Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 1638

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    I don't know if you can get CP3, his connections with LBJ make it sort of iffy for me.
    To be honest...the speculation is that he'll end up in Miami somehow...which...if New Orleans did a deal like that...I'd fucking figure out a way to sue David Stern an the nBA for the sham...

Now...is there a chance? I don't fucking know what the hell to believe. CP was allegedly part of the pact to play together after the olympics...with the 'three queens'
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't believe they are admitting to it. I have only heard Bosh say it...has Wade or Queen James confirmed?

Wow...makes the series against Boston look so so bad for James and the NBA.

How can you do that James...just sell out and play like a pussy in the playoffs in your final year with your home-town Cavs? I feel sick and I am not even there.
    Roth Army Canada

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No...the only player to slip up is Bosh...

but of course...nobody is playing THAT up..

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You really should have seen the spectacle here in Miami last night...the arrogance held by the threesome was truly hard to take. You'd think they felt that they were above everyone in the league. The idea of simply throwing a group of stars together and expecting them to win works sometimes, and at other times is nothing short of embarrassing (and James should know this, having played for the U.S.A. on the 2004 Olympic team). The way these nitwits presented themselves and collectively behaved last evening, you'd think this far more respectable trio was coming to a town near you...

Now if the Heat starts playing a version of "Sweet Georgia Brown" during warm-ups, don't say you haven't been warned.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 07-10-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This may have been touched on, but I missed it in 33 pages here. But could LeBron "blowing it" in the playoffs have been orchestrated? I mean, if this whole deal was in the making for a long time, him finally bringing a ring to Cleveland would have fucked everything up, no?

If Cleveland had just won, he couldn't use the excuse he is leaving to win. LeBron needed Cleveland to lose again so he could go off to be with his dream team buddies.

Funny thing is, LeBron would have gone down in history as a greater player by bringing just 1 ring to Cleveland than if he brings 5 to Miami. If the Heat don't win any in the next 5 years, these 3 will go down in history not as great players that never won...but absolute failures. If they only win 1 it will be almost as bad. They need to win at bare minimum 2, probably 3 to live up to the hype. And even then, not one will stand out as "the guy" like a Jordan. Hell, not even a Kobe. I don't think these 3 guys really realize what kind of pressure they just put onto themselves.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    You really should have seen the spectacle here in Miami last night...the arrogance held by the threesome was truly hard to take. You'd think they felt that they were above everyone in the league.
    I was expecting David Stern to come out and present them the next 5 championship trophies. They acted as if the season & playoffs are just a formality.

Remember folks, it's still just 3 guys. They haven't won a fucking thing yet. They still need to win something and pull it together. And this is barring any injuries that tend to be more prevalent in the age brackets these guys are heading in to.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Harrison Barnes in 2011.

suck it ledouche
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeWhore and CP3 at Carmello's wedding...

I gotta tell you...like LeBron or hate him, I'm going to miss the fuck out of watching him play. It's not often that the best player in anything is on your favorite team, and for seven years we had it. Cleveland was a big deal...win or lose. Now that's gone...and I don't like it at all. He is/was a magical fucking player.

Now...that said...he's a cunt.

As for the choke being orchestrated...I'd love to look into that. That walk into the locker room...as he's taking off the Cavs jersey in what looked like disgust...and tossing it away. If that wasn't orchestrated...it sure as hell looked like it.

The Heat are going to have trouble filling out this roster over the next couple of years. It could actually be funny watching these guys fucking have to play 40 a game.

Big Z looking to sign in Miami....with his good fucking pal...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Cavs are working Atlanta for Josh Childress and Marvin Williams...and working Minnesota for Al Jefferson and Jonny Flynn...

Seriously...if you can hang on to J.J. Hickson...that gives you something to work with...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    I gotta tell you...like LeBron or hate him, I'm going to miss the fuck out of watching him play.
    i'm sure the Heat will be on TV every night now. plenty of chances to watch!

i predict the Christmas game will be Lakers/Heat.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i like this on the PD site:

Note for commenters

We understand your anger, but please show that Cleveland has class: no racism, no vulgarity, and leave his family out of it. Commenters who cross those lines may have their accounts temporarily or permanently suspended.
    but i'm sure if some dirt about Gloria James being a "stage mother" type and the Cavs are happy to have her gone that the PD will run with it.

this was an interesting read also

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....iamis_cou.html

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah twona...

