah and a half was heading towards scrubdom.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Brett, I know you are a knowledgable hoop fan...

but sometimes you make statements that sound like I'm talking to my wife about basketball...

no offense...

Hughes is what...25 or 26 years old?

He averaged 15 a game in 2000...split time in Philly and Golden State...22 with Golden State that year...

Dropped down to 15 points per game...

then 12 when he was moved to the point for the first time..and battled injuries all year...as really the third option on a team that's focus was Jamison and Richardson...

Again...he was the third option...learning a new position...

His first year in Washington...third option behind Jordan and Stackhouse...averaged 13 a game...can't imagine you are going to get many touches in that lineup...

His first season outside of Jordan...he bumps it up to 19 a game...

Stackhouse was out most of that year...

And of course...last year...22 a game...rebounds improved nearly every year...assists improved every year...minutes improved every year...

He's not overrated...

but he is injury prone...

Comment

Working...