Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 1638

Thread: Cleveland Sports Chatter

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    alright, on the local student run station they air a sports talk show on sundays..

low and behold they get a call from one of their buddies down in Ft. Myers and he had asked a lot of the locals how they felt about LeBron and the Heat, and their response was:

"Uh..when do the Canes and Dolphins start?"

they asked some kid wearing a LBJ Heat jersey how lebron is viewed down there

"Just like Shaq when he was down there in 05"

Miami is just the epitome of a shitty sports town, every team that doesn't play on the gridiron should leave, hell I already have that worked out.

Miami Heat -----------> Kansas City, MO

Kansas cares more about basketball and is a great example of a Midwestern sports town. They deserve a basketball franchise.

Florida Marlins ----------> Charlotte, NC

The Carolinas are one of the best places for college baseball and yet the they get fucked over for a team that draws this much:

FUCK THAT.

Florida Panthers -------------> Cleveland, OH or Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

A team that can play in December and still go out swimming should not have a hockey team. I would put Winnipeg as the front runners in this, but I believe Phoenix will hopefully be bringing them their well-deserved franchise. Why Cleveland? Because, I think Hockey could work here, under this fictional scenario Dan Gilbert teams up with Kosar to bring this team up and there's immediately some rivalries that could be started with Columbus and with the Penguins and Red Wings.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Matt LaPorta...

I'm glad we keep seeing scenes from the future of this club...I hope all the moves pay off...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alright..fuck it, but I'm going to keep the melting down a bit, but make no mistake this is a melt post.

This sucked, period.

They took whatever optimism I had for a possible 8-8 season and flushed it down the drain today, we lack talent period. We are lacking a true leader and great pass rusher to make our defense that of one the elites, other than that I still am liking it. The offense though? Other than the great blocking from the offense we're so f-ing far behind every team in the NFL it's not even funny. great foundation we have, but the lack of offensive fire-power is beyond pathetic.

Still it'll never change, before we can even dream about the playoffs we need to get those three things that have been plaguing us in having a game-changing number 1 WR, a pass-rusher that is f-ing man on D, and a good to great QB.

lastly, I'm tired of losing, I really am. You know how pathetic it is to be considered "optimistic" and associate that with a 6 to 7 win season when discussing this all in the preseason? fucking win games, 'sall I'm asking for. I don't want moral victories or to try to defend my choice of team and why they play so terribly to the hoard of fat inbred "Fans". Blaming Art Modell and the NFL will only get you so far..it's been 10 years. I and others have been expecting results for the 6 to 7, it's been more than enough time.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Carlos Carrasco gets the win today...his first this season...

I just think he's going to be good...no real reason to think that...but I think things may start moving in an upward direction...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Choo hit three dingers tonight...also a good sign...

and Michael Brantley has a 17-game hit streak...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, lets see...

Mangini is probably going to be fired between the Bye Week and Week 12.

Um, wonder how Gruden will do with us?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, watched the Ken Burns baseball doc. "10th inning", and was really disapointed at how the lack of highlights involving the Indians

When discussing the post-strike year, they mentioned how attendance in every ballpark was down. Which would have been the perfect segway to the 1995 Tribe and how Indians fans were the only fans that came consistantly to support the tribe.

They went 100 and 44 and smoked the AL Central, the closet team in range being the Royals WHO WERE 30 GAMES BACK. Jim Thome, Albert Belle, Kenny Lofton, Carlos Baerga, Omar Vizquel, Sandy Alomar.

And you gave them just a quick passing notice? bullshit. Seriously. Bullshit.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brian Windhorst left the fucking PD to cover...you guessed it...the fucking Miami Heat for fucking ESPN...

Fuck 'em all...the whores...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brian Windhorst left the fucking PD to cover...you guessed it...the fucking Miami Heat for fucking ESPN...