I followed Windhorst through this whole process, including that piece, and kept thinking, "This guy is as good as it gets."

I wouldn't be surprised to see Windhorst getting some money to go bigtime. It will be interesting to see if he goes there.

I can't wait for Windhorst and/or Pluto to put out another book...this time on the deception...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unfortunately, I really...really do believe this was the first nail in the coffin of the end of NBA basketball in Cleveland.

With LeBron, nobody would come here. Without LeBron, and with Gilbert there...well..

As much as the rest of the world know what a fucking jizz LeDick is, you know how it is with regards to NBA players and their "peeps." Gilbert's going to get stonewalled. LeBron said, in his latest interview, "he didn't think of how it would effect his long-term future..."

Not only is LeSuck fucking us now, but you watch. Behind the scenes, LeCock is going to do everything he can to keep the Cavs from succeeding...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I won't watch a Heat game...ever...except for their game in Cleveland...and likely only the first couple of minutes...long enough to watch LeShithead's powder throw...as the Cavs-fans all brick him..

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What happened with LeBron is the future of pro sports. Teams like the Cavs, the Pacers, the Grizzlies, the Raptors, the Timberwolves, are going to be also rans for here on out. Try to convince a big name free agent to spend the winter in the Midwest. Not gonna happen. But you say "Sil, what about the threesome that went to Boston." You mean Boston, the second home of ESPN, where they pimp ALL New England teams? Where they will get constant exposure?

Like I say, this is the future of all pro sports. Small to mid market teams are toast, unless you have a winning tradition, like the Steelers. Midwestern cities are toast, unless you have tradition like the Bulls. Cold cities are toast unless you have money or a media center, like the Yankees.

It's all about the brand name on the back. LaBron just made it official.
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Windhorst getting some money to go bigtime. It will be interesting to see if he goes there.
    i was thinking that this morning, after reading all his latest. he's gonna be summoned to Miami, or else he'll stay here and be what Casey Coleman was to Bill Belichick. i'm sure you read this but everyone else probably hasn't:

Hey, Brian: Unless I missed it, I have not read what your opinion is of LeBron leaving the Cavs. A lot of other columnists have given their opinions, but I know you have covered him for many years. Are you upset with him? -- Gregg Simers, Cincinnati

Hey, Gregg: I know this may not be popular, but my opinion is that James had every right to take advantage of the free agency he earned. Moving to Miami and playing with two other All-Stars would be a dream come true for many people. I do, though, take issue with two things.

One was the way he ended it. He waited eight days and that limited the Cavs' options to improve after he left. Doing it on national television while not showing the courtesy to personally inform the Cavs he was leaving. Especially the way he was treated by the team and the city. The other was that even though he gave the Cavs seven seasons, taking the shorter three-year deal didn't seem to fairly give the team a chance to build long term around him. They competed year-to-year because they were attempting to keep him happy.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and i forgot about this, on someone's Twitter:

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah Twona...I had read that...

I have to tell you...I find it so interesting the way the Miami Terdumverate is handling all this. D-Wade is always at the middle, because Miami is his team. LeBron always on his wing...and Bosh...just doesn't seem to fit...

Now...this is DWade's team...but does LeBron take a backseat to that?...and what about Bosh...when he realizes that he was more like ball-skin, instead of actual balls. If Miami doesn't make a run this year...and it's possible they won't, it could be interesting...

I also have to wonder what would happen should DWade have injury issues, as he's had in the past. If it's just LeBron and Bosh and a host of cheap-ass veterans...this becomes a marginal playoff contender at best.

It will be interesting to see what happens to small market teams and/or bad locale teams in the future...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hey, it can't be that bad, Shawn Kemp played here!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't count out Gloria pulling some Miami Strings, and getting her tattooed bitch out of Cleveland, and to Miami for some daily felching...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah twona...

I followed Windhorst through this whole process, including that piece, and kept thinking, "This guy is as good as it gets."

