Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,040 of 1638

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mo Williams and Delante West are on the block. I think the Cavs are positioning themselves to sign Izzo...and sign and trade for...hmmm...Joe Johnson? Perhaps get a guy like Marvin Williams as well...to take the contract off the books..I don't know...could be interesting...

There has to be a plan here that I'm not seeing...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Mo Williams and Delante West are on the block. I think the Cavs are positioning themselves to sign Izzo...and sign and trade for...hmmm...Joe Johnson? Perhaps get a guy like Marvin Williams as well...to take the contract off the books..I don't know...could be interesting...

There has to be a plan here that I'm not seeing...
    I'm thinking more CP3 man.

perhaps we make the brand/no. 2 overall deal with philly?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've thought CP3 as well a few weeks ago...but how in the hell do you deal one of the top five or ten players in the league...

I know they took Collison...but Paul is a bargain...even at 15 million...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Izzo leaning towards taking the job. I'll bet you money that Gibson sold him on "this isn't LeBron's team, it's Izzo's team." You watch, Gibson is going to model himself after Cuban...a big-time owner with big-time money...

and I'll be honest...I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson secretly wants to win WITHOUT LeBron...

Byron Scott is in the mix, and I wonder if he wouldn't be the better choice...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Izzo told his players today that he would announce his decision on whether or not he would go to the Cavs tomorrow. The players reportedly came away with the impression that Izzo would take the Cavs job. Not sure how that is, but am assuming he was emotional.

If Izzo says no, I bet money that Byron Scott will be named coach before Monday...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The more I think about it, the dumber this move sounds if Izzo doesn't have it in writing that James is staying put. He's pretty much mortgaging his future on LeBron's decision, which if results in his departure, could signify doom for the Cavaliers. Without him, attendance is bound to drop, which would have a resounding impact on not only the team, but all the bars and restaurants near the arena that trade on the guy. Pretty much the same thing would happen here with the Heat if Wade decides to split.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There absolutely would be an initial drop...but...I think there's a couple things to consider here.

1. Gibson is a billionaire, and he absolutely can build Cleveland into something without LeBron. It may take some time, but I think there's a part of Gibson, that makes him a successful business man, that wants to try it.

2. Izzo is respected, and if LeBron leaves, Cavs fans will rally around LeBron leaving. Gibson gives the fans Izzo, and a promise to make the Cavs better than ever. Unlike most owners in the area, he's done everything he said he would. He's dealt and overpaid, and brought in players that should have helped LeBron...

at six million a year...Izzo not mortgaging anything. It's a no-lose prop. If LeBron stays, he's going to win. If LeBron leaves, Izzo has an excuse, a la Pitino when the Knicks didn't get Duncan. If leBron leaves and Izzo wins, he's a hero...

I don't know that I want Izzo, but I see the thinking behind it.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Without him, attendance is bound to drop, which would have a resounding impact on not only the team, but all the bars and restaurants near the arena that trade on the guy.
    yeah but the Cavs were bad before, and most of the Gateway bars made it until the Cavs were good again.

i think a bad Indians team could be worse for the bars than a bad Cavs team.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Izzo sez no.

supposedly Byron Scott is next, but i read he may want the Lakers gig if Jackson bails.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...they'd be stupid to hire anyone at this point...until they know LeBron's plans. If he stays...my guess is that candidates open up...like that piece of shit in Kentucky...or a guy like Phil Jackson, who may "retire," then sign on in Cleveland for a couple of years. I don't see that...but I think LeBron opens that door. If he leaves, then the Cavs will likely get the "other" guy in the LA Chronicles. If Jackson leaves, they'll get Scott or Brian Shaw...

whoever doesn't take the Lakers job...

Whatever.

LeBron and his egomaniacal summer continues. I love how he draws this shit out for his sponsors. Everything about this screams he's leaving. Look at DWade. He is screaming at the top of his lungs that he's staying...and busy recruiting. In the meantime, the Cavs can do nothing because of Mr. Hometown. Fuck him at this point.

I want him to stay...but this is bullshit...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Okay...so Chris Paul comes out and says he doesn't mind getting dealt...

I do believe that this would be LeBron's first choice...to play alongside CP3...so...can the Cavs get him? Well...they likely can...but I think the only way that they deal them is if they either get some youth...or expiring contracts.

Now the Cavs could offer up a deal...say Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison...for Paul straight up...but that wouldn't diminish money for NO...

Of course...there could be a third team involved...and if that's the case, a deal to get Paul could absolutely happen.

