Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 1638

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking bosh though.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I admit I'm not paying attention to very much of this at all, but why WOULDN'T Toronto want to do a sign-and-trade, and at least get something in return for losing Bosh ??

This is a first for me, but I'm gonna actually feel sorry for Cleveland when LeBron finally makes it final and leaves the city....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Theoretically, you throw out a sign and trade to pull in players and picks that can help you improve your team, or cut cap space. I'm not sure there's a deal out there that will do it that will equal Bosh's talent, and 16.5 million. Remember, to do the deal in the NBA, they'll have to acquire about 16.5 million in salary to allow the deal to go through. You either want another star (not going to happen), a couple of really good players (maybe), or cut salary, so you can be more free to make other moves....

Plus, Bosh is agitating them with his galavanting across the fucking country, posting shit left and right...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeBron is leaving...

He's not announcing until Thursday. What does that mean? It means that the selfish fuck doesn't want to announce while he's at his precious fucking camp, so that his precious fucking campers don't call him the prick that he is. Because he's a fucking coward of mammoth fucking proportions, the Cavs won't be able to move on signing anyone else, because of course, Thursday is signing day. Every free agent worth a hill of fucking beans will already be signed...leaving the fucking Cavs dicks in the fucking dirt.

What a cunt...planned four fucking years ago with the other two cunts...

I hope he does goto fucking Chicago, so the cunt can constantly be compared to the other cunt...

and if I'm wrong...and the cunt stays in Cleveland, he's still a cunt for fucking waiting this long. Like the fucking cunt hasn't had three years to fucking prepare...

fucking cunt...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Part of the pitch to LeBron:

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=cavaliers_576x324& videoId=teams/cavaliers/2010/07/03/lebronmorethanaplayer2-1365233" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=cavaliers_576x324& videoId=teams/cavaliers/2010/07/03/lebronmorethanaplayer2-1365233" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All the sports shows are loving the fact that there's so much speculation, conjecture and basically, something to fill in the time in an otherwise slow period in sports......at least, American sports.

Really, the only thing I would be concerned with if I was LeBron is going to a team that can get me a ring.......he has everything else. He makes more money off of merchandise and endorsements then he can from any NBA contract, so really what is the motivation other than a championship........the one thing he needs to guarantee lucrative endorsements for the rest of his life.

All professional sports are a business after all and the days of signing to a team and finishing your career there are long gone. Teams have no loyalty to players and players have no loyalty to teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    this was in the otherwise amateurish News-Herald:

Les Levine: Is home where James' heart is?

Let's see if I can get through a column without mentioning LeBron James.

Sorry, it is not possible. We are all tired of hearing about this saga, but it is impossible to ignore. It might quite possibly be the most bizarre offseason story we have ever witnessed in the history of Cleveland sports, and we can't take our eyes off of it. The most interesting part of the coverage frenzy is watching the "experts" do their little dances as decision time draws near. A few of them said they were hoping James would remain in Cleveland, but none that I know of actually predicted that would happen.

As signs point to that as a real possibility, some are starting to say they knew it all the time. If James decides to stay, perhaps he can find a way to keep the soap opera going every year so Cleveland can continue to become one of America's great destination cities.

While we don't know the details of the sales pitches that were given by New York, New Jersey, Miami, Chicago and the Los Angeles Clippers, it is hard to believe any of them can beat Cleveland's sales pitch. If James, in fact, is only interested in winning, is there a guarantee that would happen with any of those franchises? What have we seen regarding the recent history of the ownership of any of those teams that would indicate they would be capable of doing more than Dan Gilbert has done, putting together NBA-best regular-season records two years in a row? What has new Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, Nets coach Avery Johnson, Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni and Heat coach Erik Spoelstra accomplished as a player/coach that Cavs coach Byron Scott hasn't done?

Does James really want to play with Dwyane Wade? Isn't Michael Jordan's legacy too big to overcome? Is Joakim Noah that good that he could help LeBron win seven titles? Is Newark the center of the Mecca of basketball? Would James lose his friendship with Jay-Z if he doesn't go to the Nets? How many more endorsements can he get in New York that he can't get here? What have these franchises done in recent years other than make salary cap room? Has it been that long since James saw "More Than a Game" or noticed his own 330 area code tattoo?

Most importantly, if he leaves, can he really go home again?
    and Levine loves his "how come"s...

How come …

-- David Stern's dress code apparently only applied to the guys who were trying to convince the sweats and T-shirt-clad player to accept multi-million dollar offers this week?

-- Hometown discounts don't exist in the NBA?

-- If LeBron doesn't go to New Jersey, whose team is owned by a Russian businessman, they may change their name to the "Nyets?"

