Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SA ME WHO
    Roadie
    • Nov 2004

Time for some of the staff to step up to the plate, so to speak.

The first week or two, things looked promising (if for no other reason than their horrendous start last year sabotaged any post-season hopes they had. Not so much since. It's June boys. Time to start getting the ball in motion. (I'm not even going to say rolling. I'll settle for motion at this point.)

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

They'll be fine...

just have to make sure the Tigers aren't for real...

but I expect Cleveland to end up somewhere around 100 wins this year...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Yo Poj. or VA, I was reading this and they said that Rooney and Wilson for Buffalo voted against the browns moving, Why is that? I could never figure out why Pittsburgh our Biggest Rivals wanted us to stay/
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Do you guys have any idea why?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Rooney is a diehard NFLer...and his belief was that the NFL was a better place with the Browns as a part of it. I agree with him. Rooney knew...as a fan in a similar market...that Rooney was full of shit...and that ultimately...Cleveland would give that team a new stadium...

He also feared that Cleveland...one of the original NFL franchises...moving...would set a shitty precedent. Thankfully...with Rooney's help...he made sure that not only would Cleveland get their team back...but they'd get their history back from fucking Modell as well...

Rooney is perhaps the classiest owner ever...and I'm not kidding when I say that...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Rooney is a diehard NFLer...and his belief was that the NFL was a better place with the Browns as a part of it. I agree with him. Rooney knew...as a fan in a similar market...that Rooney was full of shit...and that ultimately...Cleveland would give that team a new stadium...

He also feared that Cleveland...one of the original NFL franchises...moving...would set a shitty precedent. Thankfully...with Rooney's help...he made sure that not only would Cleveland get their team back...but they'd get their history back from fucking Modell as well...

Rooney is perhaps the classiest owner ever...and I'm not kidding when I say that...

I asked the browns fan there, they said a lot of the same reasons. Rooney is a class act, Would never want to see the Steelers move as well, It would never be the same. We need to get this Rivalry going back up again, No more of this 41-0 bullshit, lets get some down- to-the-wire-for -the-divison-title games going. And I think this will start very soon.

Comment

• SA ME WHO
                Roadie
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme

BTW, Welcome SA ME WHO, Grate to have another browns fan here.
                Thanks Chain! I'm a diehard that, no matter how much we suck, can't change, so, it's good to know there's someone to cry in a beer with.

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Poj. Have you heard the rumors?

Garnett Has been dining with Gilbert in cleveland, He wants to be a cav, Doesn't shock me, Always seemed like he likes Lebron a lot for some reason.

Iverson has been rumored to come here as well.

Either one of them, Makes us instant Title Contenders instantly and we could easily win the central with them.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

fuck Iverson, leave him where he is.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I just can't see either one of them coming to the Cavs...and I'd take either...

I'm not as down on Iverson as twona...and think it being Lebron's team would be enough to tone him down...

as for Garnett...well...you have to work out a deal to get him...and I don't see it happening unless it's for Z (doubt it), or a sign and trade for Gooden...

again...you roll Z outta here...

make a deal for a point like Brevin Knight...get an athletic center...

and you make it to the finals sooner than later...

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I heard a rumor today that the Indians are cutting Sauerbeck and calling up Perez.
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

I thought Garnett and Iverson were both Free Agents this year?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Yeah...Sauerbeck's been "designated for"

hell...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I don't know about Iverson...

but I know Garnett isn't...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Which means if the rumors are true that Garnett was talking to the Cavs...then there would be league repurcussions...

Comment

Working...