Of course...the Cavs would have a gap at center...but I don't believe at Power Forward. J.J. Hickson should get significant play (if not dealt), and is a better defender than Jamison...but the Cavs would still need a center.

Of course...they could add Okefor to the deal...

The next couple of days could get interesting, with the draft upon us. Watch for some maneuvering.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, leave it to Phil fucking Jackson to fuck the Cavs...

Byron Scott is candidate #1, and he's holding out for the Lakers job...so...Jackson says he might retire. His timetable?

He'll know a week from Friday. The date next Friday?

July 2..the day after free agency begins...

Oh, how badly could thisend...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nobody knows LeBron James better in the media than Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer. He went to the same high school as the King...and started covering the Cavs the same year as LeBron. He also co-authored two novels in which he followed LeBron extensively (with Terry Pluto, the greatest Cleveland writer of all-time). Why do I say this?

With rumors popping up and then being shot down routinely, one thing remains clear though all of the chaos surrounding LeBron James' free agency: the Cavaliers are still the frontrunner. A source close to James told The Plain Dealer Tuesday morning that James still considers the Cavs to have the edge in re-signing the two-time Most Valuable Player. This is based not only on the fact that the Cavs can pay him $30 million more than another team over the next six years, but also that it is James' home. The Cavs and likely a new head coach, which the team hopes to hire in the next two days, might also meet with James. While there have been reports that the Cavs are close to hiring Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, a team source said Tuesday morning that the Cavs have not made an offer to Shaw or other leading candidate Byron Scott. After all the meetings, according to sources, James is expected to make his decision over a period of several days. Until then, James does not plan on committing to anything. Over the last several days there have been a series of stories from newspaper and websites that have linked James to the Knicks, Bulls and Heat. Various denials then followed. Late Monday, ESPN reported that James met with fellow free agents Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade over the weekend in Miami. But sources close to James have told The Plain Dealer that James was in New York over the weekend and did not travel to Miami. It is possible that Wade, James and Bosh all spoke on the telephone about their options and plans as they hit free agency. All three are represented by the same agency. Wade and Bosh's agent, Henry Thomas, told the Miami Herald that the three did not meet in Miami.
    Now, Shaw is an important cog. Why? Because Shaw runs the triangle, the offense that LeBron most wants to run.

The cavs aren't out of this yet...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You get shaw, you have a pretty damn good chance at resigning him

Would LeBron work in a triangle offense very well? and who would play center? Would a Bosh come here in an S & T, or would he rather be in NJ/Miami or Chicago?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...that's the key question. In any triangle, the center is key...it's actually too bad that Z wasn't younger and healthier...he'd be a perfect center...

There's a wildcard...Dirk Nowitki is opting out of his contract. He's not a center...but he is 7'0"...I'm not sure if he's going for a max deal...or trying to get with one of these players...

but...I do think the Cavs have something going on other than LeBron and the coach. It may not happen now...but I do think that if LeBron signs with Cleveland, it's a sign that there's something else afoot...Bosh, CP3, Nowitki....etc...

I actually STILL think Amar'e is the cleanest fit here...

Here's a list of the power-forwards/centers available:

Power Forwards
    Chris Bosh (Player Option - owed 17.1 million in 10/11): Bosh's future remains very much up in the air. He could very well be traded by February's trade deadline if the Raptors feel he's leaning towards leaving…

Amar'e Stoudemire (Early Termination Option - owed 17.7 million in 10/11): With Suns owner Robert Sarver in financial trouble, the Suns appear to be in full-scale fire-sale mode, which makes Amar'e another prime candidate to be traded (sooner rather than later).

Dirk Nowitzki (ETO - owed $21.5 million in 10/11): You know Cuban will break the bank to keep Dirk in Big D, but is the feeling mutual? Does Nowitzki want to spend the rest of his career with the Mavs?

Carlos Boozer (Unrestricted): As detailed above, he'll be a hot commodity. A 28-year old that is still a legit 20/10 threat every time he steps on the court.

Udonis Haslem (Unrestricted): The type of banger and enforcer every team could use.

Al Harrington (Unrestricted): He's a volume shooter and isn't a great defender, but the guy can give you 25 on any given night.

Centers
    Yao Ming (ETO - owed 17.7 million in 10/11): Unfortunately for both Yao and the Rockets, Yao's '09-'10 season, and possibly even his career, are in jeopardy due to a serious foot injury. It is now safe to assume Yao does not opt out.

Memo Okur (Unrestricted): Centers that can shoot the three and stretch out defenses are always in high demand.

Marcus Camby (Unrestricted): The former Defensive Player of the Year will supply copious amounts of blocks and boards.