-- If Red Auerbach had coached in Dallas, when victory was assured, he would light up a Cuban cigar?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I actually like Levine a lot. I've talked to him a few times, and did some phone interviews with him when I worked with MVN...good guy...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i liked Levine's cable show. now that Bob August and Hal Lebowitz are gone from the News-Herald there isn't much to read in there.

Bob Finnan covers the Cavs for the N-H and he seems okay. i don't care for their Tribe guy.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I actually like Levine a lot. I've talked to him a few times, and did some phone interviews with him when I worked with MVN...good guy...
    wish he was on the radio up here over what we currently have.

stuttering greg brinda is still on the air.

Rizzo has a decent show, despite the fact he was a sidekick that play gay ass bumper music, and keeps flapping his mouth about hating on Ohio St.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Windhorst is reporting that the Knicks met with LeBron's agent Saturday night to share with him their new gameplan with Amar'e part of the equation. They then planned to fly to Cleveland tonight, for another meeting with LeBron. LeBron said no.

I'll give it to the Knicks...they are going after it.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and i'll give it to LeBron...he ain't buying it.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...what a fucking clusterfuck. I'll bet you fucking money that the Knicks DID tell LeBron that they had Amare...and had to fucking cover their asses...

Apparently they met yesterday morning with him...

and fucking Amar'e is going around all but guaranteeing Parker and Carmello next year...

fucking funny stuff...

I wonder if the Cavs do have something in the fire...like Carmello...

It was interesting today...that the cavs are the only team of the ones mentioned that have a legit sign and trade, with legit players...of the teams in play for 'Bron...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Finnan from the N-H was just on WKYC's Sunday night sports show.

he says the Bulls only have 5 guys under contract, and there's still work to be done there beyond getting LeBron. could be a tough sell.

Clippers showed up with just two reps and no big presentation, which sends the message "why bother."

Nets...LBJ would have to play in Newark for two years. okay, he wouldn't have to necessarily LIVE in Newark, but still. then there's that whole Nets/Knicks and Mets/Yankees argument. kinda like Arsenio Hall once said about LA..."you don't like the beach, we got the mountains. you don't like basketball, we got the Clippers."

didn't really comment on the Heat, beyond that he doesn't think they have a good chance of getting LBJ.

Finnan thinks LBJ has already made up his mind and that he's gonna stay here.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Finnan is being optimistic about the Bulls. Yeah, they only have five under contract, but it's the five that count. Noah, albeit a douche, is a fanatical rebounder, and can score. Rose is going to be a superstar. Deng is also under contract, and is a nice player. They really could add one max player, and contend right away. I know they'd need to add players, but the core would be outstanding.

I do think they sold too much, as most teams are. The Cavs might be in the best position to do anything...as in...add Bosh...we'll see.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "During their meeting, the Bulls stressed there would be no special privileges for his friends and management team, like there have been in Cleveland."

please dear lord let this be true.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=391959

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think people realize the repercussions of this.

Big Market teams are actually selling this as not wanting to be that player, on a small market team, that never wins a title.

It's just funny. All these years, Cleveland can't keep players because they can never offer up enough years or money. Now, they can offer up more money, and more years. They can offer up a playoff caliber team that likely could have won it all this year with the right coach. And the player is FROM CLEVELAND!

Unprecedented...

If he doesn't stay, there really is no hope in Mudville...ever...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I don't think people realize the repercussions of this.

Big Market teams are actually selling this as not wanting to be that player, on a small market team, that never wins a title.

It's just funny. All these years, Cleveland can't keep players because they can never offer up enough years or money. Now, they can offer up more money, and more years. They can offer up a playoff caliber team that likely could have won it all this year with the right coach. And the player is FROM CLEVELAND!

Unprecedented...

If he doesn't stay, there really is no hope in Mudville...ever...
    Eh, you never know.

Always figured when the city does win a title, it'll be when the fans least expect it.

like some sort of Browns team that just barely makes it to the playoffs and gets hot.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There may be a rift between William Wesley and LeBron...and why?

Because Wesley is really pushing Chicago. LeBron seems to be souring a bit on Chicago...because they really pushed "filling Jordan's shoes," and rumblings that Rose had been really pushing Joe Johnson.

All from Windhorst...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Should the Cavs sign LeBron, they have talked to the Suns about dealing for Leandro Barbosa...for Jamario Moon and Delonte West.

