Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Onto the head coaching position...

it looks like Flip Saunders is the guy they are going to go after...I like Saunders...but he has no fucking playoff history to speak of other than last year...but could be an interesting choice...

and of course...Phil Jackson will be mentioned...and Larry Brown...and some others...

I don't know that Jackson will ever consider Cleveland...although they may be in a similar position as the Bulls were when he came there...

I'm not a fan of Saunders either...another Silas if you ask me...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cleveland needs a win against Detroit...and are losing...gotta give props to Detroit in this one...with nothing to gain...they are going all out...

Cleveland is a game up on New Jersey...will lose the tie break if they tie...have knocked out Wallace...and at one point Rip Hamilton out of this game...and are down 4...

not only that...there's this going around...

ESPN's Greg Anthony and Tim Legler, along with TNT's Kenny Smith, have been reported as candidates as either the next GM or coach of the Cavaliers.

Just what the Cavs need...fucking TV analysts running the club...

fuck the Cavs...why don't they just call New York today...and say..."Hey...we'll give you LeBron for a SWIFT KICK IN THE FUCKING ASS..."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...the Tribe rebounds with a good pitching performance from their always injured "ace."

They won because a beaning...but who gives a fuck...just goes to show you that the error and beaning are part of the Twins game...lmfao...

Here's to July 21st...

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Keep laughin, punchy... LOL

Get 8-21 tatoo'd on yer ass.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

8-21? WTF kind of calendars do they have in Minnesota...

or have you changed your belief to August 21st...lmfao...dumbass...

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 03:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

1954 is the year of the last Cleveland Indians championship.

LMFAO.

Or, is it 1948?

Really LMFAO.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and pssst...EVH...let me let you in on a clue...and you know it as well as I do...

4 or 5 years for the Yankees...is 50 to the Tribe...

You can throw the big numbers around like 27 championships (which is fucking incredible by the way) all day long...but when you have the talent they have year in and year out...they should win every other year.

The past is the past...and this current team...and the ones of past years have all underachieved...congrats...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Cavaliers Fire GM Jim Paxson

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

CLEVELAND - Jim Paxson was fired Thursday as general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers, whose stunning second-half collapse this season cost them their first trip to the NBA playoffs in seven years.

Paxson's dismissal has been expected for weeks and came exactly one month after Paul Silas was fired as coach by owner Dan Gilbert, who has had a tumultuous first 50 days running the franchise.

The Cavaliers were 31-21 on Feb. 25, and 34-30 when Silas was fired. But the team fell apart down the stretch despite the play of LeBron James and finished 42-40, losing a tiebreaker with New Jersey for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

Gilbert, who took over as principal owner from Gordon Gund on March 1, said he released Paxson with two years and $2 million left on the GM's contract because he said change was necessary.

"We felt the team had made progress in the past two years," Gilbert said. "But to get to a championship level we felt we needed to bring our own people in."

Gilbert also said interim coach Brendan Malone, who went 8-10 after taking over for Silas, will not be a candidate to be the Cavs' next coach. Malone, however, will remain with the organization.

In missing the playoffs again, the Cavaliers wasted an MVP-caliber year from James, who averaged 27.2 points, 7.4 rebounds and 7.2 assists in his second pro season. Gilbert, who made his fortune in online mortgage banking, understands the importance of bringing in better players to complement James.

"We've got who we feel is the best basketball player in the game," Gilbert said. "We need to build a team around him and not settle for mediocrity or a .500 season. We want to win a championship or more."

Gilbert said he doesn't have names for a possible successor to Paxson. He wants Cleveland's next GM to hire the team's coach.

Gilbert said Paxson handled his dismissal as well as could be expected.

"Jim has been a class act the entire time," he said. "He has a wealth of knowledge and has been the consummate professional."

A two-time All-Star as a player, Paxson's six-year tenure as Cleveland's GM will be remembered for poor draft picks, a litany of head coaching changes, the arrival of LeBron James, Carlos Boozer's defection as a free agent, but perhaps most importantly, no playoff appearances.

Although critics are quick to point out Paxson's failings, he was also responsible for ridding the team of some burdensome contracts — leftovers from previous GM Wayne Embry — that had prevented the Cavaliers from improving with offseason moves.

Paxson traded Shawn Kemp and his four-year $70.8 million contract to Portland in 2000. He also was responsible for freeing the team of deals that Embry and former principal owner Gordon Gund gave to players including Lamond Murray, Bob Sura, Wes Person, Brevin Knight and Cedric Henderson.

Paxson has finally put the Cavaliers in position to spend money on free agents this summer, but now he won't get the chance.

Paxson joined the Cavaliers as their vice president of basketball operations in 1998 and succeeded Embry as GM the following year. He got a contract extension and promotion last July from Gund, who has retained a 15 percent share in the team now owned by Gilbert.