Tyson Chandler (ETO - owed $12.8 million in 10/11): Another big man battling nagging injuries, Chandler is still being shopped by the Hornets. Depending on his health, he may or may not choose to exercise his option.

Jermaine O'Neal (Unrestricted): In and out of the lineup the last few seasons due to various injures (do we see a pattern developing here among the big men?), but put up respectable numbers when he was able to stay on the floor.

Shaq O'Neal (Unrestricted): The Big Witness claims his goal is to 'Get the King a Ring.' We will all find how just how much gas he has left in the tank.

Brad Miller (Unrestricted): A reliable, versatile pivot – he played well for the Bulls after being traded to Chicago last season.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Unrestricted): Although clearly on the down slope of his career, Big Z remains one of the best perimeter-shooting big men in the NBA.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know what really fucking cracks me up? The beat reporter for the Cavs, and the guy with the ins, and a contributer to ESPN reports that LeBron is edging towards staying in Cleveland, and how much of this is reported by ESPN?

Fucking none of it.

Instead, their fucking "sources" say the big summit took place this week, even though all agents involved said it didn't happen. That gets the fucking press.

ESPN fucking blows ass. They want him in a major market...period.

In all seriousness, if fucking ESPN covered sports appropriately...a lot of the "market" issues would start to resolve. Fucking biased assholes...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ESPN has been worthless ever since about 2001.

It used to be like this sports nirvana for a fan, highlights every night on Sportscenter, sports generally on every other night.

then it just started to devolving into this shit hole E!/TMZ like affair, this whole LeBron summer 2010 is the pinnacle of this.

just really disgusted with what this network has become, from pushing shit country music into every goddamned broadcast of College Football to pushing douche nozzles like Mark May and Skip Bayless to give their opinions on really tired topics, just proves that channel is a shadow of it's former self.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really what it boils down to is, that, though they may not admit it, the reporters and anyone involved in the media side of thing, really don't want to go to Cleveland in June to cover the finals or any other time of year.

It's their job, and they don't like spending it an a city like the 2-1-6, they'd rather be in South Beach, New York, LA or Chicago, hence why anything that would support LBJ going to c-town is pushed to the back-burner.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, they should look at it this way. When Cleveland finally does win a title, they won't have to deal with us any more, because the city will burn down...and of that, there is no doubt...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, they should look at it this way. When Cleveland finally does win a title, they won't have to deal with us any more, because the city will burn down...and of that, there is no doubt...
    dad said that in in the AFCCG apperances the Browns made in the 80's, roads were dead. said you could bounce a basketball over 1-77, and not hit a car.

Huge reason why I don't want to see Miami get James, being that as a sports town, it's complete and utter shit. They should really only be allowed to have the phins and the u.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You should have seen the town in 1980...when the Browns were the Kardiac Kids...

I have never seen anything like it to this day. Ironic...since it was my last day as a Browns fan...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You should have seen the town in 1980...when the Browns were the Kardiac Kids...

I have never seen anything like it to this day. Ironic...since it was my last day as a Browns fan...
    someday I've gotta type up my story on becoming a bigger browns fan, it's nearly the reverse of yours, but no car keys...mine was rather the words of some kid in HS.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    dad said that in in the AFCCG apperances the Browns made in the 80's, roads were dead. said you could bounce a basketball over 1-77, and not hit a car.
    dude...they'd show that shot of the Stadium from atop a building across the Shoreway, and not one fucking car would go by.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some snippets from Wojo, who's not a LBJ/Cavs fan (really dislikes them in my opinion), but pretty good usually.

It’s clear why advisor William Wesley has been so relentless courting suitors with conditions and circumstances with which they can secure LeBron James(notes): For basketball’s biggest dealmaker, there’s little
    personal benefit to James re-signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers. To team executives in the chase and those familiar with the dynamics of James’ inner circle, World Wide Wes’ agenda is clear: Get LeBron out of Cleveland and push himself into a prominent place of power.

Beyond James’ own sentimentality and belief of staying the course with Cleveland, the best chance the Cavaliers have to re-sign James likely belongs to Carter, his business manager, and the high school buddies on the payroll. Should James leave for the bright lights and big cities, his childhood associates become less relevant, less impressive. “No one cares about those guys walking around in Chicago or Miami or New York,” one league executive said..
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ronpower062810

So it seems like this, World Wide Wes, who seems to me is playing "The cigarette smoking man" role here is dying to gain even more control of LeBron and possibly D-Wade, Bosh.