I can't wait for Windhorst and/or Pluto to put out another book...this time on the deception...
    Looking at it from an outsider's point of view, if you're Windhorst, moving to Miami from Cleveland would be a no-brainer, if they actually offered it to him....

I've never been to Miami myself, basically the only major city in Florida I haven't been to, but I've heard many, many people say some pretty shitty things about that town....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Small Market teams...depending on the league, can survive

The NFL, you look at the Packers, Brownies, Steelers, all obvious examples, all sell out consistently, and the Browns generally have a chance to nab any free agent they so desire. One could argue that the NFL really fucked up with the 1999 expansion process, but again, the Browns will be able to dig themselves out of that hole if they can put a couple of things together.

Baseball is fucked up though, you'll never see the Pirates, Royals or Tribe sniff a World Series, and that's thanks to Bud Selig. I was really hoping that a lockout would happen a few years, just for the good of the sport, because eventually that would have mean't that the asshole would have been out on ass.

Basketball is growing into a baseball like affair, especially after this ordeal. I don't blame stern in this, I think he's just as angry as to how lebron handled things, as the rest of the country was, because it makes his product look tainted. Some changes are going to be made.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeBron on ESPN in a teaser:

"I was like..forget about all of this..Tonights about me.."

Where did I hear that before...it sounds so familiar.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The NFL, you look at the Packers, Brownies, Steelers, all obvious examples, all sell out consistently, and the Browns generally have a chance to nab any free agent they so desire. One could argue that the NFL really fucked up with the 1999 expansion process, but again, the Browns will be able to dig themselves out of that hole if they can put a couple of things together.

Baseball is fucked up though, you'll never see the Pirates, Royals or Tribe sniff a World Series, and that's thanks to Bud Selig. I was really hoping that a lockout would happen a few years, just for the good of the sport, because eventually that would have mean't that the asshole would have been out on ass.

Basketball is growing into a baseball like affair, especially after this ordeal. I don't blame stern in this, I think he's just as angry as to how lebron handled things, as the rest of the country was, because it makes his product look tainted. Some changes are going to be made.
    About small market teams, you made my point, Those 3 teams, tradition, tradition, and tradition. I will grant you this, it is WAY easier in the NFL, compared to other leagues, for small market.

Baseball, as long as the Yankees and the Red Sox have their own networks (YES and ESPN) and no salary cap, this is what you will get. (Although most Pirates fans will say the organization is horribly ran).

If you think Stern is mad, you're crazy. No such thing as bad publicity. The MLB All-Star Game is this week, the World Cup ends today and the British Open starts this week, and all we hear about on ESPN is LaBron. His product has been tainted for a long time. Refs were throwing games for God's sake. This is a gold mine. We hate it, but we're talking about it.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I've heard what Stern said, but I don't buy it. I think he's ecstatic to have those three together. He knows the fans are pissed off...so he's acting like he's pissed, but he's not.

The NBA is set up with a hard cap, so it will never be like MLB. It's actually set up with the Bird-Rule...which makes what just happened unprecedented. Bosh and LeButtsniffer allegedly left taking less money. Now, they ended up getting the sign-and-trade, which does undermine the whole Bird-Rule theory. That said, Kevin Durant just re-signed with Okie City...

What this LeBallsack signing does though is lend credence to the theory that you have to be surrounded by stars. The Celts did the same thing...but did it via trades for Garnett and Allen, which makes it a little big more understandable.

At the end of the day, LePubichair, Boosh and D-Bag set this all up four years ago. Their plan all along was to play together, which is fine, to be honest. It's how it was done. Like I said before, had LeBron signed the three-year deal and said, "I got together with my friends, and we were hoping at some point to play together. Maybe at the end of this contract, we can figure out a way to make that happen in Cleveland, or another city."

Instead, they all fucking lie. Actually, Boosh is the only one that was pretty square from the start. D-Bag and LeFelch lied from the start. Whatever. You reap what you sew. Either they reap titles, or they reap never being able to live up to the hype...

Fucking liars...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's most difficult for me during all this is the playoffs. I don't know what LeWench was going through, but he played like garbage. Did he throw the playoffs? It sounds ridiculous, but just watch the games. I'm not even talking about the offense here...but about the defense...

