Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1638

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Showtime?

"There's nothing like winning at home, I won three titles in my hometown and there's not a better feeling. My last 5-6 years (of coaching), I used a Princeton (offense) style but I can't let go of my roots. We're going to be a running team, I think it is something that we can do."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"We know how great of a basketball player he is and I think he has room to grow. He (LeBron) has a high ceiling and that ceiling has not been tapped. I thought this was a home run for me. To be put in this situation with a team that has a chance to win right away. I think this team is right there, right now," Scott said. I think this is the right time and I'm the right coach to get to a championship."

Scott has already hired Paul Pressey to be his lead assistant, filling the same role Pressey did for Scott when both were with the New Orleans Hornets. He said he's still working on the rest of the staff.

You know what's laughable to me? Man people that thought the Cavs were a fucking "lock" to win a title after Jamison, are now saying they don't have a fucking shot. It's good to see someone with some fucking "in the know" realizes that the Cavs roster is ready to fucking go to the finals nearly as is...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

From Brian Windhorst in the past hour...

All these teams working on big-name partnership includes Cavs. Source said Raptors like some of Cavs players in potential sign-and-trade. Cavs could provide package of prospects, veterans, expiring contracts and instant salary-cap relief to Raptors. Difference between Cavs position and others, they can also take bad contracts from Raptors to aid rebuilding effort. Heat, Bulls can't. Goes without saying would be predicated on LeBron re-sign and then attempting to recruit Chris Bosh to CLE. So still very complex. Without getting into specifics Cavs have non-guarantees worth $5.3M & can structure multiple trades to save Raps $5-7M more in 1st yr alone. Plus provide a prospect, quality vets & expiring contracts that fall off cap or be trade assets for Raptors. Of course, Bosh must want it.
    In other words, the Cavs just might be able to roll out a sign and trade for Bosh, and take on Terkoglu and Jose Calderon...which wouldn't be a bad thing...IMO...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'd be really curious as to how LBJ would preform in a showtime offense

I've heard comparisions that he's more of a Magic type player than MJ, and to me he's a better shooter than Magic was.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know...it will be interesting...

Tomorrow's going to be an interesting day.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wade meeting with the Bulls for the second time tonight...then meeting with the Heat for a second time tomorrow...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cavs go first tomorrow...and supposedly...the streets are going to be lined with fans...

Not sure I like the Bulls going second...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Windhorst...

Several execs I've talked to doubt Wade to Chicago noise. Most still say follow money, most money in Miami.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bosh says he doesn't have any offers yet...

My guess is that teams are looking at him as a complimentary piece.

He'll either be the guy that teams sign to say, "Hey LeBron, come here..."

Or, more likely, be the guy that they go after once LeBron or Wade signs...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow...Bosh took part in Wade's second meeting...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

what happens if it's D-Wade and Bosh to the bulls?

does that mean we can pretty much kiss cleveland playoff basketball good bye or do the Cavs still have a fighting chance to keep LBJ?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry, I just think the Bosh+Wade+Rose combo just doesn't seem very good for basketball, perhaps thats just me

Neither does the Bosh+Wade+James combo in Miami, just seems really new york yankee like, and just douchey

The NFL has it best, you get one superstar per team, plus a couple of role players.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...a trio of superstars isn't out of the norm...

Remember...the Lakers of Yor had about 100 hall of famers and/or all stars...IE...Kareem, Magic, Worthy...

and the Celts...the same...

Bird, McHale, DJ, Parrish...etc...

But did they win every year? Nope? You'd always have those years like the Sixers...and Rockets...

I still say if you give LeBron ONE other star...so they can't focus their attention on 'Bron, they almost can't be beat.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As far as signing the King...it's going to be hard for him to leave...he's going to be driving through Cleveland...and the streets will be lined like a fourth of july parade...

It's home...and I don't care what anyone says...this team is CLOSE to winning a title without any changes...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cleveland Cavaliers ready for meeting with LeBron James
    Published: Friday, July 02, 2010, 11:19 PM Updated: Friday, July 02, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

Now it is the Cavaliers' turn.

When the Cavaliers meet with LeBron James on Saturday, the theme of their pitch will center on this being his hometown and how well the team and the fans know and appreciate him.

After two days of meetings with the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, the hometown Cavs are up next to make their sales pitch to mega free agent LeBron James.

Their strategy, according to sources, will be somewhat different from the other teams' and focus on just how well they know their superstar. The meeting is expected to be relatively short, nowhere near the length of the Knicks' and Heat's, who met with James for more than two hours.

Owner Dan Gilbert, General Manager Chris Grant and new coach Byron Scott are expected to be the principles in the meeting, but other members of the organization that James is close with could be present as well.