Really, if it's coming down to whether or not it's Maverick Carter or some slimeball agent that's very popular in NBA circles

Gotta sort of lean with Maverick and gang on this, I don't see LeBron as one to betray his friends and family like that. Besides, the most underrated thing in all of this is how Gilbert has treated them, which from all reports has been only been surpassed by how the organization has treated LeBron.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...things are going quickly...

I think the Cavs finally played this right. Both Brian Shaw and Byron Scott were at the top of the Cavs list. Both were also at the top of the Lakers list, should Phil Jackson step aside. Cleveland interviews both, and both go exceptionally well. Reports for both are that the Cavs were going to offer both.

The Cavs want a coach by Thursday...and Phil, reportedly, will make his decision by Friday.

Brian Shaw reportedly withdrew his name because of "timing issues." What does this mean? Reportedly, the Cavs had offered the job to Shaw yesterday. How true? Scott's agent e-mailed media outlets to congratulate him on the job. There had to be meat to the offer...had to be. So, here's where it gets interesting.

Shaw withdraws his name on Wednesday, saying timing was an issue. Later, it comes out that Shaw said he didn't want the job without LeBron's name involved. Is this true?

Well, more reports state that the Cavs started negotiating with Scott prior to the withdrawal. My bet? The Cavs wanted Scott, he wanted to wait...the Cavs then moved to Shaw, contacted Scott's agent, who told Scott it was time to move. That's when the negotiating started.

Now...is Phil coming back? Maybe, and maybe that's why Scott's ready to talk. Maybe he's not coming back, and the Lakers know that Shaw is their next coach, or coach-in-waiting for next year.

My bet? When we wake up, Byron Scott is our new coach, and that bright and early tomorrow morning, they have a presser for it. Check, and check...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Plus, there was Shaw's fucking agent...opening up his big fucking mouth all day yesterday and today.

Maybe the Cavs called him up, and told him to fuck off.

Okay...Cavs need to secure LeBron, and get Amar'e in a sign and trade...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    per twitter postings I've seen on TCF, Cavs appear to be looking at Ray Allen..which makes zero sense, as at this point he's a freaking rental

also, there's a trade rumor that the Cavs may go after Collison and Okefor in Nawlins via a trade.
    Last edited by Unchainme; 07-01-2010 at 01:14 AM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Byron Scott hired. i like it.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If they are going to New Orleans...they MUST go after CP3...and if they have to deal the entire team...that's where you go.

Getting Okefor makes sense as well. Shit...Jamison, Mo Williams and Hickson...then throw in a #1 somewhere...

for Okefor and CP3...Why the fuck not...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course, that deal makes no sense for NO...but who cares...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Al Jefferson would be a nice pick-up as well...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Got the right coach, now to see how all these big money players end up, im thinking wade aint going anywhere & it becomes a free for all on who
    can get bosh on their team. once lebron lands that is.

EUAS

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    whomever gets bosh, amare will be the other teams splash, so im guessing amare goes to miami.lol..

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chris Paul is making noise in New Orleans about how they aren't trying to do anything to make a splash...

Boy...if the Cavs could get CP3...and LeBron...and then you add any big man...

Ideally...bring in CP3 and figure out a way to get Al Jefferson...the Cavs would be tough....

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    so, the Cavs will be running a showtime lakers type offense next year if what scott said was correct.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It will be interesting to see what Dirk Nowitzki does. Even though he's loyal to Mark Cuban, I'd be willing to bet he'd be open to going just about anywhere, and he could really help a team like Cleveland.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has Dwyane Wade struck first?

In what I could only say is a shocking move, it looks like D-Wade is about to sign with hometown Chicago! In all honesty...that makes me a little sick to my stomach. If Wade leaves Miamii...the fucking Heat are toast...fucking toast...

They dumped EVERYONE!

RBW AND I WOULD HAVE TO PLAY THE 3 AND 5 POSITIONS!

So...if DWade does go to his hometown...would that pull IN LeBron...or...is this the two friends throwing a nod to each other in a head-to-head over the years...

Now...it will be interesting to watch the Bosh scenario. If the Bulls could land both Bosh and DWade, would they do it BEFORE meeting LeBron?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nowitzki has an offer. It's interesting he didn't sign it..and is meeting with the Mavs again. Fuck all that...I'd rather have 'Melo...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmmm...I wonder how I'd feel if Cleveland didn't sign LeBron...but managed a sign-and-trade for Paul...then...started dismantling their team over the year...and made a run at Melo next year....hmmmm

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Either way...there's going to be two or three teams that suck for fucking years because of their dumping of salary...fucking bullshit...

Thread Information