Now I know this year, he was hurt...but...

wow...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's most difficult for me during all this is the playoffs. I don't know what LeWench was going through, but he played like garbage. Did he throw the playoffs? It sounds ridiculous, but just watch the games. I'm not even talking about the offense here...but about the defense...

Now I know this year, he was hurt...but...

wow...
    He did.

it was a combination of bitching out on his coach and having this all planned out

Cleveland was fucking scammed.

Gilbert had every right to write that letter the more it seems.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeDumbass got booed outside Carmello Anthony's wedding...

Good stuff...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesse Jackson is all in an uproar, defending LeDork...

comparing Dan Gilbert to a slave owner, and LeClit into a slave...

...a slave that is earning 112/115 million over the next six years.

He's such a fucking moron. If LeBastard James was white, not only would it be amazing that a white man is the best player in the NBA, but Cleveland fans would easily hate him just as much...

I mean...fuck...Fart Modell is white, last I knew...did Jesse Jackhole come to his defense?

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jesse Jackson is all in an uproar, defending LeDork...

comparing Dan Gilbert to a slave owner, and LeClit into a slave...

...a slave that is earning 112/115 million over the next six years.

He's such a fucking moron. If LeBastard James was white, not only would it be amazing that a white man is the best player in the NBA, but Cleveland fans would easily hate him just as much...

I mean...fuck...Fart Modell is white, last I knew...did Jesse Jackhole come to his defense?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...t-jessejackson

fuck jesse jackson in the ass with a pitchfork, sideways. if dan gilbert had darker skin pigment jackson wouldn't have said shit.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jackson responded to Gilbert’s remarks on Sunday by saying the Cavs owner sees James as a “runaway slave” and that Gilbert’s comments put the player in danger.

Wow..Really?..Do he and Al Sharpton work this out between themselves or is it first to speak? Or did I miss Al's take?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In all seriousness...this sucks...

I wish the fuck that this whole fucking thing didn't bother me...but it does. Here I am...pushing 40, and this really has fucking fucked with me with regards to sports. Of course, I don't know what the hell I would do in his situation...

I know I fucking love Cleveland...and it's incredibly hard for me to believe that someone from there could drop the hammer like this.

Anyways...read the following...

http://papacass.blogspot.com/

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stern says the LeBron thing was moronic...

then fines Gilbert $100,000...

What a two-faced cock-head...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    VMart at the All-Star game...

"When I got in last night after dinner, I saw CC [Sabathia] and Cliff [Lee] in the lobby," said Martinez on Monday. "We were just talking about being teammates two years ago. It's just amazing the way everything was taken apart."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sabathia on the trades after 2007:

"That wasn't our fault. They traded us. That's on them. If they had kept everybody at least for two more years, I think we had a chance of having a really good team," said Sabathia. "You look back on Cleveland and the only one that's left is Jake [Westbrook]. It's kind of sad to me. We all came up together. We grew up together. It's been a tough thing to watch."

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In all seriousness...this sucks...

I wish the fuck that this whole fucking thing didn't bother me...but it does. Here I am...pushing 40, and this really has fucking fucked with me with regards to sports. Of course, I don't know what the hell I would do in his situation...

I know I fucking love Cleveland...and it's incredibly hard for me to believe that someone from there could drop the hammer like this.

Anyways...read the following...

http://papacass.blogspot.com/
    Cassano actually posts on the board I frequent.

Shocked you havn't registered there man. Swerb actually spoke rather highly of you.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What board?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Swerbs Blurbs...er...The Cleveland Fan?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Swerbs Blurbs...er...The Cleveland Fan?
    Yeah.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    people around here are getting too fucking high on the Browns now

Christ, thinking we're going to re-enact the patriots season of 01 or something

No, we're not going to sweep the Steelers, we'll be lucky to get a game from them, IF THAT.

No we're not making the playoffs, Jake fucking Delhomme is done and he's the guy under, and besides who the fuck does he have to throw to?

and No Colt McCoy is not the guy, he's a backup if we're lucky.

Thread Information