The Cavaliers were 185-307 in Paxson's six seasons in charge.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

bye bye Jimmy, you fucking worthless piece of shit.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

now i gotta return those playoff tix.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...I'm looking forward to next year...they have Cap room...now we'll see if they fucking get the right guy to run this organization...

But I'll tell you this...if it's Tolbert or fucking Kenny Smith...

They need to go out and get someone who fucking knows what they are doing...and is respected in the league...not tv know-it-alls...who will fall flat on their face...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Cavs are going to make a run at Larry Brown for head coach...a smart move...

and are going to be in play for one or two of the following...Redd, Larry Hughes, Ray Allen or Joe Johnson. Would love to see them sign Hughes and Johnson...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Larry Brown won't be a head coach...looks like they are looking at him for GM...

I wonder if they could talk him into nabbing Phil Jackson...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I still think Phil will go back to LA.

I think for all his Kobe is a troublemaker talk, he finds him an interesting test.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jackson could nullify the "nobody wants to play with Kobe" factor as well...

If Jackson is willing to go back...then other NBA players will follow...

It would be a smart move on the Lakers' part...

a step in the right direction...

and they'd have the two of them hugging and kissing on the front page of every paper in the country...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Cavs are going to make a run at Larry Brown for head coach...a smart move...

why, so he can just quit on them? fuck that guy. did you see this in the PD the other day?

Why again, exactly, is Brown revered?
    Sunday, April 17, 2005
    Bill Livingston
    Plain Dealer Columnist

Thank goodness America had Larry Brown, basketball genius, coaching them up last summer in Greece at the Olympic basketball tourna ment.

After all, how could anyone win with Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Am are Stoudemire, Dwyane Wade and Shawn Marion on the roster?

If you look at Sports Illustrated's picks for first-, second-, and third-team all-NBA, the aforementioned shirkers, me-firsters, misfits and knuckleheads make up 40 percent of the list. My, what a shabby hand Brown was dealt.

Emeka Okafor, another member of Team USA, is the magazine's choice for Rookie of the Year.

Wade is a key player on the best team in the NBA East, Miami. Stoudemire and Marion have helped give Phoenix the best record in the NBA West. Duncan's Spurs would have had the latter, had he not severely sprained an ankle. The teams of Iverson and James, while disappointing, are still in the playoff chase.

James' Cavaliers are a deeply flawed team. They will play at Larry Brown's Pistons today as big underdogs.

Regardless of result, hold the hosannas to Brown.

The guy he replaced, Rick Carlisle, has done the best coaching job in the NBA.

Carlisle was sacked in what would have been viewed as a disgraceful lack of trust and patience by Pistons General Manager Joe Dumars. . . . except the Pistons, with the critical addition of Rasheed Wallace down the stretch, won the championship under Brown last season.

The nation was informed by the basketball sages that Larry Brown was a coach for the ages. He verified all the platitudes about teamwork and self-sacrifice.

The record says he has one championship in college at Kansas. The NCAA put the Jayhawks on probation right after he left.

He has one in the NBA. The Pistons were a team ready to win, so Brown cooled his chronically meddlesome ways with personnel. The Pistons beat the Pacers in seven games to get to the Finals, then should have swept the dysfunctional Lakers.

This year, both the Pacers and Pistons imploded in the early-season riot in Michigan, but Carlisle's team was devastated by the suspensions that followed. Since the NBA couldn't suspend the drunks and louts in the stands, Carlisle has coached all season without his best player, Ron Artest, and parts of it without almost everyone else. He has done one of the best jobs ever.

In Athens, Brown should have been allowed to choose a shooter as a coach's "wild-card" roster addition. In the absence of such a critical component, he would tell you again and again how the Olympics were the biggest challenge of "his" career. Or that "his" mission was to teach this team how to "Play the Game the Right Way." When it came time to assess responsibility for the bronze medal, "his" butt was going to be covered.

He set the players up to fail by constantly doubting them. When they failed, he was, as his nickname among several NBA types put it, "Larry Blameless."

This isn't about Brown's failure to play James in Greece, although assistant coach Greg Popovich thought James was the best player in practice almost every day.

This is about America's Coach, a man hailed for creating the ultimate example of a team, who yet put the greatest measure of value on his own reputation.

Brown would never have been able to hold the Pacers together. He would have poisoned the locker room when times got tough. It's always all about him.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jackson's still dating Buss' daughter too, so I'm sure he has her whispering in his ear every night.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Carlisle is definately coach of the year, having to deal with that mess.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Look...twona...this team needs someone...anyone...that has credibility...

I don't give a shit who it is...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree with the Carlisle comment...and love the fact that he got another job and is doing the job he's doing after being uncerimoniously dumped from the Detroit job...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

i agree with not hiring some asshole away from his TV job. credibility or not, i don't like Brown.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think Brown will go anywhere to be a GM...do you?