Fuck 'em all...the whores...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In one fucking breath...he talks about the conspiracy, and in another...he fucking leaves...to cover the conspiracy...

fat fuck...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, Browns fans, especially you, damngoodtimes, how are you liking Mangina now after this 0-5 start? Don't worry, I'm sure they'll go on another 4 or 5 game winning streak at the end of the season when the playoffs are long since out of reach.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eric Wedge will reportedly be the new manager of the Seattle Mariners...
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Eric Wedge will reportedly be the new manager of the Seattle Mariners...
    It seems like all old Tribe managers end up in Seattle. Wedge will never be a champion in this league. He knows his stuff...but...he just seems to be missing something...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeah. an owner with deep pockets, and the willingness to spend the money in those pockets.

hadn't heard about the Windhorst thing, but now i find it funny that the PD ran a bunch of his stories on the 'round the world trip he and a friend took this summer.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    yeah. an owner with deep pockets, and the willingness to spend the money in those pockets.

hadn't heard about the Windhorst thing, but now i find it funny that the PD ran a bunch of his stories on the 'round the world trip he and a friend took this summer.
    I like Windhorst...a decent writer, who seemed to take everything with an everyday guy kind of take. You could tell that he didn't like the way LeBron handled his business...then this.

Talk about hypocracy...although I could see him saying, "Well, it's ESPN, so it's not really working for Miami..."

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    So, Browns fans, especially you, damngoodtimes, how are you liking Mangina now after this 0-5 start? Don't worry, I'm sure they'll go on another 4 or 5 game winning streak at the end of the season when the playoffs are long since out of reach.
    shit, Texan, I literally hadn't been on here in 7 months, I come on this morning and check out the Cleveland thread and here you are having asked me a question not 3 days ago. I'm surprised anyone here even remembered me.

as far as Mangini goes..well, the Browns are actually 1-4. I'm still mixed on Mangini. I wasn't thrilled that they hired him in a bidding war with themselves. however, I like what he did late last year with the overall mindset of the team. tough defensive, disciplined, run the football. that's how they will have to win in this division.

going into this season, my expectations weren't super-high, a very tough schedule and still a lack of talent. I think they are a better team this year, although the record doesn't show it. they've been in every game into the last 5 minutes of the game. last year, they were getting beat regularly by 20 pts. however, they have committed far too many penalties this year. that lack of discipline is a direct statement on the coach, and with the awful timing of the penalties, may have directly lead to at least two losses.

that said, they've been much better defensively this year. 100 pts allowed thru 5 games, and that includes (effectively) three pick-6's. so that's really about 16 pts per game. you can win a lot of games in the league with that.

I really think with a decent QB they could be quite a bit better. that's not Mangini's fault. I thought Delhomme would have a decent comeback this year (not Warner-Arizona, but maybe Garcia-Philly). he got hurt in the first game. Wallace is a decent backup; he gives you a chance to win. now, both guys are hurt and they are throwing McCoy into the fire in Pittsburgh this week

I guess, long story short, the jury's still out. but I think this is definitely a hot-seat year for him. don't know what Holmgren will consider to be enough improvement to keep him, though. Jon Gruden is in the wings.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always liked Brian. he didn't mince words or bullshit anyone. I suspect espn offered him a big old raise. no way PD could match the money. without LeBron, either Windy or Mary Schmidt-Boyer was going to be out of work. I think this probably turned out best for everyone.

espn probably felt it would be advantageous to use Brian's connections with the LBJ camp. problem is, they completely shut him out after the season ended. then, he was honest about them post-decision; of course, that camp doesn't want to hear anything honest from anyone. spoils the make-believe world they have going.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Somebody might have a QB in McCoy. Played pretty well given the circumstances. And that's hard for a Steelers fan to admit...
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was very impressed with Colt. I can't think of much worse circumstances to throw the rookie into (and they only got worse when Cribbs and Massaquoi went out). he played pretty well. it didn't look like the game was too big for him.

now, I won't get carried away and say we have our franchise QB, but I'd let him keep playing.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damngoodtimes View Post
    I was very impressed with Colt. I can't think of much worse circumstances to throw the rookie into (and they only got worse when Cribbs and Massaquoi went out). he played pretty well. it didn't look like the game was too big for him.

now, I won't get carried away and say we have our franchise QB, but I'd let him keep playing.
    Perhaps there was some method to the madness...

He didn't play particularly well, but...

he did have composure...it was extremely impressive...especially considering the fact that he had happy feet through the first few series...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is there any fucking way we can wipe away the last seven years of Cavs basketball...seriously...I can't even fucking stand to watch that shit...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    that's a tough one, pojo. because, record-wise, it was clearly the most successful run in franchise history.

