• Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ilgauskas stays in Cleveland!

5 years, $55 million...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Poj, well then your wife is a very wise NBA fan obviously.

The first thing about Hughes is he is a discplinary problem. He was in Philly and he was in Golden St. I am not sure how he was in Washington, but considering they already have two headcases in Kwame Brown and Gilbert Arenas, I'm sure Hughes' melodrama was easily overshadowed.

Yes he averaged 20 points a game in Golden St, he also shot 38% from the field and averaged nearly 22 shots a game to get it. I think you give most NBA players that freedom, they'll get 20 a night too.

I think this season we will see where he goes, whether he can build on last season's success, or whether he goes the way of a role player. I've never been sold on the guy and I don't think he's worth that kind of money. He is injury prone like you said, and now the Cavs can have another liability like Ilgauskas.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Should LeBron go back t2o school?

Y'know, learn how t2o read and stuff.. huh

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Ilgauskis hasn't been hurt in 2 years...also hasn't been as effective consistently in 2 years...

I agree with the comment that it could be a turning season for him in either direction...but to think of him as an impact player would be a mistake...

Cleveland is looking for something to take the sunlight off of LeBron...and if Hughes plays well...they'll have it...

if he doesn't...you are right...they wasted a lot of money...

I would have preferred Redd...and/or Allen...they got option 3...it's better than no option at all...

this move will mean nothing if they dont' get a true point...and a center...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Antoine Walker: In Talks With Cavs

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Update: Walker's agent Mark Bartelstein says that his client has had conversations with the Cavaliers about joining the team, the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Recommendation: Walker averaged 19.1 points and 9.0 rebounds a game last season with both the Hawks and Celtics. Any Cavs' deal for Walker would likely mean the end of Drew Gooden's career in Cleveland.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Hmmm....definately a mouth....

I just don't see the Cavs being able to deal Gooden though...although you never know...

gotta get some more information on this one...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I've never been a Walker fan...

Now there's a guy that's been moved that has good stats...

Walker's the kind of guy that will steal shots from LeBron...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Although Walker can hit the 3, I'm not sure if it's as consistent as the Cavs need.

Seems like that's what I've read most lately, their need for outside shooting. Luke Jackson should be able to help after the injury marred rookie year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

They do need an outside shooter...but they don't need a mouth...

I have a lot of faith in Luke Jackson...if he can stay healthy...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Gone for two days...and find out they were going for Haslem from the Heat....would have been a good addition...

Here are the Cavs Notes I've seen:

Haslem next?
                      I've been scouring the net the past couple of days hoping to find a few legitimate articles on the Cavs' next moves in free agency. Here is a list of a few stories worth checking out:

Despite Drew Gooden having a career-year and came close to duplicating the numbers of departed power forward Carlos Boozer, his erratic play was known to frustrate the team. Looking for a more solid player, Cleveland is reportedly deep in negotiation with Miami Heat big man Udonis Haslem. - HoopsWorld.com

The team is now expected to target the point-guard market. It is believed that they are making a play for one of Ilgauskas' best friends, fellow Lithuanian Sarunas Jasikevicius. Jasikevicius has turned down an offer from the Boston Celtics. He is also being courted by the Indiana Pacers. The Cavaliers also are interested in Antonio Daniels and Earl Watson, both unrestricted free agents. - Akron Beacon Journal

Pargo also is attracting interest, with the Wizards, Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors, Minnesota Timberwolves and Charlotte Bobcats believed to be potential suitors. - Chicago Sun-Times

Cleveland isn't worried about Hughes' perimeter shortcomings because it has the inside track on one of the best shooters available: Stein Line favorite Sarunas Jasikevicius. - ESPN.com

They are trying to sign a starting point guard and are reportedly most interested in Maccabi Tel-Aviv's Sarunas Jasikevicius and Los Angeles Clippers' Marko Jaric. The 6-7 Jaric is a restricted free agent, while the 6-4 Jasikevicius is unrestricted. - Lake County News-Herald

Currently, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers appear to be the front-runners for (Antonio) Daniels' services. So is Cleveland, which despite getting Washington's Larry Hughes to agree to a $65 million contract on Saturday, still has about $17 million (less after Z signing) left under the salary cap. - The Salt Lake Tribune

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Lake County News-Herald

that paper is so useless, it isn't even good for lining a birdcage.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Trail Blazers: Cavaliers courting Stoudamire

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
                          Saturday, July 16, 2005

News
                          The Cavaliers search for a starting point guard now includes Trail Blazers free agent Damon Stoudamire, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Aaron Goodwin, Stoudamire's agent, said Friday that he and the Cavs have had conversations about his client.

Views
                          Stoudamire averaged 15.8 points and 5.7 rebounds for Portland last season. He was seventh in the league in 3-pointers made (181). However, there's getting to be a lot of cooks in the kitchen in Cleveland, especially with the Cavs agreeing to a deal with Larry Hughes. This could hurt Stoudamire's numbers. That said, Damon's never been scared to toss it up -- or light it up.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I don't really want Staudamire...but he's better than Eric Snow starting...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Report: Raptors forward Marshall headed to Cleveland Cavaliers

July 19, 2005

TORONTO (CP) - Donyell Marshall may be on his way to Cleveland. The six-foot-nine Raptors free agent has agreed to terms with the Cavaliers, according to the New York Post.

NBA free agent negotiations began July 1, but free agents can't sign new contracts until July 22. Marshall's departure would come as little surprise. Raptors GM Rob Babcock has been vocal in his plans to go with a younger roster, and Marshall wasn't thrilled to be playing with the Raptors this past season.

General consensus was that he wanted to head to a winning team, where he would play a bigger role.

Marshall started just two games in the 2004-05 season.

Marshall was at the centre of rumours at last season's trade deadline, the Cavaliers among the teams that reportedly tried to acquire the power forward, but the Raptors decided not to deal Marshall, who earned about $5.3 million US last season.

The 32-year-old averaged 11.5 points and 6.6 rebounds per game this past season with Toronto, and his strong outside shooting has made him a sought-after free agent.

Marshall shot 41.6 per cent from the three-point line last season. His 12 three-pointers - part of a career-high 38-point performance - in Toronto's 128-110 victory over Philadelphia on March 13 tied him with Kobe Bryant for the NBA record for threes in a game.

The New Jersey Nets and the Washington Wizards are among other NBA teams reportedly interested in acquiring Marshall.

The 11-year NBA vetaran joined the Raptors along with Jalen Rose in the 2003 trade that sent Antonio Davis and Jerome Williams to the Chicago Bulls.

Comment

• seenbad
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                I don't really want Staudamire...but he's better than Eric Snow starting...
                                With Donyell, Hughes and James to dish to, you'd like that a LOT. If he get's in to a role for assists, he can match anybody in the league and easily drop back to a scoring pg at the drop of a hat. In this lineup I see him averaging 12 assists pg. He'll be right under Nash.
                                sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

Working...