The Cavs also plan on playing toward James' sense of humor and playfulness, something with which the team is very familiar. The plan is to keep it loose and informal because of their long-term relationship with James, who has been attending the meetings in T-shirts and sweats while his suitors arrive in $2,000 suits.

Although the Cavs have met with James in person several times since the end of the season, they have been preparing for this moment for several months. While their presentation will not be as flashy as some of the others, sources said the Cavs spent significant money and time in creating their show.

The Cavs have displayed the theme of their pitch with the billboards reading "Home" that are across the city. The feeling of home and the comfort with the team is part of the selling point.

There will, of course, be serious business to discuss. The Cavs have two visions to explain. One is how Scott sees James within his systems and what changes he plans to make.

Scott and James already know each other. They have spent time together at events set up by mutual ally Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets. But James doesn't know Scott as a coach. Scott hopes to change that today.

Speaking as if he were addressing James directly, Scott said at his introductory news conference on Friday in Independence that he wants the Cavs to be a running offensive team. That is something James has privately, and sometimes publicly, wanted to do more over the last several seasons.

"You could almost look at LeBron as a Magic Johnson type," Scott said, comparing James to his former teammate with the Lakers and close friend. "He has that type of ability, that type of skill."

The second piece of serious business is the roster upgrades that can be executed if James re-signs. That is where Grant and Gilbert come in. The other teams trying to sign James are working toward bringing in other top free agents. The Cavs aren't out of that game.

According to a source, the Toronto Raptors like some of the pieces the Cavs could use in a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh. The Cavs, unlike rivals trying to get Bosh such as the Bulls and Heat, can offer a package of prospects, quality veterans, expiring contracts and instant savings.

Because of the depth of the roster, the Cavs can absorb a bad contract or two from the Raptors, which could save Toronto millions of dollars this season and years into the future and help with a rebuilding process after Bosh's departure.

It would all be predicated on Bosh wanting to come to Cleveland, and that would depend on James recruiting him after re-signing. So would all the other major moves the Cavs would look into and show James.

Which is why re-signing him is the first priority, and the plan is to show that to him today.
    I really wonder...if James announces tomorrow or Sunday...that he's staying...could they get Bosh too? I'm still pissed at all this. If that fucker signs, and hems and haws until the beginning or the middle of the week, all the names will sign, and he'll hand-cuff the cavs...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Monday, he'll likely want to have a party with the family announcing his intentions that sunday I would think, give him a day to rest, mull things over.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

either way, the day he announces it, I'm going to do something involving alcohol.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Monday, his basketball camp starts. Sources say Monday isn't his deadline...but I don't think he wants to roll into a camp not knowing...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Click here you whores--LeBron James Skills Academy

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's in akron

odds say, that there will be players from akron at said event, odds are If given any lee-way they'll ask him

add to the fact that he has a scheduled event in Cleveland on July 8th as well, and that makes it's even more intriguing

does he wait until July 8th, allowing FA moves to be made with him just standing still? or does he annouce it earlier in hopes of improving the roster of his new/current team?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...if he fucking announces he's going to another team...I can't imagine him going to functions in Cleveland with the fucking backlash...and there better be fucking backlash...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Well...if he fucking announces he's going to another team...I can't imagine him going to functions in Cleveland with the fucking backlash...and there better be fucking backlash...
    This is a city that chucked bottles at referees because they got the call wrong in a game crucial to the playoffs, this is a city that is well known for all eternity for "ten cent beer night", this is a city that has scared modell off so bad, he's never stepped foot in the state of ohio since '95.

I recall Jim Rome had someone call in, saying Cleveland is "likes to fight guy", pretty much says it all.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wade meeting with the Bulls for the second time tonight...then meeting with the Heat for a second time tomorrow...
    I think wade is a smokescreen if you really wanna call it..he's all HEAT, he is going no where. Bosh is Chi or Miami's prize, period.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Scenarios that keep running through my head are:

1).
    Bosh+D-Wade in Miami,

2.)
    Bosh to Chi-town, D-Wade+Boozer in Miami

3.)
    D-Wade to Chi-town, Bosh and Chris Paul to the Nets.

4.)
    Bosh+D-Wade+Rose in Chicago.

I can't say what will happen with LeBron and the Cavs, and as I am a firm believer in the Cleveland Curse, don't really want to predict what is to happen with them, due to my own personal superstitions.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Im thinking #2 plus boozer, hope im wrong.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...here's the thing..

I really, really believe the Cavs have a sign-and-trade lined up for Bosh. If LeBron signs, I think there's a really good chance that Bosh follows. I think Boozer is a lock in Miami.