I've thought of it this way...with any team you might follow, if they've got an old game showing on ESPNClassic, I usually will watch and enjoy reliving that moment. now, if they were to run, say, Game 5, of the 07 East Finals....

you could argue that was the greatest single game in Cavs history....

...I don't think i could stomach it.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    how 'bout them Brownies!!!

that was just a bizarre game. a 68-yd run by the punter...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    how 'bout them Brownies!!!

that was just a bizarre game. a 68-yd run by the punter...
    That was one hell of a call, and was the longest run by a punter since the merger in 1970! Something else that is fairly astounding: The Browns have knocked off the defending Super Bowl champions in each of the past three seasons. Cleveland topped Pittsburgh, 13-6, on Dec. 10, 2009 and the New York Giants, 35-14, on Oct. 13, 2008.

SOURCE

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    that's a tough one, pojo. because, record-wise, it was clearly the most successful run in franchise history.

I've thought of it this way...with any team you might follow, if they've got an old game showing on ESPNClassic, I usually will watch and enjoy reliving that moment. now, if they were to run, say, Game 5, of the 07 East Finals....

you could argue that was the greatest single game in Cavs history....

...I don't think i could stomach it.
    I couldn't...no questions...

Shit...it feels WORSE than watching film back in the day...of games you lost...and the play coming up that you know you either fucked up royally...and the coach would hand you your ass...or a play you fucking nailed perfectly, but couldn't say anything...because the coach was too busy telling everyone your head is so far up your ass, he doesn't know if he's ever going to pull it out...

I can't watch it...think about it...it makes me fucking sick to my stomach. Hell...I even get why he left...but I can't stand even thinking about it. Think is...if the Cavs could manage to get some pieces...a decent center, a couple of more scorers...this could be a fun team to watch...

But when you have a player that won back-to-back MVPs...when will the Cavs get that again?...

I'm getting too fucking old to have to deal with a rebuild after rebuild after rebuild...

and the stars are laughing about playing in Cleveland...sad really...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    need to get one-in-a-million lucky and find a guy like Durant, who has superstar talent, but not the same ego.

in hindsight, I think the big lie that everyone told about LeBron was that he was "one of us". The "us" here being the life-long Cleveland fans. Just because he was born and raised in NE Ohio doesn't mean we had anything else in common. He didn't have a father in his life to pass down that genetic fandom. For most of "us", that definable quality of being a Cleveland fan starts from watching games with our dads as little kids. LeBron never had that.

The only thing he had from playing close to home was his childhood buddies and the familiar surroundings, all of which probably made him softer.

fuck him. I hope he blows his knee out. actually, let me take that back....

I hope he blows BOTH knees out.

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    about the actual Cavs, I don't think they are 20-win bad like everyone is saying. I think they could challenge .500 and the last playoff spot or two. they still have some talent. biggest problem is probably that the six best players play only two positions:

3 PF's: Hickson, Varejao, Jamison
    3 PG's: Mo, Sessions, Boobie

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think they'll be dealing before the season is over...for sure...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dan Gilbert on his retort to the fucking farce known as THE DECISION...

I've got to believe he'll get the right players here...gotta believe it...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey...I wonder if that fuckstick Windhorst reported that...Oh shit...I forgot...it's not about LeDick...

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Love this quote from him in the link you provided speaking of the Heat's opening night loss.

"That was sort of a surreal experience...I guess they are only going to be 81-1 now," Gilbert said.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know...I'm watching the Cavs as we speak...and it's interesting watching them play without LeBron...

Gibson...actually has a whole lot of fucking attitude...interesting to watch the difference in this team...

God...I'd love it if they won 50 games...

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Any team with a player named "Boobie" is all right in my book.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Any team with a player named "Boobie" is all right in my book.
    Agreed...maybe they should change their name to the Tits...or some shit like that...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    J.J. Hickson is going to be a star in this league...I just hope Cleveland keeps the fucker...and brings in help...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Cavs need a center...now...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Antawn Jamison must think he's in hell...

He may be in hell...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boston beats Miami...

Cleveland beats Boston...

Well...if that don't fucking beat all...

Mind-Roaster
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cavs win! Cavs FUCKIN win!

Take down the team that knocked them out last year when the Quitter checked out.

Team basketball.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Boobie Gibson...16 points and 8 assists...

Hickson...21 points and 6 boards...

Varejao...8 points and 10 boards...

Interesting indeed...

Thread Information