X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    You and I both know Al...that this is to be expected from pro athletes...the norm...

I'm just waiting for the ONE guy to step it up...and say fuck it...I'm happy here...and take a HUGE hit in salary to do it...

Of course...then the union will kick his ass out...

many angles indeed...
    That is a very good point which I hadn't even thought of.

The Players Union. You know they would have jumped his shit. They want that bank breaking each and everytime one of them becomes free agent eligible.

Some guys do it, in all sports, take less money, they just don't hit the news the way the bad shit does.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

It doesn't happen often...and when it does...it's generally because of a local flavor...

like Griffey with the Reds...but he didn't exactly take a pay cut to go there...even though he could have gotten more money from another team...

No doubt the union was involved...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Another interesting point...

Roth (Gund) came out with his memo...not really a common thing for an owner to come out like that and take the heat...then hammer a player...

can't wait for Eddie's (Boozer's) response...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Alright, what the fuck...

I'll bring this back from the dead...

Cleveland, 3 games back?

3 game series with Minny?

and kicking the shit out of them right now...as we speak.

After tonight, 12 games left with the Twinkies.

Dare I say it?

If they win tonight, 2 games back, 3 in the loss column.

Good young pitching, no pen, clutch bats, depth.

No Pen, No Pen, No Pen.

Shoulda made a move or two to strengthen that.

I think there are some AL teams that'll be sweatin' it out down the stretch.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

And more or less, a built in trade in September, with Boone coming back.

and if he's good to go, maybe a key contributer, if nowhere else, the clubhouse.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

And the lead grows bigger...

would be five in a row...

of course...it's only August...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Cleveland beating Minny...

Boston losing...

let's get this summer movin'...

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Tribe up 7-1 in the 8th. nice. a few days in first place would be good for some of the young guys, a little taste of success never hurt anyone.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Look twona...the thing with these guys is they've HAD success in the minors...they are used to winning...

I think that this is such a precursor...

Goodness, imagine if they can sign a #2 starter...a couple of bullpen arms...and perhaps...a veteran stick in the OF...

of course...I just had to pause...because that offense...their position players are so damn good...and with Phillips and Pheralta chomping at the bit...

deep as well...

Maybe the 90's era was to beget the true great Tribe era...

the best thing I see right now are the arms...

they have decent power...decent defense...but great young arms...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

What is this? A sell out...a 7-1 win...a game out of first...a pennant chase...

Welcome back Tribe...a win today...and it's all tied up...with 10 games to play against the Twins...

let the games begin...

This team reminds me a ton of that team in 1994...peaking at the right time...

This time though...no strike...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

It's a beautiful day for baseball...

alright, the Indians are tied with the Twinkies...2-2...heading into the bottom of the seventh...

fucking Bettancourt...this guy needs gut...

here's to Durbin, the kid's bringin' it...

C'mon pen...hold this...the offense WILL come through...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Alright...Howry did his job...barely...

now comes the offense...bottom of the eighth...put this game away...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Goddamn motherfucker...

Koskie with a 2 run dinger in the top of the 10th...

fuck...

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

yeah, that sucked.

may be a rough week for the Tribe...three in Texas and the weekend in Minnesota. Saturday's game is gonna be on FOX, not sure if it'll be a regional game or not. after that short trip they've got the Yank-me's and White Sox at home.

September looks good, 6 games home and away with both the Tigers and Royals, maybe they can gang up on those two sorry teams. Seattle too.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I gotta admit, I'm rootin' for the Tribe, in an American League kinda way only....

Caveat: Let no one construe the rooting for the Cleveland Indians in ANY way towards rooting for the Cleveland Browns.... Failure to adhere to that rationale will result in constant forced listening to a custom-made recording of Sambo's rendition of "Uh-huh, dig it, come on, oh yeah".....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...