He likes the limelight to much...

Of course...the GM for LeBron...and his penchant for movement...lmfao...maybe...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It won't be more than five years from now that LeBron is tarred with the same 'selfish' brush that Kobe was tarred with. You can already see the makings of it this year.

This happens when somebody who's the Next Jordan wears out their welcome with the media, and the media wants to move on to the Next Next Jordan.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually...I've heard a lot of talk that LeBron did well and the team gave up...

haven't ever heard that around Kobe...LeBron is getting the benefit of the doubt right now...that he did well in spite of the team...which is why they are saying he wants to leave...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think Brown will go anywhere to be a GM...do you?

He likes the limelight to much...

Of course...the GM for LeBron...and his penchant for movement...lmfao...maybe...
    He has said many times that Detroit was his last NBA coaching job. I read that as he may coach college again if it was right for him.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And LeBron hasn't came out in the media and said anything.

I think he and Kobe are completely different scenarios, where Kobe had another superstar when he came aboard, where Lebron was the whole show from the beginning.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Larry Brown...has said many times...lmfao...

"I'm staying put..."

only to go days later...

twona's right...you can't trust this guy further than you can throw him...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah but the bad hip now, and the surgery he had as the follow up.

Health isn't as good now.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ALinChainz
    And LeBron hasn't came out in the media and said anything.

I think he and Kobe are completely different scenarios, where Kobe had another superstar when he came aboard, where Lebron was the whole show from the beginning.
    Kind of like Michael!...lmfao...

Brown should just go away...then...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually...I've heard a lot of talk that LeBron did well and the team gave up...

haven't ever heard that around Kobe...LeBron is getting the benefit of the doubt right now...that he did well in spite of the team...which is why they are saying he wants to leave...
    Ah, but I've also heard guys on ESPN saying that since the Cavs choked, shouldn't LeBron get some of the blame?

Magic Johnson was considered to have run Paul Westhead out of town after LA won in 1980, but was never tarred with that brush that Kobe is for running Phil out of town. One of the reasons why is because Magic was never the Next Jordan. It's all a matter of perceptions.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Magic couldn't have been the next Jordan, he was already there.

Magic and Bird saved the league, Magic couldn't do no wrong.

LeBron couldn't take any of the blame, not with his numbers.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Why is Kobe taking blame for LA's bad season with his numbers, then?

2nd in the league in scoring?

I don't think 28, 6, and 6 are bad numbers. In fact the only two guys in the league who had those kinds of numbers were Kobe and LeBron.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

YR TM G GS MIN FG FG% 3P 3P% FT FT% STL BLK TO PF DQ OFF DEF TOT AST PTS

03-04 Lal 65 64 37.6 7.9-18.1 .438 1.1-3.3 .327 7.0-8.2 .852 1.7 0.4 2.6 2.7 0.0 1.6 3.9 5.5 5.1 24.0

04-05 Lal 66 66 40.7 8.7-20.1 .433 2.0-5.9 .339 8.2-10.1 .816 1.3 0.8 4.1 2.6 0.0 1.4 4.5 5.9 6.0 27.6

Kobe actually had a better year statistically this year than last year, when Shaq was still with the team.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kobe couldn't get anyone else involved. The offense was designed around him and look at his woeful shooting percentage.

Kobe doesn't have it in him to get the players around him to play for him as well as with him.

Who is going to bust hump at all when they already know who is taking the shot?

Of course he is going to have somewhat of a better season without Shaq because Shaq would HAVE to get his touches, and the offense run through him sometimes, the kick outs, etc.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Woeful?

He shot .438 last year WITH Shaq and .433 this year WITHOUT. It's negligible.

His assists were UP this year.

If he averages 6 assists a game being totally selfish, what would he do if he passed the ball? 12-15 a game?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck Kobe...this isn't his thread...lmfao...

and we've beat this dead horse into the ground...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's right POJO.

Let's just all agree that Kobe's been manhandled by the media, and we'll move on to LeBron's game.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I will agree to this...

Kobe's not as bad as we think he is...

Kobe's not as good as you think he is...

and leave it at that...

He's being manhandled by the media because he's a dipshit...

HE SHOULD take lessons from Jordan...who banged white chicks for 20 years without getting caught...

As far as the shit that he was taking for not being a team player...again...there's truth to it...probably not as much as I think...but more than you think...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep, the answer usually is always in the middle somewhere.

And you are right about Jordan. He might still be behind Wilt the Stilt in off the court scoring though, still.

I think Wilt said he scored 20,000 off the court, 30,000 on the court.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yep...he said he banged 20 grand...something we can all aspire to...

amazing he didn't get AIDS...lmfao...

equally amazing that there aren't any women corroborating that story...

Thread Information