That's if they can't nab Bosh...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeBron and Chris Paul are working out together later in the week...

and Mike Miller is coming to work out with them...

take that for what it's worth...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...set=8#comments

fucking epic right here, cannot stop laughing. His logic is faulty as hell.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    CP3 was at the Nike clinic too.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...set=8#comments

fucking epic right here, cannot stop laughing. His logic is faulty as hell.
    we may lack a sports passion, but what happens when the Chosen One can't deliver in NYC? that's right, the media will eat him alive. now there's a reason to go to the Knicks.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ESPN via the PD...

LeBron James and Chris Bosh could play together, and it could be in Cleveland, writes ESPN's Chris Broussard.

Broussard writes that everything will hinge on Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

Broussard writes that James and Bosh are aware of such a trade, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources. But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.
    cold to playing here, or living here? i like Toronto, great city. maybe Bosh is a closet curler.

West may have trouble in very anti-gun Ontario, Canada.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bosh is saying no right now...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

EUAS

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So things are looking up now, eh Poj ??

The thing that I'm gonna be looking for if he does sign with the Cavs is who, if anyone, comes with him....

Would he really be that foolish to sign alone ??

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    So things are looking up now, eh Poj ??

The thing that I'm gonna be looking for if he does sign with the Cavs is who, if anyone, comes with him....

Would he really be that foolish to sign alone ??
    prediction, either 1 bosh or wade does something today (weds) on thier intent..bosh (bulls or miami)
    Lebron has thurs to himself for announcement.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I honestly don't think he's going to Cleveland. This is all very strange...very high drama...very much not like lebron. Think about it. He changes his number to 6. Obviously, this promotes a new start, and perhaps leads to a move to Chicago. Then, a new website, he joins Twitter, all of these idiotic pitches, and now a press conference?

The presser is at 9:00 on thursday, almost a full day after players can ink a deal. So, someone is getting screwed.

I do hope that I'm wrong, but this kid in a candy store is starting to fit a move somewhere else. I don't think we know all of the pieces yet, and I do think they all
    might end up together somewhere, and it may not even be Chicago.

I just don't see these three guys sitting down in 2006 and planning these three year deals without having an end game.

Now, I'm predicting that lebron is gone, and I'm tentatively going to say Miami, while I still think Miami is a big possibility.

Unless, there is a missing piece somewhere...a la a CP3 to Cleveland in a trade, a bosh sign and trade, and lebron signing.

It's clear to me that lebron wants this to be a spectacle. Cleveland isn't a spectacle unless there is a surprise.

As for the pressed, I wouldn't be surprised if they all weren't announcing together.
    Last edited by POJO_Risin; 07-07-2010 at 04:52 AM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny...Brian Windhorst may be agreeing with me...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ames_will.html

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here im thinking its miami left as a bridesmaid, it becomes Chicago..their out IMO.

Poj, Its clearly Cleveland or Miami here..

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it's the Knicks now...

Get this, the stock price for MSG has went up 5% since rumors started he was going to NY....

I just don't think he wants to be in Cleveland with the same old parts there now.... At least in NY, he's got AmarE and more cap money to spend on Carmelo next year....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Allan Houston has a house in Greenwich...and so does JayZ...where he's allegedly making his announcement. It has nothing to do with the pieces. If that were the case, he'd go to Miami wit a three year deal, and get a max contract then.

He's utterly fucked the cavs on so many fronts if he leaves, and to do it in a one-hour special. If he leaves, with the way he's done it, he should be MORE hated then modell. The browns are back...the cavs never will be.

Like I said, if you are a hometown guy, being offered the most money, and you don't fucking take it...

wow...

In all honesty, it's Time to get rid ofid to small market teams in all leagues. Fuck lebron James. Even if he signs with the cavs, the egotistical fucking rampage is fucking ridiculous.

What a cunt...
    Last edited by POJO_Risin; 07-07-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kevin Durant may be my favorite player...seriously...

Michael Jordan was a dickhead, but he had more class in how he handled his business with baskeball in his pinky...then this whole fucking show.

Egomaniacal doesn't cover it.

"I'm back..."

remember that?

Two simple words from the greatest fucking player of all time...period...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jim Donovan, WKYC:

Of course, there is other news...the Indians have lost 51 games already.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Newsday...which was the first to report Greenwich as the site for the announcement...is reporting that LeBron has chosen Miami...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All emotions aside, if indeed he chose Miami, wouldn't it be a cool story to see Pat Riley
    besting Phil on his last stand? Kobe cries & the world is a better place because of it..
    IMO anything to see kobe finished with titles I'm ALL for.
    I still take the Knicks rumor to the bank. Isnt it funny i called the miami last night?
    I was all grins this morning..for the record, i do hope he stays put for your sakes
    If MJ sold out & left i wouldn't be over that today..so I hear ya.
    good luck fellas...

Thread Information