Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

EPIC...They could have pulled 4 fans out of the stands and the Cavs still would have won...im a believer!!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
      EPIC...They could have pulled 4 fans out of the stands and the Cavs still would have won...im a believer!!
      LOL. Funny shit, but dead on. Anyone who can singlehandedly beat Webber & Rasheed has got something special.

ps

FUCK YOU KOBE!

I hope the Lakers trade you for Wade & Shaq and the Lakers win 3 more titles in a row.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Remeber though..IT is Cleveland we're talking about here..Murphy's Law is always in effect here.....

We shall see though..Maybe, Just Maybe
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

BUMP..

Was at the game last night...Fucking awesome game...A comeback in the 9th..Whole place was going crazy, This probably the happiest I've seen folks around here for a while..

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

The Flopaliers.

I have never seen an NBA team do it as much as they do, and even Lebron got in on it.

And I've been a Piston fan all my life, I've seen Laimbeer play.

I know what flopping looks like. The Pistons are playing their worst ball of the year. They won the division and have home court.

They're folding tent. They are losing the series. Stats say they are the best in the league in not turning the ball over.

Look how much they are turning it over.

Regardless of the winner of this series, Spurs sweep the Finals.

Enjoy.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ALinChainz
              The Flopaliers.

I have never seen an NBA team do it as much as they do, and even Lebron got in on it.

And I've been a Piston fan all my life, I've seen Laimbeer play.

I know what flopping looks like. The Pistons are playing their worst ball of the year. They won the division and have home court.

They're folding tent. They are losing the series. Stats say they are the best in the league in not turning the ball over.

Look how much they are turning it over.

Regardless of the winner of this series, Spurs sweep the Finals.

Enjoy.
              Oh Please Al.....The officiating for the first two games was a JOKE...LeBron got hacked beyound belief...Even if they were flopping, it was probably because the Cavs wouldn't get the calls at all bro.

Anyways...Yeah, Billups and Hamilton have committed Rookie-like mistakes as of late..Whats been up with them dude?

I overheard a lot of Detroit fans at the Tribe game last night, You guys sound like you've really given up on them..

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Gimme a break.

He doesn't get fouled on every play like he believes. He isn't Jordan, not yet anyway.

The coach is instructing the players to "jump into their chests", which means don't worry about hitting the shot, you're going to get the call.

Look at the Cavs playoff run so far, have they played well?

The call on McDyess was bullshit. A technical, sure. A Flagrant One? A stiff maybe. A Flagrant Two and an ejection with the possibility of a suspension? Bull-fucking-shit.

The fact is this: The ratings for the Finals have been in decline each season. No one wants to see the Pistons-Spurs. It is in the NBA's best interest to have LeBron in the Finals. The casual fan may tune in. The media darling will draw the ratings.

The Pistons are playing the worst ball of the year. Five straight trips to the ECF and this is how bad their playing? I don't buy the Cavs are that much better and if they get to the Spurs, I believe they'll fare worse against them than Detroit would.

Yeah, I've given up. Now we go back to Cleveland, where I know how the calls will go.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Worst play of the game was Billups trying to draw a foul on his 3-point attempt.

Verrrrry weak.

Why not just knock it down?
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

My biggest bitch about him ... game in and game out.

All the freakin' time ... and now some of the others are doing it and whining ..which pisses officials off.

Chauncey is always worried about drawing the foul, which fucks his shot all the time. And he can hit the shots, thats why I don't get it. Snow played good defense there and he didn't really do anything but be there, Chauncey made it a tougher shot that it was, he had just hit a giant 3 to give them the 1 point lead earlier.

Starting to think the Pistons should rebuild after this season, and not just reload. Chauncey is a FA, and will command the max, and I'm not so sure anymore if I can take it.

He smiles and shrugs shit off like no big deal, which also sucks. I didn't like his attitude at the end of the Heat series last year, and I am not liking it now.

Like I said, whether the win or lose, I'm convinced the Spurs stomp whomever they face.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

And Flip Saunders ... SUCKS.

He can go .. the players don't respect him anyway.

His rotations of the bench blow.

Never liked him.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Billups talks tough on LeBron

CLEVELAND -- Chauncey Billups had an unfamiliar bounce to his step as he swaggered down the hallway after exiting the team bus this morning, his Detroit Tigers cap sitting at a cockeyed angle atop his still-spinning head.

The swagger wasn't limited to his appearance and demeanor, either. Once Billups got to talking, the words came out cocky, too.