While I think that DWade is more leaning towards Miami, don't count out Chicago just yet. Remember...Miami has NO PIECES. Riley may have outthought himself...which...makes me fucking laugh. You know, as bright a guy as Riley is, he's made himself into a crazy-ass old man over the past few years...it does make you wonder...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When I say a sign-and-trade lined up for Bosh, I mean with regards to the Cavs management, and Toronto management. I think that's their ace in the pocket today...

"LeBron, here's what we've done, as we've always done. Here's your new coach, a former champion, who has taken weak teams to the Finals. And, we've lined up a sign-and-trade for your pal Chris Bosh. You sign with us, you can talk him into joining us, and of course, we can help with that..."

LeBron wants to know not just for today, but the future. Cleveland, year-after-year has made moves to make James and the Cavs better...

I wonder if the Bulls are going to pay for Noah and for Rose when they come up for a new deal? Can they max out four guys? Sure, they can...but do the Bulls have that background? Hell...no...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Well...here's the thing..

I really, really believe the Cavs have a sign-and-trade lined up for Bosh. If LeBron signs, I think there's a really good chance that Bosh follows. I think Boozer is a lock in Miami.

While I think that DWade is more leaning towards Miami, don't count out Chicago just yet. Remember...Miami has NO PIECES. Riley may have outthought himself...which...makes me fucking laugh. You know, as bright a guy as Riley is, he's made himself into a crazy-ass old man over the past few years...it does make you wonder...
    Our local media is in the process of going batshit at the moment, as Wade has agreed to a second meeting with the Bulls today. Riley is keeping cool, remaining stoic and brushing things off as part of business. But you have to recall Wade's comments at the end of the season, saying he is through with being bounced out of the playoffs and being one and done. Chicago makes a great deal of sense for him, with or without Lebron. You just have to wonder what Riley (and a great many other teams) has in mind as a back up plan if Wade goes to Chicago, taking Bosh with him.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yo Craig...Chicago already had that second meeting with Wade...second meeting today with Riley.

In all honesty, I don't know that Miami has a back-up plan. I think their "we can get all three" mentality was the best they could do (and pretty damn good). Unfortunately for the Heat, Wade is going through all this divorce bullshit, and he has to feel like he's a million miles away from his kids and crazy-ass ex-wife. The Bulls can sell their team without Bosh and/or LeBron...so they roll Wade in for meeting 2...and mid-way...Bosh walks in...well...

Now, I still think 'Bron is a wildcard. Imagine this scenario...Wade to the Bulls...

'Bron to the Heat...and Bosh follows LeBron...

doubtful...but the scenarios are mind-boggling.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting...the Bulls would have to sign and trade to get Bosh a Max deal...with another star...

and the Cavs have better pieces..

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

From Windhorst:

Details leaking out after Fri. Pat Riley was extremely passionate in his pitch to LeBron. Trying to convince him to take $ less to win. But passion is one thing, $35-38 million LeBron might leave on table. One of reasons LeBron remained non-committal.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

From Windhorst again...about the Nets...

Also heard Prokhorov was all business, very serious & frank but confident. Controlled the room. Again, LeBron interested & non-committal...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I read somewhere that the Nets had offered LJ a BILLION, and Wade a figure around $500,000, yet both remained non-committal. So it's obvious that it isn't about the money, it's about winning. Out of all of the 3 best deals, Chicago seems most likely to be capable of hitting the ground running. Cleveland and Miami still have some gaps to fill, and you wonder if the revenue is there.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah...the owner said he could make James a worldwide commodity, and guaranteed to make him a billionaire...

But seriously...the worldwide money that James generates in Cleveland, isn't going to be altered THAT much from a move to New Jersey...remember...he's already making as much money a year as Jordan in endorsements home and abroad...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hehehehe

There are hundreds of Cavs fans in downtown with team-provided signs lining street to meeting. Outside building fans chanting "Noah sucks"

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stephen Asshole Smith is a cunt.

He admits that his head is in his ass with his Miami reports...but continues to hammer on Cleveland, saying he can't go there and compete...

James showing up as we speak...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's home...
    "LeBron just arrived in silver sedan. Fans didn't seem to realize it was him, but he just went upstairs. Wearing all black today."

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stephen Asshole Smith is a cunt.

He admits that his head is in his ass with his Miami reports...but continues to hammer on Cleveland, saying he can't go there and compete...
    The guy really is like listening to a car alarm going off whenever he opens his mouth. After a while, you just tend to ignore it and hope someone will come along shortly to shut it off.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You know it's bad when ESPN turns you off...

Maverick Carter last to arrive, fans thought he was LeBron and cheered. Not a bad idea, Mav part of decision.

Thread Information