Yes, LeBron James had torched the Pistons for 48 points in Game 5.

And yes, the pregame talk all through the day and all throughout this city Saturday had been about what a transcendent and epic performance James had given on Thursday.

But in the insular world of the Pistons' locker room, the talk had not been about how many points James scored, but of how he scored a few of his most important baskets. James was able to get to the rim and finish with resounding authority, especially on two dunks at the end of regulation, and a certain set of latter-day Bad Boys seemed to have come to the conclusion that a repeat performance -- at least of those dunks -- was not going to be in the forecast.

"That's never happened to us, and that won't happen again. That won't happen again," Billups vowed. "I won't say he can't get 40, but he won't get 40 like that again. Not on us. Trust me. Not like that."

The message was unmistakable: When LeBron attempts to go to the hole, he needs to meet stiffer resistance than what was put up in Game 5. And if that means giving a hard foul and testing the theory that James secretly loathes taking contact, so be it.

"He gets 40 on us fading away and all that, then tip your hat to him. But he won't get that kind of 40 again," Billups said.

Saturday morning also found Billups and the rest of the Pistons experiencing another of those déjà vu moments that have sprung up from time to time in the playoffs over the past four years.

This will be the seventh time since 2003 that the Pistons have entered a Game 6 trailing a postseason series 3-2, and this will be the seventh time they entered that game fully expecting to emerge victorious, carrying a level of genuine confidence that historically has served them well.

It wasn't until last year's Eastern Conference finals that they lost a series 4-2.

In 2003, they trailed Orlando 3-1 but won Game 5 at home, Game 6 on the road and Game 7 at home.

In 2004, they trailed the New Jersey Nets 3-2 in the Eastern Conference semifinals before winning the next two, including a Game 6 victory at the Meadowlands.

In 2005, they trailed the Miami Heat 3-2 before winning Game 6 at home by 25 points and then closing out the series on the road, and they also trailed 3-2 against San Antonio in the finals before winning Game 6 on the road.

Last year, Miami won Game 6 to prevent Detroit from making a third consecutive NBA Finals appearance. But they got to the conference finals only because of what happened in the previous round against Cleveland, and yes, that too featured a comeback from a 3-2 deficit.

Last year's Game 6 in Cleveland came down to a tight final minute, and the Pistons were twice able to keep the Cavaliers from grabbing a defensive rebound in the final 1:04, allowing them to run 55 seconds off the clock. Billups and Rasheed Wallace missed free throws that would have given the Pistons a four-point lead, and when the Cavs rebounded Billups' miss with 10.1 seconds left, they did not call their final timeout.

Instead, James raced downcourt and drove hard to the basket, getting fouled when Ben Wallace gently hand-checked him just as LeBron was kicking the ball to a wide-open Flip Murray in the corner (remind anybody of this year's Game 1?) for what would have been a game-tying 3-point attempt. James then went to the line, made the first and missed the second intentionally, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas' tip-in attempt barely missed. The Pistons then went on to close out the Cavs in Game 7 back at the Palace, winning by 18 and holding Cleveland to just 61 points as James shot just 1-for-9 with no assists in the second half.

Saturday, the Pistons were expecting a repeat of last year's final result -- a momentum-swinging victory that would extend their playoff lives and give them another chance to come out of the East for the third time in four years.

They obviously have a higher regard for the Cavs than they did a year ago, and Thursday night's performance by James certainly got their attention, but to them Game 6 was going to come down to how they played -- not how the Cavs played.

About the only subtle difference was Billups' acknowledgement that the Pistons' spirits were being buoyed by the fact that all five of the previous games had been close throughout.

"In a few of these games we should have got beat by 17, 18 or 19, but they haven't been really able to pull away like that on us," Billups said. "So that's probably got something to do with us, and something to do with them, too. We're still in this series. Like I said, it we were getting beat by 17, 18, it'd be different. But we're right there."

Detroit point guard Chauncey Billups has not lived up to his reputation or enhanced his impending free-agent status in the Eastern Conference finals, writes Chris Sheridan.

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

yea Chaucy, go out on a limb and say he wont do it again...after one of the greatest performances ever....what a tool

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Hmmm ... Detroit .... 12 FTs as a team ...

LeBron ... 11 by himself .... 25 for Cleveland ....

Oh yeah .... wonderful officiating ...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

See ... Lebron lowered the shoulder there for his first FG ... how they call that on Detroit ...

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

..AND THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS ARE THE NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...